Kaida Queen Of Ice >

By hcneyed_toasties

๐Š๐š๐ข๐๐š ๐๐ฎ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ˆ๐œ๐ž | ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡: แดกแด€แด›แด‡ส€ โ I only came because I wanted to protect the people of m... More

KAIDA (updated)
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
FINAL CHAPTER
UPDATE!

CHAPTER TEN

13.1K 324 9
By hcneyed_toasties

   It had been a few days since we left Haru and his father along with those people, now we were peacfully flying through the sky just above the clouds that had formed beneath us.
   I was laying on my back with one leg crossed over the other while my fingers brushed against my neck where my necklace used to be. I couldn't believe I actually lost it, I didn't beg the other to go back because we had to keep moving. I kept playing back everything but I just had to assume I lost it when we were fighting the warden on the rig.
Haru told me that he would look for it back in the barn and all the places we went to but I knew it was gone.

   "Those clouds look so soft, don't they?" Katara asked looking down. She was lying on her stomach looking over the edge. "Like you could jump down and land on a big soft cotton-y heap."

"Mmaybe you should give it a try." Sokka said as he carved wood.

"You're hilarious." Katara sarcastically replied.

"I'll try it!" Aang exclaimed and jumped off laughing.
   We all looked over him, watching as he fell disappearing in a cloud and coming back from behind us soaking wet.
   "Turns out, clouds are made of water." He used his air to dry himself.

I was enjoying the view, it was nice seeing land and clouds instead of plain blue waters. Something caught my eye. "Woah." I breathed looking at the dark spot surrounded by green. "What is that?"

"Looks like a scar." Sokka said as we flew towards it. We landed and looked around. "Listen, it's so quiet...there's no life anywhere."

"Well yeah, they have no where to live." I said.

"Aang, are you okay?" Katara asked.

I looked around and the rhino footprints caught my eye, I nudged Sokka. "Fire Nation those evil savages make me sick!" Sokka shouted angrily. "They have no respect for-"

"Shh." Katara said.

"What, I'm not allowed to be angry?" Sokka asked and we looked over at Aang, who fell on his knees with a sigh.

"Why would anyone do this?" He asked. "How could I let this happen?"

"Aang, you didn't let this happen." Katara answered. "It has nothing to do with you."

"Yes it does. It's the Avatar's job to protect nature." Aang replied. "But I don't even know how to do my job."

"That's why we're going to the North Pole, to find you a teacher." Katara told him.

"Yeah a waterbending teacher but there's no one who can teach me to be the Avatar." Aang said. "Monk Gyatso, said that Avatar Roku, would help me."

"The Avatar before you?" Sokka asked. "He died over 100 years ago, how are you supposed to talk to him?"

"I don't know." Aang answered sadly, Momo crawled into his lap.

I felt bad for Aang. "Come on, Katara!" I pulled her to follow me.

"Where are you guys going?!" Sokka asked

"None of your business!" I called back.

   We continued to walk until we made it back to the green area, my eyes were scanning the dirt floors.

"What are we doing here, Kaida?" Katara asked and I looked at the ground, I tossed an acorn at her. "Oh an acorn."

"Yeah!" I nodded and gathered more. "I know it's not much but I hope it will ease him out. I feel bad for him, it's not his fault the Fire Nation turned to the evil side, plus he really is just a kid."

We collected a few more and then walked back to Aang and Sokka.

"Hey Aang." Katara greeted. "Are you ready to be cheered up?"

"No." Aang sighed but Katara threw an acorn at his head. "Ow! Hey, how is that cheering me up?"

Sokka laughed from his spot and said. "It cheered me up." I threw an acorn hitting him. "Ow, yeah... I probably deserved that."

"These acorns are practically everywhere." I said as Katara kneeled in front of Aang.

"That means the forest will grow back, every one of these will be a tall oak tree one day and all birds and animals that lived here will come back." Katara handed him the acorn.

"Thanks Katara." He smiled at her.

It was my idea but I let her have it seeing how happy it made the two and that made me have a happy fuzzy feeling. Gross.
I heard some thing and we all looked up. I got some water out ready to freeze who ever it was.

"Hey!" Sokka said getting up. "Who are you?"

The man was older and he used a cane to get around. "When I saw the flying bison, I thought it was impossibe." The older man walked towards Aang. "But those marking, are you the Avatar, child?" The man asked, Aang nodded with a smile. "My village desperately needs your help!"

*・☪︎·̩͙

We followed the man to his village and by the time we got there the sun was getting ready to set. As we walked down the path we noticed how most of the houses had been destroyed. The man walked us into one of the only buildings still standing and told everyone that Aang was the Avatar.
Aang asked how he could help and a younger man said he wasn't sure if he could but the older one, the man who found us told us about a spirit monster who came at sunset and attacks their village, they called it Hei Bai, A black and white spirit. Sokka asked why it was attacking them but the younger man said he didn't know and that the monster took three of their own and they're fearful because the winter solstice was near.
I asked what would happen then and the older man told us the natural world and spirit would have no borders. Aang asked what he wanted him to do and the old man told him that the Avatar was the bridge to cross both worlds. Katara went to talk to him while Sokka and I followed.

"Aang, you seem a little unsure about this." Katara said.

"Yeah... That might be because I don't know anything at all about the spirit world." He looked at us. "It's not like there's someone to teach me this stuff!" He yelled out.

"We know Aang, calm down." I said and looked at the people who all looked terrified. "Can you help these people?"

"I have to try, don't I?" He asked. "Maybe whatever I have to do will just, come to me." Momo jumped on his shoulder and he smiled up at us.

"I think you can do it, Aang." Katara said and I nodded.

"I think you should at least try." I said.

"Yeaaah, we're all gonna get eaten by a spirit animal." Sokka said and I punched his shoulder.

Aang stepped out and we watched as he called out to the beast as if it would listen to his command. I can't really say anything since it was true, he just came out of an ice berge he doesn't know how to do Avatar things.

"This isn't right, we can't just sit here and coware while, Aang, waits for some monster to show up." Sokka said.

"If anyone can save us. He can." The older man spoke.

"I agree but we shouldn't make him face this alone." I said then looked out the window as the sunset.

Hei bai still didn't come so Aang ordered the spirit to leave the village in peace, when nothing happened he assumed that was settled and headed back towards us. Above him stood the creature and Aang tried speaking to it but it roared or hissed into the sky releasing a blue light and passed him.
The spirit began to destroy more of the village. It seemed to teleport and destroy things with it's voice. Sokka still wanted to help but the older man repeated that he couldn't, that only the Avatar could.
Aang yelled at the spirit and the spirit hit him off the roof where he stood. Sokka finally gave in and went to the door.

"Sokka!" I followed and Katara tried to follow as well but the man stopped her.

"Hei bai! Over here." Sokka shouted and threw his boomerang. It bounced off the creature like nothing.

"Sokka, Kaida go back!" Aang told us.

"We'll fight together, Aang!" Sokka told him and we looked up at the spirit.

"Okay, well how do we defeat something that's already dead?" I asked.

"I don't want to fight him unless I-" before Aang could finish his sentence Hei Bai took Sokka and then me in his other hand.

"Sokka! Are you okay?" I asked and looked over, he was out cold. "Damn it, Sokka." I grumbled trying to pull out of the spirits hand.

I got the water from my water skin and used it to saw at the creatures hand, it squeezed my body making it harder for me to breath. I continued to saw for what felt like forever but the spirit let me go causing me to fall and hit the hard dirt ground.
A groan passed from my lips as the spreading pain, soon my vision blacked out.

*・☪︎·̩͙

   When I woke up again it was morning, I pushed myself up on my good hand and looked around groaning in pain. Most of my body only ached. Get up Kaida, you have to get back to the village. I got up and looked around looking for a path.
I walked out of the trees and found a path, there were animal footprints on the dirt. Some kind of reptile or somthing, I looked to the side when I heard loud footsteps. An annoyed groan passed my lips as the animal stopped in front of me.

"It had to be you." I grumbled, looking up.

————————
Edited; 10/29/20
Re-edited; 7/8/21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 58.3K 49
Ruka (ROO-KAH) is the middle sibling between Sokka and Katara. Unlike her younger sister, she didn't believe the avatar would return and save the wor...
19.9K 678 12
It was one mistake that led (Y/n), a young girl from the Northern water tribe, down a path of twists and turns. After being somewhere she was told no...
251K 7.4K 70
๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐…๐ฎ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž | แด€สŸสŸ ส™แดแดแด‹s โ Fire can be and is destructive but learning doesn't have to be. โž โœŽ ๐€๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐š๐ซ: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐€๐ข๐ซ๐›๐ž๐ง...
89.9K 2.1K 42
(Y/N) lived in the fire nation most of her life, growing up in the palace where she was close friends with Prince Zuko. She enjoyed her time in the p...