The PUR-fect Curse

By INACTIVE_PRVLDPRNC2

(Cover Made By @Winstermagic ) (Written based off a prompt from Vpow4life) In a fit of anger, Roman goes out... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Epilogue
The Paws-some Anthology
~Book 2~

27

4K 241 120
By INACTIVE_PRVLDPRNC2

"Where did it..." Virgil was moving things about like a basket case as Roman just giggled from the bed. Neither one even really thought about it anymore, to be honest. If Roman wasn't there than Virgil seemed to worry. It's just gotten to the point where they were always together. At this point, though Virgil was getting a bit stressed out. Not because of Roman or... Well, It was but Virgil didn't know that. 

"What are you looking for?" Virgil groaned as he jumped up and just frantically gestured about making Roman's eyes narrow a bit. "My... Anx?"

"Nyxies toys." Roman paled as he quickly sat up watching as Virgil ran a shaky hand through his hair. "They've... been disappearing. I... I can't find the mouse toy... The Cat!"

"Uh..." Roman bit his lip awkwardly as he looked over to see Nyxie sleeping in the castle. "Why do you even need them? She's resting."

"That's not the issue, Roman. I don't understand where they could have gone off to. Plus..." Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil just seemed to crash. "The cat one was King's absolute favorite. He loved that toy and now... I can't find it."

"I'm sure Mr. Whiskers is fine." Virgil frowned as he shot Roman a confused look who just laid back with a laugh. "Besides if it was King's favorite... maybe having the lil princess play with it wouldn't be such a good idea?" It was bad enough she was even using his castle. Roman tensed up as he desperately tried to hold back the hiss. It was hard. He never realized how hard it was until he saw her with him. Roman snatched mr. whiskers away hissing protectively before Nyxie could even realize he was there. His castle is one thing... but his toys were his. 

"I'm sure I'll find it once I stop looking." Virgil laughed as he gently scratched Nyxie's head making her purr as she slowly sat up. He walked over to the bed only to laugh more as Roman held out his hand gesturing for him to hold him with a smile. "What is with you?" Virgil laid down only to roll his eyes as Roman laid down over top of him, their legs tangled up together, with Roman's head on his chest.

"Hey, Ro?" Roman hummed in response as Virgil just stared off at nothing. "What... What are we?"

"We're friends. Why?" Virgil's eyes narrowed slightly as Roman cuddled up more into him. 

"I just... I don't know." Roman laughed as he closed his eyes and smiled. "You're always in here with me."

"I can't be alone."

"Doesn't mean you have to be with me." Roman faltered as he quickly pushed himself up making Virgil tense, realizing exactly how that sounded.

"Do... Do you not want me in here with you?"

"No, that's..." Virgil sighed as he gently pulled Roman back down noticing how the older latched onto his shirt. "That's not what I meant. Roman, I... I enjoy our time together. I do. I just can't get out of my head sometimes, is all. We were never like this before... and now you literally laying on top of me. I'm sorry but... It doesn't feel like... we're friends."

"Anx, we are whatever you want us to be." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roman slowly relaxed letting his arms wrap loosely around the one beneath him. "Nothing more... nothing less. You call the shots. You're the boss. I'm just happy being here with you. I don't... want to be alone."

"But why me..."

"Because it has to be..." Roman clammed up as he just cuddled more wanting to just be with the man he loved rather than start a fight or something. "Anxiety, I... I care about you. I told you before the others just don't give me what I need."

"And... I do?" Roman could only nod as he felt Virgil finally move to actually hold him.

"You're the only one that does, Anx. Ever since... I just... I don't like anyone touching me. No one but you." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman's voice cracked a little. "Anx, I... I just can't be without you. Being without you... hurts." 

"What do you mean?" Roman sighed as resigned himself to just say it. 

"Anxiety, I can't be away from you. I don't... entirely know why. I do know that I care about you and being apart makes me... scared? I think. I don't know. I can't stand the silence. I... It's like this crawl down my back urging me forward. I don't like it. I... feel... safe in here with you. I feel happy. I like being with you. I... I lo... I..." Roman groaned as he pushed himself up again until they were staring face to face. "I like you." Virgil's eyes went wide as Roman just smiled. "I like you ok? You're kind and soft and your sweet. But at the same time, you're hard and strong and you know how to put me in my place. I like you, Anxiety."

"But... I'm confused. I don't understand. I..." Roman purred as he leaned against him, nuzzling into his neck as he hugged himself tight. Virgil just melted into the embrace. "Why?"

"Why not?" Roman giggled softly as he felt Virgil's quickening pace. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't."

"You hated me?"

"Nope. I never hated you. I just didn't know you. I didn't exactly like what I thought you were but... I never hated you." Virgil's eyes narrowed as looked down to see Roman literally burring himself into him. 

"But, I always fight against you."

"No, you try to protect Thomas. Try again please." Virgil faltered as Roman just laid there with this big smile.

"I'm... I'm the villain." Roman's eyes shot wide as Virgil cringed a bit. "That's... That's what you always said, right? That I'm the villain."

"First off, you are NOT the villain." Virgil's eyes went wide. "Secondly, even if by some... impossibility that you were... Everyone loves the villains. It's the 'bad guys' who make the show. Without them... There's no reason for the hero to keep fighting. Anx... You aren't the villain. To be completely honest I... hate that I ever thought you were. You aren't. Anx..."

"Roman, I like you too." Roman literally beamed as he jumped up taking Virgil by surprise, who had never seen such a joyful look in the prince's eyes... not even for Disney.

"You do?" Virgil smiled as he just nodded making Roman completely melt into him. "I... I'm so happy. I... I didn't think... I was scared you never would. I just... I thought you... I'm just really happy."

"So? What does that make us, Roman?" Roman's eyes shot wide as he laid there over him. "Are we friends or..."

"I told you. We are whatever you want us to me. We take it at your pace. As long as I'm with you, I really don't care how slow or what we are. You the only one I care about." Virgil didn't know how to respond to that. He never really thought Roman would have liked him let alone... liked him that much. He didn't know how to feel about it but... He knew he was at least a little happy. And he knew... He knew he wanted to be a little bit brave here. He knew what he wanted. 

"Ok then, Roman. I wouldn't mind if we..." Virgil froze the second Roman hissed, taking him a bit by surprise. He glanced over to see Nyxie sitting there with a silly look and he couldn't help but laugh. "Did you just seriously hiss at her?"

"Yes." Roman's eye narrowed as he glared the kitten down. This was his time with Virgil, not hers. Nyxie tilted her head a bit as Roman growled possessively. He hissed at her in warning only making her swat him on the nose. Virgil at this point was a laughing mess, while Roman just sat up completely stunned. "She hit me."

"She's a kitten, Roman. She isn't going to be scared of you. Why are you hissing at her anyway?" Roman pouted as he resumed his glaring.

"I gave you too much spunk when I summoned you." Virgil was a laughing mess as Roman sighed and watched as the tiny kitten walked her way over to him pawing at his arm. "No. No... What are you doing? I don't like you."

"Oh my god!" Virgil was just lost in his fit of giggled as Roman let out a rumbling growl.

"Go away. Go... Shoo... Why don't you go steal the castle again?" Nyxie mewled softly as he climbed herself up onto Roman's arm, who held it out with a quirked brow just letting the kitten dangle. "Is this how senior Cats feel with their owner brings home a baby?" Roman rolled his eyes as he slowly started to smile. He carefully picked her up better and just held her up till they were face to face, before letting off a soft meow. Nyxie's eyes seemed to shine as she nibbled on Roman's thumb who meowed again lightly, eliciting a quiet mewl from the kitten.

"How is it that she always responds to you?" Virgil asked as he pushed himself up to see Roman shrug. The prince simply answered with another meow, purring slightly before turning into mewl. Nyxie pawed the air purring in response as Roman just groaned. 

"Fine. You win." Roman laughed as he passed her over to Virgil who was just staring the prince down. "What?"

"Nothing." Virgil smiled as he held Nyxie close. "Just that it's like I have two cats." Roman paled a Virgil just gave him a silly look. "I mean... My boyfriend literally just had a conversation with our kitten."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 164 31
Virgil Black and Roman Prince are roommates in college and they absolutely despise each other. But when they start writing to each other on Wattpad...
24.4K 2.5K 64
Virgil Anxiety Black was in his room recovering from a panic attack when the castle is stormed. His best friend, Remus Lucious, has just enough time...
85K 3.8K 36
Five years away has changed a lot, which Virgil is still learning, as he tries to get back into the swing of things. With a past like his, it's hard...
8.6K 334 22
The wonderful prince Roman was forced by his parents to hold a ball for all the beautiful women in the country to try and win his heart. Little doe...