Promise Never to fall in-love...

By Kerisha14iceqween

Highest rankings- #3 reassurance #6 hurtful words #14 adults #1 for kerrie Phoebe's just a normal teen or... More

Before you start reading....
PART 1:: Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19::Characters
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50

Chapter 49

196 9 0
By Kerisha14iceqween

Phoebe's POV

Well today is the day that I'll be leaving this school,I've already freed my now old locker of my old school supplies. This week has been hectic if I must say.

"Are you ready Phoebe?!" Dad shouts from downstairs,I exhale and shouted back an 'almost'. My aunt and cousins are already on their way and are very near,like thirty minutes near.

I rake my fingers through my naturally curly hair once more then fix my lipgloss. I only wore lipgloss and mascara because I didn't feel like doing any makeup.

I trod towards the white fabric that's lying on my bed. It's the most fascinating dress I have ever seen,a white maroon knee length lace dress. As I touch the fabric memories with mom flooded my mind.

A tear fell down my cheek and I wiped it.
"I did it mom. I finally did it" I sniff retrieving the dress from the bed unzipping it from the side and then I pull it over my head pushing one hand through the sleeve followed by the other.

After dressing I grab my clutch and a pair of flat pumps in my hand and take deep breaths before going downstairs. I walk carefully down the steps in my five inches plain black stiletto I brought at a garage sale.

But now that I'm entering college I best stop spending and save more even though I hardly buy myself anything if it isn't necessary. I don't really have a lot of clothes but I pull through.

"You look lovely" dad compliments me with open arms. I step inside of them and wrap my hand around his back while enjoying every second of it. We pull away and he looks at me once more.

"You look so much like your mom" his voice holds sadness and his eyes became glossy.
"Thanks dad" I smile, frowning.
"You look handsome as usual" I compliment chuckling trying to lighten up the mood.

"Oh this old thang" he laughs gesturing to his black and white suit. I giggle and roll my eyes.
"It was passed down to me from my father" he smiles looking deep in thought.

"If we want to be early we have to go now" I nudge his side. He nods and walks before me, I close the door after exiting and head over to the car.

"Do you have everything?" Dad asks.
"Yeah" I reply strapping on my seat belt. He reverses from out of the driveway and onto the residential road.

Within a few minutes we arrive at the graduation venue,my school. My dad agreed to take a seat as I walk to the bathroom to put on my gown. Upon entering the bathroom a funny sound caught my ears.

I step further into the bathroom and the scene I uncover uneases  me.
"Get a room. Gee" I gag as I saw Bri and Kyle doing their 'thing'. She giggles as I step out of the bathroom being sure to lock the door.

They didn't even seem to be fazed at all. I shiver trying to block the upcoming images and voices inside my head.
Where can I go that is not filled with hormonal adults.
Theatre.

I walk towards the old theatre and gladly there wasn't anyone there. I hurriedly put on my gown and hat while looking into an old mirror.
"You came all this way to put on a gown and a hat?"

A voice behind me asks making me jump in fright. I turn around wide eyed which later turns into a glare.
"Tye? to what do I owe this pleasure?" I ask confused.

"Nothing, I just saw you coming in here alone and thought you needed some company" he walks up to me I take a step back.
"No thanks" I roll my eyes.
"He was right" he said mostly to himself.

"What?" I arch my eyebrow.
"You are sassy and I like that in a woman" he bites his lips and walks closer.
"Not interested" I hiss,as I walk pass him he grabs my wrist.

"Let go off me" I try to wiggle my hand free but his grip only tightens. 
"How about a quickie I won't tell a soul...." he smirks "Not even your little boyfriend" he mocks.

"Hell no and I don't have a boyfriend you wussy" I shout.
"That makes it even better" he chuckles and lets go of my wrist.
"You are a true one" he gives me a crooked smirk and leaves.

I'm left confused more than ever and uncomfortable. I take a few deep breaths before exiting the theatre. Unfortunately, we are going to the same college. I walk towards the lawn where the graduation is taking place.

I take my respective seat and look behind me in search of my father but instead my eyes fell upon him. He looks annoyed,uncomfortable, angry and irritated. But he still looks handsome as ever,I tear my eyes away from him and look in front of me.

Brent's POV

"Are you guys ready?!" Mom shouts from downstairs. I roll my eyes as I pull my black t-shirt over my head,I reach over to my dresser and pick up my phone along with my wallet.

I head downstairs taking my hideous gown and hat from my mother as I walk pass her without a word.
"I was wondering if we could take pictures before you go" she offers as I stop to fish my keys from out of the key bowl.

"Pass" I say simply 
"Sure mom" Bri says trying to lighten the mood, I turn the doorknob and was about to head out when mom stops me again.
"Please don't get mad when I tell you this because your safety comes first.." she trails off.
"Get to the point" I say irritated by her hesitation.

"Your dad is coming today" she breathes. My jaw clenches and my grip tightens on the doorknob.
"I told him not to fucking come" I growl,flying the door open and slamming it after.

I walk over to my car and got in,start the engine then drive off. My moms faint voice echoes as I drive. That damn old man doesn't know when to fucking stop. I hit my steering wheel out of anger and cuss underneath my breath.

Within no time I'm already at this shit of a graduation slash school. I grab my repulsive ass of a gown from the passengers seat and exit the car. While walking towards the entrance I got a lot of weird looks and whispers along with giggles from the naïve girls.

That only added to my fury, I walk towards the male bathroom. As I pass the females bathroom I hear faint moans coming from inside.
"Fucking hormonal shits" I cuss underneath my breath.

As I enter the bathroom I'm greeted by a half naked Lia,Evans so called best friend. This is why I don't deal with best friends my ass.
"Hey Brent" she purrs and locks the door behind me. Her small bare chest isn't eye appealing at all.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask getting annoyed.
"Isn't it obvious.....a little birdie told me that you pleasure us women very good" she bites her red painted lips. Her breath fans my face as I see her start to go down.

"Aren't you and Evan best friends?" I ask her name tastes bitter on my tongue. I look down and she is on her knees. The unbuckling of my belt fills the silent vacant bathroom. I touch her shoulder and she looks up at me with her wild eyes.

"I have a better idea" I smirk. She quickly buckles off of her knees and stand to her feet. I buckle my belt and check my phone,it's almost time for the celebration or ceremony I don't give a shit. I put on my gown still holding the hat in my hand,I hear her huff.

"What's taking so long" she whines.
"Please yourself" I tell her and unlock the door then walk out.
"Dick!!" She screams making my ear ring. Fucking desperate slut. I have never refused sex but in the state I am in right now I don't feel like it. I would probably endanger her if I did.

I walk towards the numerous rows of chairs that are in perfect lines decorated in blue and white. I take my seat beside Bri who had 'the glow'. I don't even want to know,everyone had on their hats except me I don't care for it's idiocy anyways.

My eyes wonder around the nauseating place until they landed on her. Her hair is naturally curly as usual but she didn't have on any makeup just what seems to be lipgloss. I shift my gaze away from her and lucky me it landed on  mom my good for nothing of a father and his mistress.

Frustration,anger and irritation takes over my entire mood when I see mom laughing with them.
"This sucks" Bri scowls as she looks in my direction. I roll my eyes.
"You could communicate more you know" she says sounding pissed.

"Whatever Bri I just want to get out of this fucking thing" I say referring to my gown. She chuckles softly and my mouth turns upwards.

"*Ahem* good morning students,parents and teachers" the principal announces.
"Good morning Principal Trent" everyone but me answers.
"As we are about to start the graduation service I ask you all to stand as we say the national anthem"

We rise from our chairs and stand at attention.
"O say can you see......" they all began,my eyes went back to Phoebe whom I know very well is saying it with pride. I know that I'm a dick for leaving her after our session behind the theatre but I couldn't complicate things further.

The national anthem was finished a minute after and we all take a seat.
"Special thank you to Mr.Palmer for the donation he gave us in support of the school and graduation." Trent beams with joy. Bri gasps beside me as dad stands and everyone applauds.

"Fuck no" I grit out. Bri tried to hold my hand but I am up and out before she could.

Phoebe's POV

"Special thank you to Mr.Palmer for the donation he gave us in support of the school and graduation" everyone goes up in applaud while I sit there frozen. I look up to see a pass angry Brent getting up from his seat.

Bri follows after him, I have to let her help this time. I force my feet from moving to go after him because that's the only thing that I have been doing for these past months. The service went on in a blur as my name was soon to be called , I look up only to see Bri sitting alone, her eyes are slightly puffy.

Guilt takes over and as I was about to get up and go after him the principal called my name.
"Phoebe Carmel" he calls a second time. I stand from my chair as I take brisk cautious steps towards the podium.

A chain of applause congratulates me as I collect my degree.
"Congratulations miss Carmel" principal Trent says as I shake his hand, he directs me to turn to the camera. The camera man flashes a photo or two, I thanked principal Trent and walk to my seat.

After another hour or two of applauding my friends slash school mates, my mind was still set on Brent. The principal finally reached the letter P and my anxiety fills to the brim.
"Brent Palmer" I hear him call for the third time. Everyone's eyes wonder around confused to why the sponsors son isn't at the graduation.

"Sorry for the inconvenience, his mother Mrs. Palmer will be collecting his diploma" he announces I watch as his mother walks up the few steps in her elegant blue knee length dress and takes the diploma from the principals hand then walks back to her seat.

"Brith Palmer" the principal calls. She stands from her seat and walks down the steps then walks up onto the podium. She collects her degree and turns to take a picture the applauses kept on rolling until she takes her seat.
*****
"Congratulations to you all" the principal comments as we all stand and throw our hats in the air in cheers and applauses from our parents.
"Congrats B" Bri hugs me.
"You too Bri" I sniff. "Don't cry silly I'm gonna miss you though" she tightens the hug.

"Me too" I cry. She lets me go a few seconds after and wipes my tears.
"Congrats baby girl" a manly voice comes from behind me, I look around and step out of the mans way.

"Thanks dad for making Brent leave" she says coldly.
"Brith that's no way to talk to your father" her mother buts in.
"Yeah sure mom even when he has his baby doll beside of you" she scoffs.
"Congratulations Brith" the woman who doesn't look like she is pass the age twenty one congratulates Bri with a smile.

Wrong timing, her dress is modest I must say,it is blue and flows pass her knees with an A line cut. She has brown flowing hair that catches her at her waist,her make up is done to perfection and her manicured and well polished nails and hand  stretch forth to greet mine.

"Hi my name is Larissa" she introduces herself.
"Yeah and it was not nice meeting you" Bri growls and snatch my arms pulling me with her.
"Bri" I scold her.
"I'm sorry I just don't like her" she sighs. I soothe her shoulder.

"I understand Bri but.." Kyle cuts me off.
"Can I barrow her for a minute?" He asks while holding her hand. I nod sighing.
Where are you Brent?

"There you are" dad,Tom,Nikki,aunt Vivienne and my cousins all greet walking towards me.
"Congratulations darling" Nicole congratulates me.
"Thank you Nikki" I say giving her a hug and a smile.
"Felicidades" Tom congratulates me.
"Gracias Tom" I say giving him a hug.

"My baby girl all grown up. Congratulations honey" dad kisses my cheeks and engulfs me into a tight hug.
"Thank you dad" I sigh holding on a little longer.
*Ahem* a noise from behind me separates me from my dad. I turn around to face the serpents wrath's. How did they all come and I only had four passes?.

"My dear Phoebe,oh how you've grown" aunt Vivienne says holding my wrists while eyeing me up and down with a forced smile on her face. I force a smile back at her and she engulfs me into an unprepared hug.

I must say I was a bit startled at her gesture.
"Congratulations my dear I hope you will be joining us for the dinner?!" she demands more than questions. I look in my dad's pleading eyes and shook my head slowly at her.

"Yes" I tell her.
"Wonderful" she smiles and turns to her kids.
"Congrats Phoebe" they both said in unison. I wonder how much practice they went through to do that.
"Thank you" I say as  politely as I could.
They are dressed in their best as usual name brand dress and suit both blue.

We stand in awkward silence,I rock back and forth on my heels. Speaking of..
"Dad I need to get my pumps" I inform him stretching forth my hand for the keys. He hands me the keys and I excuse myself.

I walk towards the car pressing the unlock button on the key fob remote. As soon as I'm face to face with the passengers door I open it and exchange my heels for the flat pumps that were underneath the seat.

Relief washes over me as my feet meet the soft material underneath I close the door and walk towards the school. I look around the parking lot and there was no sign of Brent's car nor anyone related to him. I take out my phone and dial Bri's number but she doesn't pick up either. I keep calling and calling and each time it lead to voicemail.

Brent's POV

Blood courses through my veins as my adrenaline rush,rushes through my blood stream in pure anger. My hands tingle as I feel the need to hit something....someone.
I gulp the scotch in my hand in one go.

I find myself back at the old bar I came to a few months back when the same fucked up old man had me angry. He's such a fucking snake he knew damn well that what he did would piss me off but he didn't care.

I scoff at the word in my mind care my ass....
"Do you want another?" The same woman from the last time asks me. I nod my head at her.
"Easy tiger that was the fifth drink since you got here" a brunette beside me giggles.

"I don't see why it is any of your business" I hiss, the liquor is already soaking into my system and the feeling feels damn good.
"Gee you really need to take it easy on the liquor" she scoffs and walks over to a table filled with men.

I down my tenth drink for the day and paid the woman behind the bar who in the mean time was trying to persuade me to sleep with her. I stagger through the door and over to my car, as I open the door of my car the loud ringing coming from my phone made my head spin even more.

With an almost steady hand I take my phone from out of my pocket and look at the blurry caller iD. Before I could answer it stopped ringing, I open my car door and went in then start the ignition.
My head feels woozy as I search for my seatbelt.
What the hell did they put in those damn alcohols?

I shake my head trying to get rid of some of the giddiness but it only made matters worse. I look ahead and see two residential roads instead of one. I open the glove compartment and dig into it searching for the Advil's I put in there a few weeks back.

Much to my luck there was none. I rest my head on the steering wheel and before I knew it darkness consumes me.

Phoebe's POV

I have been calling Brent's phone like a hundred times and he still haven't picked up. I knew he wouldn't be at our,his spot but at a....
"Phoebe" my aunts voice calls me from my worrisome thoughts.

"Hmm" I hum in response as I reach over to grab the glass of water in this overly expensive restaurant.
"What are your future plans from now?" She questions taking a sip of wine.
"I don't know as yet" I say clearing my throat.

"Oh my God Phoebe really" Dahlia gasps dramatically.
"I have already set out my future goals to be a lawyer and I'll be attending Yale University" she boasts,speaking of Yale Mycheal will be leaving tomorrow I'll have to go pay him a visit.

"That's wonderful Dahlia" I strain a smile,I hope Mycheal doesn't get involved with her.
"What about you Dane?" Dad asks.
"Well I'll also be attending Yale and my future goal is to be a doctor" he says simply with a hint of pride. Maybe I misjudged him.

"That's great Dane and Dahlia and Phoebe I'll have a chat with you later on" dad says,I look up and find smug smirks on each of their lips, like mother like children.

The rest of the dinner went 'whatever' and it was now time for them to go to their five star hotel.
"Goodbye Phoebe and I hope you will find your career soon" aunt Vivienne says dryly as she engulfs me into a hug.
"Unfortunately you didn't get to go to your parents college there's always a next time...oh wait there isn't neither was there any for your mother" she whispers into my ear then let's go off of me.

The evil smirk she had on her lips infuriates me even more, I snatch my hand from her grip and glare at her.
"I'll excel, you'll see. Oh and my mom didn't have to compete" I give her a smirk and a wink. Two can play that game.
"Bye cousins all the best" I give them a ta-ta wave and enter into my fathers car. I sigh out of today's exhaustion.

He comes in with an unreadable expression on his face. He starts the ignition and I buckle up.
"What you said at the dinner table about not knowing what you want, what exactly do you mean?" Dad questions while pinching his nose bridge with one hand and steering the car with the other. I thought he was gonna scold me for what I just said.

"Dad I would love more than anything to save lives but I don't know if that's my calling" I explain.
"So what exactly is your calling Phoebe?" His tone is a bit worrisome.
"To write dad. I want to major in English" I tell him a hundred percent sure.
"Are you sure? because you already assigned for medical classes" he turns onto our block.

"I can just change the courses" I tell him.
"Won't that take a while?" He questions.
"Yeah but I'll get on it tomorrow" I insure him.
"Ok then,do you" he sighs and I thank him for understanding.
"You are the best dad" I say as he pulls into the driveway.
"I know" he chuckles and I laugh. "Goodnight" I give him a kiss on the cheek as soon as we enter into the house he nods and I went up to my room.

Brent's POV

Ring!! 
The aggressive tone coming from my phone woke me up.
"Ugh!!" I reach over and press the answer button.
"Brent thank God where are you?" Bri's frantic voice echoes through the speaker.

"Damn Bri you're too loud" I hiss.
"Where are you? Have you been drinking? Can you ride come home?" She asks questions upon questions.
"I'm at a local bar downtown and I don't have to answer the rest" I hang up and start driving. My vision was a little clearer but my head felt as if it was hit by a truck.

Within the next thirty minutes of horrible traffic and a banging headache I arrive home and into the driveway where furious looking people stand awaiting me. I get out of the car and walk to the front door ignoring the bickering behind me.

"Young man stop!!" my moms voice blares. I stop and turn around.
"What?! If this fucking cheater didn't come here I probably wouldn't even be pissed off right now" I slur angrily.
"Look Brent I know your anger towards me but your mother and sister have nothing to do with this" he tries to defend them or his selfish self.

"Like I give a fuck. You know nothing about me and don't include the only two women who were once in your too God damn busy of a life.... and this...." I motion to the woman standing beside him. "...is what you left them, not me" I growl and walk off to my room.

My headache only increases,I fish through my drawer for an Advil and luckily I found two. I swallow them dry and lay on my bed making darkness consume me again.

One last chapter to go. What are your emotions after reading this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

478K 16.2K 48
[COMPLETED] Alexis was your typical everyday good girl with excellent grades, a single best friend, an annoying elder brother and a family that loved...
441 11 46
Love. Love is such a strong word. Love is something you feel for someone you truly care about. Right? So is love ever possible to feel for someone th...
29K 4.3K 58
Book 1 of From Ours To Yours Triology ABOUT THE BOOK Two strangers complete opposites of each other fall in love. But the life is not easy, non...
207K 1.5K 8
{Highest Rank - #15 Teen Fiction (8/7/2016)} {Completed - 12/9/2016} {Being Re-Published} {Currently under major editing and also a bit of re-writing...