A Lie To Love☑

By chill_pill_all_day

Daisy Stevens is a 21-year-old girl who is in her senior year of college. She started texting some man she ne... More

Author's Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 12

9.7K 307 20
By chill_pill_all_day

Daisy's POV

It's been about two weeks since I didn't speak with him. His eyes are always red in the morning and I know what's the cause of them. He deserves it. Maybe I sound cold, but I want to let him taste his own medicine.

He said sorry so many times and I really believe he is sorry, but I don't want to forgive him so easily. I want to let him suffer longer so he could payback what he has done to me.

My parents weren't home and I haven't seen Bernardo anywhere so I was a little bit bored. I searched for something to do when I came across a recipe for cinnamon rolls. By reading the recipe, I figured out it would be easy to make.

I was doing this for half an hour and then baked it. I was happy with the final results. They tasted really well and this was my first time doing this.

I should do them more often. I served them in a nice plate. I started washing the dishes when door opened. He entered the kitchen. We didn't say anything to each other as he opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water.

He turned around and probably noticed food in a plate as he reached for one. He took a bite and his eyes changed.

''Did you made them?''
''Awhile ago.'' I said as I neatly placed the apron back.
''They're great.'' He smiled sadly and left upstairs.

I was thinking why did he react like that when I remembered. I shouldn't have made them. It probably reminded him of his mother. I feel so bad now.

I rushed upstairs and knocked few times on the door. There wasn't any response when I decided to enter. He was lying down on his back looking at the ceiling. There were few tears on his cheeks.

''I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made them. I forgot.'' I said standing at the door.
''It's fine and I don't need your pity.''
''I was just trying to—'' He cut me off rudely.

''I don't care what were you trying to do. Afterall, I'm just a liar to you. You shouln't even talk to me as you have been doing that whole the time.''

''That's not even the matter we're talking about.''
''It's the same f**king sh*t. If you don't want to talk to me, don't talk to me at all.'' He spat as I flinched slightly.

''I'm sorry for trying to make you feel better. I should have known not to talk to you. As you wish.'' I said and went out of the door.

I just wanted to be nice to him after all he has done to me. I know he feels sad about his mother, but I'm not at fault for that. I met his mother few times when I was at his place. Such a wonderful woman.

I didn't know what to do as I went in my room. I was texting to Jane a little then I decided to look for a job at school. There is still a month until school starts so I want to get ready.

There was one school that was looking for geography teacher. It's a middle school that is not too far from my apartment. Conditions are good and I need to apply for a job. I think this will be good.

Middle school kids are okay. They are not too bratty as high schoolers. I think I will find my way with them. I just hope they will like me.

I soon found myself thinking about my middle school time. I was decent student. I was studying a lot and was on top in my class. It's in my nature to study hard.

It was already night when I finished watching few episodes on Netflix. I was sleepy so I put down my laptop and turned to the side to sleep.

I heard the door creaking open, but I didn't want to turn around. My bed dipped and arm sneaked around my waist. I smelled Bernardo's cologne.

He pulled me to his chest and I felt his breath on my neck. He probably thought I was sleeping and I didn't want to move. To not ruin anything, I fell asleep snuggling closer to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 12.2K 31
They pooped together, They dressed together, celebrated birthdays together gone to school together and so much more. He was her pillow, She was his B...
7.6K 137 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...
30.9K 709 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
649 86 47
Completed. Rewritten story telling of my book, Mr. Pick-Me-Upper. "Keep your head up Princess, your tiara is falling." "Did you really try to com...