Returning to Devildom (Obey M...

By Rosela2020

The girl thought herself as normal as everybody else, only to find herself unraveling secrets that she lost b... More

Dear Reader
PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS OF THE STORY
Chapter 1: Forgotten Memory
Chapter 2: Deanne, Jate, and Amadio
Chapter 3: Help is in the Library
Chapter 4: Treasure in the Attic
Chapter 5: Treasures of the Past Year
Chapter 6: Unboxing Presents
Chapter 7: The Wicked Sorcerer isn't actually Wicked
Chapter 8: Welcome Back to Devildom
Chapter 9: The House of Lamentation
Chapter 10: Night with Nightmares
Chapter 11: Unknown Order
Chapter 12: The Story of the Pacts We've Made
Chapter 13: Hard Times Come By
Chapter 14: Second First Day at RAD and a Broken Spell
Chapter 15: Levi's Detention for the Otaku
Chapter 16: Once Upon a Sweet Dream
Chapter 17: Get a Safe Idea
Chapter 18: Solomon's Solution
Chapter 19: Charmed to Tell the Tale
Chapter 20: Olakishon
Chapter 21: The Fun we had in London
Chapter 22: The Story of a Lower-Level Demon
Chapter 23: His Concerns
Chapter 24: Playlist
Chapter 25: Baby Luci
Chapter 26: First Day on the Job
Chapter 27: Lost Baby
Chapter 28: All I Ever Need in the Planetarium
Chapter 29: RAD is Rad when it is Normal
Chapter 30: Mammon's Furball Fate
Chapter 31: Heart Shot by the Masochist
Chapter 32: Before the Search Began
Chapter 33: Go Out With Me?
Chapter 34: The Nickname and the Fights
Chapter 35: I Need Your Time
Chapter 36: Breather
Chapter 37: Cook-Off
Chapter 38: Doll
Chapter 39: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 41: Asmo's Date
Chapter 42: Alice
Chapter 43: A Brawl in the Basement

Chapter 40: Not a School for Bunnies

109 1 2
By Rosela2020

MERIELLE'S POV

     The next day, I woke up in my room bearing the thoughts of what happened after I slept with Belphie. (Don't get any ideas. We didn't do THAT.)

     Beel came up to the attic who was searching for us when it was time for dinner.

     Beel telling everyone at dinner what he saw.

     Mammon whining why I spent my time idling around instead of helping him with his bunny problem.

     Asmo whining as to why Belphie and I did not invite him over to some cuddling. (He received a glare from Lucifer.)

     All that before Lucifer told everyone to shut up and eat already.

     "Wow. My days here are full of something entirely," I said as I got up and got ready for school.

     An hour later, I opened the door of my room, fully dressed in my uniform and hair all styled and ready, when a white, little bunny greeted me at my door.

     I leaned down to rub the bunny behind its ears and I smiled as I did just that. It seems like the bunny liked it as well, because he is leaning his head more towards my hand that rubs him and he lightly stomps his right, hind paw on the ground. He sniffles his cute nose in the air and his tail wiggles.

     The bunny is wearing a black ribbon around his neck, his paws and ears a shade of light pink, his fur as white as snow and as soft as silk to the touch.

     "You are so cute!" I told the bunny.

     Much to my surprise, the bunny brushed my hand away and glared daggers at me. I raised both of my hands in defeat.

     "What did I do?" I asked innocently.

     The bunny let out angry squeaks.

     I shook my head. "I can't understand bunny language, little one."

     The bunny made a few hops towards a table near my room and pulled out familiar sunglasses. I picked it up and stared at it.

     "These are Mammon's sunglasses," I said in realization and looked badly at the bunny. "You shouldn't have taken this, little bunny. We don't want Mammon getting mad."

     The bunny let out squeaks again and pointed at the sunglasses, then at himself.

     It took me a whole full minute before I realized.

     The bunny IS Mammon.

     "Oh shooting stars," I muttered. "Mammon? Is that you?"

     The bunny nodded.

     I gently picked bunny Mammon in my arms after I placed his sunglasses inside my bag carefully.

     "We'd better show this to everyone," I said. "I wonder how will they react?"

     Bunny Mammon and I reached the dining room for breakfast in less than a minute. Everyone's already there. As they greeted me a good morning, their stares went from me to the bunny in my arms.

     "Ooohhh! What a cute bunny!" Asmo quipped.

     "Looks like Marshmallow," Beel said with a smile.

     "The bunny you and Merielle took care of for lord Diavolo last year?" Belphie asked and Beel nodded. 

     Good thing I already know the story to that. I don't have to ask.

     "I am guessing that is Mammon?" Satan asked as he pulled a chair out for me to sit.

     "Yeah," I said as I placed Mammon beside me, on my right side. Satan on my left.

     "Guess Devildom will be quiet today," Levi joked.

     Lucifer shook his head. "I highly doubt that. A little quieter, maybe."

     "Should Mammon still go to school?" I asked.

     "Mammon doesn't want his school work packed, doesn't he?" Lucifer said, staring at his bunny brother.

     Mammon let out a squeak.

     "I will take that as a no," Lucifer said. "Therefor, he will go to school today, accompanied by you, Merielle. I entrust Mammon in your hands."

     "I have no problems with that," I said with a smile as I rubbed bunny Mammon's head again. He seem to be equally happy at that.

     "A bunny can't very well protect Merielle, Lucifer," Levi reminded.

     "Which is why I will send a message to Diavolo right now to ask for permission to rearrange all of our schedules until Mammon gets back to his normal self," Lucifer said as he took out his D.D.D.

     Everything went smoothly after that.

     Lucifer got permission from Diavolo for the rearrangement of their schedules. Mammon will be with me always until he gets back to his normal self. Everything is alright with classes, too. I constantly glance at Mammon who is beside me every now and then during classes. He is as quiet as a contented bunny which is good, but very surprising.

     "Ready for lunch, Merielle?" Levi asked as he walked over to me and bunny Mammon.

     "Yeah," I said as I put on my backpack and gently picked up Mammon to my arms. "Let's go. I am famished."

     Levi and I walked towards the RAD cafeteria, Mammon secured in my arms. I started noticing that the other students are looking at me and the bunny in my arms suspiciously. I pulled Mammon more securely into my arms, an attempt to protect him somehow.

     "Hey," a demon said, blocking the path. He's got flame-red hair, blue eyes, a square-tight jaw, and a hulking frame. He is about the same height as Belphie, but me being a size of a gnome (not literally), I looked up at him as if he is a scary giant.

     "Hello," I said politely and attempted to slip out of the way.

     Another demon blocked my path.

     This one's got black hair with a red streak, he's got yellow eyes and a well-built body. He is in the same height as the first demon who blocked my path.

     I scanned the place and saw that more students are closing in on me.

     "Excuse me. I really need to go to the cafeteria," I said nervously.

     "But we wanted to play," the first demon said in a creepy way.

     I huddled bunny Mammon closer. "I am sorry. Leviathan is waiting for me," I reasoned, hoping that mentioning the name of a RAD Student Council member would help somehow. Speaking of which, where is Levi?!

     The demon looked around. "I don't see him anywhere. Don't you?" he asked the crowd who all had the same answers: no.

     The demon clapped his hands. "Well then, why don't we play a game?"

     "Wh-what kind of game?" I stuttered.

     In a swift action, the demon forcefully snatched Mammon from my arms.

     The demon gave off a smirk. "Catch the Bunny."

     The bunny gave me a scared look.

     Screw this!

     "Catch!" the demon said as he threw Mammon into the air and another demon behind me caught him.

     "Give him back!" I screamed as I tried to take Mammon away from him.

     It went on for a whole five minutes, Mammon letting out angry squeaks while I continuously tried to catch him in mid-air or swipe him away from the demons who catches him, only to throw him again and the cycle continues. Another male demon caught Mammon. I looked at him angrily, my breathing growing heavy as I ran to try to take Mammon away from him, but he is stronger and faster than me and he tossed Mammon again, this time, a female demon caught him. She looked at me menacingly.

     "Lookie here! The stuck-up human who keeps on sticking like a wart to the RAD student council members have cute pet! I wonder what will happen when I tear this bunny apart and eat him?" she mocked.     

     I gave her a dirty look straight to his gray eyes. She is holding Mammon in his neck and he let out frantic squeaks. I need to think. Trying to catch him in mid-air or swipe him away from the other demons surely won't work.

     My eyes landed on the girl's bag strap.

     She's got a pin in it.

     A pin with Lucifer's face on it.

     Bingo.

     "Oh yeah, I am close to the RAD Student Council members," I said with a smile. "Especially Lucifer."

      The female demon huffed. "Lucifer is a very busy demon and he doesn't have time for anyone!"

     I pouted, "How would you know that?"

     The female demon smirked. "I know because I study him from afar, of course."

     "And I live with him under one roof," I fought back. "We cross the same halls. We dine at the same table. Lucifer calls me to his room when he needs me for something. Lucifer comes to my room every night to check up on me. He texts me. He calls me. He talks to me. And most of all..." I gave off a proud smirk as I crossed my arms. "Lucifer knows that I exist."

     I noticed that every sentence I let out, the girl's face turns a dangerous shade of red, indicating that she is getting angrier.

     "Don't be so cocky, human," the female demon snarled.

     Her focus is now on me and he dropped Mammon. Bunny Mammon let out loud squeaks of pain as he rolled on the stone-cold floor.

     Good. At least Mammon is safe now.

     But alas, I am not.

     My plan was to distract the girl and everyone else from the bunny. I need them to focus on to me. Thankfully, that succeeded. But a way to get them distracted from me? I haven't thought about that.

     Fear crawled back to me. I have to think of a way to get out of this mess. Fast! Or else I am lunch!

     "You are only a mere human!" the female demon shouted, her voice echoed across halls. "There is one of you, and thousands of us! You don't belong in the Devildom! Go back the Human World where you belong! You don't deserve to be here, and most of all... YOU DON'T DESERVE THE ATTENTION THAT YOU ARE GETTING FROM THE RAD STUDENT COUNCIL MEMBERS! LET ALONE LUCIFER!"

     "Is that so?"

     Continous gasps from demons around me came as we heard the question from a cold voice we all know.

     Lucifer.

     The female demon shivered as she turned around nervously. She let out a scream and fell to the floor as he met the cold glare of Lucifer... and the rest of his brothers.

     I looked at Lucifer and his brothers, each of them giving all of the demons around us dirty looks, especially the girl on the floor and the two male demons who blocked my path earlier. As I looked at each of the demon brothers, I looked for the bunny nervously. Beel saw me and lifted bunny Mammon, safe in his big palms, up to my eyesight. I let out a sigh of relief. He is safe.

     Two hours later, Lucifer and five of his brothers went out of the RAD Student Council Room, the demons who toyed with me and Mammon in tow. Mammon and I were inside thirty minutes ago and I explained everything that happened. Diavolo believed me, of course. He can define truth from lies. As of Mammon, he is still a bunny, curled up in a ball in my arms. I keep stroking his soft fur until he fell asleep. Poor Mammon. Knowing him, he must have been scared when those demons kept throwing him in the air like a ball.

     While the other demons scurried away, Mammon's brothers went over to me.

     "Are you okay, Merielle?" Lucifer asked.

     "Yes, I am," I answered with a nod.

     "How's Mammon?" Beel asked.

     I looked at the furball in my arms. "Asleep."

     Lucifer sighed. "I saw him running in a hurry at the cafeteria. I knew it was Mammon because of the black ribbon around his neck and that he is the only bunny I know here at RAD. His fur was all in shrivel and he seems to be in a panic. When I remembered that he should have been with you, I called him. He hopped fast towards me and when he was in front of me, he was squeaking in a panic and was pointing at the doors. I was with the others and we followed Mammon. That's where I saw you fighting that female demon."

     I nodded. "What's going to happen to them?" I asked as I looked at the group of bodies of demons, walking in a huddle and soft murmurs.

     "Diavolo gave them a proper punishment," Lucifer said.

     "What punishment?" I asked.

     "It is better if you wouldn't know," Lucifer said with a reassuring smile.

     Ugh! Curiosity kills! I want to know what it is, but I don't think Lucifer will really give off anything.

     The doors from the RAD Student Council Room opened once more and out walked Diavolo and his butler, Barbatos.

     "Ah, Merielle! How are you? I sure hope you are alright," Diavolo said with a worried frown.

     I mustered out a smile. "I assure you, I am alright. But..."

     "But?" Barbatos asked.

     "I am worried for Mammon," I said as I looked at Mammon. He must have heard we are talking and he woke up and looked around.

     "How selfless!" Diavolo commented. "You were almost killed out there earlier and you are still worried about Mammon!"

     "Well, Mammon was in a weaker state that I am," I said. "Humans still have more strength than a bunny's."

     "Diavolo, could you help us out?" Lucifer asked. Mammon squeaked.

     Diavolo smiled. "Why, yes! Of course. I know just the spell."

     Wind swirled around us and it picked bunny Mammon up. He swirled around and around mid-air and with a blast of light and a poof, Mammon in his demon form floated slowly back down.

     As soon as his feet touched the ground, he stretched his arms up and growled.

     "OH YEAH! The Great Mammon is back!" He said cheerfully. "Time to beat up those demons who made me a ball earlier, yeah?"

     "Mammon," Lucifer said in a stern voice.

     "Y-yeah?" Mammon asked in a sudden nervous tone.

     "Did you have anything to say to Diavolo?" Lucifer asked, his glaring eyes fixed on Mammon.

     Pfft. He sounds like parents reminding their children to say 'Thank You' up in the Human World. He probably might.

     Uhm... is he?

     "Ah... th-thanks... uh... lord Diavolo," Mammon stuttered.

     Diavolo gave out a laugh, "No problem. Whenever you need my help, just come to me. I would be happy to lend a hand."

     Asmodeus shrugged. "Mammon do have one unsolvable problem."

     I tilted my head. "And what is that, Asmo?" I asked.

    Everyone hung out on the answer, clearly thinking of their own "Mammon's-Unsolvable-Problem."

     "His debt," Asmo said with a last shrug.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 6.9K 49
Hana wakes up in a realm not meant for Humans. She has been selected as an exchange student to the Devildom where for the next year she will find her...
283K 11.1K 64
You are an exchange student to the world of devildom where you meet 7 demon brothers and so many others. The second eldest became your guardian durin...
462 51 28
"Memories are something important in humans's live. It's a thing we can use to remember all things happen in the past. Both good and bad. Yet, humans...
3.2K 190 29
Isabel has been living a double life, unknown to her. Suddenly taken from her bed in the middle of the night by a strange witch woman, she beings her...