Promise Never to fall in-love...

By Kerisha14iceqween

Highest rankings- #3 reassurance #6 hurtful words #14 adults #1 for kerrie Phoebe's just a normal teen or... More

Before you start reading....
PART 1:: Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19::Characters
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 46

198 8 0
By Kerisha14iceqween

Phoebe's POV

Today is the day that I've been waiting for. I'll be checking the mail box for my college addmissions from the colleges I applied for.

"You ready?" Dad asks as he pulls up at the mail box our community shares. What is it with people asking me if I'm ready.
"Yes dad" I say hoping out of the car even though I'm petrified more than anything right now.

I walk towards the mail box retrieving my mail.
Bills,coupons,applications......
I freeze when I see the first admission letter,panic immediately fills me,with shaking hands I skip through the rest of the mails and found the other three.

"Is everything ok" dad asks as I enter the car,I shake my head at him and buckle myself up. We arrive at home too quickly than how we went. I take a seat on the couch while dad goes into the kitchen and comes out with a bottle of water.

"Thanks" I say smiling up at him,he nods and sits beside me. I look over at him while placing my water bottle on the coffee table. He gives me a nod to proceed, I take a deep breath before he hands me the first letter.

My hands are shaking outrageously,he puts his hand on mine giving me a small smile. After what feels like eternity I finally open the first letter which is from Stanford university. It reads....

Dear Phoebe Carmel

I'm pleased to tell you that your application is touching......

I skip a few sentences.

You aren't qualified for our University.

I exhale a shaky breath and shake my head at dad,he wraps his arm around my shoulder soothing me.

He gives me another one,this time I hesitated more than the last I don't think I can accept another rejection. Dad takes the letter from me and reads it. His face expression only breaks my heart.

"Just say it" I breath.
"Well......you are accepted to NYC" he shouts,I freeze completely looking at him in disbelief.

"W-what?!" I exclaim,he nods rapidly engulfing me into a tight hug,I cough because he was squeezing me too hard. He let's go off of me and apologizes.

"But there are others" my anxiety is creeping back in.
"Ok do you want me to read the next?" He asks and I nod,he opens the next letter and looks at me hope fills me as I wait for his answer.

"I'm sorry honey but you weren't accepted to Brooklyn College" he announces in a sad tone. It felt like my whole world has shattered I always wanted to go there because that was where my mom and dad met.

"It's ok honey you have one more though I'm sure they'll accept you they won't be so foolish" he says trying to comfort me,it wasn't really helping but I nod giving him a small smile.

I take the other letter,he gives me an 'are you sure' look I nod in certainty taking a breath out before reading the paper with typed words on it.

Dear Phoebe Carmel

Congratulations! We are pleased to have you study at Colombia University this New Years.....

That was all I needed to see,I look over at my dad who looks worried.
"Yes" I rapidly shake my head
"Yes!!yes!!" He lifts me from the couch swirling me around. I can't ignore the happy feeling stirring inside of me.

"What did I miss" Bri barges in with pizza in her hand. Where the hell did she come from? I laugh at her blank expression as dad puts me down.

"We are going out to a celebration dinner do you wanna come Brith?" Dad asks her. I haven't called her that in a while,she shakes her head.

"No Mr.Carmel I can't because I have people coming over tonight my moms parents" she shrugs.
"Ok then I hope you have a lovely evening" dad says waltzing into the kitchen joyfully humming.

"Spill" Bri squeals,I take her by the arms and sit her down.
"Well......I got accepted to NYC and Colombia University" I squeal back,she tugs me to her suffocating me into a hug.

"Oh em gee I'm so happy for you. Now I wish that I could come with you but Grammy and Papa. Besides you need some father to daughter time" she hugs me again.

"So which will you choose?" She asks.
"Well that's the point I don't know" I blow down both are far from home two hours at least and the dorms are a good thirty and twenty minutes away from the campus.

"Wait didn't you want to go to Brooklyn College?" She asks frowning I exhale sharply.
"Yeah....."
"I'm so sorry" she soothes my back.
"It's ok besides I got better offers" it pains me to say but it's true.

"Yeah I mean freaking NYC" she screams causing my dad to ask if we are ok.
"Yeah I know"
"What made you want to go to Brooklyn College anyways?" She questions curiously.
"Because that was where my mom and dad met" I tell her trying not to be emotional.

Healing process remember Phoebe.
"Oh" her mood saddens.
"So when are your results coming in next week right?" I try to turn the subject onto her.
"Yeah supposedly I mean Brent got his today" she blurts,I shift at the mention of his name.

From my encounter with him at the diner I haven't come in contact with him. It's good because I need to figure out these feelings I have for him and him being around all the time doesn't help.

" It's ok" I assure her,she nods.
"I won't say anything more about him" she informs me, I smile at her.
Where did he pass to though?
"Where did he pass for?" My curiosity getting the best of me as always.
"Washington State University and Brooklyn College but he chose Washington State University" she smiles,it felt like something inside me crack open leaving me startled and with a heavy heart.

"O-Oh" is all I say. The scene with Brent telling me he doesn't want to be near here repeats in my head aching my heart.
"Yeah" she nods.
"How do you feel about it?" I quiz her.
"Sad, truth be told. Even though he's not the best twin brother in the world I know he cares for me deep down and he'll eventually miss me" she sniffs.

"I'm sure he will who wouldn't" I nudge her in the shoulder she giggles and we change the too over whelming topic.
.....
"Are you ready honey?" Dad shouts from downstairs,I'm on the verge of putting on my wedges. I'm wearing a black off the shoulder dress that compliments my body shape very well,my 'mistress' decided to join me this afternoon when Bri left.

The thought of Brent going to another university so far away sends chill to my spine. I'm supposed to be forgetting him or figuring out my feelings for this man and here I am thinking about him while looking at my self in the mirror one last time.

I force myself to move from the mirror then over to the bed grabbing my purse and heading down the stairs.
"You look lovely as always my dear" dad compliments.
"Thanks dad and you look handsome" he's in a black dress pants and a white button down shirt.

"Shall we?" He asks stretching forth his arm towards me.
"We shall" I chuckle and wrap my arm around his.

Brent's POV

I hop out of bed checking my phone. Twelve in the afternoon,I head downstairs to get a bottle of water and collided into mom.
"Hey remember that grandma and grandpa are coming over for dinner" she tells me.

Like I care if the old people are coming. Bri emerges from upstairs walks over to mom and gives her a kiss on the cheek.
"Remember.."
"Yes that grandma and grandpa are coming I know I know" she whines.

"Where are you off to?" Mom asks Bri.
"I'm going over to Phoebe's" she tells mom and walks away after she told her to come back before dinner. I haven't seen her since the little encounter not that I care.
Hell you do.

I walk back up to my room and lay on my bed staring at the celling.
"Brent there are some mails for you" mom shouts from downstairs. I head downstairs retrieving the mails from her hand and head to the couch.

Shit.
They are letters from the colleges I wrote to. It has been a month or so since I have sent these and I didn't expect them back so soon especially not on the same day. Coincidence much.

I open the first one from Princeton University.

Dear Brent Palmer

We're sorry to inform you that you aren't accepted to our college.....

Fuck that I move onto the next which is from Colombia University. I skip the intro.

I'm sorry you aren't accepted to enroll in our University.....

Whatever I don't give a fuck about them anyways it was just a random pick. I open the next which is from Brooklyn College.

We are happy to accept you to Brooklyn College.

Just great the only place that I didn't want to go. I roll my eyes and move to the last Washington State University.

Dear Brent Palmer

It is a honor for you wanting to pursue your career here with us at Washington State University.....
I skip the long ass intro and cut to the chase.

Congratulations!! You are accepted to our prestigious college this New Year.

It's obvious I'm going to Washington State University and nothing will stop me from doing so not even her.
"So which colleges accepted you?" Mom asks.
"Brooklyn and Washington" I flatly state.

"Oh my God" she squeals hugging me sideways and pulls out her phone to call Bri of course. I roll my eyes why is it such a big deal it's just a college.
That you wanted to go into don't forget that.
My subconscious teases.

I walk back upstairs and into my room having to hear moms constant squeals,cries and chatter about the colleges that accepted me. I know that Bri is going to tell her she will be crushed but it's for the best.

I don't care.
I try to convince myself. Evening rolls around and Bri comes back to get ready for the shitty ass dinner. The old hags don't really like me because to them I'm impudent like I give a damn. I dress in my usual black and head ten minutes late downstairs.

"Well well well if it isn't our very own grandson" Harold my so called grandfather says holding his hand for me to shake. I draw out a chair staring at him while sitting down.

"Still rude I see"the old Delilah beside him say. I roll my eyes and reach for the roasted chicken in the center of the table. This is gonna be a long ass night.

Phoebe's POV

"Wow dad this place looks incredibly expensive" I gape at the beauty,the front is made of transparent glass which has the restaurant's name on it. Upon entering the restaurant the first thing I spot are the brick walls. Lanterns hanging from the flower design celling in every row.

It has a bar and diamond shape designs on the walls over the bar section. A bronze looking post is standing in the center with circular and flower patterns on it. The tables and chairs are white and the floor is black. This restaurant is elegant.

"Don't be absurd it's your celebration" he tells me while talking to the man holding a clipboard in his hand checking for our surname name. The man nods fixing his air tight tux. The view inside only has me more confused by the second.

"Right this way" a lady in a black skirt and white button down shirt tells us and directs us to table seven.

Dad pulls out the chair for me to sit, I thank him politely as he walks over to his chair and sits down. I look around the way to expensive restaurant at the people sitting in it all in suits and name brand dresses. Not like I care.

"So order up" dad says drawing my attention back to him.
"Dad we could've feast at the diner I would have loved it I don't mean to be rude but this is too much" I tell him and watch as he chuckles.

"You remind me so much of your mom she always has something to protest about not that it's a bad thing though" his eyes light up as he talks about her. That is undying love and my mom and dad can prove it.

"Good evening and welcome to restaurant La Vara" a man looking like he's in his mid twenties greets us.
"Hello" I greet him at the same time dad says "Good evening"

"Have you seen what you want to order as yet?" He questions,he's very polite and cute too,he has brown hair, blue eyes and uneven lips.
"No but as soon as we do we'll call you" dad says and he nods walking away.

"Why a Spanish restaurant though?" I ask while looking at the menu. Shrimp dip. Sounds good but a little overpriced.
"New experience" he smiles at me. He calls the waiter over and we place our orders.

I ordered chicken Alfredo while dad ordered the shrimp dip I saw.

Brent's POV

"So how were exams?" Harold asks. I look over at him rolling my eyes.
"Ok" I flatly remark shoving the chicken inside of my mouth. He nods his head.
"Have you gotten your admission letters back as yet?" Delilah ask,yes that's her real name.

As I'm about to say no mom beats me to it making me very annoyed.
"Yes he was accepted at Brooklyn College and Washington State University for the New Years" she squeals again joined with Bri.

"That's wonder but why didn't you applied for Yale or some other University?" Harold asks, that's what they always do judge me and I won't stand for it.

"That's a waste of damn time" I huff.
"Brent" mom warns.
"No I'm sick of these things judging me every fucking time give me a damn break" I stand from my chair enduring the sound the wood makes against the concrete floor.

"Phoebe got accepted to NYC and Colombia University" Bri spills making me freeze. She looks up at me way to go to lighten up the mood.
"Who's Phoebe?" Delilah ask.
"Brith's best friend" mom beams,that far,I mean wow that's good I guess but it's too far especially since she said she wanted to be close to home.

I feel a hand on mine,I look over at Bri giving her a nod she blows down and I exit the dining room then out the door.

Phoebe's POV

"That was amazing dad" I tell him giving him one last hug before going to bed.
"Yeah it was now go get some rest" he kisses my forehead. I shut my room door and walk over to my drawers. The night went superb we drink,eat,make small silly jokes and talk about mom whom I'll be visiting soon.

As I'm about to walk away from my hamper a pitch sound coming form the window draws my attention. I walk over and shift the curtains my heart beat stops as soon as I saw the person there. What the hell is he doing here?

I open my windows and stick my head out a little pebble hit me in the forehead.
"Ouch. What do you want?" I huff.
"Come down" he whispers. I roll my eyes.
"No" I say sternly.
"Come on do you want me to say please?" He teases me.

It's sometimes annoying when he does that. I blow down contemplating what I should do but my feet leads me before my mind does.
"I never thought you'd come" he says getting loud.
"Shh" I scold him while silently closing the door to avoid waking my dad.

"Ok" he whispers,I walk up to him keeping a good four feet away.
"What do you want?" I sassily remark anytime he shows up when we're not on speaking terms he's going through something I just feel it.
"I heard that you got accepted to NYC and Colombia University" he slurs.

"Why were you drinking?" I try to dodge the question.
"I asked you a question first" he smiles a crooked smile. His hair is messy,his clothes is raggedy and the night is cold. I use my palm to rub against my arms to create heat but it doesn't work.

"Here" he grumbles handing me his jacket that I wore once and I don't want to remember that night.
"No" I decline he rolls his eyes and walks over to where I am.
"Don't come any closer" I warn but being the person he is he ignores me.
His jacket covers my back in seconds and I exhale.

"You're too stubborn" he mumbles giving us space. I'm happy that he did but not entirely, his minty scent hits my senses wallowing me back into him again. It's crushing down my defense wall.
If there was any.

"Aren't you going to answer my question or not?" He asks.
"Only if you answer mine" I tell him,he nods.
"Yes I got accepted to both but I don't know which to choose I mean they're so far away......" I trail off.
"So your turn why were you drinking?" I question.

"Because that's what I feel like doing right now." He tells me and I nod. Leaving it there for now.
"Bri told me the colleges you were accepted to that's great" us having an ok talk even though we should be avoiding each other is nice.
"Of course she did" the humor in his voice fill my heart.
"So which will you choose?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Still nosey huh" I roll my eyes.
"Washington State University" he sits on the grass,he pats a spot next to him and I hesitated he rolls his eyes and points three feet away.
I sit three feet away on the cold wet grass looking at him.

I try to not bring up the Washington matter even though it was hard it's too far. Not like we have a relationship or a friendship.
"At the diner the other day.....sorry" his apology strikes me even though I heard it a million n' one times already.

"Mhm" I hum I want to believe him I do but....
"You should get going" I tell him while trying to get up from the slippery grass. He stands in front of me and stretch forth his hand for me to take. I place my hand in his helping myself up to my feet.

"Thank you" I hand him his jacket as I walk to the front porch. Even though we cut out a majority of our conversation for the sake of not arguing it was nice having a conversation with him.

"Good night" I tell him he nods and walks away as I close the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...
349K 8K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
33.7K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...