Remind Me

By sporknife

In One Moment Her World Blurred Before Her And Now She Doesn't Remember A Thing ** Beautiful Cover by: @spark... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Epilogue
30 and 31 in Owen's POV
Thanks!

Chapter Three

8.8K 379 8
By sporknife

Nobody bothers me. I stay in the bathroom the remainder of the day, not wanting to go out and face everyone. I don't want to see Clarin, who just got in a fight for me. I don't want to see the classmates who were taunting me. I don't even want to see my own tear stained face because that'll just remind me of the nightmare I'm stuck in.

Once the bell rings, I pull open the stall door and without taking a glance in the mirror, I walk out into the hallway.

I keep my head down, not wanting to be stopped. I push forward through the crowd of people, towards the main door. I'm almost out the door when someone grabs my wrist. It's a girl I recognize from earlier, her name was Jackie I believe.

"Brinley," she frowns. "I..."

I just look at her, not knowing what to say to her. She was supposedly my very best friend.

"I want you to get better," she says, voice cracking. "I want you to remember. I miss you."

I don't say anything. Her desires, while I feel bad, I have no control over. I can't magically get back my memories because she asked me to nicely. I know this is hard for her, but it's hard for me too. And these reminders from people I can't even recall the faintest memory of aren't helping.

"I have to go," I say, pushing past her quickly, leaving her standing there with her mouth hanging open. I just couldn't take another word.

I don't know where Clarin is. I can't remember where we parked her car let alone what her car looks like. I just start walking down the sidewalk away from the school.

I try to recall the way we got here through the neighborhood. I walk past people and turn down the first road. None of these houses look familiar. Then again, nothing looks familiar.

I wonder, now, if Clarin was sent home because of the fight she got in. It seems like the most likely option.

I take a right down a new street. Kids are playing in one yard. Two girls have sidewalk chalk and are drawing fairies. Three boys are playing catch with a light up ball. The parents sit in chairs watching their children play with smiles on their faces.

Of course, I don't remember my own childhood at the moment. I still have hopes that in a week or two my memories will begin flowing back. That's what the doctor said, at least. I should start remembering things around then.

I take a new turn to the left. Nobody seems to be out now. No cars driving on this road. I turn around and see that I'm alone. I don't know where I am, and I am completely alone.

Panic slowly engulfs me and I press forward in hopes of finding something that sparks recognition in me. I have to find my house.

The next turns I make move me further and further into this neighborhood. I start to breathe heavily, trying to steady myself. I can't panic. I can't panic. Why didn't I just wait at the school? I didn't think this through. Don't panic. Keep walking.

It's apparent that I am completely lost. I stay where I am, looking around hopelessly, and I bite my lip to keep myself from freaking out. A few tears slide down my face.

I drop my bag on the ground, and let out a frustrated breath. There's no point in moving further or I will just end up more lost than I am now. My hands start shaking like they did in class when I panicked.

I don't know what to do.

"Are you lost?"

I look up and see a small black car has pulled up beside me. I shake my head, knowing I shouldn't talk to any strangers or get into their cars. I press forward now, quickly, so I'm not kidnapped here.

My arms are shaking now, and I don't look back. My face is wet with new tears now. I'm having such horrible luck with my life.

"Brinley."

That's my name. Whoever's in that car knows me. I look over and see the driver. He's a boy about my age it seems, maybe a little older. He has dark brown hair and green eyes that stand out from here.

I realize that I do recognize him. I saw him in some of the pictures on my phone.

"You're lost, aren't you?" He asks again, driving closer.

I let out a breath, wipe under my eyes, and nod.

"Come get in," he says, eyes looking sad.

"Thank you," I say quietly as I get into the passenger seat of the car.

"Your sister called me about twenty minutes ago," he says. "She was pretty worried about you."

"Is she suspended?" I ask, looking at him carefully. I try not to let it distract me much, but he's very attractive. He glances over and notices me and I look away, blushing.

"Why would she be suspended? What happened?" He asks, slowing down to turn.

"Um... She punched someone repeatedly..." I say slowly.

"Wait, why?" He asks, sounding surprised.

"Um.... Someone said something," I try to explain without telling him they were making fun of me.

His jaw clenches, noticeably. "It was about you, wasn't it?"

I let out a breath and nod.

He stays silent the rest of the drive to my house which is further away than I remember. I guess I wandered in the complete wrong direction.

I don't recall his name, and I feel like it would be rude to ask. He seems to know me very well, from what I've heard from Clarin. She told me he used to spend about as much time with me as she did.

When we pull into my driveway, Clarin rushes out of the front door. She yanks me out of my seat in the car and pulls me into a right embrace. I hear her sniffle as if she's been crying.

"I thought you were kidnapped or hurt or-" she's interrupted by a sob.

"I'm fine, I just got lost," I assure her.

"I'm sorry I couldn't find you. I didn't have the chance to tell you mom would pick you up before I was sent to the office," she whispers.

"You were sent to the office?" I ask.

"Yeah, I was sent home for the day," she sighs. "I guess I'm off the hook for this one because I'm on 'high stress levels from emotional trauma' and such."

"Sorry I kind of freaked out and left..." I say awkwardly.

"I wouldn't expect you to do anything else," she says.

"We should probably tell your mom she's okay," the boy says, walking up to us.

Clarin releases me and nods. We all walk up the steps to the front porch and the boy holds the door open for us. I smile at him in thanks and walk inside first.

My mom sees me and lets out a breath of relief before embracing me. I awkwardly wrap my arms around her as well.

"I was so worried," she exclaims, then she lets me go, her hands against my cheeks. "You're alright?"

"Yes," I nod.

"Where did you find her, Owen?" My mom asks the boy. Owen.

"Over in the Northside neighborhoods," he says, sitting down on the living room couch.

"You wandered that far?" Clarin raises her eyebrows in shock.

"Umm...." I look away. I feel embarrassed now, knowing everyone was so worried about me.

"It's okay," my mom says. "Look, we have to talk about this. I know school is most definitely not going to work for you, Brinley. Not now, at least."

"Thank you," I let out a sigh of relief and my mom smiles. I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.

"But I don't have anywhere for you to go," she looks concerned. "I can't miss work. The other kids can't miss school. I cannot leave you here alone, according to doctor's wishes."

"She can stay with me during the day," Owen offers, watching me curiously. His gaze is so strong that I have to look away.

"Owen, that's a lot of us to ask of you," my mom shakes her head.

"I'd be happy to," he assures her.

"But don't you have to be in school too?" I ask, looking back at him, and suddenly stunned by his green eyes staring back into mine.

"No," he replies, "I'm not in high school." He looks sad, almost at my question.

"If you're okay with that, Owen, we would be so grateful for your offer," my mom says with a relieved smile.

"I'm sure," he nods. "Should I pick her up from here around seven?"

"Oh, I can drop her off on my way to work," she replies, shaking her head.

I sit here awkwardly again, while they talk about my arrangements. I guess I'll be staying a while with someone I don't even know. But perhaps this is just what I need. Maybe if I spend time with someone I used to be close to, it'll spark some memories back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
49.5K 1.6K 25
Cover By: @GlitzyBunny "Don't Forget about me." Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot. Art and characters belong to their respective owners. My Very...
6K 495 42
"But you're still the girl that I fell in love with" @copyright of NicoleJ The cover is made by @fishbeans- :))
756 170 11
He makes me think that we are connected, but the next moment I feel lost again.💔 Cover Credits:@gullywasher Special thanks to @A_girl_of_dreams (Ama...