Walls of Fire

By Kiwi_McLean

An American wife from Boston abandons her love for her treacherous husband the very next day after their firs... More

1: Raindrops
2: Lavender Perfume
3: Incoming Call
4: Work From Home?
6: Dark Chocolates
7: An Encounter with Lucy
8: Wet Dreams
9: Knock! Knock!
10. Sunset and Wine
11: The Proposal
12: My New Destination
13. Promises
14: His Misery is My Pleasure
15: Advertisement Flyer
16: Sea of Kindness
17: The Aftermath
18: Number One Fashionista
19. My Little Raven
20. Interrogation
21: Cat Fight Turns Ugly
22: The Prom
23: The Enigma behind his Magic Box
24: My Warrior (Epilogue)

5: Mind Games

195 55 78
By Kiwi_McLean

The smell of cooking food is what a serenade is to the ears of musicians.

The rich aroma of the dish wafted down and beckoned me.

This guy is definitely extraordinary.

He refused my help and took the complete responsibility to cook tonight's dinner.

Whereas, never in a million years, Adam made an effort to enter the kitchen and fetched himself a glass of water; obviously cooking food sounded a distant dream. I huffed at the reflection of his wicked face and fixed up my mind not to waste my time on thinking about that worthless person.

James prepared a delicious dinner at night which made me go whoa.

The table laden with delicacies lined the walls. Everything one could think of, and things one had never dreamed of, lied in wait to be tasted.

My mouth watered the moment I spotted the strawberries. Fresh crimson berries covered with a mountain of tangy sweet whipped cream and rich grainy brown sugar covering the sweet airy perfection.

He pulled out the chair for me like a gentleman and offered me to sit.

It was a great way to start the evening.
The food was delicious.

We exchanged our views on various things like science, relationship, love and I got the opportunity to learn a lot about his interests.

Clinging our glasses together, we flashed each other a smile.

"Any woman would be lucky enough to date you." Of course, I meant those words and it was not an instance of flattery.

"Not any woman, I need a woman who is perfect match for me." His words were like vanilla pudding, sweet in their ordinary sort of way. His luxurious and warm American accent filled the air, leaving me to ponder about his ethnicity. Was he a native American? However, I was more eager to know about his dream girl.

"What is there in your list?" I chuckled.

"You will come across a common answer." He finally admitted with a huge grin on his face, "A simple and independent woman who can be with me always, won't betray me, and has to be creative and flexible is my type."

"Now that's a lot. But what's with that 'flexible' thing ?"

His eyes darkened and he leapt on to table locking his gaze with mine.

"A woman who is good in bed and isn't lazy."

"You mean energetic?"

He licked his upper lip sensually and took a sip of white champagne.
Damn!!! Not for a moment, could I avert my eyes from his absolutely kissable pinkish rosebuds.

"Interesting, it implies the fact that you have a high sex drive?"

"Hmm." I watched intendly as the words escaped from between his lips in a teasing fashion.

Ouch!!! Is he trying to seduce me?

"Amy, tell me about wildest fantasies."

I categorised him as a lucid person, but I was proved wrong. He was a tease! A tease which could keep you with the feeling of wanting to fall for his words, and would make you experience a vivid throbbing sensation of moisture formation in between your legs.

He noticed my silence for quite a while and said firmly, "Did you dodge the question?"

"Well, I have none." I replied back instantly. My vacant mind could not have formed a better answer.

Not satisfied with the answer, he arched his eyebrow ready to shoot his next question.

"So you never had a wild dream of being used by two muscular men simultaneously or had any other fantasies involving kinks? It sounds strange because everyone has dirty thoughts. Are you feeling uncomfortable or -" He paused and chuckled, " Are you an alien?"

I shook my head in disagreement.

"So you are an alien?" He cackled with laughter.

"God!! NO." I protested.

"I am sorry but I have never got such an hilarious answer in my life." He glanced at me once with an expression of pity and then bursted into a deep loud hearty laughter again.

My cheeks were flushed and I wasn't expecting this reaction so I chewed my food in silence. Great, I made a fool of myself.

"Are you so innocent that you are not familiar with the terms 'BDSM' or 'temperature play' ?" He slitted the meat with his knife after which he interlocked his eyes with mine and remarked in a mocking tone, "I don't think you are. If it is so, I will do whatever you ask me to even if it requires chopping off my head."

I have heard these things in Fifty Shades of Grey, for certain, but I was willing to take the conversation into a dirty discussion.
Let's see how far it can go.
If he wants to know dig into my brain, he has to earn the right at first.

I snatched a large chicken leg and a large steak. I saturated them in the rich, sweet sauce and popped a large chunk of steak into my mouth. The steak was too thick to chew with my mouth closed, but I tried my best not to spill out the fun. He practically had put a halt to eating just to hear me out. I could bet the wait was killing him and making him more eager for my response. Feeling pity for my roommate, I dabbed my fleshy cheeks with a delicate napkin before speaking in a decent manner, "Enlighten me PLEASE." I kept my lips slightly opened and drew my eyesbrow closer to convey my lack of knowledge about the subject.

He was unusually amused by my response and was lost for words.

"BDSM - Is this some fashion trend introduced by the Kardashians to draw the attention of public? Maybe, I can scroll down my Insta feed to find out." I blinked my eyes continuously in a row waiting for his answer.

"It is obvious you are not into kinks!' He exclaimed with a disgust.

"So it has to do with kinks? I see." I pretended to nervously play with my hair and pronounced with a chuckle,
" 'Temperature play', huh?"

"Tell me Amy, would you like if a man pours hot wax over my nipples until they stand out aching for attention to be pinched and twisted or -"

I gulped and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear to hide my shyness.

"Does the desire of a man melting ice cubes inside of your body turns you on?"

It was a rhetoric question and my body reactions were sufficient to answer him. A rise of temperature occured and my heart began to beat like a racing horse. My nipples stood out in attention, clearly piercing through the thin fabric of his shirt which I was wearing. I was squirming into my place, shifting my body weight side to side occasionally.

Wild images of being dominated by a man occupied my head. I bit my lip a little hard than ever which makes my eyes watery. I inhaled deeply and replied him without looking at his handsome face, "Maybe with the perfect man I can explore more."

His smirk made my body temperature rise up and I could sense a pool of wetness dripping inside my panties.

I had to cough to break the tension in the air.

Maybe, I should not have played out of my boundaries.

My cheeks were still flushed and I couldn't manage to gain the confidence to meet his piercing gaze once again.

I focused on my food and resumed eating.

"I can do the dishes. You should, probably, go to your room and get some sleep." His voice hit my ears.

I leaped up my head and flashed him a ravishing smile.

However, a weird thought bashed my dull head and like a thunderstorm, it eluded my lips in VERY WRONG UNORGANISED FORMAT, "Are you sleeping with me?" The question sounded strange and it was more awkward after the raunchy conversation we shared. But it was not my intention to make him feel uncomfortable.

He narrowed his eyes and scrunched his nose.

"Will we by staying in the same room? I mean, Mr. Black." I giggled softly, trying to make the talk formal inorder to blow off the crisped air.

The idea of getting involved into a sexual act sounded appealing, but I am not that type of a girl who could loosen up easily. On a different note, James Black was a different guy and in my opinion, he wouldn't appreciate the idea of screwing his new roommate. He had the potential to sense my sadness. He was a total 'hubby material' type of a guy any girl would desire for.

"You can use the spare room with the attached bathroom. It is the same room where I had directed you for the shower."

"Thanks."

"Usually, I have my day off on Wednesdays. Make yourself home, Amy."

"But I fear about the fact that I might be the reason for bringing a scratch to your good reputation. What valid identification can I provide when people ask me?"

He scratched his chin for a moment before speaking, "Introduce yourself as my distant-cousin from England."

"How long can I hide this? You know I am legally married to Adam Scott and if anyone sus-."

He interrupted me and said, "I have a friend who is a lawyer. He can look into this case."

"But, are you sure you want the divorce? It is quite a big decision." His voice sounded sober.

"I don't want to see the face of that bastard ever again in my life." I replied in frustration.

With the last bite of the tasty chicken, I thank him again for everything. I bidded him good night and moved inside my new room.

Though it was a small room, it was well maintained and was pretty much in a good state. As he had mentioned, it had an attached bathroom.

I jumped on the bed and pulled on the blankets. Soon, I drifted into a tranquil sleep after a weary day.

Next morning I woke up to the steady patter of rain upon my window, droplets yet to scatter the nascent rays of rising sun. The world seemed as silent as if it ended in the night. No sound of a living soul reached my ears!! The soothing melody of the tiny water droplets brought a calmness to my mind and acted as a natural lullaby.

"A refreshing morning." I stretched my arms in the air and looked around. It wasn't my room. I had

I freshened up and took the initiative to unpack my things.

"Need a hand?"

The voice startled me but I was quick to recognise it to be James's. Besides, he was the only person, except me in the house.

I spinned around to face him and greeted him "Good morning." I scolded him. "James, you did startle me."

"Haha...Sorry, there is nothing I can do much about my inherited habits."

"Is the fact of being an early riser included in the package of yours as well?"

"I think so. How was your sleep?"

"Was missing you." I winked.

"Oh really? Do you need a hand here?" His gaze fell on the scattered clothes on the floor.

"I appreciate your help but I can manage here."

"So your day one begins form today right?"

"Don't worry I will make you a cup of coffee once I finish here."

"A cup of coffee with less sugar is what I need to function in the morning. Bring it in my room, I will be in my study."

He filled me with the details and soon walked out of the room.

Speedily, I unburdened the rest of the load from my bag and arranged my room accordingly. After a one hour of continuous hard work, I was glistening with sweat but the result was satisfactory. I was content with myself.

A quick shower was what I needed before starting on with the day. I selected to wear a sheer nightie made up of synthetic for the day. Finally, I prepared two cups of hot coffee for us and took it to his room as instructed.

"Sir here I am. May I come in?" I asked for his permission before entering.

"COME IN." His voice was harsh and cold as if I just made a mistake. Perhaps, he was mad at me for making him wait so long.

I tiptoed into his room and reached his side.

"I have few rules here." He took a deep breath before speaking, "You can keep the cup on my study table."

I obeyed his instruction.

"This is not a rule but 'll pay you at the end of the month. I know what your response will be but Amy, believe me, you will learn to take pride in yourself to be able to be financially independent."

"James, that's so thoughtful." A smile stained upon my lips.

"Now for the rules," he cleared his throat before making the announcement and spoke decently, "Rule no. 1: Don't call me SIR, Mrs.Scott. Rule no.2: You Don't need permission to enter my room."

"Rule no.3," He was scanning my body like a robot. I could assume he was taking a pleasure in making me nervous with his words. "Don't wear sheer nighties or anything semi-transparent when I am around."

The last rule didn't seem to make sense but still I decided to nod my head.
Do I make him aroused?
Is he attracted to me?
I bit my lower lip to hide my heightened excitement.

"If you bite your lips so much, certainly, they will start to bleed."

"And?" I enquired nervously.

"And you wouldn't like it unless you are a fan of pain." He whispered into my ears making me gasp and it instantly blew me wet.

"Are we clear here, honey?"

"Yes James."

"You may go and enjoy your day after you finish with the chores."

Once he handed me the list with the assignments, I ambled out of the room and slapped the door behind.

He has got such an effect on me.
I took some deep breaths to calm myself. My mind could not get rid of his strong presence.

I stared down at the long list and decided to concentrate on my work.
Double checking the list, I began with my day's chores. Washing, cooking, sweeping, mopping.....Yes, I was exhausted by the time I ticked the check box of the last task.

But even in between this working hours, I peered at his room occassionally, waiting for him to walk outside inorder to check on me. However, it seemed like he was inordinately engrossed in his study.

"Lunch is ready." I bellowed out.

I rested my body against the wooden dinning table and focused my gaze on the door. No reply came by!! I stood maintaining the posture for five minutes which felt like one hour. At last, I gave in and began to arrange the dishes on the table waiting for his company.

"Good Afternoon."

A sudden kind of happiness flooded though my system the moment I heard his deep masculine voice. I turned my head back to answer him. "Good afternoon to you too Mr.Black."

"Sorry for the delay. I had to make some important phone calls which took most of my time. I hope the list wasn't too long. How was the experience?"

"Possibly, I tried my best. I am worn-out to be honest. Adam had hired a maid who would help me with most of my jobs. I never imagined this job would be so tiresome." The answer followed by with a huge sigh.

"Do you want to resign? Should I reduce the tasks? Don't worry I won't deduct a cent from your monthly salary." He looked anxious.

"I think this job will help me to lose my weight."

Even my eyes was busy with the task of serving the dishes in the plates, I could say he was smiling.

"Wow Amy, we have many dishes here."

"Yep, I didn't want to miss the chance to please you and be a little competitive on this ground of cooking."

I didn't realise he was standing behind me. As a result, the moment when I turned around my body, I noticed his face was placed dangerously close to mine. His warm breath on my face was driving me insane and making my core throb. I withdrew back my body and stepped back to avoid unnecessary trouble but owing to my bad fortune, I trembled. Luckily, before my body had the chance to hit the ground, he wrapped his hand around my waist and held me steadily.

"Be careful, Amy."

Our eyes interlocked for a brief moment and I felt the sparks in my body.
Soon, I stood back on my feet and spinned back immediately to hide my reddened face.

"Food has been served." I shook my head to avoid all the unnecessary images building up in my cerebral.

"I am delighted to have acquired the chance to taste the dishes you have cooked." He led out a crinkled smile and settled himself in the chair.

"Bon appetite"

"Ain't you planning to eat?" He cocked his eyebrow.

"Later."

"Nah, Accompany me."

"Is this an Order?"

"Consider it to be." His voice was commanding and demanding.

I arranged my plate as well and took my seat opposite to him.

"Now it is perfect."
The expression of satisfaction was clearly written over his face.

James nibbled a bite of the omlette, cheesy with dark leafy greens and he paused.

"Not good?" I said in a dull voice.

"Holy. That tastes great. May I know what it is the 'green stuff' actually?"

"Stinging nettle, chives and dandelion leaves." I answered back.

"You are a good cook, Amy."

I gave a shrug and said proudly, "Chuck out the stems from the dandelions, boil the rest together for a few minutes, cold water, squeeze, chop. That's it. Sting all gone. Eat what wants to grow, easy. On a different note, you know it yourself Mr.Black, I am not better than you."

"Hard to say, we have a tough competition here Mrs. Scott." I was upset with the repetition of the surname which kept in ringing bells about Adam in my head.

"James, if you don't mind, can you avoid using the surname 'Scott' ?"

"As you wish Miss Amy." He winked.

We didn't speak much but everytime his eyes caught mine, a chill ran down my spine.

"Amy, I can do the dishes."

"Ummm.." I nodded my head.

He was there all the time supporting me and helping me out with my chores, only to make things easier for a newbie like me.

After completing my lunch, I gathered up the plates and walked to the sink to deposit the plates.

"I think you have forgetten about your dates."

I ceased on my way to gape at him.

"My date?" I answered with a puzzled face.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 6.4K 45
Diana Prichard learned early on about how much of a bitch life could be. Forced to abandon the one she loves and marry a monster to save her father...
62.5K 4.4K 52
[18+ COMPLETED] BOOK 2 A war that destroyed the world. It came and it went, leaving death and chaos in its wake. In the resulting turmoil England ha...
1.1K 107 24
"You guys I had the most epic night," I say as I take my seat, sipping from my bottle of coke and then I glance round the table and I see him, I almo...
244 33 14
A Tale of One Woman, Two dudes and Enough Detours to Make a GPS Cry Julia Jones thought she had her life mapped out. But then, like any good road tri...