Royal Affection

By repswiftly

Avanna Larsen, Ava for short, is the Princess of Denmark and she is in line to become Queen of Denmark after... More

Royal Affection
CHAPTER ONE - The Big Dream
CHAPTER TWO - Red Hair
CHAPTER THREE - A Familiar Stranger
CHAPTER FOUR - Rude Boy
CHAPTER FIVE - Eventful
CHAPTER SIX - Rosaline and Mathew
CHAPTER SEVEN - The Bully's Nice Friend
CHAPTER EIGHT - Masked Man
CHAPTER NINE - 'A'
CHAPTER TEN - The Practice Kiss?
CHAPTER ELEVEN - Hurt
CHAPTER TWELVE - Tears
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - Butterflies
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - Meant To Be Hate
CHAPTER FIFTEEN - Night-time Chase
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - Broom Cupboard
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - Scared
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - Anthony Cartwright
CHAPTER NINETEEN - Surprise Kisses
CHAPTER TWENTY - Unspoken
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE - Poopy and Stinky
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE - Hiding Something
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR - Dead Within A Week
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - Go Get Her
CHAPTER-TWENTY SIX - The Last Scene
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN - Deserves To Be King
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT - Girlfriend
EPILOUGE

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO - Under The Moonlight

19.8K 607 83
By repswiftly

                               C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y  T W O

I abandoned the thought of knocking on the door and gaped at Lucas with my hand in mid air. My mouth fell open and God knows how many times I blinked like an idiot.

I was faintly aware of the lift opening and closing with a couple heading to their room but that question was swimming in my mind.

‘Will you go out with me?’ He had asked that and it was the last thing I’d expected.

My mouth opened and closed but I was lost for words. Instead of replying – I answered his question…with a question.

“Did – did you just ask me out?” I say in a whisper and he nods nervously. So he did ask and here I am looking like a goldfish. My hand drops to my side and I look down at the floor.

“Why?” I ask without looking at him.

“Is that a ‘no’?”

My head whips up to look him in the eyes. Of course I didn’t mean ‘no’ but I’m just too shocked to understand why he’d want to go out with me. I shake my head and gulp slowly.

“I didn’t say that, I just want to know why.” I shrug and he sighs. I notice that the arguing from inside has died down a little.

“Okay,” I say and for a second I see a small smile come and go on his face. I try my best not to grin and decide to knock on the door.

“Great, I’ll see you on Monday around eight. Be ready.” He smiled. He walks away and turns right to his room.

The door swings open and I realise Maria is staring at me. Her hair’s a mess and she keeps glaring at Joe. I decide against asking what it’s about and walk down to my room.

As soon as my bedroom door is shut, I squeal like a 13 year old girl who bought some unicorn stickers. I take my jacket off and throw it on my desk chair before I jump onto my bed and scream into my pillow with joy.

He did ask me out. This was real and not some crazy dream. It was hard to get rid of the huge grin on my face but I didn’t want to forget what just happened.

I’m going to go on a date with Lucas.

***

Monday came rather slowly but I didn’t know whether that bugged me or not. No one likes school but I knew that wasn’t why I was waiting for Monday.

I had called up April and told her. At first she was confused until I explained but she’s happy for me and added some warnings at the end but I didn’t care.

“You need to stop smiling,” April says casually and I inhale loudly.

“I’ve been trying, April.” I grin nervously now and wander into our registration class.

“Just don’t look too happy that you’re going out with Lucas. It’ll seem weird.” April squeaks and I roll my eyes. I walk into the class room and head to my usually seat.

“So he finally asked you out, huh?” I spin around and find Paige standing very close to me. We are face to face and she looks down at me in a threatening way. I take a huge step back and sit down on my seat – April closely following me.

However, Paige doesn’t give up and towers over me.

“You didn’t answer my question.” She folds her arms. I cock up an eyebrow and snigger a little.

“Because I didn’t want to.” I shrug and become aware of April chewing her hair next to me.

“Well you better,” she snaps and lowers her face with her eyebrows furrowed angrily. “Did Lucas ask you out?”

I honestly didn’t see why it mattered to her. They broke up but if she’s going to be a clingy ex trying to find out every girl that he goes out with then Houston…we have a problem.

“Yes,” I say exasperatedly and throw my hands in the air. “Now please can you leave me alone?” I say irritably.

“Thought so,” she breathes and stands back. “It’s because of you he left me,” her voice cracked and I breathed out. Not this blame thing again. What does she mean?

“What do you mean because of me?” I say slowly and lean back in my chair whilst staring at her grimly.

“He likes you, idiot. He didn’t say exactly but when I asked him – he didn’t deny. It’s all your fault.” She grits her teeth so hard I thought they’d all break and fall out of her mouth.

I sat up again. “No, no, no, Lucas hated me the time he broke up with you. It’s when Jake and I became friends things started to change.” I correct but maybe that isn’t all true.

Paige laughs humourlessly and shakes her head at me. “You’re clueless. He liked you since the day you stood up to him! I don’t know why but no-one talks to him like that and you come along and decide to make him look like some crap.”

Now this got me thinking. Not that he liked me since the day we met but that he likes me because I stood up for myself. Jake says he likes authority. Was Lucas asking me out because of that? Because I stood my ground and bossed him around?

“He was mean to me.” I say weakly.

“Because he didn’t want you to know that he liked you and he thought if he was mean to you, he will start hating you. I don’t know what goes on in his head.” Paige whimpers.

I don’t have time to ask anymore questions because Mr. Gibson walks in and everyone takes their seat. Everything Paige said was eating me up. He liked me when I talked back but that couldn’t be the reason to date me. He probably wants a girlfriend around school like he had Paige.

I push the negative thoughts away and focus on the fact he asked me out. He did like me and I like him. It’s only a date and if it’s a disaster then there won’t be a second.

*******************************************************************

-DELETED DATE SCENE ADDED-

I’d lost count of the number of times I’d look at myself in the mirror to make sure everything was perfect. I kept fixing the curls in my hair, fanning them over my shoulder once, and then draping them down the back the next. I exasperatedly sigh and my hands fall to my side. I pat down my silky red dress and grab my leather jacket from the edge of my bed.

I hear a knock on the apartment door and immediately know that Lucas is here. My palms start to sweat and my breathing increases. I take a deep breath and there’s a small knock on my door but Maria peers through without a reply.

“He’s here,” she squeaks and I furtively roll my eyes. “-and you said you guys weren’t dating.” She put her slender arms in her hips and I walk over to her - with my deep red heals on; I’m almost the same height as her.

“We weren’t, Maria. He asked me out recently.” I shrug but she bites her pink lips mischievously. “But you liked him a little before that didn’t you?” She asks but I just push past her and walk down the hall. My heels made a loud thud with every step I took.

My heart stopped. Not because Lucas was stood in front of me looking so different – in a good way, but the way he was looking at me. He stared at me with his glowing blue eyes. A soft smile curled up on his lips and he looked at me like Mathew looked a Rosaline – lovingly.

I gulped down the saliva in my mouth, afraid that I would drool at this moment. I kept on walking and Joe held open the door for us to leave. Joe seemed different – it was like he was disturbed or haunted. Black bags were under his eyes and there had been more arguing with him and Maria. I loved them both and I was concerned but some part of me didn’t want to ask what the problem was.

“Don’t stay out too late.” Says Joe and manages a very weak smile. I smile back but it was forced. He’d reluctantly let me go on this date with Lucas since he didn’t want me to have any boyfriends what so ever. Maybe he just wasn’t bothered to fight anymore with all the stress he’s going through.

The door clicks slowly behind us and I follow Lucas to the lift.

***

I watched the little step before entering the Nuit de Cristal, Crystal Night. The restaurant was magnificent and so elegant with the red velvet chairs, the maroon curtains, and the golden bar at the side. It was so posh it almost reminded me of Denmark and the countless dinner parties and restaurants we used to book for special occasions.

I smiled at Lucas and he placed his hand on the small of my back. I tried not to shiver at his touch, when a cleanly shaven waiter made his way to us.

“Bonjour, may I help you find a seat?” He said in a heavily French accent. Though the sound did amused me. Lucas said something and we were being led to the back of the restaurant. It was a small round table with two seats and plates and cutlery set for a couple. I was about to take my chair back but it was already pulled by Lucas to let me sit. I sheepishly grinned and took my seat whilst taking my jacket off. My dress blended in with the red theme and glanced around at the happy people all enjoying a meal.

“Do you like it?” My head snapped back to look at Lucas. He was after all my date. It sounds very odd saying that. I nodded. The same waiter returned with a bottle of champagne but since me and Lucas were both seventeen – we were meant to be drinking so we got some sparkling water instead that was infused with lime.

“This place is very…” I tried to think of the right word. “-fancy.” I shrug and Lucas chuckles. The sound of glasses hitting eat other and knives and forks on plates were very faint. I stared at Lucas and he smirked at me. “Well I don’t usually bring my dates to places like this.” He smiles but I just fiddle with my fingers.

“Why did you ask me out?” I question and then slowly look up to see his expression. He wasn’t angry – I could tell that but he seemed annoyed that I’d brought it up.

“You never told me why you asked me out.” I say and align my cutlery in a straight line even though they already were.

“Do I have to tell you why?” He asks me and I sigh. “Yes, because you hate me.” I state bluntly, everything that Paige had said was coming back. “You hate me, you threatened me countless times and now I’m on a date with you.” I conclude and the waiter comes by to take our orders. I quickly give mine and sip my lemon tasting water whilst waiting for Lucas to reply.

“Because I-“ He started and for a minute I wondered if he’d admit he liked me. Paige had said he did but never exactly said those words. “-I thought since we’re both playing the leads that like each other, we should just get along.” He shrugs and I exhale, slightly relieved but disappointed.

I cleared my throat. “So that’s really the reason?” I ask again.

“Yes, Ava,” He leans forward. “-unless you want it to be for some other reason?” He smirks and I shake my head. “You’re still Stinky.”

“And you’re still Poopy.” He grins. I choke out a laugh and stare down at my clean plate. “Have you lived in the apartment building all your life?” I asked. I didn’t know where it came from, but he didn’t seem the type to live in a apartment building. He walked around the place like it was foreign.

He shook his head and his blonde hair flew in the slight breeze. “Only for a couple of months while our house is getting renovated, so we moved. We had planned a holiday whilst the house was getting fixed and thought it’s be ready for us to move in but-“ He took a sip of his sparkling water. “-it’s taking longer than we thought.”

Now that made sense. Since his mother was a Doctor which was very good wages – an apartment building was quite unusual. 

Something like power radiated from him. A school like the London Arts Academy only allowed students with potential and talent. It was a miracle when I was allowed in. Also you’re meant to have parents who were pretty high up. I gathered that from when April mentioned something about her mother being a former model.

“What about you? Where did you come from?” He leans on the table and smiles at me. It was kind and taunting. He knew that I’d moved in recently. He’d seen me carry my bags in when I bumped into him. Back then he was cold, mean and vicious and looking at him now – he’s still somewhat all those things but a little calmer.

“I- er – I’m from Denmark.” I cleared my thought. He eyed me at first then relaxed. “And you’re parents? Did you all move from Denmark after your mum left you?” He asked and that lie I’d concocted was here again. I nodded awkwardly and scratched the back of my head. I was all for telling Lucas the truth for some bizarre reason but now I’m not so sure.

The waiter returned with our food and took a bite of the deliciously smelling pasta. It melted in my mouth so easily. I moaned in satisfaction from the taste. I hadn’t had food like this since I’d left Denmark.

“Let’s stop talking about our pasts.” I say boldly. “Let’s talk about something else.” I grin and watch Lucas take a bite of his food.

“Should we talk about the play and how you’re very excited to kiss me again?” He teases and I scoff.

“Yeah right, just be lucky that I don’t puke when I kiss you.” I retort and he chokes on his drink.

“You better not!” He says with finality with a hint of amusement. His lips curl up into a small smile and I snigger under my breath. I might as well make the most of this night.

*******************************************************************

We walked out of the French restaurant and I tightened my cardigan around me. The night had gotten colder but I was holding hands – with Lucas.

Something else I didn’t expect to happen in a million years but he took me to this very lovely and expensive French restaurant. And best of all was that we talked and laughed like any normal people would.

I didn’t try think about too much about what Paige had said. I’d only assumed that and it probably wasn’t true. Right now I knew he liked me.

We walked down the street and pasted a flickering streetlight. His hands kept mine warm and our fingers slowly locked. I exhaled and wisps of air came out of my mouth. For a change Lucas looked somewhat smart. He had normal black jeans on and a grey blazer of top of a v-neck t-shirt. I bit my lip from a smile appearing because my heart fluttered at how handsome he looked.

“Was the restaurant okay?” He asked and I sped up to keep up with him. He walked fast despite we were holding hands and I tried to stop myself from squealing at the gesture.

“It was perfect.” I grin at him and he returns it.

“We’re not going home just yet.” He smirks mischievously and I check my little wrist watch. It readquarter past tenand if I didn’t return soon Maria and Joe would be worried. He steered me across the road and we made a few shortcuts before we ended up at the park gates.

“Why are we here at night?” I query but he doesn’t say anything. We go to the far end of the park that had a small walkover bridge on the pond. I thought it was cute how couples usually stand here and look down but why were we here? Like a couple? On the bridge…

It hit me once we were standing in the middle. My eyes looked across the lake and the ducks were happily sitting at the side of the pond.

I chuckled softly and bit my lower lip. “Any reason why you brought me here?” I ask and he points at the moon and says “Look down.”

I stare down at the still, glass-like water and see an immaculate reflection of the full moon. It was blue and shining magnificently. My heart floated at the beautiful sight and I sighed. I clasped onto the edge of the bridge and see the water beginning to ripple as the family of ducks and ducklings started to swim. I chuckled and felt Lucas’s hands cover mine whilst they were still on the railing.

I feel his hot breath on my neck until he’s practically holding me from behind. I shuffle backwards a little to nestle in closer to get warm. I helplessly smiled and looked up at the moon.

Nothing could ruin this night.

_______________________________________________________________

Their first date! BOOM! Anyway, what will happen after that?

Could Lucas be dating Ava because he wants to replace Paige? Me wants to know your thoughts.

I've realised that this may be moving a bit fast and this story is becoming crap because of my writing, plus I think I'm getting writer's block  :( *sigh*

I'm trying my best.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

640 99 12
Free-spirited homebody Erica doesn't want to be queen. Which is fine, because her single, independent older sister Gemma is more than ready for the j...
39.5K 1.1K 32
Julia thought senior year was gonna be the best year in her life. After ending a two year relationship and dealing with her mothers new marriage, it...
1.7K 247 16
π˜“π˜°π˜·π˜¦ 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘣𝘰𝘢𝘯π˜₯𝘴... Avyukt, the shunned prince of the North, craved power and revenge on his father and brother. But he forgot...
225K 8.8K 66
Lily Anne Alexia Windsor Or as people call her, Princess Lily. She's seventeen years old and is destined for an arranged marriage. Only she will mee...