She's Not Afraid; A Niall Hor...

By hercules_

More

She's Not Afraid; A Niall Horan FanFiction
Chapter 1: Youth
Chapter 2: Lights
Chapter 3: Hotel 41
Chapter 4: Burdens
Chapter 5: The Proposition
Chapter 6: Afflictions
Chapter 8: Room Service
Chapter 9: Seclusion
Chapter 10: Obscurity
Chapter 11: Black Out
Chapter 12: Sun and Sea
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 13: Vanity
Chapter 14: Strobe Lights
Chapter 15: Little Red Cheeks
Chapter 16: Cold Tea
Chapter 17: Pretty Visitors
Chapter 18: Truth or Dare?
Chapter 19: Cherished
Chapter 20: Lock and Key
Chapter 21: Coral
Chapter 22: Rapture
Chapter 23: Mulled wine and fire
Chapter 24: Sparks
Authors Note (Again)
Chapter 25: Chaos
Chapter 26: Frights
Chapter 27: Caged
Chapter 28: Scattered Hearts
Chapter 29: Break Me
Chapter 30: Idyll
Epilogue
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ - Sequel info
ONE YEAR ON

Chapter 7: The Rich and Famous

76.6K 1.5K 206
By hercules_

Approximately forty minutes later, I entered my new suite with Cara and gave her a massive grin.

"Can you believe it?!" I asked, confused yet thrilled.

She just shook her head, quiet, for once.

They were real, I thought, smiling. I was completely starstruck by the band I wouldn't have recognised three days ago.

"How long are they staying?" I asked, hoping I'd be able to meet them properly.

She loosened her hair from its updo and allowed it to cascade down her back in waves, and I immediately felt envious of her. Cara was such a pretty, lovely girl, and I thanked my lucky stars she convinced her father to let me stay here.

I wondered, could this really be my home?

It wasn't ordinary, by all accounts.

There was a large group of staff and was always bustling with the arrival of new clients, but its atmosphere was relaxed and bubbling.

My initial impression when I stepped trough the late doors was that it would be a cold boring hotel, where it's rich customers would keep a stiff upper lip and look down on anyone who didn't wear designer clothes.

I was pleasantly surprised to serve such nice people, and hoped everyone would be as kind.

"2 to 3 weeks for their interviews and signings." Cara stated, clearly surprised.

They must've had plenty of money, considering it cost £300 a night. My mouth hung open.

"You sure? They must be pretty damn rich..."

Cara nodded, "I don't think you're aware of how rich they are."

I bit my lip - surely not. That must mean Cara's father was pretty rich, too, otherwise how would he be able to uphold a hotel of this calibre?

"It is odd, though. Most guests only stay a few nights." She shrugged, her eyes bright and pleased.

Cara walked across the room and to her cream vanity table, where she picked up her hairbrush and ran it through her hair.

I admired her, and tried to imagine what it would be like if Cara wasn't such a kind soul.

"I don't think I've thanked you enough, Cara. What you and your dad have done for me is an insane amount, don't think I don't appreciate it."

Cara looked at me from the mirror, "Mum and dad always told me to help those in need, and when I saw your cuts and bruises, I tried to put myself in your shoes. If I had no home, I'd hope someone would help me." She smiled and continued, "It also gets boring in this massive suite on my own."

I grinned at her but her face fell. "I don't really have that many close friends; I always invite them over but I don't think they like the fact that I live in a hotel."

I shrugged apologetically. "Do you like it? Living in a hotel, I mean." I added when she looked puzzled.

Cara turned to me after setting her brush back down. "You know what? Yeah, I do. Dad had been working in catering for a long time, ever since I was born, so I was always in and out of hotels. Then five years ago, dad moved us to premises near this hotel, and I fell in love with it. Mum works at the hospital further into the city, so I don't see her as much. As for my brother, he's studying law in Australia."

Oh, I'd assumed Cara didn't have a mum, but then remembered what her dad had said the night he found me on the tube.

"And you? What do you want to study?" I asked her, realising I'd missed out on so much education.

"Marketing, retail, I don't know. I want to run a shop and branch out, I love designing clothes. Look, I'll show you." She lifted up the seat of the chair by the vanity and in it was a black ringbinder.

She set the book down on the bed next to me and I opened it up, absorbed by her obvious passion for designing clothes.

"Wow..." I murmured. "Cara, these are fantastic." I traced one of the sketches with a wistful smile.

"Dad doesn't think it's a great career plan." She said sadly.

"Really?" I was surprised. I never penned Mr Paisley for a dad who'd stop her from following her dreams. My dad was the same, I thought sadly.

"He's a good man, my dad. I know he means well and wants me to be successful, but I can't imagine doing anything else."

I nodded, and tried to lighten the atmosphere.

"How good did Harry look?" I diverted the conversation.

She flushed and a shy smile appeared on her face, and I knew she was back.

--

"It's not even 8pm yet." Cara stated, snapping back to reality as I held up my new pyjamas to my chest in the mirror.

"I know; I'm going to have an early night. It's not every day I get a job in a four star hotel, go shopping and then meet an insanely popular boyband. Got any movies?"

Cara laughed and I found myself joining her. "What a week it's been."

"I have a Netflix account, wait a sec, I'll get changed quickly and we can watch one." Cara said, rushing over to get her pajama top and shorts.

I smiled, relaxed. I hadn't watched a movie in a while, but I remembered mum telling me that a sure fire way of getting a good sleepover started was by watching a good movie.

It struck me that every night would be a sleepover with Cara, a girl I so hoped would become a best friend to me.

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd want to take a picture together? Since we're friends." Cara suggested shyly.

I nodded and she beamed, "Yey! I just wasn't sure if...anyway." She stopped talking to unlock her phone and select the camera.

I knew what she was going to say - she thought I wouldn't want to take a picture because I'd confessed I had a great deal of low self esteem, but since I'd been apart from my father, I'd gradually started to like myself.

Cara used her laptop to search for Netflix, whilst directing me to her own fridge, which she'd stacked with all kinds of food.

I made hot chocolate for the two of us and popcorn. It made me feel nostalgic as the scent of popcorn in the microwave filled the room.

"I've chosen the Last Song." Cara announced.

**

By the time the movie had finished, we were watery eyed and looked as if we had hayfever.

I sniffled and glanced over at Cara, who was red eyed and tearful. "I cry at this every time," she wailed.

I laughed and marvelled at how much I'd invested these past few days. Emotionally, I'd grasped more understanding of myself, who I wanted to be, and become a little more trustworthy. Physically, I'd eaten more and was trying to put on weight and look a little healthier. If dad ever saw me again, I hoped this would be a huge smack in the face - to see his daughter stronger than when he last saw her.

I glanced over at Cara. I really was thankful for her, just for being her. She was vibrant and fun and refreshing - one of a kind. She'd become a friend, and one who I hoped would last a long time.

She frowned at the floor and then crawled further up the bed, shying away.

"What did you do?" I questioned, trying to hide my laugh.

"S-pider!" She yelped, pointing at the black dot on the floor, her eyes wide and scared.

I giggled at the comical look on her face, noting that the black dot was not, in fact, moving at all.

I stood up from the bed and picked up the creature, stifling a laugh.

"This little guy...is harmless!" I blurted, waving it in front of her face.

"Ew! Olivia!" She shoved me, and I winced. She didn't notice.

"Calm down, Cara! It's a piece of fluff!" I reassured her once she'd stopped overreacting.

"...Oh!"

"Yeah, 'oh'." I laughed.

"I reckon we should get some shut eye. I'm actually looking forward to work tomorrow." She smiled.

"Night, Cara."

"Night, Olivia." She replied.

I snuggled under the covers, imagining three weeks of tidying One Direction's rooms and serving them at breakfast.

Soon, I drifted off, in the best sleep I'd had in a long, long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 4.8K 46
Mikasa had many troubles in her past and she left it all behind by changing schools. She may be independent and strong, but as soon as she meets the...
61.1K 1K 31
It all started with one X Factor audition, soon Ellie West was signed and singing professionally. Her life is perfect right? Wrong. Her best frien...
68.8K 1K 30
When a girl accidentally texts the wrong number ends up making a friend and falls in love .
1.4M 64.5K 55
Immortality, an ability that seems like a dream come true. You never have to fear death, that's why the world looked at Y/N as if he's some miracle...