The Fallen Dragon King.

By ZBX6779

Issei has been suffering for 19 years straight until he snaps. From weakest to badass. this is my first fanfi... More

part 1. prologue
part 2. full 180.
part 3. confrontation
part 4. exposed.
part 5. unofficial rating game.
part 7. broken.
part 8. return.
part 9. reunion
part 10. hello Sona.
part 11. murderers.
part 12 new love
part 13. red dragon and black cat.
part 14. research and plumage.
part 15. gift and little kitten.
part 16. unwanted attention
part 17. the first fallen king.
part 18. training
part 19. the 8.
part 20. the queen.
part 21. dinner and stories.
part 22. well deserved laughs.
part 23. sharing the memories of the past.
part 24. chess
part 25. sparring match.
part 26. red vs yellow
part 27. Sitri gets owned.
part 28. a real match.
part 29. eternal bond.
part 30. the plan and the threat.
part 31 Loki
part 32. JUGGERNAUT DRIVE
part 33: aftermath
part 34. unavoidable conversation and craziness.
part 35, new beginnings. epilogue.

part 6. showdown

27.3K 250 32
By ZBX6779

Issei promoted to rook, he and Riser charged at each other and both took a punch to the face. Both stumbled back but Riser recovered quickly and went in for another punch, Issei dodged to the side and parried his punch them countered with a punch to Riser's temple. This disoriented Riser and gave time for Issei to bust up Riser's knee. He kicked is Riser's knee and the crack sound was very audible and so was Riser's scream. Koneko and Asia flinched at the sound. Riser's healing factor kicked in and his knee healed completely, Riser then kicked Issei only for it to me blocked, Issei broke his leg again then tossed Riser through a boulder. Issei picked up a large rock and tossed it at Riser, Riser dodged it but didn't expect a small rock coming towards him at super speed, the rock went right through his chest but he healed almost instantly.

But Riser was getting angry stopped holding back, he charged at Issei faster than before and punched him in the face, Issei was sent through several trees but got back up and made his way to Riser. This time Riser sent fire balls at him and actually hit Issei directly in his chest, the burning sensation made Issei scream from the physical pain. He was breathing heavily after that and didn't notice Riser about to tackle him to the ground. Issei looked at Riser and saw the face of a pissed off Phoenix way too close to dodge. Riser tackled him to the ground and engulfed his one hand in flames while the other one chocked Issei. Issei could barely breath and his rook promotion timed out.

Riser: you fought well boy but you lose. Rias will be mine and I'll have fun torturing you starting now.

Riser pressed his flamming fist on Issei's chest and started burning Issei without killing him. Issei could barely let out a scream since Riser was chocking him, that hot burning sensation was the same as that day he was killed by that fallen angel and now he's reliving it again. Issei's eyes rolled to the back of his head and Riser stopped thinking he killed Issei.

Riser: whoops. Looks like he's dead.

Everyone was staring at Issei who was laying their motionless while Riser just stood there and grinned at his victory. Rias got up and flared her aura from rage but it vanished after a few seconds and Rias broke down crying and so did the rest of her team.

Riser: no need to cry for such a weakling.

That's when everyone felt a dark energy and it was enough to make Riser tense. They looked at the source and saw that it was coming from Issei who was now standing. Riser backed away and started to sweat. Issei emitted a dark red aura what no one would have expected, even Sirzechs and Grafia along with Riser's parents. Issei looked at Riser with killing intend and said the 2 words that no one will forget.

Issei: BALANCE BREAK.

A full red gauntlet appeared on Issei's arm and his energy skyrocketed and what everyone saw was a red dragon with green eyes appear behind Issei, it let out a loud powerful roar and descended upon Issei embracing him. A red light revealed Issei clad in full red armour with the very same metallic whip like tail he hit Riser with but bigger and stronger, a pair of red dragon wings and a helmet with two golden horns, two golden spikes protruding from his elbows. The spikes were hollow.

Issei officially made his debut as the red dragon emperor for the devil king and Phoenix clan.

Rias: Issei you're..... Damn

Issei ignored her and ignited his thrusters and flapped his wings at once which sent him rocketing towards Riser and round house kicked him in the ribs easily breaking them. Issei then upper cut Riser and sent him several meters into the air, before Riser could even spread his fire wings Issei appeared from above and kicked him straight down, Riser hit the ground with enough force to create a small crater. Issei landed next to Riser to see if we still conscious and to his pleasure he was. Riser stood up weakly and was breathing heavily.

Riser:...so.....this...is what you meant....by having...a surprise. Ha

Riser took more deep breaths to steady himself.

Riser: not bad at all kid but YOU WON'T WIN.

Riser gathered a massive fireball in his hands above his head. Issei choose to strike before Riser scorched the field and everyone on it, Issei readied his claws and from the spikes on his elbow erupted flames, Issei went straight for Riser and pierced his chest with the help of the thrusts on his elbows. Issei grabbed Riser's heart and said

Issei: give up or die painfully.

Riser: are you stupid or something? Crushing my heart won't do anything. I'll just regenerate you fool. HAHAHAHAHA

Issei: I warned you.

Issei began squeezing Riser's heart and twisted it without damaging it. Riser suddenly started shaking and screaming from the pain.

Riser: WHAT ARE YOU DOING? IT HURTS DAMN IT LET GO. WHY DOES IT HURT?

Issei: that's because I'm not crushing your heart, just stopping the blood flow enough to hurt but not kill. Right now your regeneration is useless since there's no damage other than my arm going through your chest. I'm giving you a heart attack.

Riser: ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I GIVE UP. YOU WIN NOW LET GO. PLEASE.

Issei: alright but only because you said please. Issei tossed Riser aside and Riser retired.

Grayfia: Riser Phoenix has surrendered. Rias Gremory wins.

No body could believe that Issei went from being one of the weakest to being strong enough to beat Riser who is a well known high class devil all on his own.

Issei dispelled his armour and only the gauntlet remained.

Ddraig: well done partner. Achieving complete balance breaker on your first attempt is a feat that none of my previous hosts have achieved. Be proud.

Issei was clearly drained of almost all his energy after using his balance breaker and going all out against Riser.

Issei: thanks Ddraig.

Issei walked towards a tree and sat down then leaned on it to try and to catch his breath. Rias and the others took their sweet time to come to their senses but then again they can't be blamed as the situation did a full 180° and they won. After processing what happened, Rias got up and ran towards Issei, Issei gave her a glare that stopped her mid way then closed his eyes.

Rias just stood there feeling conflicted. So many emotions but none greater than regret and sorrow. Sirzechs appeared along with Grayfia and Riser's parents. Issei stood up and bowed to them since he still respected them.

Sirzechs: Issei I am truly impressed by what you just did. Congratulations.

Issei: thank you my Lord.

Sirzechs: Issei I already told you that you're like my brother so no need to be formal with me.

Issei: yeah sorry Sirzechs. You are the devil king after all. Ha

Sirzechs: well that's true. So Issei I was thinking since you turned the tide, I'll grant you any wish you desire.

Issei: I.......thank you but if it's alright with you then can I have some time to think about it?

Sirzechs: Of course you can. Now as for the rest of you, go get your injuries checked except for you Rias, you should stay.

Rias: ....alright....

Akeno, Asia, Koneko and Kiba go to the medical room via teleportation.

Riser's parents came forward.

RF( Riser's father): Issei and Rias, we want to apologize for everything our son has put you through.

RM(Riser's mother): if there's any thing we can do to make it up to you then let us know.

Issei: we appreciate the offer but there's no need. What matters is that it's all over and no one will know.

RF: I hope I'm not wrong to say this but I'm glad you won.

Issei and Rias looked at him with surprise.

RF: Riser was too full of himself and despite our best efforts to teach him on humility and respect but hopefully his loss with teach him that lesson. Well we better get going and check on Riser and Ravel. Take care.

They both teleport away leaving Grayfia, Sirzechs, Issei and Rias.

Grayfia: now will someone care to explain that happened to your team Rias? They were barely as good as their usual selves.

Sirzechs: yes do tell.

Both of them were dead serious. Even though it was hard Rias told the truth of everything that happened in the past 5 years.

Both Grayfia and Sirzechs were livid at how Rias treated Issei but calmed down enough to think rationally after hearing the recent events a few days prior to the match.

Sirzechs: I'm really disappointed in you Rias, normally I'd punish you by handing over your territory of Kuoh to Sona Sitri and revoke your high class status but I think you've been punished enough. Issei I'm sorry that you went through all that but why didn't you come to us about this? If you were so unhappy and no longer loved Rias I would have done something.

Issei: I did it because I owed her for saving my life even though she was partly the reason behind my death but I didn't want to trouble you something like that.

Grayfia: you think that what you went through was little? You suffered for 5 years and 14 before that. You suffered every step of the way.

Issei: yeah but no more. I'm done. I saved her life like she saved mine so now we are even and I'm no longer the weakling everyone knew.

Sirzechs: you did get strong and to be the red dragon emperor. Wow. It was awesome.

Issei: thanks. Well we should all go home. Is that alright with you?

Grayfia: that's right. You have school tomorrow but it's understandable if you want to take a day or two off.

Issei: I actually want to. There's something I need to do there.

Rias: like what?

Issei: you'll see. It's going to be fun.

Grayfia: fun for whom?

Issei: I guess we'll see.

Sirzechs: alright you two go home and get checked by the medical team then go home. Both Issei and Rias bowed then left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.1K 794 32
A High School DxD fanfiction, in which our Main Character Issei Hyoudou undergoes a traumatic experience that causes a change in his outlook on life...
34K 441 17
This was originally going to be a sequel to my first story called The fallen Dragon king but I decided that this will be a seperate story entirely. ...
1.9K 16 8
Issei along with his best friend licht are brought to the supernatural world a year and a half before canon starts. Being stronger and smarter they w...
30.2K 607 13
Issei Hyoudou, a young man who holds the title of the Red Dragon Emperor, realizes that he has been used as a tool to free Rias from her arranged mar...