the truth about survival part...

By unbrokenreflection

Kamille Ali considered herself lucky for being able to find a second family in a world that constantly stole... More

i. and the search begins
ii. truly alone
iii. road trip
iv. long time no see
v. getting revenge
vi. it's history
vii. what could have been
viv. haunting green eyes
x. h2-no
xi. stay
xii. forgive her
xiii. a familiar face
xiv. forgiven
xv. it's temporary
xvi. mía
xvii. a messy plan
xviii. hypocrate
xix. a little bit of fun
xx. better as friends
xxi. a setup
xxii. babysitting duty
xxiii. wearing your heart on your sleeve
xxiv. just be careful
xxv. a sudden realisation
xxvi. it's not the right time
xxvii. the promise of a lifetime
xxviii. make a move
xxviv. the answer is always yes
epilogue
a final thank you!

viii. crazy woman

1.7K 140 23
By unbrokenreflection

After walking for about half an hour, Kamille, June and Al managed to find a pickup truck to drive the rest of the way in. Things were going fine save for the fever Al was getting in the driver's seat, but they had to came to a stop at the side of the road when June's radio started crackling unclearly again.

"Go again, I repeat, go again," June said into the radio, waiting for the voice to come back, but it was silent. She nodded ahead, saying, "We should keep driving."

In response, Al opened the door and threw up outside, surprising Kamille and June. She sat back in her seat and breathed out heavily, a forced smile on her lips.

"Might not be my blood sugar," she said playfully, though it was clear she was in pain.

"You're burning up," June said, feeling for her temperature.

"No, no, I'm good, it's just a bug," Al retorted.

Kamille leaned between the two front seats and glanced at Al with concern. Before she could say anything, the three of them looked through the front window at the sight of Al's van speeding towards them on the road ahead.

"My van!" Al shouted, before starting up the car.

"What the hell?" June mumbled, before her and Kamille got belted up as Al began to drive.

They sped after whoever had stolen Al's van and Kamille could practically see the smoke coming from Al's ears.

"We don't even know who took it!" June told her, talking over the deafening sound of the engine working overtime.

"It doesn't matter, we're stopping that son of a bitch," Al said furiously.

Kamille swallowed hard as she clutched the door handle tightly. "Al, you need to slow down–"

"We've almost got him," Al cut Kamille off, eyes trained solely on her van ahead.

She kept driving and Kamille was beginning to get car sick, which probably wasn't the best time to admit.

"Al!" June warned, and suddenly, Al swerved the steering wheel to avoid hitting something in the road.

The car spun to the side and skidded across the road before coming to a complete stop. Kamille looked out her window and saw Al's van fading into the distance.

"Al, you are sick," June said, looking to her as she tried to start the car up again. "It could be cholera, dengue fever..." She took the key from Al's fingers before she could put it in the ignition again.

"Are you kidding me?" Al questioned as if June was a mild inconvenience, before attempting to take off her seatbelt.

"...Malaria–"

"I'm getting my van back."

"Screw the van, Al!" June shouted, startling both Al and Kamille. "You need medicine! Antibiotics!"

"I have it," Al snapped. "Cipro, Amoxicillin–"

"Where?"

"Where do you think?" Al breathed out with annoyance. "In the van."

"Fuck," Kamille muttered, looking back, only to see the van was still long gone.

"We need to get it back," Al said calmly.

Kamille would have rather left the van and found another way, not wanting to get into conflict with another person, but since it was their only plan, she knew they had to agree.

"Fine," Kamille spoke up, before getting out the car and opening Al's door. "We'll replace the tyre and you're gonna rest up in the back."

"Kamille–"

"She needs the medicine," Kamille cut off June gently. "We get that, help Al, get her van, find a signal, then find the others. Easy, right?"

"Barely," June mumbled, but got out the car, too. "Let's do it."

After settling Al into the back of the car, June and Kamille got to work in replacing the punctured tyre as quickly as they could. Fortunately, there were no infected around, so they didn't have to worry about any surprise attacks.

Unfortunately, the sound of gunshots made everyone look into the distance with confusion.

"Those are my guns!" Al realised, forcing herself to sit up.

Kamille looked up at June who rounded the car to see Al.

"It's close, you can go on foot," Al said desperately.

"We're almost done here," June said reassuringly, but Al was adamant.

"They could be gone by then," she argued.

"She can't go herself," Kamille said to Al, standing up and seeing her through the window. "And we can't leave you here by yourself."

"Yes, you can," she said with certainty.

"No," June responded sternly.

Al pulled a face, struggling to stay sitting up for long. "Look, I know it hasn't worked out for you when you leave people behind, but you can do this. It's the only way I'm gonna get the meds I need."

June closed her eyes thoughtfully, seeming to have an internal conflict. Kamille cursed inwardly before speaking up.

"I'll go," she said, earning both women's attention. "June, you can stay here with Al and replace the tyre. I'll go."

"No, I got it," June said instantly, already reaching into her bag and pulling out the radio. She handed it to Al, saying, "You take the long range." She looked to Kamille. "If I don't come back, find the person on this radio and get help."

"June, I said I'll go," Kamille said, rounding the car to talk to her properly.

"And I'm telling you I'm going," she said, before grabbing her gun and backpack. "Just meet me when you fix the tyre. I'll radio when I have it."

Kamille breathed out through her nose, unsure why June was taking the risk. But she knew they didn't have time to argue, so she nodded and watched her walk away. Kamille looked back over to Al, who seemed relieved and was now laying back down.

"I better get this tyre replaced," Kamille mumbled to herself before moving to get it done as quickly as she could.

"You see that?" asked June, pointing ahead. "Slow down, Kamille."

Kamille listened to the blonde and slowed down the car when she saw some headlights in the distance, lighting up the road.

"It's Morgan," she realised, a relieved smile forming on her lips when she recognised him standing in front a of a truck.

After June had left to get Al some medicine, Al admitted that there was no medicine after all and she just wanted June to get the van back. Thankfully, June managed to find some medicine in an upturned bus and brought it back as Kamille finally replaced the tyre, but they were both pissed at the journalist for lying to them.

Al eventually revealed that the tapes in the van were all she had left of some people she cared about, hence her desperation to get her van back. Kamille thought it was ironic why, for someone who sought the truth, she kept her own hidden.

Before they were able to go back for the van with some petrol, the radio came to life and Morgan was on the other end, stating his location. After much convincing, Kamille and June got Al to come with them as they went to find Morgan and hopefully the others.

Kamille had been anticipating seeing him, mostly because she wanted to know if everybody else was okay. She tried to convince herself she didn't care about certain people's well-being, but she knew she was lying. Whether or not she hated Alicia, she would never wish for her to be hurt.

Kamille pulled up before Morgan and his new friends, and June was quick to get out and approach him with Al in tow. Kamille followed after them, noticing new faces behind Morgan, but none of the ones she wanted to see.

"My walkie died," June said breathlessly.

"You're here now," Morgan said simply. "That's what matters."

June looked down, chuckling, before asking hopefully, "John? Everyone else?"

Morgan's face fell as he looked between the three of them. "Still looking."

Kamille squeezed her hands together to distract from the worry she felt.

"New people," Al said, nodding behind Morgan. "You know I like new people."

Morgan sighed, turning around. "Yeah, this is Wendell," he pointed to a man in a wheelchair, "Sarah," he motioned to the blonde woman wearing a cap, "and that's Jim." The man raised his beer in greeting.

"Al," Al introduced.

"June," June said with a wave.

Kamille forced a small smile. "Kamille."

After getting acquainted, June insisted on making a call using Morgan's radio, leaving the others to take a moment to have a breather. Morgan had put a signal out for anyone who needed help, so was planning on waiting at this particular mile marker for a few more hours in hopes the others would turn up.

He had somehow found Sarah, Wendell and Jim on his route and they had all found a truck full of boxes of supplies – the one Kamille, June and Al had found a few days before.

Morgan wasn't sure who it belonged to, but he shared that he was finishing the job and leaving them out as he went along. It was nice of him, Kamille thought, that he wanted to help despite the circumstance.

Kamille kept to herself as they waited, drinking from a bottle of water Sarah had given her moments ago. She sat on the hood of their car, trying not to let her worrisome thoughts take over. Alicia and the others weren't her problem anymore, so why was she still fretting?

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Kamille looked up, zoning back into reality when she saw Morgan stood near her, watching her curiously.

"You doing okay?" he asked, leaning on the car beside her.

Kamille nodded, scratching the back of her head. "I guess. I'm just tired."

"You have time to sleep," Morgan tried, but Kamille shook her head.

"No, not tired like that..." She sighed. "I mean, I'm just tired of what's happening. Things went to shit pretty quickly is all."

Morgan hummed in agreement. "You're not wrong there... but we can make things right. The others'll show."

Kamille was doubtful, but said nothing.

"Al said you were gonna come to Alexandria with me," he said, staring at her with a raised brow. "You still comin'?"

Kamille looked to him hopefully. "The offer still there?"

He suppressed a smile. "'Course. I found a ride." He nodded to Wendell, Sarah and Jim who were fooling around by the truck. "You can come with us."

Kamille returned the smile, though it was halfhearted. "I'd like that."

Morgan nodded and got comfortable as he stared ahead. It was quiet between the two as Kamille took another sip of her water. Until:

"I know what happened between you and Alicia."

Kamille groaned inwardly, mumbling to herself with frustration, "Does everyone just talk about it now or...?"

"If you're comin' with me to run away, it won't help."

Kamille tried not to roll her eyes as she answered, "What are you talking about?"

He glanced at her knowingly. "If you're tryin' to ignore it instead of fixin' it, Alexandria won't help."

Kamille pursed her lips and met his gaze. "I'm not running away from anything. I just... I need a fresh start."

Judging from Morgan's expression, Kamille could tell he didn't believe her, but she couldn't be bothered trying to convince him otherwise.

"You don't need to convince me," he said, as if reading her mind. "I just don't want you making the wrong choice."

"Well I'm not," Kamille said, a little defensively.

Morgan offered a smile, standing up straight. "That's good then."

When he walked away, Kamille let out a deep breath and felt her shoulders relaxing. Something about bringing up the green-eyed girl that was haunting her dreams always made her feel tense and she hated it.

Why couldn't people just leave her be?

Later that evening, Kamille joined Al, June and Morgan in driving out to find Quinn, the man who had stolen Al's truck.

June had vouched for him after meeting him when she took back Al's van, and invited him to meet them all at mile marker 27 where they had found Morgan, but after he fell silent on the radio, June insisted they go out and look for him. Only, they weren't finding anything and it was dark out, making it extremely difficult.

Eventually, Sarah radioed them and told them to come back, which was where they were now. An infected man had tried to attack Wendell, but the three of them took him down, only to realise he had a message scrawled on his face with marker.

TAKE WHAT YOU NEED LEAVE WHAT YOU DON'T

It was the most unusual thing Kamille had seen since the world had turned to shit, and she recognised the message from the boxes that had been left around.

"Is that Quinn?" Morgan asked June, who shook her head in response.

"What kind of sicko shitto does that?" Sarah asked casually, nodding to the dead body.

Kamille looked nervously at Morgan and saw that for the first time, he wasn't as confident as he usually was.

"Quinn, are you out there?" June asked into the radio desperately. "I repeat, are you there?"

"Are we just gonna wait here like sitting ducks?" Jim asked impatiently. "We need to leave now."

Sarah shrugged apologetically. "Beer boy's got a point."

June swallowed hard, speaking into her radio again. "Quinn, do you copy?"

Kamille looked her way when she heard snarling come through the speaker, the familiar sound of infected. But that couldn't be right because infected couldn't use radios.

"Quinn?" June tried again, eyebrows knitted together.

"That's Quinn," a woman's voice finally came through, the snarling still in the background. "The genuine article."

"What does that mean? Who is this?" June retorted instantly, saying what everyone was thinking.

"Golly, so many questions," the woman replied. "Here's the answer: I let him become who he's really meant to be."

The snarling sounded through the speaker as Kamille pulled a face of confusion, mirroring everyone else's expressions.

"You hear that?" the woman asked calmly. "He's not weak anymore."

"That voice..." Morgan stepped forward, coming to realisation before grabbing the radio from June. "I know that voice." He clicked the radio, saying, "The road. You were by one of the boxes."

"Is that you, Morgan?"

Kamille widened her eyes with surprise, and June and Morgan began to look around with fear.

"How d'you know my name?" he asked the strange woman.

"I know a lot about you, Morgan."

"Bitch has my van," Al realised suddenly. "She has the tapes."

"You shouldn't be leaving those by the side of the road," the woman continued. "Those boxes. They make people weak. And you're not weak, Morgan. At least you didn't used to be."

"What do you want?" Morgan asked rigidly.

"I want you to stop," the woman answered simply. "If you stop trying to help people, then you'll be strong again. And I won't have to make you that way. Trust me, Morgan. It's better for both of us. I know who you really are. I know what you're really capable of. You didn't say all of it, but you said enough. And I can see it. It's still there."

Kamille looked between everyone and noticed the haunted expression on Morgan's face.

"Am I the only one thinking who the fuck does that lady think she is?" she spoke, noticing nobody else would.

Morgan lowered the radio and cleared his throat. "We should bury this body."

"We should get the hell outta here," Jim commented from behind them.

"Not without my van," Al decided.

"And not without John and the others," June agreed.

Kamille could see the distracted look in Morgan's eyes, so she stepped up and looked to the others.

"We bury the body first and figure out a plan to get both of those things," she said confidently, glancing between June and Al. "Give me a hand?"

They nodded and moved forward to help Kamille. Morgan seemed to zone back into reality and join in, but not before giving Kamille a grateful nod. Kamille merely smiled in return, pitying whatever Morgan was going through. He'd been nothing but nice to her and the least she could do was return the favour.

By the time they had buried the body and devised a plan, the sun had risen and morning had arrived.

After little discussion, the plan was to find the others and eventually stop this woman, wherever the hell she was. Morgan was insistent that they don't let her destroy any more innocent people's lives and Kamille couldn't help but agree with him, inspired by his helpfulness amongst those he hadn't met.

So, they all jumped into the truck and began to drive around, leaving boxes of supplies along the way with their radio channel number on in case anyone needed help.

Kamille found herself sat in the back of the truck with the others, fiddling with her jacket zipper. Since parting with the necklace she got from Alicia, she'd found it difficult to hold onto something in times of distress and she hated that that was the case.

Al was flicking through one of few diaries she'd found in the truck, apparently belonging to the guy who had started this whole supply box thing in the first place. She wanted to meet the guy, so finding him was another thing on the list.

June sat beside her, staring mindlessly at a box, and Morgan was doing the same, radio in hand.

As they were driving along, his radio crackled to life and caught everyone's attention. 

"Whoever left that box, if you're listening... thank you." There was a pause, the woman's voice breaking as she continued, "What you left, it helped more than you will ever know."

Kamille looked between the others, wondering if they were thinking the same thing as her. She recognised that voice.

"Luciana, is that you?" Morgan asked hesitantly.

There was a delay, before her voice came through with surprise. "Morgan?"

After locating Luciana, the group picked her up and were on their way again. Kamille hadn't seen her in weeks and didn't know what to think as she took in her appearance – the Mexican woman looked exhausted, but relieved to see familiar faces. Kamille tried not to let it worry her that the others weren't with her.

She explained how she was with a man called Clayton, the man who owned the truck they were all in. She had tried to help him, but he was dying and all she could do was be there for him in his last moments. He was able to give her his journal, pinpointing locations where he'd hidden supplies, which she gave to Morgan.

"...I think he'll like what you're doing," Luciana finished, referring to them completing what he had started.

Kamille frowned, looking down at her hands. She felt bad, knowing the story behind the boxes. How the man had just wanted to help people who couldn't help themselves. She felt like she maybe should continue it with the others, do what this man couldn't anymore. But at the same time, her brain was telling her she needed to keep going so she could leave eventually, to Alexandria or literally anywhere else. She could only feel comfortable doing that if she knew the others were safe though.

"Kamille..."

Kamille looked up when she realised Luciana was taking a seat beside her, an apologetic expression on her face.

"Hey...," Kamille said awkwardly, not expecting her to say anything.

Luciana swallowed hard. "I owe you an apology."

Kamille felt uncomfortable as she saw the others trying not to listen in, though it was impossible since they were all sat in a small space in the back of the truck.

"In the little time we knew each other, before all of this, you were only ever nice to me and–"

"It doesn't matter," Kamille cut her off, not wanting to hear it. She just didn't care enough anymore.

"It does," Luciana said, frowning a little. "I know what I did, what we all did and... I can't justify it. But I can explain. We were upset. About Madison, about it all."

Kamille flinched at the mention of the woman she missed dearly, before saying, "It doesn't matter, Luciana. Really, just leave it."

Kamille didn't see a point in hearing explanations and apologies – it was too late for any of that; the damage had been done.

Besides, she was going to leave soon anyway. Maintaining relationships didn't matter if she wasn't going to be there.

Luciana sighed quietly, nodding, before moving back to her position beside June. Kamille ignored the eyes staring at her as she fiddled with her jacket zipper again.

"Hello? Is someone there?"

Everyone looked up when Morgan's radio went off, a young girl's voice calling through.

Morgan lifted it and answered, "Hello. We're here."

"Morgan?"

Kamille recognised that voice anywhere and felt her heart rate picking up. She hated that a voice could have such an effect on her, even when she hated the person it belonged to.

"Alicia? Where are you? You alright?" Morgan asked quickly.

"We're by mile marker 84," she answered, a hint of confusion in her voice. "We found this box."

Morgan smiled along with the others. "You did. We're just north of you. We'll come back."

Kamille pursed her lips and closed her eyes momentarily, trying to make her heart listen to her head.

"Is everyone else... are they... is everyone there?"

Kamille opened her eyes and glanced up, noticing Morgan looking her way. The others tried not to, but they made it obvious.

"Most of us," Morgan answered. "June, Al, Luciana and Kamille."

"Good... that's– yeah..."

Kamille swallowed hard, eyes flickering to her shoes.

"I gave you the chance to be strong," the woman's voice from yesterday came through the radio, making everyone look up.

"Who is this?" Alicia asked with confusion.

"Hey, Alicia, I know her," Morgan said, before licking his lips nervously. "Now, I want you to listen to me 'cause you're wrong. What you said about helping people... it doesn't make us weak. It doesn't make them weak. It makes all of us stronger."

He paused, glancing at everyone, before reluctantly continuing.

"I've been where you are. Stuck. You think you're out there on your own. You think what you're doing is the right thing, that it's the only thing. But it's not. So we're gonna keep finding the people we're looking for. It's working already. We're gonna find them, and we're gonna help them. And then... then we're gonna help you."

It went quiet on the woman's end, and Kamille was convinced Morgan's words had made an impact.

"Hey, Al," Sarah's voice came through the radio, surprising everyone, as she was driving the truck. "That van you were talking about. What exactly does it look like?"

Al stood up instantly, grabbing the radio from Morgan. "CAT 2 MRAP. It's a tank. Why?"

"I think we found it," Sarah answered. "It's at our back door. Five 'o clock."

Everyone stood up, standing around Al nervously.

"Hit the gas, that thing's sluggish as hell," Al advised confidently, but Kamille could see her nerves in the way her eyes darted around.

"What do you think we are?!" Sarah exclaimed helplessly, before staying quiet.

Suddenly, the truck's engine got louder as it worked overtime; Sarah was clearly trying to speed up.

"Hey, hey, what're you doin'?" Morgan said into the radio, aiming his comment at the strange woman.

But there was no answer and all they could go off was the sound of another truck approaching theirs.

"I told you," she finally spoke. "I'm making you strong. You lose people, you lose yourself."

Morgan looked around, following the noise around them, before widening his eyes with realisation.

"Get down! Everybody get down!" he shouted, making everyone get to the floor with panic.

Suddenly, the deafening sound of bullets piercing metal sounded around them and Kamille squeezed her eyes shut, using her hands to cover her ears. But the noise was too loud and Kamille's ears were ringing painfully, making her feel dizzy. 

She wasn't sure how long the gunfire went on for, but when her ears adjusted to the silence around her, she felt someone hold her shoulders.

"...mille? Are... okay? Can y... me?"

Kamille accepted the help off the person whose voice wasn't quite clear just yet, and managed to sit up carefully. She blinked away the dust that was settling and realised it was Morgan kneeling beside her. She nodded slowly, and he seemed relieved as he moved to help Al near her.

Trying to dismiss the ringing from her ears, Kamille pushed her hair from her eyes and looked around, seeing the others slowly coming out of it.

The sides of the truck were full of holes, letting light through and making the dust in the air glow. The boxes of supplies were partially destroyed, the contents loose alongside them, and Kamille couldn't understand why somebody would do this.

"Get down," Morgan whisper-shouted suddenly, and Kamille looked his way to see him and June pressing to the floor.

Kamille heard the sound of Al's truck in the distance and realised the strange woman was coming back. She quickly leaned down to the floor, holding her breath with fear.

"Stay down," Morgan repeated, before reluctantly standing up and moving to the side of the truck where the holes were.

"Is everyone okay?" June asked, looking between Kamille, Al and Luciana.

"Been better," Kamille mumbled, before glancing at the others, who groaned in agreement.

"What is she waitin' for?" Morgan asked nobody in particular, looking through the hole in the wall.

"Psycho used up all my ammo," Al got out harshly, beginning to sit up.

"What the hell is she doin'?" June muttered, beginning to sit up, too.

"We can't stay here," Morgan said, moving away from the wall and moving to help Luciana up. "I'm gonna help you, come on."

Kamille stood up with Al as June and Morgan helped Luciana stand up. She was shaken up, but uninjured, which was all anyone could hope for.

"You okay?" Kamille asked Al, joining her side as she was still dizzy.

"Yeah," Al got out with annoyance, but accepted Kamille's help.

"Kamille–"

"I got it," she cut off Morgan, before helping Al to the back of the truck and pulling up the shutter, making everyone flinch at the sudden stream of brightness of daylight.

Kamille helped Al out the truck as June and Morgan helped Luciana out. Suddenly, Al shoved Kamille away and began to run towards her van.

"Al!" June called after her, letting go of Luciana and going after her.

Kamille followed them both, calling out, "Al, stop it!"

"Al, Al, wait!" Morgan shouted.

When Al reached the back of her van, she was about to open the doors, but they were shoved open suddenly, knocking her to the side.

"Al!" Kamille called, moving forward to help her, but she was sprawled on the road, movement slow and eyes scrunched in pain. The door must have hit her hard on the head.

June shouting behind her caught Kamille's attention and she turned around to see an infected man had escaped the back of the van and was laying on June, trying to get to her face.

"June!" Kamille yelled, standing up to help, but a gunshot went off in front of her feet, making her stop where she was.

"Don't move!"

Kamille raised her hands as she looked up, seeing the infected man was being held on a leash, which a strange, grime-covered woman was holding from the back of Al's van. The woman had a gun in her other hand, pointing it at Kamille before pointing it to Morgan.

"Hey, hey, hey, don't do this to them!" he pleaded, holding up his hands and edging forward towards them. Luciana was behind him, still dazed as she sat in the grass.

"I didn't," the woman responded, and her voice was as eerily calm in person as it was over the radio, Kamille thought. "You did."

Kamille glanced over her shoulder, seeing Al still laying on the ground, but she seemed to be zoning back into reality. The Brit wanted to help her and June, but she knew she couldn't move a muscle without this crazy woman making a shot.

"You want me to pay for whatever it is you think I'm doing? Then make me pay," Morgan said confidently.

"You won't end up like them," the woman stated. "You have so much more potential."

Morgan clenched his jaw, nodding knowingly. "You're stuck. I was, too."

The woman smirked. "I know."

Kamille could hear the blood pumping in her ears as she saw the infected man still struggling on top of June. She didn't know if the woman was going to watch June get devoured by the infected man, and thankfully, she didn't have to because a gunshot rang loud and the strange woman fell back into the van after being shot.

"June!" Morgan exclaimed before moving forward as June pushed the infected man off her. Morgan was quick to stab the infected in the head with his stick, silencing his snarling.

Kamille turned around and helped Al stand up, checking her over to make sure she was okay.

"Don't move! Next one'll lay you down!"

Kamille followed the voice and saw Wendell laying beside the truck, his shotgun directed at the woman.

"HUG THE ASPHALT!"

Everyone turned around and saw Sarah and Jim running away from the truck, and that's when Kamille saw the front of the truck had caught fire.

Instantly, everyone moved to ground, covering their heads as the truck exploded. There was a pause, before another explosion went off and Kamille flinched at the sound.

She looked up and saw the truck was practically in pieces, smoke curling up into the air. She couldn't believe they'd almost been caught up in that.

Sarah and Jim ran towards it, looking in the back and catching their breath.

"Damn, my yeast-cake was in there!" Jim complained.

Kamille pushed herself off the ground, as did the others, and prayed to Allah that their luck would change any minute now.

"How many slugs you got?" Sarah asked Wendell, who was still laying on the floor.

Kamille realised his wheelchair had exploded with the rest of the truck.

"Two birds and one deer," he answered regretfully.

"That's not enough," Luciana said, shaking her head.

Kamille followed her gaze and realised the explosion had caught the attention of surrounding infected, groups of them approaching from the trees.

"Fucking hell," Kamille mumbled, eyes widening at the sight.

"Where are the rest of our guns?" Jim asked, seeing them also.

Sarah sighed. "They're with the rest of your yeast-cake, Jimbo."

Kamille felt particularly idiotic as she realised she had no weapons with her, all of them having been in the truck that had just blown. For fuck's sake.

"They'll finish it." Everyone turned to see the strange woman was about to close the doors of Al's van, a smirk on her face. "That's what they do."

"I said don't move!" Wendell yelled, directing his gun her way again, and when he took the shot, the woman had already closed the door.

Kamille clenched her jaw when the van began to move off, driving away.

"Wendell!" Sarah called, running to kneel beside him.

"Make that one bird," Wendell mumbled.

"We gotta move," Morgan said quickly.

Kamille glanced at the oncoming infected once more before sucking up a deep breath.

What the hell were they gonna do?

//

bit longer than usual, and Kamille and Alicia are still yet to meet in person since the storm, but look at all the angst! gotta love some angst 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 497 22
One-Shots of Alycia and her characters. My English can be bad, so please correct my mistakes with respect.
4.6K 201 33
After a long night, and days spent playing Telltale's The Walking Dead...Y/N had finally finished playing the Definitive Edition of the game. Tears w...
336 22 8
"Swear to me. Swear to me right now. That you'll stay alive and come back home." The world has collapsed and in its wake, humanity prevails. Amidst t...
475 39 16
"𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚, 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧" "𝘼𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙥𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝, 𝙬𝙝�...