Revenge and Bets [Not Finishi...

By ashleyneallowry

"Love is a dangerous game. You can fall and not get back up." Daniel Winters: He is an athlete, strong, most... More

Revenge and Bets
1: Wonderland
2: That bloody swine!
3: You will get hurt if you do not fix this.
4: The deal is off if you fall in love
5: You're going to get screwed so badly.
6: I need new friends
7: such a badass.
9: Play nice tiger.
10: I never forgot about you.
11: Family Time Means Trouble
12: How about... No.
13: There's nothing wrong with being friends with many guys!
14: I would try to insult you but you already do it so well on your own.
Author's Note
15: That is more blood than a girl on her period!
16: Halloween Gone Wrong
17: Chill Time?
18: Cookout
19: For luck
20: The dance of all dances
Author's Note (Year II)
21: Date of elegance
Author's Note II (Year II)

8: Welcome to the party

91 2 0
By ashleyneallowry

€: Maya's POV €:
Friday, October 24th
7:00pm-10:30pm

"Rick, wake up. Please." I begged.

I watched the monitor as his pulse or whatever started to make higher movements.

"Miss, you need to be quiet," The nurse says. "You could mess up parts of the examination and wave lengths and any chance of bringing him out of the coma."

I swallowed and mumbled an 'okay' before walking to the waiting room.

Aunt Joanne wrapped me in a hug and we wept together, shaking. When we parted, our eyes were both bloodshot. Mascara was under my eyelids and I quickly wiped them off.

"It'll be okay. Rick'll wake up." Joanna assured me with a weak smile.

"Yeah." I agree, my throat hoarse.

I clear my throat awkwardly then excuse myself to the bathroom. I cleaned off all my makeup and stared at my reflection. I looked horrible.

My phone had been on silent in my pocket. I took it out and looked at my notifications. I had a text from Jake, Ally, and Daniel.

Jake (4:20pm): Hey, Dan told me about Rick; hope everything's okay. he said you might come tonight to Harry's. I hope so but I'll understand.

Ally (4:54pm): Heyy gurl. PLZ go to Har's. Totes boring without you!! -AD

Daniel (5:03pm): MJ you should come. It'll help, promise

It seemed everyone wanted me to go to the famous Harry Person's Party. I've never met him, personally. I didn't want to leave Rick, incase he woke up. He was currently in a drug-induced coma after his car accident.

"Maybe I should go," I said out loud to myself.

I cleared my face and my thoughts. I don't act like this. I am Maya Jennings. I've got this.

I stroll outside and reach my outside family. Uncle Luke gives me a reassuring smile and a sideways hug. "I'm going to go hang out with my friends for a while - I'll be back tonight." I tell them.

I couldn't help but be nice to them.

They all nodded and said okays, with sad, understanding smiles.

They didn't really understand though.

Trying not to dwell on these thoughts, I exited the hospital and headed home. I found that only the twins and Theo were home. Theo was an innocent little boy. I picked him up and give him a kiss on his cheek. I loved him so much.

I didn't chat much with the other two, who were bickering again. Why can't twins get along? It doesn't make since to me.

I changed into a dress. Yes - I, Maya Isabelle Jennings, was wearing a dress. It was navy blue and roomy near the end, which was right above my knees. It had spaghetti straps and was fitted. I had to admit, I looked really good tonight. The color blue reminded me of a memory from middle school.

I put on my black ankle boots. Then it was time for makeup. It took six minutes to do all of that then another eight to do my hair. What kind of crazy self-obsessed girl was I turning into? I had on mascara, dark blue and black eyeshadow, lipgloss, and black eyeliner. I had small curls in my hair.

Now it was time to go to the party. Well, to go to Harry's party. And Harry knows how to throw parties.

I told Simon where I'd be before the little smartass could make a comment. Then I took my purse, myself, and my truck, to Harry Person's house.

-

From two streets away, I could tell where the party was out. There were cars lined up everywhere. And that was not an exaggeration. Cats flying is barely an exaggeration at this point.

I got out and started walking. When I reached the front porch, I was just about to knock when the door opened. In front of me stood seventeen year old Harry Person, who to me, resembled Michael Clifford. That again was a small exaggeration.

"Hello," He grinned, a wild spark in his eyes.

"Hi.. I'm MJ."

"Welcome, Maya Jennings. Welcome to the party," Harry greeted.

"Thanks."

He stepped out of the doorway and let me in. Everything came at me - the loud music, dancing, sweaty teens, the smell of booze, and the fact I was at my first real party.

"How- how'd you know my name?" I look up at him.

"I make it a priority to know certain things about the people invited to my house," Harry answers.

"That's... interesting." I felt uncomfortable.

Harry seemed to sense my discomfort because offered me a Hershey's chocolate bar and to talk. I accepted with hesitancy. I hadn't seen anyone I knew yet.

"Something's on your mind." He states.

"That obvious?" I murmur.

"Wanna tell me what?"

"Not really." I reply, my eyes searching the crowds.

"And why's that?" He seemed genuinely curious.

"Because I don't really know you except your parties, so I've heard, are legendary." At that, I made Harry grin again.

"So you've heard of me and I've heard of you. You're the girl rising on the popular charts, always looking forward. You have a 3.9 GPA, and are very, very pretty." He says, matter-of-fact like.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't blushing. "So was that last one an observation or information from whoever," I ask.

Harry put his hands in his pockets. At that time, I studied him. He was wearing a white collared shirt with a purple vest over it, black jeans, and some top brand shoes. His hair was spiked and colored black with purple highlights. He had an average colored skin with a tan, I guess, and his eyes were a dazzling green.

Then he caught me staring at him. He smirked but didn't say anything.

"Why do you have these parties?" I ask him, to fill the silence.

He gave me a mischievous look and opened his mouth.

£: Daniel's POV £:
Friday, October 24th
8:26pm

I never understood why people drink alcohol. I hated the taste of it. Plus, we were underage, anyways. Both my parents drink. It's not a pretty sight. Especially since Dad already has anger issues. He was a bomb, always waiting to explode.

To what I was originally going to say, was that Harry's parties are stellar. Always. I've gone to almost all of his parties he's had since I was fourteen.

Jacob and Carter weren't drinking. Brett had had a couple of shots already and Jordan was getting light-headed. The linebacker and the shy kid are the drunk ones. Imagine that.

MJ told me she'd be here, so I was assuming that meant any minute now. I also knew that Jasmine and her cheerleader friends would be here any second.

Brett had picked Rachel up and who knows where they they disappeared to.

Carter, Jacob, and I - back on topic now - are talking about our new plan for the upcoming football game. I was the all-state quarterback. In two weeks, we were taking on our school's enemy, the only other private school in this city.

"We're going to own them if we use play 26." Carter was saying.

I remember how in freshman year, he had hated football. Now look at him.

"No, we need to use play 14." Jacob argues.

I'll tell them which one later. "I'm going to get some punch." I announce, heading away from the football talk.

I walked to the table and started to get a cup when Brianna, Jasmine's friend, came up to me, and purred, "Heyy Daniel." She smiled.

"Brianna." I say shortly.

This girl was as fake as fake could get. I don't know anything real or genuine about her except the fact she was born a girl. She wasn't the stereotypical cheerleader, either, thank God with that one thing. Brianna was Asian so she had a dark complexion, yet she had dyed her hair light purple.

She placed a hand on my arm and pouted. "What's wrong, Daniel? I know you and Jazzy split but that doesn't mean you should swear off girls.. I mean..." She giggled and twirled her hair.

I swear no one is a genuine person these days.

Then I heard her laugh.

Not Brianna laughing, you moron.

I didn't know who it was until my eyes tracked the voice. It was MJ, laughing at something Harry had said. Her eyes were sparkling again and she looked absolutely beautiful. She deserves to be happy - maybe helping her become popular will be what she needs.

"Daniel," A playful feminine said, bringing me back to dreadful reality.

Brianna smiled at me. I looked down at the short girl - she was wearing a very short and skimpy red dress and four inch heels. No wonder she seemed a little taller.

Most guys would've taken a chance at her. Especially considering she was clearly offering. But I refuse to ever be that ignorant again.

"Was there a reason you came to talk to me, Brianna?" I say.

I might as well get this over with.

She feigned innocence. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay after your break up and say that I'm always here for you, Daniel. If you ever need, or want anything."

"Great. Now that we established this, do you mind if I go see some of my friends?" I was struggling to be nice.

She trailed her nails down my chest and I had to force myself not to cringe away. "Of course not, Daniel," Brianna breathed. "Just remember...
I'll be here for you," She whispered.

As soon as my back was to her, I walked away. I scanned the people here. Rachel was now talking to Carter. Brett was getting another beer. Jordan was half-asleep on one of the couches. Jacob was talking to Ally and Carmen. I once again saw MJ with Harry.

At least she's making friends. That's a good start. Even if it is just one friend.

I walked up to them and smiled, feeling good now that I was away from Brianna, even if that is a little harsh. "Hi Daniel." MJ smiled at me.

That's a first. A smile, not forced, came from MJ, to me.

"How're you liking the party, man?" Harry asked.

"It's great." I told him. I then averted my attention to the girl next to him. I opened my mouth to say three different things when the door opened near us.

At that time, Jasmine walked in. That girl, my friends, is the queen, of sexy.

•••
A/N: Daniel still likes Jasmine, I'm guessing? Did she come with Arthur?

I know I'm the one asking these questions but I just finished the chapter so even I don't know.

I really like how this chapter went for some reason. I felt it had good emotion in it.

If you haven't noticed, I'm going to make it official: Every Friday I will update. If I can't, I will try to let you know. I'm in the forensics and that takes up lots of my writing time but I still make time for the story. I hope everyone's doing well, if not I'm always here to listen.

I wish everyone a Happy February.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503 135 20
WARNING! Don't fall in love with the flirt. You're bound to get your heart broken... Growing up, Jasmine Lopez has always been the pretty one. Her st...
213 0 43
''Do you really think,'' he whispers so softly in my ear I can't even breathe, ''that I wouldn't be able to get you if I wanted to?'' I freeze, afrai...
1.3K 61 19
"i'm scared, I'm scared that if I stay by your side for one more second I'll fall for you." THE DARE THAT RUINED HER LIFE ✓ I stare into his eyes a...
12.9K 410 27
"I know what I'm going to do" I said as soon as we arrived into her room. She shut the door and looked at me, determination in her eyes, "yes, we wil...