Byakuya's diary: notes to His...

By CroftManor21

Just as Byakuya Kuchiki talks to his late wife Hisana's photograph, he writes to her... moments of peace and... More

1. One spring after... peach blossoms and you
2. Another flower blooms...Let me tell you about her...
3. Pale moon and a bloodied sword...
4. Ripples in the pond... silence, and the moon
5. Falling blossoms... barren trees and flights of fancy
6. No victory in sight...
7. Heart as cold as ice...
8. A hundred different tests for my soul.
10. Resonance...fortitude and good fortune

9. A bottomless abyss...

67 3 0
By CroftManor21

I lost, Hisana. I lost, and I am lost. I fought with all I had for everything I believed was right, even when my heart screamed otherwise. I walked past her when they put her on the execution stand, not sparing one glance. I fought with my own emotions, I fought with Renji, I fought that human boy Kurosaki. They gave every drop of their blood and their last ounce of strength to save her, and I forced myself to do the opposite.

Why… why could I not save her, the girl for whom I broke laws and protocols and customs for over 50 years, whom I vowed to protect with all my strength, why did I stand by when they sentenced her, when they strung her up and crucified her…When strangers were willing to die over and over again for her, why could I not do more for her… That boy Kurosaki said he would fight the law, in my position. In my position… I would have scoffed at that earlier, but now… The futility and pointlessness of everything around me now is staggering.

I find that everything in life is a choice. And I chose wrong. Nothing is black and white. The law is not always the last word. Punishment is not always justice. Sentences are not always fair.  And I, as a brother, I should have been there for her instead of leaving her to the system.

My sword is destroyed. I gave my word that I would not pursue Rukia or her saviors any more. Perchance there is something more that I can do in this situation, but I cannot decide on a course of action other than to stay out of the way. I am so tired, my love…I know I do not deserve the title of elder brother. I –
Ah. I hear the Tenteikura. Squad 4 Captain has an announcement. I wonder if Rukia –

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 65.7K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
8.6K 183 11
It is the year 2035, 3 years after world war 3 ended and 3 years and 5 months after operation dragon sky, the invasion of China started, President Je...
393K 13.9K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
5K 113 65
Some information you might want to know