The Witcher Oneshots

By we_all_have_secrets_

Oneshots for: Geralt x Reader Jaskier x Reader More

Jaskier: Come With Me

Geralt: Sober

1.1K 28 3
By we_all_have_secrets_

Geralt X Female Reader

Summary: Geralt can't help but feel a pang of jealously whenever you and Jaskier get close. This evening, you tell him that he has no reason to worry.

Word Count: 2300

This wasn't an uncommon occurrence these days, sitting in a tavern and watching you and Jaskier talk and joke. It was tiresome, bothering Geralt in a way that he wasn't quite comfortable explaining or completely thinking about.

The three of you had returned to the little town after completing a contract. You had collected your reward and Geralt went to the inn to bath, ridding himself of monster guts, while you and Jasker agreed to meet him in the tavern afterwards.

After bathing, Geralt crossed the road and pushed opened the door of the tavern. He was used to the way voices lowered and gazes dropped when he entered a room, it didn't bother him. The less people interacting with him, the better. The spotted the two of you almost instantly, both of you already a few drinks in and laughing at a table in the corner.

Geralt headed to the bar, purchasing an ale before approaching the table you were sitting at.

"Geralt! You took your time. Though I can't imagine it's an easy task washing all that gore from your hair" Jaskier commented, the two of you looking up the Witcher approached you both.

"But you're here now and that's what matters" you gave him a smile as he sat down opposite the two of you.

"Hmm" Geralt just nodded, his short response making you smile a little to yourself. It could be strangely endearing at times.

"Ah! Such a profound response, I do love when you bless us with your thoughts" Jaskier jested fondly.

"Oh ignore him...and cheer up. We have some extra coin, that's something to smile about" you reminded him, waving at Jaskier to playfully dismiss him.

"We won't if you keep on the drinks" Geralt hummed.

"Loosen up. We won't spend that much, we'll have enough left over" Jaskier assured him, but Geralt didn't seem convinced.

"Plus, we all deserve to treat ourselves. Especially you, monster-slayer" you attempted to convince him.

"Exactly. I earn the coin and you both spend it" Geralt commented. To anyone else it would appear that he was annoyed but both you and Jaskier knew that he was only joking.

"But you'd have it no other way" you winked.

The corner of Geralt's mouth tugged upwards but nobody that wasn't you or Jaskier would have even noticed, you both just knew him so well now and were able to notice the small things.

You lifted your drink up to your lips, only to find it empty. "Oh..." you frowned, looking into the empty tankard.

"Drink. You need more drink!" Jaskier told you, finding his own tankard empty as well. "To the bar!" he announced and you laughed as you both stood from the table.

Geralt watched, nose subtly scrunching up in distaste, as Jaskier placed his hand on the bottom of your back to guide you through the tavern. He didn't even notice how his grip on his own tankard tightened a he watched Jaskier lean towards you to speak in your ear, as you lent against the bar and waited for your drinks.

It was not the first time that Geralt had found himself beyond irritated by Jaskier's proximity to you.

The two of you were always chatting away about one thing or another, though Geralt couldn't really be mad about it since he took the role of the more silent companion. If he wanted you to speak with him more, he should have made more of an effort, he was aware of that.

The Witcher had also noticed that the two of you often got closer after a few drinks, leaning on each other, laughing about nothing in particular, sometimes even dancing if there was music playing. He understood that it was mostly harmless, you were just enjoying yourself, but it still created an unsettling feeling in his stomach.

Whenever the three of you had a little more money than usual, they would get you your own room at the inn to give you some privacy, since Geralt figured that you didn't want to be trapped with the two of them 24/7. However, even then, Jaskier usually spent hours in your room with you before he returned to the one that he shared with Geralt.

He often tried to distract himself in those moments, tending to his swords or other equipment. Sometimes he wondered why Jaskier didn't just sleep in there with you but a larger part of him was grateful that he didn't, it gave Geralt a reason to question what was really happening on the other side of that wall. Then he would curse himself for even worrying about, it wasn't any of his business.

The rest of the evening went like that, you and Jaskier drinking more that you probably should. You were sitting on the chair beside the bard, his arm draped over the back of it, as Geralt watched with a tense glare. He would never say anything, you were the only friends he had, the only two people he found himself truly caring about, he wouldn't want to ruin your happiness over his own desires.

The three of you shared a few drinks and, as the conversation died down, Jaskier lent into your ear and whispered something that made your eyes widen slightly and your face turn pink.

You both jumped in surprise when Geralt's tankard hit the wooden table. "E-everything alright, Geralt?" you asked, still a little flustered.

"I think you two have had enough" he grunted.

"I can handle my drink just fine, thank you very much" Jaskier insisted with a contradictory slur in his voice.

"I'm cutting you both off" Geralt told you both, leaving no room for argument.

"Geralt-" Jaskier began to argue but you interrupted him.

"No, Jask, he's right" you sighed, placing your hand on his arm. "We have to save some money" you reminded him.

"Fine" Jaskier groaned dramatically, making you laugh.

You stood from your chair and swayed slightly, steadying yourself by holding onto the table. Jaskeir did the same and you laughed at him again.

Geralt grunted to himself as he stood up, ushering you both out of the tavern.

You stumbled out of the door, nearly tripping over your feet. Luckily, Geralt's reflexes were always fast and he hooked an arm around your waist.

"Thanks" you just laughed at your own clumsiness.

Geralt released you once he placed you back on your feet properly but you only stumbled again. Of course, he caught you around the waist again.

"I should have cut you off earlier" Geralt muttered as he steadied you on your feet again.

"I'm fine" you assured him but still lent into him for support. Jaskier was always a bad influence on you when it came to drinking, always bringing out a more outgoing side of you. "Help" you murmured with a small laugh, leaning into the Witcher some more.

Geralt sighed, considering his options before lifting you up, holding you in his arms bridal style. You had absolutely no complaints.

"Jaskier. This way" Geralt ordered when he noticed the bard walking in the wrong direction.

"Yeah, yeah, I know" Jaskier nodded as he turned around and started following the Witcher to the inn across the road.

Geralt led the bard into the inn and up to the two rooms he had rented earlier.

"That's ours" Geralt nodded towards one of the doors.

You shifted in his arms, looking over his shoulder to laugh at Jaskier as he fumbled with the door before managing to open it and disappearing inside. You continued to laugh as you buried your face in Geralt's shoulder, which he tried his best to ignore.

The Witcher just carried you into your room. "Are you mad at Jask?" you asked as you both entered the room.

Geralt was surprised and confused by your question but it didn't show on his face. "No" he answered simply as he placed you on the ground. You placed a hand on his arm as you steadied yourself, quickly becoming stable on your own feet.

"Yes you are. I saw you glaring at him, why?" you asked but he didn't respond. "Geralt, we know you better than anyone. I mean, you're always glaring at people but I can tell when you mean it or when you're just being intimidating" you reminded him as you stepped backwards, away from him. "So, why were you glaring at Jaskier?" you crossed your arms over your chest, trying to act stern that just amused Geralt and you didn't miss the subtle upturn of his mouth.

"He had been drinking and getting a little close. I was just making sure you weren't uncomfortable" Geralt told you.

"Oh..." was all you said at first, surprised by his answer. "Well, thank you but...you don't need to worry about Jaskier" you chuckled, Jaskier was harmless and surely he knew that.

"Yes...the two of have been close recently. I suppose I shouldn't worry" Geralt nodded, his arms folding over his chest.

"...what do you mean?" your head tilted to the side, confused by what he was suggesting.

"You aren't...involved with each other?" Geralt asked, his brow furrowing slightly?

"Me and Jask?...no!" you laughed, dropping your arms to your sides. "Don't get me wrong, he's great but he's just my friend. I'm not interested in him like that and he isn't interested in me" you told him, shaking your head and still laughing slightly.

"I just assumed. He has been spending most of the night whispering in your ear" Geralt pointed out, he wasn't crazy for considering the possibility.

"What? Oh yeah but only because he's making fun of me. Teasing me about you, mostly" you huffed at the memory.

"About me?" Geralt questioned, head tilting to the side ever so slightly.

"Uh...I didn't mean to say that" you blushed, only intriguing the Witcher.

"But you said it" he prodded, deciding not to drop this topic. "What was he saying about me?" he asked.

"Gods Geralt, since when are you so talkative?" you asked, looking away shyly, unable to meet or hold his gaze.

"Well, what was he saying?" Geralt asked again.

"...he was just teasing me" you shrugged.

"About me?" Geralt cocked an eyebrow.

"Uh, yeah...he just kept saying that you were watching us or just pointing out that I was looking at you. He always teases me about my feelings for you, telling me that you feel the same way even thought that's absurd" you rambled, eyes widening when you heard yourself speak. "Ugh, I didn't mean that" you groaned as you brought your hands up to cover your face.

Geralt just watched you for a moment, trying not to let his surprise show on his face.

He didn't like that you were hiding from him, even if he understood your embarrassment. So he stepped towards you and wrapped his hands around your wrists, pulling your hands away from your face.

"You have feelings for me?" Geralt asked, his brow furrowing slightly. He could hear your heartbeat quicken as you looked up at him.

You paused, searching his face for some sort of emotion but he rarely gave anything away, but you gave in and nodded.

"I wasn't sure if Jaskier had told you or not. He promised me that he wouldn't say anything but, well, you know how he can be" you mumbled, avoiding his gaze.

"He didn't mention it" Geralt told you.

"At least one of us can keep our mouth shut" you tried to joke but it felt like it fell flat.

"Hmm" was all that Geralt said and you were a little nervous that he was going back to humming and grunting rather than actually talking. That didn't seem like a good sign.

"Geralt?" you asked nervously. He never spoke but his hands were still holding your wrists. "Sorry" you murmured as he released them. You really didn't want this to mess up your friendship.

Geralt was silent as he scanned your face, his mind working overtime. He wasn't good at talking, that was obvious to everyone he met. He had spent so long believing that he didn't have feelings or that he wasn't supposed to have them that now he couldn't really talk about them at all.

"How drunk are you?" Geralt asked quietly, his question surprising you slightly.

"Pretty damn sober now, not going to lie" you scoffed.

It turns out that the fear of the Witcher's reaction to you accidentally confessing your feelings for him is apparently very sobering.

Geralt just nodded before stepping closer to you. Placing his hand on the side of your neck, he shifted closer to you again. You watched him carefully with slightly widened eyes, your heart feeling like it was about to burst out of your chest. Was this really happening?

Then, the Witcher was leaning down and pressing his lips to yours. You instantly returned his kiss despite your surprise, resting your hands against his chest. The kiss was surprisingly gently, his lips lingering against yours before he pulled away.

"...I'll see you in the morning. Get some rest" Geralt told you as he began to step away from you.

"Geralt" you stopped him by gently grabbing his arm, knowing that he could push you away with ease. "Stay" you requested quietly.

"You've been drinking" Geralt reminded you with a sigh, even though you felt almost sober by this point.

"Then you better not take advantage of me" you joked, tugging him back towards you. "Just stay" you pleaded, meeting his intense gaze,

"...fine" Geralt breathed and you could feel him relax under your hands. You smiled, leaning up to steal another quick kiss from the man.

That night Geralt learnt that he much preferred sleeping with you curled up against his side compared to listening to Jaskier ramble about the plans for his next song.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 12.2K 101
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
268K 5.8K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
945K 16.2K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
90.4K 3.2K 32
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. โ” Lando Norris x Fem!OC ยฉ KissLeclerc , April 2024