โŒ“ ๐•ค๐•๐•š๐•ž๐•–๐••๐•–๐•ž๐•š๐•’ โŒ“ แต—แต—โฑแต...

By -astaethiccc-

| ๐‚๐‘๐Ž๐’๐’๐Ž๐•๐„๐‘ | โŽฏ๐‘๐ˆ๐Œ๐”๐‘๐” can't remember anything. ๐‡๐Ž๐๐๐ˆ๐„, his summoner, j... More

๐’๐‹๐ˆ๐Œ๐„๐ƒ๐„๐Œ๐ˆ๐€
I. Ma'am...
II. Learning
III. Start Line
IV. Warm Welcome
V. Scepticism
โŽฏโŽฏ GONE (1)
VII. Train Hard
VIII. Be Careful

VI. Explanation

1.5K 66 76
By -astaethiccc-

08.12.20
10:05 am

hihi!!! so like,, this chapter kinda has filler at the start old me decided to put, so if you don't want to read that, read until 'once they stepped out of the restaurant' and go to the timeskip after it says 'damn, that's tough'.
other than that, i would like to say how i had to bend some of the canon lore a bit to make this understandable. alright! enjoy haha

- troosh

HONNIE SCOOPED A SPOONFUL OF MAC-AND-CHEESE INTO HIS MOUTH, SAVORING THE TASTE. On the other side of the table, Rimuru quietly chewed on his asiago bagel with chive and onion cream cheese spread.

Swallowing the pasta, Honnie pointed his spoon at Rimuru. "You gonna talk about the attack you did at the school?" he paused, moving the spoon in circles. "At least, more in depth than before."

Rimuru opened his mouth in realization and nodded. "Ah, yes, of course. The truth is, Great Sage was amazing. It was a bit overkill, in my opinion, but it helped me to understand the lengths it is able to go."

"Woah, really?"

Rimuru nodded once more. "Yeah. While it looked simple, the actions 'I' did were incredibly complicated. It's hard to keep the black flames manipulated around the sword, and it also requires manipulation to keep the flame on my clones."

A waiter that looked like an overgrown ant came by with a check. She set it down on the table with a nod, her antenna slightly bobbing with her head movement.

"Thank you," Rimuru said absentmindedly as he took the check in his hand and returned his focus to Honnie. "Great Sage was multitasking multiple different actions at the same time, many of which would normally be impossible."

"That sounds amazing... I can't believe Great Sage did that...!" Honnie whisper-yelled.

The slime agreed happily and signed the check. "Oh! That reminds me. I have something to tell you at home."

"With Oliver?"

"Yup...!" A chuckle escaped from his lips as he slowly rose from his seat, preparing to leave.

Honnie didn't forget to take the large chocolate chip cookie that they ordered for Oliver. As they walked out, Rimuru thanked the waiter that helped serve them.

Once they stepped out of the restaurant, Honnie stopped in his tracks and let out a sigh.

"What's the matter?" asked Rimuru, looking back to the boy.

"We don't have a car to get home..."

"Then... walk?" Rimuru told him a bit confused. "Besides, I don't think it's that much of a journey to your house."

Honnie groaned in protest. "I don't wanna walk~!" he muttered childishly.

Rimuru thought for a moment. "Why not make this into a training experience? Just summon a creature that could take you home."

"Rimuru, Quirks aren't allowed to be used in public unless you want to be fined..."

"Ah-" the slime said with a bit of embarrassment. "My bad, I forgot," his eyes seemingly studied the ground when it suddenly turned to Honnie, a mischievous glint sparkling within them. "But no one can fine you if no one can detect you!"

| 🕒 |

"RIMURU, THIS NOT WHAT I MEAAAANT. PUT ME DOWNNN!!"

"What?? You said you didn't want to walk?"

"FUUUUUU- I HAVE MOTION SICKNESS YOU KNOW!"

Rimuru looked down and saw Honnie looking sicker. He frowned and flew down to the ground.

'Oops...' the slime thought. He set Honnie on the pavement. "Well, you're in luck because we're at home."

Honnie held his head. "I'm... I'm... gonna be sick..." he ran to the door, pounding it while holding his mouth.

'Wow! He really looked green for a second!' he thought, whistling. Honnie was let in and Rimuru followed.

Flopping on the couch, Honnie turned his head to his brother and held out his shaky hand with the cookie. "Have a... cookie... Oli..." he winced, covering his mouth again. "And get me some water. Please."

Oliver's eyes widened. "Oh. Thanks for the cookie!" he thanked as he took the treat. "I'll be right back, bro," The man walked in Rimuru's direction and tilted his head. "Motion sickness?"

"Motion sickness," Rimuru said with a small nod.

"Damn, that's tough."

| 🕒 |

"Now, what was it you wanted to share, Rimuru?" Honnie asked the transformed slime sitting on the coffee table across from him.

Rimuru nodded energetically and created a slime hand. He waved it around a little above his head. "So there's one thing I would like to explain. It's essentially the source of my power, so listen well."

"Oh, you mean the thing that starts with magic-something? I've always wondered what it meant in your stats..." Oliver quickly stated.

"Yes..." there was a brief silence. "Wait-" He turned his slime body to face Oliver, two circles wide in surprise in place of his eyes. "E-Eh???"

Honnie giggled at Rimuru's reaction and nudged his brother. "Stupid, you didn't explain your Quirk yet. They're clueless."

"Oh!" Oliver chuckled a bit and rubbed the back of his head. "My bad. So, uh, my Quirk is basically called... Seeing Eye. Sounds pretty cool, but can't really do much with it other than see someone's stats and source of power," he explained. Oliver tapped his chin as he thought. "I mean, I could give advice..." his gaze went back to Rimuru. "Yeah, I dunno. I suck at explaining things."

"In other words, Seeing Eye, the name of his quirk, let's Oli know basically everything about a person- er, also thing's, power. He can give good advice to a person for improvement if he chooses and can use his power against an enemy if he's paired with someone. It's also the reason why his eyes tuned blue when he met you... I think?" Honnie summarized with a huff. "You'd be an awesome sidekick bro~" he grinned with a slight head tilt, and Oliver snorted loudly in response.

"I see, I see..." Rimuru nodded in understanding. "Would you still like me to explain?"

"Sure, bud," Oliver replied.

Oliver leaned back on the couch, letting himself sink in the comfortable material. He munched on the cookie that was given to him just a few minutes before, but still kept an ear open for Rimuru's explanation. Honnie swung his legs back an forth - like a child - still completely oblivious to whatever the 'magic-something' Oliver mentioned.

'It sounds cool,' was the only thing that popped in Honnie's mind.

"The name of the source of my magical power is magicules. I'm surprised because this world allowed me to use my magicules, so I assumed at the start that humans could most likely use it. To my surprise, almost no one can."

Oliver and Honnie 'ahh-ed' and 'ohh-ed' at that explanation.

"Magicules are a type of energy that is the building block of all magical and demonic life - in my world, at least. Monsters usually evolve with names or through time where the limit to their magicules will increase," Rimuru continued confidently. "When naming, I am pretty sure it depends on the namer for how big the jump will be."

"Can the same thing happen to humans when naming happens in your world?" Honnie inquired. "... Are there even humans in your world?"

Rimuru smiled patiently. "Yes, Honnie, there are humans. And to be quite honest with you, I'm not sure. Judging by how majority of the time higher statuses of humans do not name lower ranks, I can't tell whether or not they evolve like monsters do. After all, weak people naming weak people will only result in more weak people."

"That makes sense... Okay, continue."

"Anyways, humans in my world usually posses little to none amounts of magicules. It's very rare to even see an human with it..."

"Really?" Honnie said.

"Oh...! Speaking of humans having magicules, reminds me. This is a secret, alright?" Both boys nodded as Rimuru leaned in closer. "I found out... that All Might and a classmate of mine can actually use their magicules!"

Oliver furrowed his eyebrows. "Huh?! How???"

"I... I do not know at the moment. I'm planning on questioning them in private when I have the chance."

"Could they use it well?" Honnie asked a question again.

The slime turned his body away in a slight embarassment, remembering the exact moment when Midoriya threw the ball and injured his finger badly. "Uh... um..." sweat comedically dripped down the side of his body as he let out incoherent sounds. "How do I put this in a polite way?"

Oliver chuckled heartily at Rimuru's embarrassment. "Just say no."

"Yeah, no, they didn't," Rimuru suddenly jumped back into his previous position. "In any case...! Don't spread it around. Everyone in this world is unaware of magicules, I believe. And, I don't think All Might would appreciate that being gossiped about."

"Oki doki loki, buddy," Oliver said with his mouth full, giving a thumbs up. Honnie quickly did the same after him.

OOOOOOOO

"We're training today?" Midoriya asked All Might -who was in his 'skeleton' form - as they walked.

All Might gave a small smile. "Yes, my boy. Watching you keep hurting yourself gave me the brightest idea to try to give you advice as I study how you use your Quirk."

"I see..." Midoriya looked up from the ground. "Where will I be training, then? Since it's a city, there's not exactly many areas that aren't already densely populated. It would be hard to find somewhere that's quiet and lonely for us."

"Are you aware of the small forest in the city?"

"There's a forest?"

"Indeed. Masutafu is much bigger than you think, Young Midoriya," he replied, rounding a corner.

And there it was: a forest, like All Might said.

Rows and rows of fresh, green trees greeted them. The air almost felt lighter, a good change in scenery to Midoriya compared to the bustling city-life he was used to. All Might already walked ahead, leaving the boy behind.

"Oh-!" Midoriya let out in realization. He jogged along the patches of grass to catch up with his idol.

Midoriya could practically feel life flowing throughout each and every tree he touched to brush them away from his face. Because of that, he did his best not to break their branches.

It would literally upset him if he did hurt the tree.

Midoriya carefully brushed aside the last few branches that blocked his vision as he saw All Might stop in a clearing.

All Might deeply breathed in the air. "Here we are. Your training area for the day."

"It's so relaxing here," Midoriya commented.

"Right? It's such a shame that people don't visit this place more often."

"Really? I think it adds to the ethereal beauty of the nature."

All Might only shrugged and turned around to face him. "Well, we should start now. Do you remember how you described to me the first time you used One for All?"

"Yes!"

OOOOOOOO

"Oh... Crap! Honnie," Oliver groaned angrily when he spun around to his brother. "I forgot to buy the groceries!" he scrunched his face and laid his head on his hand, which he propped on his knee.

Honnie snapped his head towards him. "Oliverrrr!! Jesus Christ, what the heck."

"I know, I know, that was stupid of me," he sighed and stood up from the couch. "I'll... go get it now."

Honnie looked to the side and clicked his tongue. "Might as well go too. Rimuru, are you going to come?"

Rimuru nodded and hopped off the coffee table. Once he hit the ground, his body instantaneously turned into its human form and he speed walked to his friends who were already halfway out the door.

'The streets are less crowded compared to the morning when I woke up to go to school,' Rimuru thought, thankful he could walk easier.

Rimuru casually lagged behind Honnie and Oliver who were having their own conversation. He hummed to himself with a content smile, watching the other pedestrians walk the streets to continue on with their own day.

Occasionally the slime would spot children playing together with cards or action figures they got at their local merchandise store for the top heroes.

'Sure is peaceful. I wonder how it feels to live a life here that seems totally normal and uneventful...' he sighed.

For some odd reason, the slime felt pain in his head. It was a shock since Great Sage already told him he was not able to feel pain.

He instinctively shut his eyes tightly and held his head.

.
.
.
.

'The feeling of a sharp pain clouds my senses. I'm... visibly taller than what I am used to. I choke back a scream but my body collapses to the ground, my knees hitting the concrete first. I'm clutching my abdomen.

Why is this happening? What am I feeling?

My body writhes from the pain. I automatically clench my teeth.

Oh... I get it now.

All my breaths are shaky. My body temperature keeps going up and down. I want it to stop, but it's out of my control.

A distant voice yells. I hear Great Sage mix with the voices.

This is my death...'

.
.
.
.

Rimuru gasped and opened his eyes. He was on the ground. Honnie and Oliver were crouching near him, staring with worried eyes.

"You're alright!" Honnie exclaimed, relieved.

"What happened...?" Rimuru rasped.

"You fell on the ground while walking to the grocery store with us," Oliver explained. "Are you okay?"

Rimuru looked at the ground. He felt out of it. "Yeah... I don't feel pain..."

'Great Sage, was that a memory? But... It didn't feel like me now...'

Much to his disappointment, Great Sage never answered him.

| 🕒 |

The grocery store Oliver and Honnie were shopping in surprisingly offered a bench to whoever needed it. Rimuru gratefully slumped down on the wooden seat. He thought for a long time on what he... 'remembered' but it only made his head hurt more.

He didn't understand why he had that memory when his life was being a slime, but he wanted to know. From the feeling of the stab wound to the other panicked male voice that he heard-he yearned to understand all of it.

Rimuru's mood quickly turned sour when he kept drawing blanks. It felt as if static on a tv was looped inside his head. The mechanical whir of the frozen food isle next to him did not aid in the slightest.

Attempting to get his mind off of it, he looked outside. Thankfully, a window was positioned conveniently next to the bench so he got a good view of the outside.

From all the things that could be outside of the window, Rimuru least expected a forest. The trees seemed healthy, fortunately. He leaned back on the bench, watching a random bird flutter away from within the grouped trees.

"What the..." he said under his breath after seeing a head of a similar color to the trees enter the forest. 'Midoriya?'

Rimuru slowly rose from the seat and started walking to the exit of the grocery store to investigate his classmate.

Honnie was picking up snacks when he saw Rimuru walk out. He did a double take before running after him.

"Rimuru...!"

He caught up with the slime who was standing right at the entrance of the forest. He turned his head to look at whatever caught Rimuru's attention.

"I was right. It's Midoriya... and oddly enough, All Might too."

"That's All Might?" Honnie exclaimed quietly in shock, discreetly pointing his finger to the skeleton-like man who was with Midoriya. "How the...?!?!"

"Great Sage analyzed and assessed him. The information matched up with the information I have on All Might, so naturally, I can assume it is him," he paused and chuckled. "AAAlso the fact that Great Sage said so."

"He looks malnourished. I can't believe its him."

"His aura is significantly less in this form, but it also proves my theory that its something he powers up," Rimuru explained softly. "What's confusing me now is why Midoriya does not have another form when he does the same. A question for another day I guess," he shrugged.

"Do... Do you want to go talk to them?"

Midoriya helplessly powered his quirk on and off, causing his magicules to spike and power down to the average amount of magicules a human has.

He did it several times, which gave him fatigue.

"Yes, I actually do," the slime said, frowning, and began walking to them. 'All Might should be teaching him better than that... I'm disappointed. The first thing he should have told him is let the magicules flow through every part of his body and not expand on just one part.'

"A-Ah! Hold up! I'm coming," Honnie said after him.

All Might, who noticed them first, spewed some blood from his mouth and widened his eyes. Honnie and Rimuru's face almost contorted into disgust, but they both pushed back the feeling and kept their neutral expression. Midoriya then noticed them and, in his shock, moved his arms all around to cover different parts of his face.

"T-T-Tempest!! What are you doing here?!" the boy composed himself a little. "I-I mean, why'd you decide to come here on this lovely day?"

Rimuru hummed. "Well, I came to talk to you, of course. You both are wasting your potential," he scolded, straightforward and completely to the point.

"What...?" Midoriya asked.

"Now you," he raised his head to All Might. "You are teaching your student badly. He can learn so much and deserves better than that."

Honnie patted Rimuru's back. "Hey, hey that's mean."

All Might sighed. Rimuru was right, but he was still a little angry at that accusation. "What makes you eligible to critique my ways of teaching?"

"Well, for one, I already know how Midoriya and you... well, All Might-" Rimuru gestured to him in his skinny form behind Midoriya. "-have similar powers. And I can tell you how to improve it."

This shocked the two of them. All Might was already weary of Rimuru, but this just made the feeling double, dare he say triple, the amount of weariness. They opened their mouths to say something, but Rimuru cut them off.

"NOW, before you freak out, it's probably not what you think. I can assume you both have the same Quirk, but I am not entirely sure," he looked at them seriously. "What I do, however, is that you have the ability to use 'Magicules'. I'm going to help you both train to use your Magicules better."

"Magicules?" Midoriya and All Might repeated, confused.

Rimuru grinned. "Okay, the two of us are going to trust you with our secret."

"Make that the three of us," a voice said behind a tree. A man stepped out, revealing themself to be Oliver.

Honnie looked behind him. "Oh, Oliver! You finished shopping."

"Yeah, well you did leave me there and I figured I can just meet up where you are after I'm done."

"... Sorry," Rimuru and Honnie apologized.

"I was for real getting angry for that, but it's aight now," he raised the grocery bags with a smile. "I got the last ice-cream tub! Hell yeah!" he did a mini victory dance and plopped on the ground. "Anyways, continue with whatever you're doing."

Rimuru cleared his throat. "I suppose the three of us are going to trust you with our secret."

"And why did you choose us?" Midoriya asked.

"Because I can no longer sit idly as I watch you both injure yourselves. By using your Magicules, or whatever you call your 'Quirk', it hurts me to see how you're wasting your potential. I want to help you."

"There are also a couple of questions Rimuru wants you to answer. If you could help him understand your situation better, we would be glad," Honnie added.

Rimuru nodded at what Honnie said.

"So what are... Magicules?" Midoriya asked as he kept glancing between Rimuru and All Might.

"It's basically the whole reason why Rimuru's so strong," Oliver spoke up. "They're kinda made up of it."

Midoriya and All Might nodded in understanding.

"Magicules are a type of energy. Think of it as a type of building block to..." Rimuru had slight trouble to find a word to replace 'magical or demon'. "... certain life," he explained once again. "Now, if you don't mind, could you tell me the name and possibly the history behind your Quirk?"

It felt a bit weird to let practically a stranger help them, but they didn't seem hostile and they sort of knew All Might's secret, so they didn't feel like it was any harm to allow them to. But even so, Midoriya had to make sure.

Midoriya turned to All Might. "Will you tell them about it?"

All Might scratched his head and thought. "I... I think I will. They are already being nice to us by telling us about this..." he trailed off. He knew it was very dangerous to reveal One for All to people-kids, at that-but he felt as if Rimuru held a large amount of wisdom despite them getting off on the wrong foot. All Might was certain that Rimuru could teach much better than he could, so having him teach Midoriya to control OFA was probably the best choice he could make at the moment... Right?

"I promise, I will not allow any of this to slip from my mouth. This whole meeting is confidential," Rimuru motioned a cross over his heart in sincerity. "Plus, if you tell me about your powers, I could give advice on how to control it better. Midoriya, you would get injured less," Rimuru reassured them both.

All Might sighed and saw the hopeful expression on Midoriya's face. He knew his pupil was eager to learn and grow powerful. Sparing a secret for the success of Midoriya seemed like a great option.

"Well, your assumption on Young Midoriya and I having the same Quirk was spot on. It's name is One For All and it has been passed down from generation to generation where it currently resides within Young Midoriya," he laughed sadly. "An extremely bad fight scarred me, making me weaker. On top of that, passing on the Quirk is slowly making me lose the power."

"I see..." Rimuru muttered. "And do you know who the first inheritor of One For All was?"

All Might thought for a moment. "I believe it was the younger brother of the one who gave me my scar. He originally had no other Quirk than passing something on by changing one's DNA, but a Quirk he received from his older brother merged with his, thus creating One For All."

Rimuru was slowly getting more insight into this strange situation. A small smile graced his features at this. "Finally, what exactly does One For All do?"

"It stockpiles energy or power through every generation of users."

'Bingo,' Rimuru thought, snapping his fingers. 'I think I got it.'

Rimuru was about to spin to Honnie and Oliver when All Might stopped him.

"I know you had absolutely no idea about One For All before this, but while you were at the field earlier today and after I had my..." he tried to choose his words carefully. "run in with you, what we're you referring you when you said I would lose 'it'?"

"I was referring to your energy and life, most likely. I was not sure how it worked, but I can say for sure that you could lose your Quirk and still keep your life but not the stockpile of magicules."

"Ah..." All Might said. He wasn't quite sure what Rimuru said, but he just accepted it.

"Anything else I need to know?"

"The only thing I really left out is how it's transferred..." Rimuru motioned for him to go on politely. Instead, Midoriya popped in.

"I had to train for many months until I could get the actual Quirk or else it would destroy my body," Midoriya said.

"Like dying?"

Midoriya shivered. "Well... Yes... More like it would violently tear apart my limbs, though."

Rimuru cringed at what Midoriya said. "I can't feel pain, but seriously, ouch."

"Right??" Midoriya sighed. "I couldn't believe it when he told me," he pointed at All Might.

Rimuru laughed, finally turning to Honnie and Oliver. He tapped on Honnie's shoulder and motioned to walk away a little bit.

Oliver noticed them coming towards him and he stood up.

Rimuru nibbled his lip to contain his excitement. How could he not be excited? He was ecstatic he understood how Midoriya and All Might worked; All the puzzle pieces finally fit together.

They huddled like a sports team, discussing about All Might and Midoriya's shared quirk. It was mostly Rimuru explaining everything, but even so, they discussed.

"... What are they doing?" Midoriya whispered to All Might. Quite frankly, the boy was a little lost.

"Having a private talk about us...?" All Might tilted his head, watching the three place their arms around each other's shoulders.

Whatever Rimuru was whispering, it seemed interesting, judging by the way Honnie and Oliver kept nodding as well as 'ohh'ing and 'ahh'ing.

"What do you think they're talking about specifically?" Midoriya inquired once more.

"I assume Young Tempest is explaining how we have 'magicools' or however it's called," he shrugged. "I really hope they can help you much better than I can."

Midoriya laughed nervously. "You aren't a terrible teacher, you know..."

"I suppose," he sighed.

"If you get more experience I'm sure you'll be fine."

All Might chuckled and pat Midoriya on the head affectionately. When his hand came down, the little huddle dispersed.

"Would you like me to start from the beginning of my theory?" Rimuru asked.

After their nods, he began.

"It began with the first user. Unbeknownst to him, he contained magicules and the power to pass something on. What he didn't know is that his Quirk was not just passing down Quirks, but changing someone's DNA. When he was finally given another Quirk by his brother, he figured most of it out," Rimuru explained carefully.

"When One For All is passed down to a person, it unknowingly changes their DNA to have magicules replace their normal energy stored within them. The Quirk does indeed stack the previous user's magicules, so once it's passed on, they become very weak since their energy is essentially stripped from them."

"The stockpile of magicules only is used when the user powers up the Quirk, otherwise they only have their normal amount of magicules," he continued. "You following me?"

"I think so... yes," Midoriya answered.

All Might smiled. "You can continue."

"The reason why you would sort of explode if you didn't train your body is because humans are not built to handle a large number of magicules, especially if they don't have any themselves. To make this work, the training of one's body makes it tougher and it would take significantly longer to break. The time between your body exploding is just enough for all of it to take it in and change the energy to magicules."

"And you believe this is how everything works?" All Might questioned.

"That's just a theory, but I am 99% sure this is how it happened unless your enemy has magicules."

"That does make sense..." Midoriya thought out loud.

'If it turns out his enemy has magicules as well, I would be delighted to study his power or powers,' smiling, Rimuru clapped. "Alright, now since that is done and over with, let's start with basic training."

Midoriya grinned back and got into a fighting stance. All Might leaned on a nearby tree.

"That includes you too, All Might."

"Me?!" All Might almost jumped off the tree in shock. He reluctantly went into a fighting stance next to Midoriya.

Rimuru chuckled. "All Might and Midoriya, can you do me a favor and activate your Quirk?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6.4K 63
[This story has a rewritten version out now "my only home". You won't have to suffer any longer with this terrible plot, but I'm keeping this up sinc...
598K 14.7K 62
Rimuru had been called to attend Walpurgis, by non-other than Guy himself. Realizing the dire situation, Rimuru makes haste to attend the banquet. Bu...
43.7K 1.4K 30
Its been a long time since Rimuru became the Supreme Deity. And as usual for all powerful beings with nothing to do. He's bored. While talking to Mil...
959 34 8
Hey wait! before you ignore this! It is a good story, with better writing then what I have mostly seen on this site! I know it is not everyone's cup...