Promise Never to fall in-love...

By Kerisha14iceqween

Highest rankings- #3 reassurance #6 hurtful words #14 adults #1 for kerrie Phoebe's just a normal teen or... More

Before you start reading....
PART 1:: Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19::Characters
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 47

185 8 0
By Kerisha14iceqween

Phoebe's POV

"As you all know the reason why you are back at school is for graduation preparations which starts today. Hopefully we can finish by tomorrow it isn't much but my apologies for informing you this late. Be on the lawn in ten minutes" the principal tells us.

"What could be so important that he forgot to tell us" I whine.
"Relax B not everyone's like you" Bri says biting her lips stifling a laugh,I glare at her she puts her hands up in surrender.
"Whatever" I roll my eyes.

"She's right what exactly was so important?" Mycheal teases, I give him a glare and watch as he laughs at me followed by the others. I huff the entire way to the lawn awaiting the principal.
"Hey B can I talk to you for a sec?" Kyle asks,I nod.

We walk a few feet away from the others.
"What's up?" I ask popping the p. He chuckles at my not attempt of a joke and I can't help but join in.
"Have you talked with Brent?" I choke on my saliva and he pats my back for support.

"Sorry....." I apologize and he nods, "Kyle he and I haven't been......we aren't friends anymore" my voice saddens remembering last night he was drunk that's why he came. He looks confused as to why.
"What happened?" He presses.
"It's not something I like talking about but we both think that it's best if we stop with our 'friendship' " the words sounding bitter on my tongue.

I try not to think about him going so so far away from here.
"Have you both talked?" I ask hesitantly.
"Yeah but that was a longtime ago" he tells me,I nod in understanding and look to where Bri and Mycheal are standing then back to Kyle.

"You know which colleges he got accepted into right?" I ask out of curiosity.
"Yeah Bri told me" he shrugs,of course she did,I smile.
"Lets go back before Bri has my head for being so far from her" he jokes and I can't help but laugh despite the burning feeling inside of me.

"Yeah lets go" I chuckle walking up to the others and stand beside Mycheal.
"What were you guys talking about?" Bri asks with curiosity lace in her voice.
"Nothing important" Kyle replies and she nods knowing her she won't let it go.

"Silence!!" Principal Trent shouts,I'm used to his constant shouting since the seventh grade but he startles me at times. The entire senior body stays silent to hear what he has to say.

"A virtual graduation will be held at ten a.m. on September the twenty third on this spot of ground. You are to be in the schools old theater room for the fitting of your gowns and hat in an hour so you have time for a break be back before one. Thank you" he dismisses himself and so did us.

"It's five minutes till twelve o'clock" Mycheal announces. We haven't spent any time for a while I guess both of us are too busy.
"So where do you guys wanna go to eat?" Bri ask.
"McDonalds" Bri says at the same time I say "Cake shop".

"So which is it boys?" I ask looking at them both.
"McDonalds sounds good" Kyle cowardly remark.
"Cake shop for me I'm tired to eating McDonalds" Mycheal says,I smile up at him and we parted our ways.

"So how is everything going?" Mycheal asks as he turns on another street.
"Honestly good and bad" I tell him.
"Care to share" he smiles.
"Yeah I got accepted to NYC and Colombia University" I can't help the smile forming on my lips.

"That's great news....speaking of I was accepted to Yale" he says leaving my mouth gape.
"Oh my God that's great Mycheal" I squeal while giving him a side hug because he's still driving.
"Thanks it's not much of a deal though plus it's just an hour and thirty to forty minutes drive away from here we'll still be in touch " he shrugs.

"Look at you sorting out matters so quickly. I'm so proud of you" I give him a kiss on the cheek.
"Thanks mom" he teases,I smack his arm and giggle. We arrive at the Cake Shop three minutes later wasting no time in ordering my usual chocolate cake and a milkshake shake while Mycheal ordered donuts and ice tea.

Weird combination if you ask me but who isn't weird.
"....and then he was like who in the hell put my shoes in the freezer..." Mycheal exaggerates while I'm dying with laughter. He's telling me about a story when he was nine and he pranked his dad by putting his favorite pair of shoe inside the freezer.

"You were mischievous then" I chuckle while I place the last bit of cake inside my mouth.
"Very" he laughs and I join,I laugh so hard that I'm starting to cry.
"How about you have any childhood memories?" He asks.
"Yeah" I sniff.

"Most of them are with my mom" it's intriguing how one's mood can change in a small amount of time.
"You don't....." he says.
"No it's fine. Most of my childhood was spent with my mom dad spends time with me but not as much as mom. She was a stay at home mother we used to take walk in the parks play games we even helped a stray cat find his owner...." I trail off.

"Sorry" I shake my head. "It's nothing like your childhood but I had a lot of amazing memories" I sniff.
"Why are you speaking in past tense?" He asks even though I knew he knew the answer.
"She died" tears began to run down from my eyes and my lips starts quivering. He reaches over for my hand soothing it.

"I'm sorry I asked" regret lace in his voice.
"It's ok it's just the healing phase" I tell him wiping my tears.
"Let get outta here" he says while I ask him to let me pay for the meal he declines.

"It's gonna be ok I know she's proud of the woman you've become" he comforts me as he drives back to school. I nod then rest my head against the window circling the passing buildings.
.......

"This way students" Ms.Grundy the principals assistant says directing us towards the theater I never knew existed.
"How comes I never knew here?" I ask Mycheal who is replaced by a black hair man I don't even know.

"I don't know either" he shrugs. I never expected him to reply,he walks further into the crowd. I'm at the back because tight spaces don't do me well. Someone strides beside me as I take small fast movements to catch up with the others.

That's when the familiar scent hits me. I never expect to see him here since these aren't really his scenes. What am I even saying? I swallow hard trying to put on a straight face which I'm miserably failing at doing.

"These are the gowns and the hats, form a horizontal line and take turns trying I'll be there if you need help" she informs us walking over to a chair nearby. She dresses like a hooker for her age in the forties, long sleeve shirt with the top buttons loose and a mini shirt. I watch as she eyes him up and down while biting her lips. Just the thought of them makes me sick.

Being the obedient students we are we spread out searching for gowns and hats that might fit. They all look a little big in size as for the hat it's a proper fit.
"What the fuck are these?" I hear his deep voice behind me. I watch as he shoves the gown at a poor helpless guy and put the hat on his head.

"These are so god damn ridiculous who the hell is gonna wear these things definitely most fucking not me" he shouts on the top of his voice earning everyone's attention.
Oh God.
"Mr.Palmer be quiet" Ms.Grundy warns.

"Or what?" He presses,I know what he's doing and I can't stand to see him do it he might affect his college opportunity.
"Brent" Bri warns,he rolls his eyes.
"I know you aren't on speaking terms B but please help me I don't want him to jeopardize his future" she sounds desperate.

I look back to him who is still talking nonsense. I cautiously walk up to him,why does everyone think I can calm him down.
"Brent" I call his name he doesn't answer. Ms.Grundy pulls out her phone ready to call we all know who Principal Trent. I briskly walk over to her.

"No I can calm him down Ms.Grundy let me help"I try to convince her.
"If he doesn't keep silent in five minutes he's out and no graduation" she warns and I nod walking over to him. I stand directly in front of him balling my fist at my sides I look him in the eyes and watch as his face expression softens just a bit it's almost unnoticeable.

Despite the people around us watching I careless.
"Four minutes Ms.Carmel" she says.
"You need to calm down Brent they're just gowns and hats stop creating such a scene" I scold him he scoffs.
"So they sent you to do the work because they can't huh?" He raises his voice.

"This is pointless Brent and you know it...I know what you're doing" I lower my voice at the end.
"What would the be?" He asks looking away from my gaze.
"You don't want to graduate that's it. You're afraid so you're starting an argument to avoid going" I whisper so that he alone can hear.

He arches his eyebrow.
"Hell no I'm not" he's in denial.
"Just please stay calm and if you want some one to talk to-" he cuts me off.
"I don't need anyone's help nor advice" he says through gritted teeth. I release my fist and place my palm on his face.

He's stunned by my gesture.
"Will you? Please?" I ask softly looking down at his lips.
Now would be a right time to kiss him.
My subconscious teases. I remove my palm from his face and watch as he takes a deep breath in then letting it out.

He still looks like he wants to say something but it's temporary before he fumes again. I take him by the hand and carry him behind the stage. I can hear the applauses from the students as we are out of sight.

Before I knew it his lips are on mine, he removes his lips from mine too soon  and looks into my eyes. I wanted it,I hesitate on kissing him back because I don't want shit going down but when is it not. I capture his lips deepening the kiss.

He pulls me closer to his chest as he hooks one of his hands in my hair and the other on my back. I rake my fingers through his hair tugging him down to my height. I savor the taste of mint on his breath as it invades my senses sending me over the edge.

In one swift move my legs are wrapped around his trousers as he walks over to a chair nearby by and sits on it. I break the kiss catching my breath.
"We aren't good for each other" I breath as he kisses my neck.
"I know" he says against my skin,I shiver as his tongue glides the area below my ear.

"Mmmmm" I moan as his hand finds its way up my thigh underneath my dress.
"Brent" I bite my lips.
"Shhh" he silences me.
"W-we need to get back" I say breathlessly.
"You're already breathless and I haven't touched you" he smirks against my skin.

"We-" he captivates my lips once more. The only way out of this is if I do what he hates me doing whenever we kiss. I rock my hips against his feeling his erection.
"Fuck stop" he says through gritted teeth but I continue.
"Phoebe" he warns but I still kept on rocking with a smirk planted on my lips.

"You asked for it.....fuck" he exclaims. His hand travel to my inner thigh and over my panty top tugging at the strings. I stop my movement gasping as his hand goes further down my panty line,he smirks.
"Let's get going" he removes his hand I lay my head on his chest panting.
"You're a dick you know that don't you?" I ask him calming down.

"Don't have to tell me twice Red" He smirks. After catching our breaths we went back out to find it empty and two gowns plus hats on a bench nearby.
"Why don't you wanna graduate?" I ask.
"I don't see the sense in it" he shrugs.
"Your mom will be proud of you" I tell him.

"Whatever" he says and walks away. Again and again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...
93.1K 1.8K 50
Alexis was heartbroken when August, her best friend of ten years, humiliated her in front of the whole school. August leaves school the same year and...
290K 5.8K 48
COMPLETED MADDY HAYES has never been the type of girl who listens to what other people have to say. She's mean, confident, and very, very intimidatin...
478K 16.2K 48
[COMPLETED] Alexis was your typical everyday good girl with excellent grades, a single best friend, an annoying elder brother and a family that loved...