His Mistake

By _Tough_Love_

Rosalind Marie Hunter is a 17 year old warrior werewolf of the Moon Lake Pack. The thing is she inst just wer... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Important!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Epilogue
Sequel

Chapter 10

25.6K 615 38
By _Tough_Love_

Rosalind's POV-

Home. My home. That's where I am. I'm in my house. Lucian never brought me last week. I guess Lucian brought me here after going to his house first because I am currently wearing one of his shirts, and he is sleeping on the small couch that's in my room.

I get up from my bed and look around. My room is empty except for the few skateboards, and clothing I left behind. I quickly walk to the door and open it as to not wake Lucian up. Unfortunately, my clumsy self-decided it would be a good time to step on a skateboard lying on the floor and fall on my bum. I tried to hold onto the small drawer next to me but all that did was make the lamp on top of it, which was made of glass, may I add, collapse and shatter on the floor completely waking Lucian up.

"Are you okay there?" He asks with his husky morning voice, which secretly turned me on a bit.

I try to ignore the feeling and just sit there on the floor collecting pieces of the now broken lamp.

"Never better." I reply.

"Don't pick that up you'll get cut."

"As if I hadn't been cut many times before." I mumble.

"I'll pick it up." He says walking my way.

I don't stop picking the pieces up and he knows it won't do him any good to tell me to stop once again because i'll just ignore him, so he just helps me collect all the remaining pieces. Once done, he gets up and throws all the glass in his hands on the small trash can I have in my room and then comes to me and takes mine. Of course, when our hands touched I felt the sparks and so did he and we accidentally made eye contact which made me nervous and my eyes turn pink.

"What does it mean when your eyes turn pink?" He asks standing up and helping me up.

"You don't need to know." I reply.

"Please tell me."

"Why?"

"Cause I'm curious and your Alpha."

" It means I'm nervous. Happy?"

"Very." He replies with a smirk on his face.

"Well I'm going downstairs to see if my mom and dad are awake. You coming?"

"Yeah sure."

"Ok."

I walk out the door and go down the stairs and turn left to the kitchen where I hear voices talking. Those voices belong to my parents.

Once in the kitchen I open the door and everyone goes quiet.

"Mom? Dad?"

They look at me in shock. As if they'd seen a ghost.

"Rose?" Asks my mom.

"Yeah."

She begins to shake as she begins to cry. My dad runs up to her and tries to comfort her but I know it's hard when he's the same way, but because they are mates just being close to each other is enough.

My mom runs up to me followed by my dad and they give me a bone crushing hug.

"Where have you been?!" asks my mother.

"I was in a coma the past year. I woke up recently and had been staying at Lucian's house. I found out that Wyatt was only my smate. I'm still Lucian's ex-mate." Lucian growls and I quickly look at him, my eyes still pink.

"Oh honey, that explains a lot. It's okay."

"Rose, may I have a word with you? In private?" asks Lucian.

"We can talk later." I say brushing him off.

"Rose why are your eyes pink?" asks my dad.

"Why didn't you tell me I had a twin?" I ask.

"What are you talking about Rose? You don't have a twin, you're an only child." Says my dad clearly clueless.

"No dad, I have a twin, a vampire at that. Her name is Scout Storm."

"How did you find out?" asks my mom panicking a little.

"That's not important. What's important is why you didn't tell me." I say.

"Wait, Caroline why didn't you tell me you had twins? I would've been okay with it." Speaks my dad.

"What do you mean you would've been okay with it dad?"

"Honey it's time she finds out." He speaks.

"I guess you're right. Let's go over to the living room and talk this through." She replies.

Before I follow my mom and dad out to the living room I stay to talk with Lucian.

"You shouldn't have brought this up right now." He says.

"I know I shouldn't had but it slipped."

"I know it's hard but trust me it would've been better if today you all were happy and all that good stuff and you talked with them about this tomorrow."

"I know but it's too late now."

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"Would you like me to stay here or go up to your room while you talk with them?"

"Yes please."

"Alright. Now go talk with them short stuff."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Okay...well, I decided to forget all about what happened the other night so... it never happened understood?" I say referring to our argument two nights ago.

"Understood and thank you."

"Yeah well get out of here before I change my mind." I say.

He quickly runs up the stairs and enters my room. I take a deep breath and walk out to the living room where I find my mom and dad sitting side by side. I sit across from them.

"Talk." I command accidentally. Where did that come from?

My mom looks at my dad and he gives her a reassuring smile.

"Honey, Reece here isn't your biological father." She says.

"What?!"

"Before I met your father, when I was 17, I got kidnapped by some vampires. They did terrible things to me. They beat me every day, put wolfsbane into my system, cut me with silver, but the worst thing they ever did to me, the one thing I hate them the most for is when your real father... he... he raped me. They made me stay there all four months and nobody knew where I was. I had twins. But you came out as a werewolf with my genes and the other one, Scout, she turned out to be vampire. I couldn't bring her with me once I managed to get out. Our old Alpha, Lucian's father was sending search groups everywhere for me but they didn't find me until a year later and I already had you girls. I took you. I was going to take Scout too, but your father got in the way of it and he kept her. I never saw her again." She cries out.

"When I met your mother she had you, she told me everything and we raised you together. We didn't want you to know just yet because we were afraid on how you would react."

"Well why didn't you ever send a search troop for Scout."

"Because if we did we would be putting everyone at risk. Because we can't raise a vampire. "

"Well I hope you know I'm part vampire too."

"No you're not."

"You don't know what I am do you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Catch my scent?"

My father sniffs the air and has wide eyes.

"You smell of angel, wolf and a very faint scent of vampire."

"Exactly."

"What are you?!" He asks frightened.

"Figure it out." I snap.

"Reece don't be rude please." Says my mom.

"How can I not be rude with such a creature?!"

"She's our daughter, calm down."

"She's not my daughter she's a freak! She's your daughter and yours only!" He says and stomps out of the room.

All of a sudden I hear a growl come from upstairs.

"Oh no." I say. He better handle himself because I can take care of myself.

'Moon can you call out to Lucian's wolf please and calm him down for me please?'

'Yeah doing it now.'

'Okay thanks.'

"I'm sorry Rose this wasn't supposed to be how it happened."

"It's okay Mom and I'm sorry I brought it up."

"It's okay. You had to know eventually."

"Yeah. Would you like to meet Scout?"

"You've met her?"

"Of course I have."

"Yes call her." She replies with a smile on her face.

"Okay I'll be right back let me get Lucian's phone since I broke mine last night."

"I don't want to know." She says laughing, knowing I must have done something reckless."

"Alright Mom I'll be right back."

I walk out of the living room and go up the stairs to open the door to my room. I open the door and walk in.

"Lucian can I borrow your phone for a minute to call Scout?"

"Yeah sure." He replies and hands me the phone.

"What's the passcode?"

"5257."

"Okay."

I dial Scout's phone number and wait till she answers. Two rings later and she answers.

"Hey Scout."

"Hey Rose."

"Come over to my place, there's someone who wants to meet you. You know where it is right? Not Lucian's place, but where I used to live before I moved remember where I told you?"

"Yeah I'm on my way."

"Okay."

"Okay, bye see you in two seconds. See you."

I hang up and give Lucian back his phone.

"Thanks. You can come downstairs now if you'd like. My mom made breakfast earlier."

"Sure I'll be there in a second." He says.

"Okay." I say and walk out the door. Once in the living room the doorbell rings. I look at my mom and see her shaking hands.

"It's okay mom." I say and walk over to the door. I open the door and see my red-eyed twin, Scout.

"He,y sorry my master held me back for a few seconds."

"It's okay come on in."

Scout walks through the door and sees Mom and Lucian.

"Mom this is Scout, Scout this is our mom, Caroline."

"Hello ma'am."

"Hello Scout."

"Hey Scout."

"What's up Lucian?"

"Not much just hanging around."

"Alright."

"So Mom, let's go to the kitchen I'm starving and I saw you made chocolate chip pancakes!" I say as I grab her and drag her to the kitchen.

"Hold your horses Rose."

"Sorry mom but you know how much I love chocolate chip pancakes and I haven't had any in a year!"

"Alright." She says.

I hear laughing from behind me.

"What?" I ask Lucian.

"You can be childish."

"So? I love chocolate chip pancakes."

"I can see that."

"So Scout do you like chocolate chip pancakes too?" asks my mom.

"Are you kidding me? Those are my favorite, when I'm not having blood of course!" she says.

"Yeah, but don't you agree with me on this... Double Chocolate chip pancakes are even better!"

"OMG! Yes!" she yells.

"Well let's all dig in before they get cold." I say.

I sit next to Scout on the table and Lucian sits in front of me and my mom next to him. We all begin eating. My mom makes small talk with Scout and they seem to get along fine. My mom has been smiling uncontrollably since she arrived. I'm happy that she's happy. Suddenly my mom looks at me and then Lucian.

"So are you guys okay now? Is it official?" she says.

"Mom." I say and glare at her.

"Oh, sorry I shouldn't have asked."

Now there is awkward silence at the table. I look down at the little piece of pancake that's left on my plate. I take a peek at Lucian and see he's looking at me. I get up from the table and grab my plate.

"Scout you want to stay here a bit longer? If not you could come with me for my next shift."

"I'll go with you, your next shift is vampire right?"

"Yeah. I feel it coming and I'll need your help."

"Alright let's go." She replies. We walk over to the kitchen and throw our remains in the trash and I quickly wash the dishes.

"Alright let's go." I say.

We link our arms and walk out the door.

"Have you ever played hug the object?" Scout asks.

"No what's that?"

"Well one of us has to say something like 'hug the wall' or something and then everyone has to hug the wall."

"Sounds fun. We could play it right after I shift."

"Alright."

"Girls wait up!" yells Lucian trying to catch up with us.

"What?"

"Can't I join you for at least one of your shifts?" he asks.

"Whatever. Just don't get in my way." I say tiredly.

"Alright." He quickly agrees.

We walk further into the woods in silence.

"Follow me." Says Scout breaking the silence. "I know where you can shift nearby so the wolves won't smell you."

"Alright. Lead." I reply. We walk a little more and end up in a small cottage hidden in the trees.

"You can shift in here. I built it myself with the help of an elemental a few years ago. It's where I come when I want to be alone." She says.

"Wow it's nice. Thanks."

"No problem, are you ready?"

"Yeah she's here. I can feel her."

"Alright close your eyes, take a deep breath, and don't get mad at me but you need to do this, hold Lucian's hand."

"Why do I need to hold his hand?"

"Because if not you'll go through some real pain. Your angel didn't give you pain but your vampire will. Trust me on this."

"Alright." I say and sigh.

Lucian gets next to me and holds my hand. I feel all the sparks going through my body.

All of a sudden a feel headache coming on and know that she is entering my body. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. My teeth begin to hurt. I feel my fangs coming out and my eyes changing color. I feel thirsty, very thirsty. I crave blood, I want blood, no I NEED blood. The feeling doesn't go away even after my vampire is done becoming part of me.

'Hello I'm Bethany, your vampire.'

'Hello, I'm Rose.'

'I need to drink some blood please. I'm really thirsty.'

'Me too.'

"Scout I need blood now." I say.

"Follow me." She says. "It's time you learn how to 'hunt'."

She runs using her super speed. I let go of Lucian's hand.

"Stay." I command showing him my fangs and red-blood eyes.

I quickly use my newly found super speed and follow Scout. I see her and she's in a small animal farm.

"What is this place?" I ask.

"It's where I sometimes get my food from." She replies and bites into the small fox's neck.

"They all look so yummy. Which one should I drink from?" I ask.

"The foxes are the best. Their blood is delicious." She says. "Take that one over there. Just remember don't drink too much. If not it'll die."

I run after the small fox and once I catch it I insert my fangs into its neck.

Oh my god I swear this blood is delicious! I drink as much as I need to stop the thirst and a little extra just in case. The blood, I really can't describe what it tastes like because it would be pretty weird but yeah it was so good!

"Scout that was delicious" I say as I wipe the little bit of blood from my lips.

"Exactly. Now we should head back to Lucian."

"Alright let's go."

We make our way over to the small little cottage once again to find Lucian sitting on some rock outside the door.

"Your back."

"Yeah." I reply and shift back to human. "That was a such rush." I say with a smile on my face.

"You get used to it after a while." Says Scout.

"You told me you can shift into wolf right?" I ask

"Yeah. But living in a clan, I am rarely able to shift."

"Well how about we all shift into our wolves and go for a little run."

"Let's do it!" She replies.

"You up for it Lucian?"

"Yeah."

"Alright! Let's go shift!"

I look at Scout and see her face scrunch up.

"You okay Scout?"

She points behind me at Lucian. Confused I turn around and am surprised at what I see.

"Lucian what the hell are you doing?" I question.

"Taking my clothes off to shift. What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Lucian don't be stupid. Go behind a tree and shift there. We don't want to see you naked any time soon. Hopefully we never do." I say.

"You know you want to Rose." He says with a smirk.

"Not really. I've seen better. Now leave, and take your shirt with you."

"Sure you have." He says walking away, but not before sending a wink my face. I roll my eyes at him.

"He has such an ego. Anyways, let's go." I tell Scout.

We head off into the woods and go behind a tree. I strip off my clothing and picture myself in my wolf form. Seconds later I am in my full white wolf form. Every time I shift into my wolf I can't help but be proud of how I look. Especially about the grey moon on the side.

I put my clothes in my bag, which the pack puts in every tree due to shifting purposes, grab it, and walk out. I see Lucian in his black wolf and Moon suddenly begins to whine because she wants to get close to his wolf. I quickly block her out and look for Scout.

'Scout? Where are you?'

'I'm right behind you just turn around.'

'Oh ok.'

I turn around and see that Scout really is behind me. I look at her wolf and see that it is a black wolf with a few white raindrops on its side. It's gorgeous.

'Nice wolf.' I tell her.

'Likewise.'

'Thanks.'

I turn around to look at Lucian's wolf form. Scout walks over next to me and looks at him too.

I open a link to all of us.

'You guys ready?' I ask.

'Yeah, how'd you open the mind link to all of us?' Questions Lucian.

'I've always been able to do this haven't you?'

'No. I can't mind link any other wolf outside of the pack. Even if they are related to someone in my pack.'

'Oh.'

'Folks remember me? Remember the run? Well guess what I'm ready to go!' Says Scout.

'Right. Let's go!' I reply.

I began to jog and was quickly followed by the others. I ran back closer to the pack house and then I stopped at the border of the woods.

'Hey why'd you stop?' Asks Lucian.

'No reason. I just felt the need to come here. I feel like there's someone here that I need to see.'

'What? How?' He asks.

'I don't know but I want to check it out. Scout do you want to come in or continue on the run. I will go later for another run.'

'I'll accompany you. I feel like I need to be here too. I felt something drawing me in.'

'Alright. Lucian you coming inside?'

'Yeah, let's all go and shift back.'

We all go behind separate trees and shift. Once I'm fully dressed I get out and start making my way to the pack house. Not a minute later Scout is behind me followed by Lucian.

"It took you guys long enough." I say not bothering to look back.

"Whatever let's just hurry up and go already. I think I know who's here. I just don't want to believe it." Says Scout.

"Who do you think is here Scout?" I question.

"You'll see. Just hurry up now will you?"

"No. Scout tell me who the fuck is here!"

"Rose you'll see just wait!"

"No Scout! Fucking tell me!" I yell and put in a little bit of my anger tone as I like to call it, which makes anyone do what I want them to.

"Rose don't you dare use that on me!"

"How do you know about that?"

"Because I can do it too. Duh!"

"Whatever now tell me, who's here?" I command using all the 'anger' tone I could muster.

It was a minute before she could answer but she couldn't stop herself from doing as I told her.

"It's the clan leaders. Our father and our brother." She replies looking down at the ground.

"The clan leader is our father? I have a brother? What are they even doing here?"

"Yes and I don't know. I'm afraid to find out."

Lucian remained quiet this whole time. Except for now.

"Let go inside. I need to know what a clan leader is doing in my pack territory." He says.

We all hurry and walk to the pack house. There doesn't seem to be any vampire scent so that's weird. Plus, there's no fighting.

"What the hell?" I voice out loud.

I open the door and am pulled inside by some stranger with no scent.

"What the hell?!" I yell out loud.

"Scout where the hell have you been? Why were you with wolves? Scout don't ever do that again! You were gone for two years! Why the hell? You know I would've never told about what you did! You know I wouldn't off! Don't you trust me anymore?"

"What the hell?! Who are you get away from me?" I yell.

"Scout you don't remember me?! I'm your older brother!"

"I'm not Scout! Scout is over there!" I say and point at Scout who had amusement in her eyes.

"What the hell?" He whispers. He has a look of pure confusion on his face. So this is my brother.

"Hello brother. I see you finally managed to find me after these two long years. I say you could've done better. Have you not learned a thing while I was gone? I see you're still as immature as ever." Scout says teasingly.

"Yeah. No doubt that's Scout. But then who the hell are you?"

"I should be asking you that. Who the hell are you?"

"I asked first. You answer me."

"I don't have time for games, especially not with a stranger. Now tell me who the hell you are and I want an answer now." I command.

"No need to be fucking rude. I'm Dylan. Scout's older brother. Now who are you?" He says.

"Names Rosalind. Scout's twin sister." I say and extend my fangs, my eyes turning red.

"How the fuck?" He says clearly confused.

"Dylan stop being such an ass. Anyways, what the hell are you doing here? And where's fath- I mean master Storm. I know he's here. I can feel his presence." She says sounding a bit scared.

"Master Storm is in the Alpha's office. He is waiting for him so they can talk about certain things."

"Why the hell?"

"It's not important. Now where the hell are the damn Alpha and Luna?"

"The Alpha is right there." I say and point towards Lucian. "And there's no Luna." I say and turn back to Dylan.

I feel Lucian's eyes burning holes through my back. It's making me nervous and I don't like that one bit.

"What Lucian?" I ask not wanting to look at him.

"Nothing." He says and walks up the stairs towards his office I assume.

"Asshole." I whisper.

"I heard that!" He yells from the top of the stairs.

"You were fucking meant to you dumbass!" I yell at him.

I hear him chuckle and continue on his merry way.

"So, I see how you and Scout are related. You're both rude ass bitches."

"Asshole." Scout and I say at the same time. We look at each other and begin to laugh.

"Great now I'm stuck with two. Fuck my life."

Scout shows him the bird.

"I have no idea what you are talking about because 1) I'm not going back, 2)Rosalind won't want to join the clan, and 3) I have a better life without you and master and all those people who made me their slaves. You're not forgiven. You beat me once remember?"

"I do and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I know it was the main reason of why you left. You felt like your own brother hated you. And I'm sorry for making you feel that way Scout. I didn't mean it."

"Listen I don't want to hear it. Rose lets go."

So this is the asshole who beat my sister up. I never imagined having a brother. Less that he would beat his own sister. When I and Scout were catching up on our lives last month, she told me that a guy beat her. They were close and it hurt her that she did so and so she ran away. But never would I ever had imagined that it was her own brother.

I know my eyes have turned red because my fangs are out and I want to beat this asshole to a bloody pulp.

"You're the ass who beat my sister?" I yell.

"Yeah." He says and looks down. And that's when all hell broke loose.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 493 12
Past can never be returned neither can future be written. All those sleepless nights of painful rejection will never be forgiven. You'll pay for it...
460K 13.3K 56
Every pack needs its Alpha and Luna to feel complete, but what if one stubborn Alpha decides he doesn't need a Luna? He is determined never to go out...
202K 8.1K 31
❇ Book Two ❇ ♥ The Rejected Mate Series ♥ ◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼◻◼ Skylar Hunter has had a twist...
355K 11.9K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...