The Thief and the Rabbit

By Raikishin

Y/n Yoko is the great grandson of the legendary Bandit that stole from each of the kingdoms during the Great... More

Prologue: The Yoko Tribe
Ch 1: Honor among Thieves
Ch 2: Beacon Academy
Ch 3: CFVY Iniation
Ch 4: The Emerald Forest
Ch 5: Fox and the Bunny
Ch 6: First Misson
Ch 7: Lower Cairn Part 1
Ch 8: Lower Cairn part 2
Ch 9: Matter of Trust
Ch 10: Misson failed
Ch 11: In Name Only
Ch 13: The Yomi Tribe.
Ch 14: Reunion
Ch 15: Shura Yomi
Ch 16: Yoko Vs Yomi
Ch 17: Full Bloom

Ch 12: The King and The Thief.

2.9K 68 28
By Raikishin

After your meeting with Ozpin you rejoined the others back at the dorm. Opening the door, you entered to find Coco working on her make up, Fox laying on his bed bored, and Yatsu sitting in the corner of the room meditating. Velvet was the only one absent, she most likely used the key you gave her to clear her head in the greenhouse.

Fox: So Yatsu if I was getting jumped would you help me out?

Yatsu: (eyes closed) Sure Fox,

Fox: What about you Coco?

Coco: You're on your own, can't risk ruining my new outfit.

Yatsu: How do you know you'd be wearing a new outfit?

Fox: With her there's always a new outfit.

Coco: These are facts but I'm sure you'd be fine either way.

You: What did I just walk in on?

Taking notice of you without turning away from her mirror, Coco waved a dismissive hand

Coco: Oh nothing important.

Fox: To you maybe, my lively hood is at stake here.

Yatsu: (ignoring Fox) How'd things go after we left? Doesn't look like they made you put that collar back on.

Fox: (grumbles) Fine go ahead just ignore me.

You raised your hand to your neck where the collar used to be, with everything that happened you had almost forgotten.

You: Yes, I won't be required to wear it anymore and I have you all to thank for it.

Coco: We should be thanking you, if you weren't there, things could have been a lot worse back on that mission.

Yatsu: You also could've left when you got the collar off but instead you chose to stay with us.

Yatsu's comment took you by surprise, you weren't sure if anyone noticed your moment of hesitation back then but it wasn't like you'd deny it.

Fox: Well it's not like we'd would've blamed you if you wanted to leave. I know I wouldn't want to be forced to stay somewhere I didn't want.

Yatsu: (hastily adding) Not that we'd want you to go.

Coco: Of course not, as far as anyone's concerned you're a bona fide member of team CFVY. I'm sure if V was here she'd say the same.

Yatsu: Speaking of Velvet, she's been gone for awhile.

You: I have a good idea on where she might be, I should probably let her know that everything went ok.

Yatsu: (standing up) I'll come with you, I was starting to get worried.

Before Yatsuhashi could stand Coco puts a finger to his forehead and pushes him back into his sitting position.

Coco: No you stay here, Y/n I'll leave Velvet to you.

She gives a quick wink as you nod at her.

You: Right, we'll be back shortly.

Timeskip of Chibi Fox having a staring contest with Coco.

Ozpin's Office

In the headmaster's office at the top floor of Beacon tower, Ironwood was causing and uproar in the office.

Ironwood: How could you be so lenient!?

Ozpin let out a tired sigh, although he knew the General meant well it was clear that he didn't like the idea of a student that broke the rules being rewarded.

Ironwood: Think of your students, whose to know if isn't preying on your sentimentality.

Glynda: James! Y/n Yoko has been deemed not to pose a threat to this Academy or its students.

Ironwood gives Glynda a hard look. Ozpin turns in his chair, now facing the General. When he spoke his voice was low and even.

Ozpin: James I understand your concerns but they are unwarranted, Y/n has complied with every restriction that was placed on him, he's also proved himself by rescuing his team even though he had an opportunity to escape.

Ironwood: (sighs) Very well have it your way,

Glynda: (sighs) Why must he be so hardheaded?

Ozpin: His heart is in the right place, his unique position means his decisions carry more weight to them than others.

Glynda: I understand but I still don't like his attitude on the matter.

Ozpin: (chuckles) For now we should finalize preparations for the Vytal festival.

Glynda: Very well then.

Ozpin leans back into his chair and starts to reminisce through his memories, a time of kings and rulers, of war and providence. To him it felt like it was recently but it was in truth a whole life time ago.

Flashback

During the time of the Great War, after years of fighting, lands burned and people driven from their homes, no one truly knew when the war would end. One night in the king of Vale's chambers he was visited by an unexpected guest.

King of Vale: How I wish you would just request a proper audience like other people do, but then again I doubt that my guards will let you anywhere in castle.

Yoko: I wouldn't be called the world's greatest thief if I couldn't sneak into a simple castle.

King of Vale: (scoffs) Simple... So what brings you here again my old friend, have you changed your neutral stance and consider joining my cause.

Yoko: No I'm only here to confirm something... tell me what do you fight for oh great king?

The king was taken a back by the sudden question.

King of Vale: I fight for peace, peace for the people of my kingdom and for the rest of remnant.

The thief gave the king an incredulous look.

Yoko: If that was really true then why do you not simply put a stop to this war?

The king raised an eyebrow.

King of Vale: I would never expect a thief to understand the intricacies of war. It's not a simple matter and what makes you think that I could?

Yoko's gaze went from the crown a top his head to the sword strapped to his waist, the thief then let out a wry laugh.

Yoko: I have stolen many things in my life, many of which had great value, coveted by fools who were overcome by their greed but recently one stood out more than any other... a woman.

The king remain silent and waited for the thief to continue.

Yoko: She told me many stories. Stories of age long ago where heroes where common place and magic existed, naturally I thought it to be foolishness but then I remembered something you told me before regarding stories, do you remember?

King of Vale: Do you know when stories stop being stories? The moment someone begins to believe in them.

Yoko: Seeing the things she did, I find it hard not to believe. And if I were to believe all she said to be true then what she said about you may hold some merit as well, am I wrong.... Ozma.

The king closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose, hearing his old name after so long.

King of Vale: It's been so long since I've heard that name, should I take it that she's recruited you to her side.

Yoko: (shakes head) I may believe her stories but I do not believe in her goal. But if this war continues any further it will only serve to benefit her in the long run.

King of Vale: Believe me I am well aware, what will you do now.

Yoko: For now I'll protect those in my care.

Yoko turns to leave.

Yoko: There may no longer be faith nor truth in the world, but surely good sense still exists. (Turns and smiles) And that's something I believe you still have, so long my old friend.

Flashback end

Ozpin opened his eyes to stare back out at his office. Remembering the words of his old friend.

Ozpin: Even now your words still hit home, my old friend.

Y/n's POV

Entering the greenhouse Y/n immediately scanned the room for Velvet, it hadn't been too long since Coco had told you that she came here so it was strange not to see her.

You: Velvet? Are you in here?

Walking around the greenhouse there was no sign of her, it wasn't until you spotted something in the corner of your vision. Your heart sank when you saw Velvet's Anesidora, panic starts to set in as you picked it up.

You: Velvet would never just leave her camera laying around, where could she have got? I swear if this is another one of Cardin's-

Before you could finish the though, a piece of paper fell from Velvet's camera. Y/n's eyes go wide as he read what was on the note, the handwriting was already recognizable but named signed at the end confirmed it. In anger Y/n crushed the paper in his hands.

You: (angry) Damn it, I was careless.

Timeskip of Chibi Cardin feeling a sudden disturbance.

When Velvet opened her eyes she was disoriented, the last thing she remembered was taking pictures of Y/n blooming flower bed, when everything suddenly went dark. Sitting up she checked her surroundings  and quickly realized that she was inside a rather sizable tent, she got to her feet but started to panic when she realized her camera was gone. It was then the flap to the tent opened and in walked two men

Shura: Well hello little bunny girl, glad to see your awake, did you sleep well?

Velvet's eyes narrowed.

Velvet: Who are you and where am I?

Shura: Where are my manners, I am Shura Yomi and I need you to help with a little project.

Chapter End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 436 19
Born in a family with no love. Ryu Rose after escaping from his abusive family, he met a man that chance his life forever. Ryu Kaito became a thief a...
27.6K 387 13
Y/N was once the prince and future heir of Eternia. But then he was frame by both Union and his own father which lead to an accident that burn his fa...
41K 765 41
Quirks, Semblances, Sacred Gears, Magic, and Zenkai Power. Individuals who started off as Teens, are now growing into Adult Hood and stepping into th...
2.8K 241 93
read and find out