The Heirs

Da shruthii

"Do you have a death wish? You cannot seriously be thinking of going there? That place, those people... they... Altro

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 01 - RUNAWAY BRIDE
CHAPTER 02 - LIES
CHAPTER 03 - ARCTIC BLUE EYES
CHAPTER 04 - KING'S PET
CHAPTER 05 - KIDNAPPED
CHAPTER 06 - STAR ESSENCE
CHAPTER 07 - VENGEFUL PREDATOR
CHAPTER 08 - DECISIONS
CHAPTER 09 - HOUND
CHAPTER 10 - MISLEAD
CHAPTER 11 - THE GRANDPARENTS
CHAPTER 13 - LIGHTNING BOLT
CHAPTER 14 - ESCAPE
CHAPTER 15 - SHE IS MINE
CHAPTER 16 - HER NAME
CHAPTER 17 - LYCORIANS
CHAPTER 18 - PURE SOUL
CHAPTER 19 - REGRETS
CHAPTER 20 - PLANS
CHAPTER 21 - MR BLACK
CHAPTER 22 - SECRETS
CHAPTER 23 - FRENEMIES
CHAPTER 24 - TRUST
CHAPTER 25 - BOON
CHAPTER 26 - HOUSE OF CARDS
CHAPTER 27 - COLLATERAL DAMAGE
CHAPTER 28 - DISRESPECT
CHAPTER 29 - CHOICE
CHAPTER 30 - CONTROL
CHAPTER 31 - GAMES
CHAPTER 32 - FOCUSED
CHAPTER 33 - TWO MOTHER'S TALES
CHAPTER 34 - REASON WITH
CHAPTER 35 - LIBERI
CHAPTER 36 - WHO PLAYED WHOM?

CHAPTER 12 - THE CHILDREN

1.8K 130 56
Da shruthii

What's up Lovelies?

Chapter 12 is here and it is dedicated to @thefaultinthewriter :D

****

FENUGREEK:

I have seen fenugreek being consumed the most when a girl get's her first period or when she becomes a new mom. It's soaked in the water overnight and drunk or a medicine is prepared where fenugreek is the main ingredient. The reason behind this is that it reduces period pain and it's given to nursing women after they had a baby because studies have shown that it enhances milk production in new mothers.

Fenugreek has also got antidiabetic properties that control blood glucose levels and improve insulin sensitivity. As a pain reliver it helps in soothing muscle pain and childbirth pains.

Since it reduces blood sugar level, we have to be cautious as we do not want it to dip too low.

____

"There is no hate such as that born out of love betrayed- and my brain screamed out for revenge."
V.C. Andrews,

____

CHAPTER 12 – THE CHILDREN

"What are you going to do about her?" Brody demanded, watching her. Aware of his gaze, Cyane pretended to study the graffiti art on the wall.

It took her a moment to understand what was the art about. Until she made out the words which read 'FUCK ROYALTY.' To give further emphasis to their thoughts, there was an artwork of throne-like seat, which was set on fire!

She was a royal and she knew it was offensive but if the photo was done for the reigning royal family of Aelius, then Cyane completely agreed with their thoughts.

"I have got a call from Sire. He wants me and Grayson to come to his office now. I have to leave. Can you take care of her until then?" Xanthos asked Brody.

"Umm... I am going to the gym and later to the arena. You want me to take her there with me?" Brody looked stunned.

Through the corner of her eyes, Cyane watched Xanthos shrug as a reply and then say, "Try contacting her brother."

"Yeah. Okay. Hey, you have got any idea what the meeting is about?" Brody enquired.

"None as of now" Grayson replied, before asking, "Where's Miki?"

"No idea. He said he had some work and just left. He wouldn't say anything else" Brody frowned. "Are you sure about me taking her to the gym? Guys would be staring at her" Brody murmured lowly, but Cyane could hear him loud and clear.

"Then give them a reason why they shouldn't!" With that said, Xanthos left while Grayson and Brody chuckled.

"See you later" Grayson slapped Brody's arm and turned to leave. However, when he saw Cyane on the stairs, he waved at her.

When he walked off, Cyane descended the stairs and saw him getting into an SUV. Xanthos was already in the driver's seat and Cyane furrowed her brows, disliking the thought of him leaving her here alone.

He was going to meet the king. Why was King so important to him? Didn't he realize the King was a bad man?

Lowering the window, Xanthos turned to look at her. His face remained expressionless while Cyane openly scowled at him. His eyes then flickered towards Brody and after nodding once at his friend, he drove off.

None of your business Cyane, she reminded herself. What Xanthos and his friends did was none of her business. Besides, she knew who he was. He was a criminal and king's pet as Elliot put it. She shouldn't be bothered by his choices at all. It was his life and he could do whatever he wanted.

But she didn't like the thought of them leaving. What if they went after Minerva? That was less likely to happen at the moment because Minerva would have gone by now.

She just had to bear them for a few more hours and then, she would escape from here, she swore to herself as she turned to walk upstairs.

"Umm... Cookie" Brody called and Cyane turned to look at him with a frown. "This way" he gestured with his hand.

Sighing, Cyane descended the stairs again.

___

Everyone stared when she entered the gym. Everyone. Brody growled at a few of them and then gestured her to sit on a bench.

"Who is she?" one guy, with a perfectly toned body, stepped forward to ask Brody.

"Xan's girl" Cyane frowned at Brody's reply because that was the one way she didn't want to be described as.

The guy raised his hand in surrender and once again, Cyane realized that Xanthos's name invoked fear here. People stepped back when he stepped in.

No one else bothered to ask about her after that but they kept staring at her. Brody was a gym instructor here in this gym that had no other woman present. She watched him train and was fascinated by how people worked hard to stay fit.

Some guys were showing off for her but eventually ended up hurting themselves, unable to bear the weight or the speed.

Loud music was playing and the place was reeking of sweat. Eventually, the scent made her nauseous and so, she went out to stand in the balcony and look at the busy street.

Brody noticed and to keep her entertained he gave her his phone and asked her to contact her brother. Smiling, she took the phone and contacted Minerva instead.

Minerva: I am going to the lion's den today evening. Dad is taking me there now!

Cyane: Be safe. Be smart.

Minerva: I will 😊

Before Cyane could type her something else, another text from Minerva popped up.

Minerva: Thank-you for not doubting my abilities.

Cyane: Why would I? You are kickass!

Cyane had to stifle her giggle when Minerva replied with a winking face emoji.

Cyane: This is your first fight?

Cyane believed that's why Minerva was at unease. However, since she had recently beaten up several wolves, was completely at ease and she felt stronger. She was also confident in Minerva's abilities because she had seen Minerva training and she knew Minerva had some strong moves that could help her in taking down Ash.

Minerva: With someone who is not a friend? Yes.

Cyane: You are going to be a queen. Show him why!

Minerva: You are just the right person to talk to about this.

Cyane: I know 😉

When she felt Brody moving towards her, she quickly said bye to Minerva and deleted the message.

He typed his question in Norwegian, asking her about her brother's whereabouts. She replied that he wouldn't be back for another day.

Nodding Brody then asked her to wait and told her that he was going to take her to lunch.

Cyane sighed and then closed her eyes.

The fairies worshipped several gods but the Sylvan clan believed one to be the sovereign and that was God Supreme. There was no gender, no shape or form to God Supreme. They were considered as light— a bright golden light like the sun. There was no holy place of worship for God Supreme but their throne rooms, as well as the courtrooms, were built with no ceilings and walls because they wanted God Supreme to be watching over them.

Holding the stone railings, Cyane prayed for Minerva's safety. She prayed for God to be with Minerva and Gideon and to protect them.

•••

Skyla Vallone sat at the end of the table and watched in complete silence as the legal team of Ash's latest probable business partner discussed between themselves the terms of the non-disclosure agreement their client had to sign before actually meeting Acheron himself.

Humans. The lot of them.

Capable, knowledgeable and not in any way connected to King Stanislaus. Skyla had done her research because she wanted Ash's identity to be a secret. There had been times when King Stanislaus had sent his spies but Skyla had successfully managed to pick them out every single time and kill their purpose before they got anywhere close to this particular room in her office.

She could hear their murmurs but she refused to react to it.

Mr Anthony Wurschil, a grey-haired man, cleared his throat and began, "My client is very interested in the deal and is willing to sign the NDA. However, just so we are clear, I have to ask, is associating with Mr Zeke going to be a threat to my client?"

"I can assure you it won't. He will be safe and we have a security team already on board for Mr Landecker" Skyla answered smoothly.

"Yes. You have mentioned it in here" Mr Wurschil said tapping the agreement paper. "Which is why I am asking, why the 24/7 security team?"

Skyla smiled and then answered, "My client, Mr Zeke, as you all know is a software developer but he has started off wanting to be a hacker which is why he always encourages young hackers to come forward and display their talent. To prove their worth, hackers tend to go a bit overboard and they will try to breach into not just our security, but yours too. However, there is another category of hackers who just simply love the challenge and who love taunting and playing. Mr Zeke is very good at bringing them down. He has a whole team of experts on it. However, he fears these people may not take kindly to being trapped in their own game. I believe his concerns are aptly placed, which is why we have the Knox Security team for full protection of Mr Landecker and his family."

It was a practised answer and Skyla knew she could say it even in her sleep.

"It also says in here that the security team will last for six more months after all the terms of the deal are fulfilled. Why is that?" Mr Wurschil asked.

"Well, once the project is complete and is successful, many competitors would come forward. They would hound Mr Landecker for information about the deal and some more, which is why the additional six months for things to mellow down" Skyla replied coolly.

"And even after the six months are complete, my client, Mr Landecker is never to answer any questions regarding your client to anyone. He is to neither promote Mr Zeke's company nor share information about the deal to any person in any medium?" Mr Wurschil's grey brows were furrowed.

"Correct" Skyla answered flatly.

"May I ask why this particular clause?" Mr Wurschil's assistant, a middle-aged lady, questioned.

"You can ask but I do not have to answer," Skyla said with a smile. Mr Wurschil laughed and then neatly stacking up the legal documents, he put them inside his leather folder. Sighing, she continued, "It's my client's wish to be incognito and as his lawyer, I have to safeguard his interests."

They discussed a couple of more things until Mr Wurschil agreed.

"We will mail you the signed NDA at the earliest. A physical copy of the same will be sent through the post. It was gracious of you to see us in such short notice, Thank-you Mrs Vallone for your time" Mr Wurschil said politely as he stood up and after shaking hands with Skyla, he and his legal team elegantly walked out of the room.

Once they were well out of her earshot, Skyla picked up her phone and dialled Acheron.

"Morning" he greeted her from the other side.

"Morning. I have great news, Landecker is ready to sign the NDA" Skyla shared as she stacked up all the papers and began filing them.

"No further problems for us?" Ash questioned.

"None. Landecker is desperate. His legal team revealed the actual loss he suffered because of phishing and it is huge enough to create a serious dent. Right now, all he wants is a watertight software. He might have further demands, from you, but I have agreed to give a date to the meeting only after I receive the duly signed NDA" Skyla said as she walked back into her office.

"Good. Did you ask them to send the detailed report on the phishing attack?" Ash demanded.

"I did and it will be at your table this evening if you are coming home. I looked into the report and the only thing that made sense to me was that a female employee had clicked on the click baits. When your computer brain reads the whole report, do share with me the findings, Izara would be interested to know" Skyla suggested. Izara Vallone was Skyla's twelve-year-old daughter and a huge fan of Acheron.

"Of course," there was amusement in his tone and Skyla smiled. "I will be unavailable for the next few hours, don't call me until it's urgent."

___

Thirty minutes later, Skyla's phone rang again and she noticed it was her brother-in-law, Irwin. He was her mate, Ivan's, twin brother and probably the only other person in the world, who felt like they had lost a part of their soul when Ivan had been unfairly executed.

While Ivan had once been part of the king's bodyguard, Irwin had not been interested in fighting and had been working as a hotel staff in another country. In the process, most people had forgotten that Ivan had a twin and it worked well to their advantage because once he had found out what had happened to his twin, Irwin had returned home and had been seeking King's blood ever since.

It was Irwin, who had noted Ash first and had encouraged Skyla to make a move to help Ash because Irwin had felt that Ash was someone who could cruelly punish King Stanislaus and so far, Ash hadn't disappointed either of them.

"What's up?" she asked, her eyes still on the screen of the legal document she had been reading.

"Call Ash. He is going to have visitors tonight" Irwin murmured and Skyla stiffened. "I just saw a father-daughter duo hiring a boat."

Irwin worked in the dockyard and was the one who informed Skyla and others if anyone else tried to make a move towards Ash's mansion on the island.

"Gideon," Skyla said as realization dawned on her.

"Yes. I somehow managed to convince them that the next free boat will be there at seven p.m. You have to get Ash back to the mansion before that... unnoticed."

"I am going to call him right now," Skyla said and then as their usual practise, she quickly gave one long missed call to Ash, knowing he would call her back the moment he is available again.

By the next hour, she was getting agitated because Ash hadn't called her back. She knew he would the moment he checked his phone but the fact that he didn't yet means he was needed somewhere else. She knew better than to call him again.

Gritting her teeth, she paced the length of the room and tried to calm her nerves. Her eyes immediately went to the photo of her mate holding their daughter. Izara had been three years old when she had lost the father she had adored. For a while, after she had lost Ivan, Skyla had wished for death too but it was Izara who had kept her going all these years and Izara who was her source of strength.

Nine years ago, there had been an arson on one wing of the palace. No one knows who had set the fire however Skyla suspected King Stanislaus and his wife had planned it so that they could get the insurance money.

Ivan had been charged with arson and theft and Skyla had to helplessly watch her mate being executed. She had gone to Lysander for help and he had obliged but before he could gather enough proofs of Ivan's innocence, the king had gone ahead with the execution because he had wanted speedy justice.

Skyla had sworn vengeance and along with Lysander Zeke, she had tried to convince the people that her mate had been an innocent but the people had already tagged her mate as a murderer and had shunned their family. Lysander had tried to help but when Skyla had noticed that his family were also getting unjustly attacked, she had publicly broken her alliance with him and walked away with her daughter and family to finish her master's degree in law. However, she hadn't forgotten or forgiven what had happened to Ivan.

When Ash had been falsely accused, she had come to his help on Irwin's suggestion, and when she had won his case, it felt like a personal victory against King Stanislaus. She wasn't a criminal lawyer but she had a friend who had been and that friend had fought for Ash on her behalf.

Over the years, Ash had proven to be a constant friend and supporter. He had also employed her three brothers, all of whom worked for Ash against the king.

Thirty minutes later, Ash called her and Skyla answered it almost immediately. "This better be good" he murmured.

"Your guest has arranged for visitors" Skyla stated, placing her hands on the table. "How the hell did they know of your current location?"

"He sent her a clue."

"And you let him?" Skyla was outraged.

"I warned him of the consequences," Ash replied silkily and Skyla's dark eyes widened in alarm. She respected Lysander because he was an honest man who had genuinely tried to fight for her, but Ash didn't. Ash hated anyone who came between him and the king and he hated Lysander for always being a thorn.

"Ash" she began.

"Remember where your loyalties are Skyla" Ash reminded her.

"Minerva is Gideon's mate. The bond will be strong, trust me I know" Skyla said slowly. "And you have kidnapped him. No mate is going to sit back in silence when that happens!"

"This one will."

"She is Lysander's daughter, there is no way he would teach his daughter to suffer in silence" Skyla added.

"Then I cannot wait to see how good of a fighter she is. They want her to become the queen and I want—"

"You are someone who wants to destroy the chessboard once the king is killed" Skyla finished because she knew all about Ash's game.

"No more players. No more games. When my game is over, no one will be allowed to play with anyone ever again" Ash swore viciously.

"But Lysander—"

"For you, I will give him one chance. If he continues to come between my game, then I will kill that knight before I kill the king" Ash warned and Skyla nodded even though she knew Ash couldn't see her.

"You have to be home before seven," she said as she began to turn off her computer.

"To welcome my new guests, I will be there before six" with that said, Ash cut the call. Shaking her head, Skyla zipped her handbag and informed Lachlan because if there was one person, who was strong enough to take down Ash even in his wolf form, then it was Lachlan Knox and Skyla had a strong feeling, Ash would lose control to his wolf the moment he sees Lysander.

Lysander and Ash would never get together to take down King because their end goal was completely different. While Lysander wanted to rebuild the kingdom, Ash wanted to tear it down. Though Skyla liked Lysander's dream for the king, she still chose to support Ash because the people of the Aelius were as much responsible for her mate's death as the king.

•••

Far from civilization, far from the families battling for the throne and on the land that was known to be the pulse of the earth, the Sylvan mountains soared up to kiss the sky and divide the island of Clara Collis into two halves. It was said that God chose this mountain as his first step when he descended the earth.

Tall, green and unmoving, the mountains had borne witness to the rise and fall of the royal family of Zeke. They stood in an uneven graph with flatlands surrounding them, so that they could be visible for miles around in a picturesque landscape that could be described with one and only one word- beautiful!

Covered with thick green trees, that were home to several animal species and medicinal plants, the Sylvan mountain was also the birthplaces of rivers Harmony and Sapphire that were the lifeblood of the island of Clara Collis.

On the foothills of one such mountain peak, surrounded by thick green forests, a rock outcrop rose sharply and purposefully with an eleven feet wide opening at the face, leading to a cave, that was hidden to the other creatures living in the island. Bound by powerful spells, it was invisible to the werewolves, fairies and the humans alike.

A chill engulfed the entrance of the cave, a warning of the absence of light within it. Irregular shaped sharp rocks bedded the ground in between the rough, cold stone walls. A centipede crawled leisurely on the rock until its movement was killed in one swift swipe of the cave toad's tongue.

The toad jumped into the water of the narrow stream that led to a small pool of water within the cave, beyond which larger, round-shaped rocks were scattered all over, past which there was a clearing. In one corner of the clearing, there was a slightly raised surface of the land in which a hunched figure stepped over.

Hair that gleamed silver and pale skin that hung loose on her frail body, Victoria's true age was unknown to her audience for she was born long before them. With nose bent like a bird's beak and long hair that hung around her unsmiling face, she scanned the area with sharp, bead-like eyes. Clad in an unfitting dark blue blouse and long, maroon skirt that were old and tattered, she curled her lips into an angry snarl over her toothless gums as she stared at the crowd in front of her.

"You failed again" she spat out, glaring at the creatures standing miserably on the clearing below. "When will it get into your thick, worthless brains that for my daughter, your mother to wake up, we need the princess?"

There was a painful whine as the creatures, fondly called as Liberi by the mother who created them, lowered themselves into submission when they were unable to withstand the hatred in Victoria's gaze.

Eyes that were the colour of blood and skin a dull grey Liberi were products of a sorceress's dark magic.

"Sixty-two years ago, former fairy queen Varya had attacked my daughter, Georgia and cursed her to fall into this comatose stage" Victoria, a very powerful witch of her time, thundered, an arm extending towards her daughter who lay peacefully in a stone slab.

Dark hair spread on the green fern, long lashes fluttered close on soft cheeks that were now pale, Georgia had been in the same position for the past six decades after falling victim to Queen Varya's attack.

"And now, we have a chance. For the past fifteen years, I have been telling you that we have a chance to finally awaken your mother" Victoria cried in anguish, clutching the buttons of her blouse. "Varya's great-granddaughter is born with the same abilities as her. Cyane is Varya's heir in every way that matters to us and she alone can bring Georgia back to life. Don't you want your mother to wake up?"

Victoria watched as the Liberi, who knelt on the ground, stand up to nod eagerly.

Liberi— which meant children in Latin, was just that. They were children created by Georgia to kill every one of the royal Zeke blood and wipe out the entire werewolf species.

After embracing the dark side, Georgia had locked herself in this very cave for ten years and when she had stepped out of the cave, she had her ten sons with her who were the result of her desire for vengeance against the royal Zeke family, who were responsible for not just killing her fiancé a day before their wedding but also responsible for her child to be stillborn.

But Georgia was no God and when God's children had flaws, Georgia's children were no exception!

Liberi were half-animal and half-human. Their torso resembled that of a lynx while their tails curved like that of a reptile in their animal form. They had bright red eyes and an ability to crawl on the walls. Though they had sharp and piercing claws, the Liberi in their human and animal form, were unable to differentiate people from their body odour and instead depended on the scent of blood.

Out of the original ten sons of Georgia, six were still alive to this day and it is through these six son's that their number continued to grow. Any human bitten by a Liberi would turn into one within forty-eight hours and the army of hundred present in the cave, where all victims of such bites.

There was a time when they were known and feared by everyone in the outside world but when Georgia fell, Victoria had brought them back to the cave and protected them from the rest of the world. The stories of their existence were not even a myth anymore because no one believed in their existence. Instead, they had been forgotten.

But Victoria, a dark witch, hadn't forgotten what had happened to her daughter. When the Liberi began hunting down werewolves, the coward wolves had run to the then Lycorian queen Varya for help.

Varya, who had been able to communicate with the Pure Soul of the Lycoris clan, was an incredibly powerful fairy with abilities that had proven to be a great challenge to Georgia. The duel between the woman had ended with both of them falling into a comatose state.

When Varya had woken up ten years after the duel, she had lost her abilities to communicate with the Pure Soul. Her daughter, the present fairy queen Ianthe, didn't have the same abilities as her mother and neither did Ianthe's daughter Eleni. For a while, Victoria had taught Eleni's daughter Cyane too had no such gifts until she had found out that Cyane was born to a werewolf father.

It was in the summer of 2003 that Victoria had sent Georgia's sons after Cyane because she had realized that Cyane's could make all her wishes come true. She had sent around twenty Liberi to get Cyane but not a single one of them returned home alive. They had managed to kill the girl's family, but they had been unable to harm a single hair in the little girl's body. In the process, one of the original sons had also been killed.

After the death of her parents, Cyane was taken to the castle and Victoria knew better than to attack the fairies in their home turf. The Liberi were weak without their mother and the fairies were already prepared for a war with them. If Victoria had given Queen Ianthe the war she wanted then, she would have lost all of her daughter's children.

So, for the next fourteen years, they waited, watched for the Cyane to descend from the mountains and she had done, a few times while she had come to live with her grandfather Roderick Swafford in his house, but every single time, the fey managed to obliterate everyone sent to kill her. A few of the times, she even had the help of Roderick's friend Bardo and his men.

Despite several failures, Victoria refused to give up and so, she had waited for an opportunity when Cyane had been all alone because she had never been truly alone for the Liberi to capture her. Finally, they had got the chance. When Victoria had learnt that Cyane had run away from her wedding, she had one of the original son's and ten more Liberi waiting for Cyane in the airport.

The moment her blood had spilt on the ground, the children had been able to recognize her and they had ambushed her. But Roderick and Bardo had been prepared and once again, they had failed. However, Victoria refused to consider it a failure because after the incident Cyane had escaped into the woods and since then she was completely alone, without anyone to protect her.

Just a few weeks ago, the children had caught the scent of her blood but they had failed again. Victoria didn't know what exactly happened, but she did know that five more Liberi were dead. She didn't care about the turned ones. However, she did care about the original son's because only they had the power to bite and turn humans like them.

"Then get the girl for me. I want her blood" Victoria declared. "Only with her help can we reverse Varya's curse and wake up Georgia. It is Cyane who can talk to the pure soul. She is the only one who can see and talk to the mysterious animal. She is going to be the next fairy queen and once she sits on the throne, we will not be able to do anything, but now we have the chance and we have to utilize it. Get her. Get Cyane Sylvan for your mother" Victoria roared and watched with stormy grey eyes as the Liberi shifted into their true form of half-animal and half-human.

Placing their paws on the ground, they screamed loudly and spreading her arms apart, Victoria closed her eyes, reliving in the sounds of their promise.

"Once Georgia wakes up, you can fulfil your purpose with her blessing. You can avenge her by wiping out the entire werewolf species from this planet, starting with the Zeke's" Victoria grinned cruelly as she stepped forward, to stand beside her comatose daughter.

In a peach gown that was the colour of her skin, Georgia was stunning to look at even when she was sleeping. Her eyes had been closed for so long that Victoria almost forgot what colour they truly were.

"I haven't forgotten what the Zeke's have done. I haven't forgotten their betrayal or the rift they caused in between my daughters" Victoria reminisced her younger daughter Olympia, who had betrayed her own family and chosen to side with the fairies.

"It was the Zeke prince who has brought us today in this position. Married to my elder daughter, he betrayed her in the worst way possible by sleeping with her younger sister" Victoria hissed in disgust, her bloodless lips curling in fury as the Liberi growled nastily, saliva dropping from the corner of their bloodthirsty jaws. "Georgia loved him and he betrayed her. His brother, the king, kicked her when she was pregnant causing her child to be stillborn. We will avenge Georgia for all the pain that she suffered. We will kill every single wolf out there. We will kill them all!" Victoria thundered and the Liberi slammed their chest to emphasize their anger.

When Victoria raised a frail hand to silence them, silence fell all over the cave again. "We will finish what Georgia has wanted from you all." She stared pointedly at the remaining six original sons, who were standing at the forefront, with their group behind them.

"And to do that, we need her with us. I need your mother beside me and for her to wake up, you know what you have to do" She said her eyes fixed on Prīmus, the firstborn of the original sons.

He shifted back to his human self— a tall, bald and bulky man with ashen skin and blood-red eyes, he also had several scars all over his body from fighting several werewolves over the years. A creature of limited words, he was the leader amongst his surviving brothers and also the one who had the record of turning the highest number of humans into his kind.

"One of us has to go out," Prīmus told Victoria, his eyes cold and unfeeling.

"No. Not one of you. Septimus went for her and never returned. None of you will go. Send your group instead" Victoria stated fiercely.

"They don't know her. They won't be able to recognize her" Octāvus, another one of the original sons argued.

"They will be able to catch the scent of her blood!"

"Only if it touches the ground" Tertius pointed out. Though not as bulky as his other brothers, he was tall and lean. He moved towards his sleeping mother and watched her with hopeful eyes.

"But Cyane must be unhurt when she is brought here because only she can summon the pure soul. Only she can see him and force him to appear before us" Decimus, the youngest of the ten sons said sharply.

"And it is the blood of the pure soul that I want," Victoria said, her pink tongue running hungrily over her dry, chapped lips.

"For mother," Prīmus said, watching her with a frown.

"For Georgia of course," Victoria grinned. "For my beloved daughter only! Do you doubt me Prīmus?" Victoria questioned, walking towards him slowly, carefully.

"No. Queen mother. I don't. All I want is for my mother to move, to show some sign that she can hear me, hear us" Prīmus said, his keen eyes fixed on the woman lying on the stone bench. Time had passed, but Georgia hadn't aged through it; instead, she still looked to be in her thirties.

"There has been no sign and there will be no sign until you get the girl," Victoria pointed sharply.

A deafening roar of thunder echoed around the cave the very same moment and as the Liberi crouched down on the ground and covered their ears, unable to bear the noise, Victoria, stumbled back and fell onto her butt in shock.

Tertius and Primus, who were the closest to Georgia watched with wide eyes as her long, bare fingers shook, the first response in sixty-two years.

"Queen mother" Secundus gasped and rushed to help Victoria, along with his brother Quīntus.

"What was that?" Victoria asked shakenly for it felt like the cave got hit by the lightning bolt.

"Did you see that?" Prīmus asked his brothers, as he moved towards his sleeping mother with a look of awe on his face.

"See what? What happened?" Octāvus was confused.

"Mother... she moved her hand. She moved her hand" Prīmus cried in joy as he knelt on the ground to watch Georgia's face with tenderness.

"Impossible" Victoria hissed glaring at Prīmus.

"No. She moved. Her hand moved. It's the first sign in sixty-two years" Tertius beamed.

"Her hand moved. Her hand moved" Quīntus chimed happily as he hugged his brother Tertius.

"Yes. Yes" chorused Prīmus and Quīntus.

"This is a sign. Our mother is going to wake up soon" Octāvus cooed happily.

"No" Victoria gasped but her sound of shock was drowned by the scream of happiness from all the Liberi present in the cave.

"Queen mother is right, we do need the girl for our mother to wake up for once and all" Tertius said looking at Prīmus.

"Go Octāvus. Go and get her. Once we have her, her invisible friend will also follow her" Prīmus commanded his eighth brother.

Nodding once at his brother, Octāvus stepped out of the cave, along with his group ignoring the protests of Victoria, who tried to reason in vain.

"If he gets caught and if the werewolves find you are alive, then we will all be dead" Victoria spat out angrily.

"But if he gets the girl, then our mother will wake up. That's what you want, right?" Secundus asked Victoria.

"Yes. Yes, indeed" Victoria forced a smile even though she was still in shock at the fact that Georgia moved her fingers. How was that possible?

What had happened that had caused Georgia to show a response for the first time in decades? What broke the curse? Varya's curse could not be broken without the help of the pure soul. Then how? What had happened?

Perplexed, Victoria stared at Georgia's sleeping figure and swore to find answers to all her questions.

****

Surprised? Liberi are mine and I own them :D 

Well, I did tell you fairies and wolves aren't the only creatures in this story. We have now some information about the villains of the story :D

Next chapter Acheron and Minerva come face to face and I am so excited because there will be a new, confusing revelation in that chapter and it will be posted on 19th July 😊

Please vote and comment! I love reading your comments and I love having your support :D

Also, stay safe!

Bye :-*

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

12 0 12
My wolf was storming through the forest. They finally found the group of witches that had been running away from us for so long! But finally, finally...
11K 464 30
#39 in Supernatural Several tears have made their way down her cheeks, I'm unsure if it's due to pain or panic. She searches my eyes for several mo...
14.2M 100K 9
He teases her. He challenges her. He fascinates her while he irritates her like no other. He drives her insane. He makes her...ughh, so mad she could...
137K 6.9K 48
((A/N)) If you haven't read "Lycan King" you should definitely read it for a better understanding of "Lycan Blood." or you can just read this book an...