Remnant's Wolverine (Wolverin...

By jushait

(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your pa... More

Enter Wolverine
Initiation
Players and Pieces
The Burden
Forever Fall
The Stray
Welcome to Beacon
Man and Mutants
omg holy fuck
A Minor Inconvenience
Extracurricular
Burning the Candle
Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 1
Field Trip Gone Wrong Part. 2
Round One
Never Miss A Beat
Something's Wrong
Goodbye
New Life, New Problems
Daughter
That Day
Hope
Long Time No See
Complicated Reunion
Fight For What's Right
The Wolverine
The Truth
Down Memory Lane
Argus
Our Way
Ace-Operatives
Sparks
Gone To Shit
Confession
Out In The Open
With Friends Like These
Divide And Conquer
Strings
A Cinderella Story
War
...
Round Two

Two In One Body

2.3K 50 17
By jushait

(No art this chapter, I'm busy doing a side project)

An air horn sounds loudly. An offramp is being lowered on the ship bearing Blake Belladonna and Sun Wukong to allow passengers to disembark. The town has many small buildings and homes set among dunes and palm trees. The town bell that has been ringing is shown in its belfry.

Sun and Blake make their way from the deck to the offramp. She proceeds without pause while Sun stops to look at the town.

Sun: Huh.

Several Faunus in summer wear meander casually at the dock, some waiting for friends or family among the new arrivals. The dock is also a commercial area, with mobile kiosks selling food and other wares. It is a relaxed atmosphere on a sunny day.

Sun is looking around while he and Blake disembark and walk through the market area together.

Sun: I've never seen so many Faunus in one place!

Blake: This is the one place everyone can feel safe, no matter who or what they are.

Sun: Wow, sure is, uh, crowded, huh?

Blake: Yes. Yes, it is.

Sun: (dodging a Faunus carrying a box) Is it always so... cramped?

Blake: Well, when you try and take an entire species and put them on an island that's two-thirds desert, yeah, it tends to be cramped.

Sun: What! You guys have that much more space? Why waste it? A little desert never hurt anyone!

Blake: It's not like the desert in Vacuo, Sun. The wildlife here is more dangerous than most other regions.

Sun: So, they give us a terrible island, in the corner of Remnant, to try and shut us up.

Blake: That's a pretty good summary, yeah.

Sun: Huh. Jerks.

Blake: We try to make the best of things.

Sun: Hey.. uh... You haven't said a word about him..

Blake: Who's "him"?

Sun: You know.. "Him"

Blake: Oh, him.

Sun: Yeah, you haven't talked about him ever since I walked up to you.

Blake: What's there to talk about? He kills, so? That's not why I left.

Sun: So you're fine if he kills?

Blake I don't agree with him killing, but if you were me, or if you were in the White Fang.. You know he kills for a reason.

Sun: Dude, that's dark..

The two pause in their walk to look at the view of the town the road affords. The road they are on goes downhill and to the side, bordered by palm trees and homes that have either canvas or wood roofs. The vista of palm trees spreads out to the edge of mountainous dunes in the distance. Right in the middle of all this is a large house with an open courtyard that the road appears to lead directly to. The house is at least three stories and is the only building in the whole area with a sophisticated roof.

Sun: Whoa...

Blake: This, is Kuo Kuana.

Sun: It's... beautiful. I take it all back. This place looks great! Why would anyone ever want to leave?

Blake: That's not the point, Sun! We asked to be equal, to be treated just like everyone else! Instead, we were given an island and told to make do. So we did the best we could. We came together and we made a home where any Faunus could feel welcome. But this island, this town, will always be a reminder that we're still not equal. (lowering her face) That we're still second-class citizens.

Sun: Well, hey, this guy's feeling pretty at home.

Blake: Alright, time to go home.

Sun: Oh yeah? (moving his hand to her other shoulder and pulling her in) Which one's yours? Can you see it from here?

Sun uses his free hand like a visor to help him peer at the houses.

Blake: Kind of.

Sun: Is it that one? (pointing away from Blake) What about that tiny one down there? (pointing across Blake) I like the paintjob.

Blake: (taking Sun's intruding arm by the wrist and directing it toward the large house) It's... that one.

Sun stares for a second before pointing his finger at her with a questioning expression. Blake nods. Sun looks at her for a beat before taking his arm off her and stepping back. He covers the sides of his head and crouches a bit, staring wide-eyed at the house and making a comical, amazed noise.

Blake and Sun walk up the stone steps to the front door of the house. Blake hesitates when she moves to use the knocker.

Sun: What is it?

Blake: I um... it's just been a long time since I've seen my parents.

Sun: Well, you came all this way.

Blake takes a quick breath for courage and bangs the door knocker. It makes a loud, heavy, resonating sound on the large door. Sun stares up, stepping back while Blake politely backs away from the door a few paces.

Sun: (pointing up at the door) Okay, if we're being honest, that's kind of intimidating.

Both Sun and Blake give a start at the sound of the door being opened. Kali Belladonna, a short, female cat Faunus is behind it, looking around at the visitors. Her ears perk and she moves the door out of the way so she can step forward when she recognizes her daughter.

Kali: (almost in disbelief) Blake?

Blake: (awkwardly lifting her arm in greeting) Hi, mom.

Kale steps forward and hugs her daughter.

Kali: My baby girl.

Blake hesitates, uncertain for a moment, before her face gentles into a smile and she hugs her mother back.

They stand in front of open doorway. From inside the house, footsteps come closer and a shadow falls onto the carpeted entryway. Kali lets go of Blake and turns behind her at the sound of Ghira Belladonna's voice.

Ghira: Kali? Who is it?

Ghira stand with his hands on his hips, waiting to greet the visitor. His quizzical expression changes to wide-eyed surprise, before his hands, shoulders, and face all fall in a clear, emotional reaction to the sight of his daughter come home.

Sun sees this and grins, pleased at Blake's welcome as he turns to look at how she's taking it. Blake has her hands clasped in front of her, awaiting her father's reaction. Kali has not let go, with her hands supportively on Blake's shoulder and arm.

Ghira says nothing, but smiles, clearly happy. Blake smiles back, relieved. She and Sun exchange sideways glances.

Kali sets down her cup on the table. She, Ghira, Sun and Blake all sit on the floor at a square table.

Kali: We were horrified when we heard the news. The Kingdom of Vale isn't perfect, but it certainly didn't deserve what happened. Oh, we were both so worried.

Ghira: Please, I knew she'd be fine!

Kali: (scoffing) That isn't the slightest bit true. You should have seen him pacing.

Sun: You guys have nothing to worry about. I've seen your daughter in action before! And trust me, she's got some moves!

Blake, who was sipping from her cup while Sun spoke, abruptly lifts her head and swallows at his last choice of words. Ghira glares at the young man on his right.

Ghira: And what exactly do you mean by that, Mr. Wukong?

Sun freezes and slowly turns toward his host.

Sun: I... uh, well, you see sir, it's just that, you know, that she's such a good fighter and all, uh, and as a fellow fighter, I have a lot of respect for her.

Kali: (leaning in to ask quietly) Why is he here again?

Blake: He just kind of followed me home.

Kali: I see.

All three Belladonnas watch him and wait for him to either get out of the hole he just talked himself into or keep digging.

In the awkward silence, Sun uses his tail to pick up the tea kettle and pour some more tea into his cup.

Sun: This tea is really good. (sipping) Heh-uh.

The loud sound of the front door knocker resonates, catching everyone's attention.

Ghira: Darn it, I completely forgot about the meeting!

Ghira hits his fist onto the table and Kali quickly covers it with her hand.

Kali: Ghira...

Ghira: Give me a moment.

He gets up and walks out.

Blake: Is everything okay?

Kali: Yes, dear, just poor timing. He can reschedule. It's just been hard dealing with them lately.

Blake: Dealing with who?

Kali: (sipping) Hmm? The White Fang.

Sun & Blake: (rising to their feet) WHAT?!

Blake and Sun rush to the door, where Ghira is speaking with two fox Faunus, Corsac Albain and Fennec Albain. The two visitors maintain respectful, formal postures, keeping their hands clasped before them.

Blake: Dad!

Ghira: Blake, what's wrong?

Corsac: Miss Belladonna.

Fennec: We had no idea you'd returned.

Every time either one of the two Albain brothers speaks, they gesture with their hands and end with clasping their hands before their chests again.

Blake: What are you doing talking to these people?

Ghira: This is Corsac and Fennec Albain. They represent the White Fang here in Menagerie now.

Sun: Those psychos are here, too?!

Fennec: Young man, I'm not sure what you've heard of our organization, but I can assure you, we're not nearly as ferocious as the media would have you believe.

Blake: What we've heard? We've seen firsthand. Your fanatics slaughtered people!

Ghira: What is she talking about?

Corsac: Precisely what we came to discuss with you, Your Grace.

Kali: (approaching) Is everything alright?

Sun: Wait, you guys seriously don't know?

Ghira: (dangerously) Know what?

Blake: The White Fang was at the Fall of Beacon. They attacked innocent civilians and they released Grimm into the school.

There is a brief silence. Fennec makes an innocent, sideways glance at his brother. Ghira slowly turns to face the two White Fang representatives.

Ghira: Is this true?

Fennec: Sadly, Your Grace, it is.

Blake: Don't act like you're s—

Ghira: That's enough! (to the Albains) Explain yourselves.

Corsac: Though it pains us to admit, it has become apparent that the Vale branch of the White Fang is no longer operating under orders of High Leader Khan. Rather, they've elected to follow the rule of one Adam Taurus. I believe you're all familiar with the young adept and his... extreme philosophies.

Sun: You know, Beacon wasn't the first time the Fang started shooting up Vale!

Fennec: The High Council had their suspicions of a splinter group, but they could prove nothing until this latest incident.

Blake: "Incident"? People are dead!

Corsac: And it is a tragedy.

Fennec: Your Grace, we came to assure you that Brother Taurus and his followers do not represent the will of the White Fang.

Ghira: And how can I be sure of that?

Corsac: We understand if you bear any skepticism towards these claims. The White Fang's tactics are admittedly, more aggressive since you stepped down as High Leader and became Chieftain of Menagerie. But this, this is no way to make our message heard.

Fennec: We have ample documentation from the council meeting, as well as several strategies to apprehend and punish these strays if you care to review them.

Ghira: I will, but another day. I'd like some time to reconnect with my daughter.

Corsac: But of course, Your Grace.

Fennec: We completely understand. It was a pleasure to see you again, young Blake.

Corsac: We were saddened when we heard of your departure from the White Fang, but understand if you can no longer support our cause.

Fennec: It is a wearying fight, after all.

Blake: Who says I'm done fighting?

Corsac: Hmm... If you ever do wish to return, you need merely come find us.

Fennec: Sister Ilia would be elated.

Ghira: Goodbye, gentlemen.

He firmly closes the door on them. Kali moves to stand closer and face her husband while Blake walks off.

Sun: So... those guys were creepy.

Ghira: I really don't like you.

Outside, the two brothers descend the steps, perfectly in sync and their formally clasped hands. Corsac, however, is now using the prayer posture that Fennec had been using all along.

Fennec: An interesting development, wouldn't you say?

Corsac: Interesting indeed.

Fennec: So, shall we inform Brother Adam?

Corsac: Oh, we shall.

They exchange unsettling grins.

5 Months After the Fall, Tyrian

Back at the tavern in Higanbana, the waitress is scrubbing the floor. The sound of approaching footsteps cease when a voice addresses her, making the waitress look up.

Tyrian Callows: Excuse me. (licking lips) I was hoping you could... help me find someone.

Tyrian laughs maniacally as the camera fades to black, showing only his eyes, before they fade to black as well.

3 Months after the Fall, Y/N

Laura wakes up from the sound of punches and cloth tearing, she walks outside the tent and sees Y/N train.

Y/N punches the training bag and his fist goes through, ripping the bag. It looked like this happened a lot, since there were a couple torn punching bags stacked over each other.

Laura: (rubbing her eyes) Try using wood instead.

Y/N looks to his back and sees Laura going back to her and the other's tent. He looks at the bags and picks them up.

He walked outside the camp and dragged the bags outside. He walked around the forest, smoking. He heads towards a river and dips himself in.

He takes off his clothes and starts washing them. He separated his other clean clothes and puts the washed clothes into the basket.

Y/N puts his clean clothes on a rock and dries himself with a towel. He picks up his clean clothes and puts them on.

He heads back before encountering a Beowolf.

Y/N: Thought you'd show up. (putting a cigar in his mouth) C'mon let's dance.

The Beowolf snarled and pounced onto Y/N. Y/N smacked it away onto the ground, the Beowolf picked itself up and circled around him. Y/N allows the Beowolf to pounce on his back, giving it a chance.

As the Beowolf latches it's claws onto Y/N, Y/N rolled on his back and stayed in that position, suffocating the Beowolf.

Y/N: How's that feeling? (continues to push himself backwards) A little more then I'll let you go.

Y/N let's go of the Beowolf and it runs away. Y/N smirks and walks back to the camp.

He opens the gate and sees the Tribe members all back to work. The Members greet Y/N and he gave a nod back at them all.

He walks inside Raven's tent and sees her asleep on the bed. He walks over and brews some tea.

Raven wakes up and sees her Adopted Father make tea. Y/N pours tea into the two teacups.

Raven: Oh, You don't have to.

Y/N: It's a perfect morning for tea. (picks up the tea and offers her the tea) Here.

Raven takes the cup and looks at Y/N before drinking it.

Y/N: Did I get it right?

Raven: Yes. Yes, you did. (sets the teacup down) I'm still getting used to seeing you here again.

Y/N: that's a good thing, right?

Raven: What kind of question is that? Of course it is!

Y/N looks to the camp and sees the Tribe Members.

Y/N: I built all of this?

Raven: Yes, and when you were gone, I took position after your selected leader died.

Y/N: You do good with your place, right?

Raven looks down and doesn't answer.

Y/N: No, no no Raven. (crouched to her level and picks her head up) What did you do?

Raven: It's not what did I do, it's how many times I've done it.

Y/N stands up and rests his hands on his waist.

Raven: The world all went wrong when you disappeared! I was just not right in the mind at that time.

Y/N: All that matters is that you don't do it anymore. I know stealing is faster than doing the process but, we've got enough men and resources to do a little mine.

Raven: The members might not agree to it.

Y/N: That's where you come in.

Raven: Well, why don't you do it?

Y/N: They've only known me for about a week, what are you talking about?

Raven looks down and at Y/N, which does she care more, her people or the man who saved her.

Raven: I'll talk to Vernal about it.

Y/N: Alright, I'll go to Pyrrha and the others.

Y/N goes to the exit and glances back at Raven one last time before stepping outside.

As always, Wade was probably losing in a card game, and Laura was filling up her stomach. Y/N goes inside the tent and sees Pyrrha laying on the bed.

Y/N sits down next to her.

Y/N: What's wrong?

Pyrrha: When are we meeting the others?

Y/N: Once I convince Raven to take us to them.

Pyrrha rolls to face the other side. Y/N sighs and puts facepalms.

Y/N: You really want to meet them, don't you?

Pyrrha: Of course I do, Y/N why wouldn't I?!

Y/N: Alright, sure. You get to the others, and what? Huh, Pyrrha? What next? You get a chance at a good life and you throw it away for some stupid kids!

Pyrrha: A Bandit's life is not a good life; Y/N, You should know that.

Y/N stands up and leaves the tent. He closes his eyes and stops himself from spewing fire. He walks outside the camp and matches into the woods.

Inside the forest, he punches a tree several times out of rage, each punch he shouts "Why?!"

At it's final straw, Y/N kicks down the tree and it took down other trees.

Y/N drops down to the ground and leans on the tree stump. He leans his head back and falls asleep.

4 Months after the Fall, Y/N

Pyrrha has quit asking Y/N about when she will meet her friends. She knows the burden he carries and took in his words about what she will do when she does meet her friends.

It was night and the group had finished their hunting trip. They had full bellies and was ready to tuck in.

Wade: I can't believe it's been a full four months since Beacon fell.

Pyrrha: Thank you for the friendly reminder, Wade.

Wade: Hey! At least you got some action with the big bad, I got stuck in a damn locker! (throws a pillow at Pyrrha)

Pyrrha: Oh! Now you've done it, Wade! (grabs her pillow)

Laura: Pillow fight!

Y/N walks out of Raven's tent after having a conversation about how the members have adapted on the new lifestyle. He walks to the groups tent and sees their silhouettes pillow-fighting from outside.

He walks in and the group stops fighting.

Y/N: What the hell- (gets attacked by a Rouge pillow)

Laura: (points at Wade) He did it.

Y/N slowly grabs the pillow from the ground and walks to the group.

Pyrrha: We'll have to band together to take him down!

Wade: Alright! Team PLW (Plow) is initiating it's first attack!

From the outside, their silhouettes can be seen being attacked by Y/N.

Vernal walks out of Raven's tent and sees the shadows.

Vernal: Looks like they're having fun.

Vernal went inside her tent and went to go to sleep.

Y/N walked out of the tent, covered in feathers. He smacked away the feathers off of him. Y/N looks at Raven's tent before walking towards it.

He opens the tent and goes inside. There, Raven stares at a picture of Yang. Y/N looks down and looks back up again.

Y/N: She'll be fine, Raven.

Raven: I don't know what to do..

Y/N: Me neither. But, Taiyang can probably buy her an arm. A better one.

Raven: I don't know if he has that kind of money.

Y/N: Yeah.. Raven.. I want to talk about Pyrrha on meeting her friends.

Raven: I told you, Y/N; We'll go if we can, right now, the Tribe needs you.

Y/N: Yeah, but what if the rest of the world needs me?

Raven: The world, needs you? Have you seen what they do to your name? They make this monster out of you.

Y/N: Those stories are my doing, they're true. They're all true.

Raven: I don't care if they are or not, all I care about is not losing you ever again.

Y/N: Who said I'm leaving, Raven? I'm just going with Pyrrha, and I'll come back as soon as I'm done.

Raven: I'll.. Fine, I'll figure something out..

Y/N smiles and hugs Raven, to which she hugs back.

Y/N: Thanks Raven, you're doing the world a favor.

Raven: Just so you know, the world doesn't deserve you.

Y/N: I know it too. (lays down on his bed) But, it's a dirty job, someone's gotta do it.

Raven: (rests her head on her pillow) Goodnight, Y/N.

Y/N: Night, Raven..

5 Months after the Fall, RNJR

It is a cloudy day, and RNJR is following a mossy stone tile path through the wilderness. While walking, Nora Valkyrie stretches her arms up wide.

Nora: Another day, another adventure!

Beside her, Jaune Arc reads a map while Ruby Rose and Lie Ren continue alongside them.

Ruby: What's on the agenda today?

Jaune: Walking!

Nora: With a side of...?

Ren: Walking.

Ruby: (sighs) Haven is a lot farther away than I thought.

Ren: Ruby? How long did you think this journey was going to take?

Ruby: I don't know! I grew up in a small area; I've never been this far away from home!

Jaune: Right but... how long?

Ruby: Maybe like, uh... two weeks?

Jaune: (looking up from the map to glare at her) What?!

Ruby: Okay, fine! Three or something! (not making eye contact) Look, whatever.

Ruby looks up again after a beat and notices something ahead.

Ruby: Hey, what's that?

Nora jumps onto a slightly fallen post of a fence to get a closer look at a wall and building ahead.

Jaune: That's... strange. (checking his map) I didn't think we'd be hitting another village for a few days.

Nora: Are those buildings... damaged?

Jaune: We should search for survivors!

Jaune drops the map and all four go running into the village, with Nora leaping onto the wall and to a rooftop from there. They discover the town to be empty. Ruby lifts a fallen plank of wood to find only plant outgrowth underneath.

Ruby: Anything?

Nora: Nothing over here!

Jaune: No one over here, either!

Ren: It almost seems like... the town was abandoned.

Ruby looks around while the others go offscreen, feeling unease in the wind.

Nora: Hey, I think I found something!

Ruby turns and rushes over. Nora, Jaune and Ren are looking at a town sign. Nora moves the ivy growing over it to the side to read what it says.

Nora: Oniyuri? Never heard of it.

Jaune: Me neither.

Ren: I have.

The other three look at him, surprise on Nora and Ruby's faces.

Ren: You might think of it as Anima's Mountain Glenn, had it never been completed. Years ago, the richest members of Mistral were unhappy with how the Kingdom was being run.

As Ren speaks, there are wide shots showing the various unfinished buildings, disrepair and neglect of the village.

Ren: Frustrated with the council, they pooled their resources together to build their own city, with their own laws. They hoped that one day, it could maybe even become its own Kingdom. Many thought it would be the future.

Ren walks away from the other three.

Ren: I know my parents did.

Ruby: What happened?

He brushes some dirt off of the stone border of a low wall to reveal claw marks.

Ren: What always happens.

Jaune: The Grimm.

Ren tightens his hands into fists.

Ren: Not just any, one.

Ruby briefly faces Nora in confusion, but Nora doesn't move her concerned gaze away from Ren. Ruby turns back to him.

Ruby: One?

Several small black birds take off from a tree outside Oniyuri's wall. They fly over the village and the four travelers.

Jaune: Come on. Let's just get through here. This place gives me the creeps.

He turns and leaves, soon followed by Nora. Ren lingers for a moment for a few moments, seemingly in thought, then follows. Ruby is the last to move as she looks over the empty village. Leaves blow through behind her after she follows her friends.

Dramatic, feminine vocalizing is heard.

The broken moon shines brightly to the sound of Weiss Schnee singing.

She stands alone on a large, empty stage, singing a wordless aria, her arms outstretched. She is perfectly positioned below the center of the painted emblem of Atlas that dominates the stage.

The song changes to emphatic lyrics.

"I am not your pet, not another thing you own.
I was not born guilty of your crimes."

"Your riches and your influence can't hold me anymore."

"I won't be possessed,
burdened by your royal test."

"I will not surrender.
This life is mine."

Weiss concludes her song and bows while the audience applauds. She looks up to the balcony above stage left where her father and brother are watching. Jacques Schnee remains seated, not applauding, while Whitley Schnee is standing giving a slower paced, sarcastic clap.

Weiss looks back at the audience, all clapping still in their seats. She turns and walks backstage, her feigned smile replaced with a frown.

A waiter carrying martini glasses on a tray opens up a door and enters the ballroom where people mill about to soft piano notes. He holds the tray next to a young man, who takes a glass before walking off. A blonde woman in a dark green halter dress stops to look at the waiter before moving on. Background conversation is audible.

Second Waiter: Need anything else?

Blonde Woman: No.

The blonde walks up to a man.

Background Man: Hey. Nice dress.

Blonde Woman: What, this old thing?

Background Man: Heh. Didn't you enjoy the performance?

Blonde Woman: Yes, she has a lovely voice.

The camera pans the room, showing a number of dressed up people as the waiter moves across the room. On the far opposite end of the room is a display area with three large paintings and two abstract statues.

To one side Jacques is conversing with a man in glasses and a gray-haired woman in a green dress. They are laughing. Weiss is behind her father, looking at the floor with her hands held primly behind her back. Whitley stands similar further behind their father, only his gaze is directly on him.

Jacques: That's precisely my point. We offer Faunus the exact same wages given to the rest of our mining staff. Their argument's completely invalid right out of the gate.

Businessman: Well, I think the bigger issue here...

Weiss: (to herself) Ugh.

Businessman: ...is our society as a whole.

Jacques: (scoffing) Why, you mean Atlas?

As they converse, Weiss looks over to the largest painting on the end of the ballroom, depicting Beacon Academy with its Cross Continental Transmit tower still standing.

Businessman: Atlas, Mantle... You can't deny the economic disparity between the two.

Businesswoman: I mean, what exactly are you suggesting?

Weiss starts to step away, only to have her forearm grabbed by her father, who doesn't even turn around. Weiss halts, startled.

Businessman: I'm just saying I don't think it's necessarily an issue of compensation as much as it is one of opportunity...

Jacques: (pulling Weiss back and turning to face her) Where are you going?

Weiss: (with a meek expression) I'm... just a little thirsty.

Jacques: Sweetheart, we have people for that.

He lets go of Weiss and begins to raise his arm to call over a waiter. Weiss stops him by grabbing his forearm, prompting a sideways glance from Whitley.

Weiss: What? No, I can get it. I'll be right back, I promise.

The two lock gazes as the conversation next to them continues.

Businesswoman: Look, no one asked them to move here.

Businessman: But companies like the SDC promised jobs.

Jacques decides to let Weiss go and turns back to his companions.

Jacques: I'm sorry, I tuned out for a second, but sounds like I'm the good guy again?

Jacques and the businesswoman share a laugh. Weiss moves across the room to look at the painting of Beacon Academy. She has barely reached it when Henry Marigold speaks to her.

Henry: It's beautiful. (pauses) You two match.

Weiss stands with her arms crossed, maintaining a cold expression throughout most of the conversation.

Weiss: Yes, it's a lovely painting.

Henry: So, that was my attempt at breaking the ice. How am I doing so far?

Weiss: (sigh) You are leaving a lot to be desired.

Henry: Well, I've always appreciated honesty. (offering his hand) Henry. Marigold.

Weiss turns her head to look at him.

Weiss: Weiss Schnee.

She lightly places her fingers across his in a very loose handshake.

Henry: I know, I saw your performance. (cringes at himself) Obviously. (clears his throat) You were wonderful. And I promise I'm not just saying that 'cause you're pretty.

Weiss turns her attention back to the painting, and there is brief silence between the two.

Henry: Honesty, remember? So, you thinking about buying it?

Henry begins to rattle the railing as he speaks.

Weiss: No. I don't think so.

Henry: Yeah, kinda pricey for a painting.

Weiss: (annoyance in her voice) It's to raise money.

Henry: Oh really? For what?

Weiss: For what? (throwing him a disgusted look)

Henry: Heheh, I'll admit, I only come to these things for the food and drinks.

He reaches out and takes a champagne flute as a waiter walks by.

Henry: And the extraordinary company. Of course.

As he sips his drink, Weiss shifts her stance to face him.

Henry: So what, is it another Mantle fundraiser or something?

Weiss: Get. Out.

Henry: (with a slight laugh) What?

Weiss: Get out, or I will have security escort you out.

Henry: But I haven't done any-

Weiss: Leave!

Weiss takes on a more aggressive stance as she raises her voice. He stares at her in disbelief before obeying.

Henry: Pfft, whatever.

She watches him walk away, and once he is gone, she turns back to the painting, crosses her arms and closes her eyes.

Angry Businessman: No, no, no! I asked for a double sundae! This is completely... (drowned out by chatter)

Waiter: I'm so sorry. Sir.

The camera pans up the Beacon Academy painting, then shows the sign in front of the display, which reads:

"SHOW THE WORLD WE CARE

All proceeds go to the Kingdom of Vale".

Weiss' eyes are open again as if she had just been observing the painting, and she once again closes her eyes. The chatter of the party guests grows louder, but one voice stands out among the rest.

Trophy Wife: But really, does it come as any surprise, what happened to Vale?

Weiss opens her eyes and turns slightly, peering over her shoulder at the woman.

Trophy Wife: It was a long time coming if you ask me.

Husband: Honey...

The Trophy Wife's Husband places his hand on her shoulder, trying to shush her, but she shakes it off, leaving him to glance around the room with a forced, nervous grin.

Trophy Wife: What? (laughing) You said the same thing last night. If they're so arrogant to think they can get by without proper kingdom defense, then I say good riddance.

While she talks, her Husband drops the act and heaves a silent sigh. The Trophy Wife's rant is cut off by a voice shouting angrily across the room at her.

Weiss: Shut up!

The room falls silent, and all of the party goers turn to look at her.

Jacques: Weiss?

Her voice still raised, Weiss angrily gestures to the guests while she speaks.

Weiss: You don't have a clue! None of you do!

Trophy Wife: Excuse me?

Weiss: You're all just standing around talking about nothing! Worrying about your hair, your money, your stupid problems that don't mean anything!

Her father quickly approaches her while Whitley looks on with a faint smile on his face.

Jacques: Weiss, that's enough.

He grabs her wrist, and she immediately begins struggling to pull away.

Weiss: Let go of me!

Jacques: You're embarrassing the family!

Weiss: I said let go!

Weiss breaks free her father's grasp with a harsh tug, but in the process, she loses her balance and collapses to the floor. Suddenly, a glyph manifests next to Weiss, and a Boarbatusk is summoned. She looks at it with wide eyes, her jaw dropping. The Boarbatusk Summon charges toward the Trophy Wife.

Trophy Wife: Please, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, just leave me alone.

It leaps toward her and her Husband, jaws wide open, but it is shot down by James Ironwood before it can reach her.

Trophy Wife: Arrest her! What are you waiting for? She's insane, she should be locked up.

Ironwood: She's the only one making sense around here. Thanks for the party, Jacques.

The general casually makes his exit. Still on the floor, Weiss looks up to see her father turn to glare at her.

5 Months after the Fall, RNJR

As the four members of Team RNJR continue out of Oniyuri, Ren suddenly senses something. He puts out his hand to stop the other three, eyes closing as he focuses. Somewhere close by Tyrian Callows can be seen running. Ren draws his weapon. Ruby, Nora and Jaune immediately follow suit. Tyrian soon leaps high over the wall to engage them in combat.

He immediately takes out his weapons in a seamless motion and, laughing eagerly, moves to attack Ruby.

Ren intervenes, StormFlower clashing with Tyrian's claw blades. Ren attempts to both kick and shoot Tyrian, but he dodges. The two have a couple more attack and parries until Tyrian kicks Ren several feet away.

Tyrian turns to go after Ruby again, who rushed forward with Crescent Rose to meet him. Tyrian uses his blades to block the scythe and kicks Ruby backward.

She easily remains upright and they clash again. Tyrian manages to land a strike on Ruby's right arm, causing her to cry out at the pain and him to laugh. She's doesn't break stride however and leaps back to take a swing at him with her scythe.

He dodges and then lands a moving blow against the body of Crescent Rose, causing a red shimmer to cross her Aura in the area of the strike.

Jaune steps in at that moment and Tyrian climbs onto his shield and grins at him. Nora rushes in with Magnhild, but Tyrian just leaps from Jaune's shield to her hammer and up through the top story of a narrow, rectangular building. Holding himself up with his feet on wooden frames to either side of him, Tyrian looks down at Team RNJR.

Jaune: We're not looking for a fight!

Ren: Who are you?

Tyrian leans forward, drops from the tower, does a front flip, and lands on his feet in front of them.

Tyrian: Who I am matters not to you. (points to Ren) Or you. (points to Nora) Or— (cuts himself off and pauses) Well... you do interest me. (pointing to Jaune)

Jaune gasps nervously.

Tyrian: No, I only matter to you.

He points to Ruby, and the rest of RNJR turn to look at her. She tilts her head in confusion.

Ruby: Me?

Tyrian: (breaks down into laughter) You, you haven't the slightest clue, do you? Oh, how exciting this must be.

Ruby: What do you want?

Tyrian begins acting dramatically in response to her tone of voice.

Tyrian: Oh, the rose has thorns! My little flower, I'm here to whisk you away with me!

Nora: Well, what if she doesn't want to go with you?

He stares for a moment with his lips scrunched up before answering.

Tyrian: Well, I'll take her.

Jaune walks over and stands between him and Ruby, his shield held in front of him.

Jaune: We're not going to let you do that.

Tyrian closes his eyes and inhales through his teeth. His eyes slowly open, and he happily growls a single word with a dark grin.

Tyrian: Good.

Delighted that they're willing to fight, Tyrian moves fast to attack Jaune from behind.

Ren: Jaune!

Ren deliberately shoots Jaune's shield so that the ricochet hits Tyrian. Tyrian covers his eyes with his arm and then cartwheels onto Jaune's shield, using his claw blades to spin in the air against it. Ruby steps in to face Tyrian on his descent, but he just kicks her to the side. She regains her ground by using Crescent Rose to steady herself. Jaune takes a swing with his sword at Tyrian, but he simply dodges and kicks him away as well.

His next move is to run toward Nora. From across the way, Ruby grins and shoots Nora with lightning Dust. It passes just over Tyrian's left shoulder, and he turns as he senses it. Nora gets knocked down when the bolt makes contact, dropping Magnhild in the process.

Mistaking the move for an error on Ruby's part, Tyrian gives Nora a baffled stare and laughs while Ren, Jaune and Ruby simply watch and wait.

Tyrian: Well, if that isn't ironic.

He senses something is up and loses his mirth. With a determined, satisfied grin, a now upright and supercharged Nora rushes Tyrian from behind, moving over his right shoulder and coming before him just in time to hit him with Magnhild. The blast from the contact has the other three covering their eyes from the backwash of dust and air, Jaune actually taking cover behind his shield.

The air clears to reveal a perfectly fine Tyrian in a crouch, using his now unveiled scorpion tail to block Magnhild. He giggles and curls his fingers at Nora.

Tyrian: Surprise.

He kicks Nora twice in the face before leaping backwards and upward onto a roof, leaving his coat behind.

Ren: He's... a Faunus.

Ruby: What is this about? The White Fang? Roman Torchwick?

Tyrian: Plastic soldiers and pawns. My heart and body belong only to our goddess!

Ruby: Cinder...

Tyrian: Hmph, only in her wildest dreams.

Tyrian leaps back into the fray. He uses his tail to knock Crescent Rose down. Though surprised, Ruby doesn't lose her grip on it. The two both attack each other and miss until Tyrian kicks Ruby backwards again.

Tyrian uses his tail to go after Ren before finally kicking him away and attacking Jaune next.

A crow flies determinedly toward the fray while Tyrian kicks Jaune back and then Nora, and then Ren returns for more only to leap away again. Without missing a beat, Tyrian lets Ren be and goes after Ruby again. In quick succession, he delivers a right hook to her face and a left blow to her torso, causing red shimmers on her Aura on her head and chest respectively. He turns and swings his tail to knock her back into the air. She flies back several feet and he rushes forward to meet her before she lands. While Ruby's still midair, he kicks her right in the abdomen, causing a large red shimmer over her abdomen and hips.

The incoming crow turns into Qrow Branwen who keeps running forward after landing.

Tyrian approaches Ruby on the ground and raises his stinger, his eyes turning dark purple. Nora, who is comforting a fallen Ren, and Jaune both look on in horror. Laughing, Tyrian is about to strike with his scorpion tail when Qrow bursts through a building and inserts himself between them, holding his weapon behind his back.

There's a metallic noise as Tyrian's stinger hits against Qrow's weapon and clips into the blade. He lets out a nervous giggle of surprise while Ruby and Qrow make eye contact and smile at each other.

Qrow: Hey.

A week before Ruby's departure, Y/N

Y/N grunts as he is thrown against a tree. He groans as he gets up and draws his claws again.

Y/N: C'mon.. (wipes dirt off) is that all you got?

Y/N puts up his claws, and charges at Laura. Y/N blocks Laura's left swing and kicks her, Laura takes a step back and rushes at Y/N. Y/N side-steps and trips her.

Laura: Cheap tricks are all you got, dad.

Y/N: Hey, cheap tricks are all you need to fight. (gestures her to come at him again)

Laura jumps up and grabs a branch, she breaks the branch and hits Y/N with it. The wood breaks on impact.

Y/N: See? That's a cheap trick. But cheap tricks don't work on me, bub.

Wade: What's this about cheap tricks?

Wade comes out of nowhere with assault rifles and rpgs. Pyrrha sits on a rock and watches the three fight each other. Wade starts shooting and the two metal-clawed mutants jump into cover.

Laura: Wade! Where the hell did you even get those from?!

Wade: From the Author, of course!

Y/N: (to Laura) Who the fuck is he talking about? (back to Wade) Stop shooting, asshole!

Wade: Don't worry! It's about to run out real soon!

Y/N: Screw this. (grabs a chunk of dirt and throws it at Wade)

Wade: (coughs) Hey! (cough) What the- (cough) fuck!

Y/N jumps from cover and tackles Wade, he gets on top of him and punches away at his head.

Wade: If you keep punching, I won't feel a thing!

Y/N stops and gets off of him. He lays down on the ground.

Pyrrha: (walks over with drinks in hand) That looked fun.

Laura: Tell me about it. (lays down next to Y/N)

Pyrrha sets her basket and sits down. She takes a water bottle from her basket and drinks.

Laura: Hey, give me some. (Pyrrha hands her a fresh water bottle) Thanks.

Wade: Aside from Y/N punching my face a bunch of times, I'd say this was a pretty good day.

Laura: Hey Pyrrha, what was it like being top fighter in class?

Pyrrha: Honestly, the praise you get will start to get to you and change you as a person.

Laura: So.. not that great?

Pyrrha: Yup, that summarizes it.

Wade: Have you tried lifting Y/N up with your semblance?

Pyrrha: I have, it didn't work. I guess his metal is too dense. I can lift him, just not very far.

Wade: What about Laura? Only her claws are metal.

Pyrrha: You're right, I have never tried it in her before.

Laura: Uhh... do I not get a say in this.

Pyrrha: It's harmless Laura, I'll only lift you up.

Laura: What do you say, dad?

Y/N: Whatever, do what you want, I'm just gonna hit the hay.

Laura: (sighs) Alright, let's do it.

Pyrrha: (stands up) Relax your arms, otherwise you're going to be hard to lift.

Laura relaxes and Pyrrha puts her hand out, she concentrates and Laura lifts up from the ground.

Laura: OK! OK! Let me down!

Pyrrha stops and puts her down.

Laura: That was a weird feeling..

Wade: We should make some moves out of that!

Pyrrha: (smiles) We should.

5 Months After the Fall, Oscar Pine

Oscar Pine sits on his bed in his room, reading a book by the light of a lantern.

Oscar's Aunt: (yelling from another room) Oscar, supper's almost ready!

Oscar: What're we having?

Oscar's Aunt: Doesn't matter! You're eating it!

Oscar: (jokingly) I never agreed to these terms!

Oscar's Aunt: It's part of the "living under my roof" contract! Read the fine print, then come wash up!

Oscar closes his book and stands up. He is walking toward the door when a voice resounds, causing him to pause.

Ozpin: (disembodied) We have to leave.

Oscar continues forward.

Ozpin: Oscar. Oscar!

Oscar is about to grasp the door handle, but holds back.

Oscar: I've decided you're not real, so you might as well give up.

Ozpin: I understand how you're feeling. I went through the same panic and confusion.

Oscar turns around and looks at an open book on the floor. He bends down and shuts it, talking aloud as he puts it and the one next to it away on a shelf.

Oscar: (to himself) It's not real. It's not real. It's not real.

Oscar stands up and his reflection is visible in the window.

Ozpin: I can assure you, you are perfectly sane.

Oscar: (to Ozpin) I'm talking to a voice in my head.

Ozpin: I didn't say you were normal. I said you were sane.

Oscar starts to leave his room again.

Ozpin: There's quite a significant difference between--

Oscar: Shut up! You think this is funny? It's not.

Ozpin: We are in complete agreement on that matter, I promise you. Believe me, I wish this weren't the case. But as I've told you, our Aura, our souls are combined.

Oscar looks up at the ceiling without really focusing on anything but clearly showing his disgust.

Oscar: I'm done listening to you.

Ozpin: Have you ever been to Haven?

Oscar: I told you I'm not going, and I told you I'm done listening.

Ozpin: Do you think you could describe the headmaster's office?

Oscar: No. Why would I know that? I've never seen--

Ozpin: Try. Right now.

Oscar: It's probably... It's...

His eyes widen and his face slackens. The visual pans around his head in a circle as he continues to speak.

Oscar: It's autumn-colored... with a large mahogany desk. There's a small table with chairs in a corner for guests, with a tea set that... I... I gave him.

The pan stops when Oscar refers to himself in the first person. He puts his hand to his head, disconcerted.

Oscar: Why did I say that? Why did I know that? Why did I say that?

Oscar becomes increasingly bothered and he starts backing up, dropping his hand.

Ozpin: Because I helped build that school, and the tea set was a gift to the man running it now.

Oscar sits on his bed and holds his head, groaning.

Ozpin: If you don't believe me, you can look it up. If I recall, your aunt has several books on Mistral downstairs. I'm certain you could find a picture in one of them.

Oscar: (straightening up and lowering his hands) That... that's right, I must've seen it in a picture. (sighing)

Ozpin: Oscar...

Oscar stands upright, tightening his fists at his sides and shouts.

Oscar: Stop talking to me!

Ozpin: I have a grave responsibility to uphold. We both do.

Oscar: (falling to his knees) I never agreed to anything.

Ozpin: No, you didn't. And neither did I, at first. But you do have an opportunity.

Oscar: For what?

Ozpin: Greatness, hopefully. Greatness in knowing that, when the world needed help, you were the one to reach out your hand. It won't come without hardship, without sacrifice, but I know you don't want to live the rest of your life working as a farmhand in Mistral.

Oscar: (hands on his head again, eyes wide) So you just decided to read my thoughts?

Ozpin: I... well. They're our thoughts, now.

Oscar: (groaning) Get out of my head!

Oscar's Aunt: Oscar! Supper time! I better see clean hands!

Oscar looks toward the door, but remains silently on the floor.

5 Months After the Fall, Weiss Schnee

Weiss Schnee sits on her bed in her room with her head bowed and her hands folded in her lap. Jacques Schnee paces in front of her.

Jacques: Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable.

Jacques suddenly stops, then turns and points at her.

Jacques: Do you have any idea what your stunt cost us?

Weiss: I—

Jacques: (cutting her off) And don't think I'm just talking about Lien here! Our reputation! Our... our...

Jacques sighs angrily and holds his head, unable to come up with the words to finish expressing the gravity of her mistake. Weiss waits for a moment before speaking.

Weiss: I want to leave.

Jacques: I beg your pardon?

Weiss: I said I want to leave. I don't want to stay here anymore. I don't want to stay in Atlas anymore!

Jacques: Young lady, I don't give a damn about what you want! This isn't about you. This is about the Schnee family name and your apparent insistence on dragging it through the mud!

Weiss: (Stands up from the bed) I have done nothing but fight to uphold the honor of my family name, a name that you married into!

Jacques slaps Weiss hard on her left cheek, sending her head to the side as she gasps in reaction. She puts her hand on her cheek and turns to face her father, looking at him a little incredulously as she lowers her hand.

He looks right back at her, unrepentant. When he begins speaking again, his voice suddenly sounds calm yet intimidating.

Jacques: This behavior of yours is incredibly disappointing. You couldn't possibly understand the lengths I've gone to in order to keep this family where it is. You think running off like your sister is going to make the Schnee name stronger? You're wrong. Siding with her only divides us.

Weiss: I'm not siding with anyone. I'm doing what I feel is right, and that does not include wasting my time up here...

Jacques walks away, rolling his eyes as his daughter finishes her rant.

Weiss: ...with these clueless people in Atlas. The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to leave. It's mine, and I'll do it as a Huntress.

Jacques stops and slowly turns to face her again. As he speaks, he moves to stand in front of his daughter, peering down upon her.

Jacques: No... you won't. You're not leaving Atlas. You're not to leave the manor grounds unless I specifically allow it. You are going to remain here, out of sight and out of trouble, until you and I come to an agreement on your future.

Weiss: What?!

Jacques: Your presupposition that you can simply have whatever it is you want is a clear sign of our failure as parents. But from now on, I'll be giving you the full attention you require, starting by keeping you where I can see you.

With that, Jacques turns once more and walks away.

Weiss: You can't just keep me from leaving!

Again, he stops and turns to look at her.

Jacques: I can, and the staff here will make sure of it.

Weiss: So now I'm just your prisoner?!

Jacques: You are my daughter. You're a child, and children are grounded when they misbehave.

He walks away, and this time, he continues walking even while his daughter speaks.

Weiss: This is only going to make things worse, Father. People will ask questions! They'll want to know why the heiress to the Schnee Dust Company is suddenly nowhere to be found!

Her father stops in front of the door and faces her.

Jacques: Which is why you are no longer the heiress to the Schnee Dust Company.

Weiss takes a step back, stunned.

Weiss: Excuse me?

Jacques: Clearly, the trauma you endured at the fall of Beacon was too much for you. Which is why you've generously revoked your claim to the company and its earnings and passed it on to your brother Whitley.

Weiss stares at Jacques, breathing heavily as she digests the news.

Jacques: It's time to wake up and face reality.

Jacques turns and leaves. Through the open door, we see Whitley waiting and clearly having been eavesdropping. Jacques turns to the left without acknowledging his son.

Weiss takes a moment to deal with her emotions and then steps out into the hall with her fists clenched, calling out to her brother who is moving down the hallway in the opposite direction his father had gone.

Weiss: Whitley?!

Whitley: (turning around with a small smile) Yes, sister?

Weiss: (walking to her brother and crossing her arms) Did you know about this?

Whitley: About what?

Weiss: You never liked Winter. You never liked me. But you've been nothing but supportive since the moment I came back.

Whitley: If being kind to my big sister is some sort of crime, then I suppose I'm guilty.

Weiss' eyes widen with realization.

Weiss: You wanted this to happen.

Whitley: It's foolish not to do as Father asks.

As he speaks, he leans forward, his feigned innocent smile changing into a threatening and angry expression. Weiss stares with a look of hurt and betrayal.

Weiss: I can't believe you.

Whitley: Don't worry, Weiss. The Schnee family name is in good hands.

Whitley turns and walks away, Weiss staring after him.

Weiss returns to her room, collapses face down across her bed and cries. Two airships fly past the window. A second or two later Weiss lifts her head and tightens her fist, a determined look in her eyes.

She walks to the window and pulls the curtains shut. She moves her bed over several feet, pushes a desk and kicks aside a low glass bench at the foot of her bed. A wide shot shows the furniture askew. A cushioned stool is on its side on the floor, and a long white box marked with the Schnee snowflake symbol rests on her vanity. She approaches the box and opens it to reveal Myrtenaster and Dust vials inside. She lifts her weapon and poses with the blade held vertically in front of her face.

5 Months After the Fall, RNJR

Tyrian Callows pulls his tail back. Qrow turns around, swinging his weapon and holding at the ready by his side.

Tyrian: As I live and breathe, Qrow Branwen. (mock bowing) A true Huntsman has entered the fray!

Ruby gets up and sets Crescent Rose on its end. Qrow glances back at her.

Ruby: (to Qrow) I don't know, this guy's weird.

Qrow: (facing Tyrian again) Look, pal, I'm not sure who you are, but you need to leave my niece alone.

Tyrian chortles.

Tyrian: Why, friend, my name is Tyrian. And I'm afraid that is not possible. (places his hands together before gesturing at Ruby) My assignment from Her Grace was to retrieve this young girl. So, that is what I must do. ( placing a hand on his chest) One does not upset the Queen.

Ruby: Queen?

Qrow: Salem.

Ruby: Who?

Tyrian: Hmm, I think we've had enough talk now, don't you?

Tyrian assumes a crouching position.

Qrow: You took the words right out of-

Tyrian rushes Qrow before he can finish voicing the thought and the two begin fighting. Qrow blocks two strikes with Harbinger, then slashes at Tyrian who jumps trying to pierce Qrow as he lands.

Qrow dodges then swings but Tyrian back-flips away and rushes back in. The two clash as Tyrian goes flying, he comes to a stop digging his weapons into the ground. He ducks to avoid a slash from Qrow then leaps aside to dodge a horizontal strike. He follows up with a slash, using the force to transition into a kick that Tyrian slides under, then the Faunus tries to strike his back but it is stopped.

Tyrian attacks again as Qrow parries several thrusts of his tail. As Tyrian blocks a downward strike pinning him on his knees a roof gets damaged by the shock-wave and Tyrian uses The Queen's Servants built in guns to get free.

As Qrow blocks the shots with Harbinger, Tyrian circles him firing a steady barrage, Ren and Nora join in, but Tyrian catches their sneak attack and dodges then easily knocks them away. He moves to chase them as the two land back near Jaune and Ruby, but Qrow intervenes to hold him back.

Qrow: Don't come closer!

The two men continue to fight.

Ruby: Fine!

She takes Crescent Rose to the top of a building and waits for an opening to shoot Tyrian. However, both he and Qrow move too fast for her to get a clear shot. Ruby grimaces in frustration.

Qrow blocks a jab from Tyrian"s tail then counters, Tyrian parries before retaliating with a slash followed by a kick. Qrow ducks before swinging three times as the Faunus avoids them all, before using his tail as a spring to gain altitude as he opens fire again. Qrow blocks the attack then fires a shot of his own then dodges another thrust. Tyrian manages to uses his tail to disarm Qrow flinging the sword away as he rubs his wrist. This slows things down enough for Ruby to repeatedly shoot at him from the roof, but after the first shot misses an amused Tyrian just deflects each with his tail.

Qrow curls his hand into a fist then switches to punching Tyrian in the face. He groans in pain backing up before Qrow lands a few more hits. With a final kick, he manages to send Tyrian flying and casually moves to retrieve Harbinger from where it embedded in a wall. A frustrated Tyrian waits crouched until Qrow has his back turned before striking, but Qrow merely leaps on top of his own weapon and partially changes it to scythe mode. Using the gun barrels he propels himself to a roof top, Tyrian follows as their battle continues. They appear evenly matched until Qrow notices a damaged beam. He tricks Tyrian into landing on it and the Faunus descends into the building and uses his tail to drag Qrow down, too. As the two land, the remaining roof collapses inward.

This is enough to make Ruby decide to no longer stay back. Staring at the dust cloud in concern she descends to street level. Just as she reaches the building, Qrow comes crashing out through a wall, his body bouncing. He tosses Harbinger which lands with its blade in the ground, and Qrow perches atop it. Red flickers of damaged Aura move over his body twice.

Tyrian comes out of the floating dust and grime inside the building, purple flickers moving across his body. As the two begin to strike again, Ruby jumps in between and deflects Tyrian's blades with Crescent Rose.

Jaune: Ruby!

Ren holds Jaune back from moving forward.

Tyrian: Do you wish to be taken?

Ruby: No! But I won't stand by and watch someone get hurt!

Both Qrow and Ruby move in to attack Tyrian who parries both weapons and the three clash. He kicks Qrow away then shoots and jabs at Ruby with tail, she blocks and tries to counter but the blow is knocked aside. His eyes purple again, Tyrian closes in and almost gets her with his stinger, but Qrow blocks it.

Qrow: (glancing to the side) Ruby! What did I say?! Get back!

Ruby: This is my fight, too!

She attacks Tyrian while he's still locked blade-to-blade with Qrow, but his legs arch away from the swing of Crescent Rose.

Qrow: No, it's not that. It's-!

Ruby attacks again, and Tyrian moves to her. He flips and sends her back with a two-footed kick. She slides closer to the building and gains her ground, but the wooden beams near the roof have been shaken up too much and a heavy one breaks and descends upon her. Qrow slices it in half so it falls in pieces to either side of Ruby without touching her.

She smiles at him in gratitude and affection, and he raises his head from his stance to look at her, only to gasp in pain as he is immediately cut in the abdomen by Tyrian's stinger.

Tyrian chuckles while everyone but Ruby pauses in shock. She, however, immediately cuts off the stinger from the rest of Tyrian's tail. It bounces, spurting purple liquid, to the ground. Tyrian reels back and cries out from the pain. Standing, he whirls to face Ruby, infuriated.

Tyrian: You bitch!

He takes a step or two forward but is off balance. Nora, Ren and Jaune all move to block his path to Ruby and Qrow.

Tyrian takes a few awkward steps, not engaging.

Tyrian: (to himself) She'll forgive you.

He runs away.

Qrow, who had still been upright with his weapon at the ready, collapses to one knee and clutches at the wound, panting heavily.

Ruby: (rushing to his side) Uncle Qrow! Are you okay?

Qrow: I'll be fine. He just grazed me.

He pulls his shaking hand away to show the blood on it. The other three arrive at his side.

Nora: Who was that guy?

Ren: How did you get here?

Jaune: Why are people after Ruby?

Ruby: Uncle Qrow? What's going on?

Qrow: (breathing heavily and clutching his abdomen again) What's your favorite fairy tale?

To Be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.4K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...
125K 1.8K 15
RWBY: Embodiment of Scarlet Delicacy (Male Trap Reader x RWBY Harem) You are a young man who got enrolled in Beacon. You used to get bullied at your...
13.9K 237 14
When tragedy befell Kai Blaze as a boy in the mystical world of Remnant, all he wanted was to get stronger, so no one would experience the same loss...
1.2K 2 27
Ok so your name is Y/N L/N you and your Family got out of a Huge Grimm Outbreak in Y/C You and your Family Your Father Mother and Yourself just got o...