Project X ✔ [O L D V E R S I...

By _salacious

Book 1 of 3 [ C O M P L E T E D ] Most people dream of the stars and the things that come from them. They e... More

Author's Note
|preview|
+ intro +
+ chapter two +
+ chapter three +
+ chapter four +
+ chapter five +
+ chapter six +
+ chapter seven +
+ chapter eight +
+ chapter nine +
+ chapter ten +
+ chapter eleven +
+ chapter twelve +
+ chapter thirteen +
+ chapter fourteen +
+ chapter fifteen +
+ chapter sixteen +
+ chapter seventeen +
+ chapter eighteen +
+ chapter nineteen +
+ chapter twenty +
+ chapter twenty-one +
+ chapter twenty-two +
+ chapter twenty-three +
+ chapter twenty-four +
+ chapter twenty-five +
+ chapter twenty-six +
+ chapter twenty-seven +
+ chapter twenty-eight +
+ chapter twenty-nine +
Question
Rewrite

+ chapter one +

213K 7K 4.4K
By _salacious

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

Alexa sat down, pulling her legs underneath her butt as she clicked through the channels, hoping to find something worth watching. Finally, she stopped it on a comedy channel, laughing quietly at the stupidity people were doing to get paid—to make her laugh.

Just as she was finally easing into the show, the TV screen turned black and made a high pitched noise. She groaned, covering her ears as red lettering began to appear on the screen; the President's announcement.

This programme has been temporarily interrupted for an important announcement.

Alexa rolled her eyes, shifting on the couch as she muttered under her breath about the stupid announcement interrupting her show.

"Dear fellow Americans," President Goodhart smiled, his pearly white teeth glittering along with his dark brown eyes. Out of all the latest president's, Goodhart looked the oldest in the shortest time. His light coloured skin wrinkled quickly and his brown hair had silver lines alongside.

"I am proud to say that our relationship with the extra-terrestrial community is still great. We have managed to keep them happy with the piece of land we gifted them and no wars are seen on the horizon." He shifted against the podium, tightening his knuckles against it and continued reading the speech, "Due to their advanced technology we cannot afford to anger them or become their enemy; which leads me to the point of this announcement."

Goodhart stared up at the camera, his brown eyes shimmering as he spoke smoothly. "The Xrions have asked for our help yet again; their women have died of an incurable disease and they are in need of our support." He cleared his throat, his eyes staring at his paper quickly before he said, "This is where our part comes in, the leader of the Xrions has requested that we give them women."

Murmurs and questions quickly began drowning him out and he raised his hands, hoping to calm the people down. "It sounds inhuman for us to approve of this, but they have granted us protection against the other possible threats roaming just outside our atmosphere. They have come in peace and we hope to keep it that way. We have issued a new law that states that any American women citizen that is fertile and single will be sent to them."

He nodded once and said, "We will be sending about a 100 women. I bid you goodnight and any questions may be taken to Mr. Johnson." He waved once, ignoring the questions being fired his way and walked away from the podium.

Alexa snorted, turning the TV off and walked over to the kitchen to check on her Bolognese. The house phone rang, making her jump slightly as she breathed out and cleaned her hands on the rag before answering the call. "Hello?"

"Alexandra!" Her mother, Veronica breathed out. "Honey, did you hear the President's new law?!"

She nodded, walking over to the fridge to grab some water and cradled the phone in between her ear and shoulder. "Yeah, it's stupid. Those stupid little green Martians can't just come in this damn planet and terrorize us!"

"You know," her mother murmured, "how come we have never seen these "little green Martians" like the media portrays them? What if they're deformed demons? Or what if the government is lying to us and trying to conduct experiments on us?!"

"Mom," Alexa narrowed her eyes, washing the silver spoon, "I, personally, am glad that we haven't seen them. The less we know about those monsters the better. Anyways, can we talk about something else? How was your day?"

She could practically hear her mother rolling her eyes and pursing her lips. "Fine," she sighed, "it was great; yours?"

"It was okay; I'm making some Bolognese; I'm hoping that Seth can stay the night. I'm starting to miss my fiancé's arms at night."

Her mother laughed, shaking her head in amusement and said, "That sounds lovely. Hey! Are you and Seth coming down for dinner on Tuesday?"

"I can't," she sighed, "I have an art exhibition on Tuesday." Alexa began stirring the pot of Bolognese as her mother argued with her about her non-existent career as an artist. She bit her bottom lip, to prevent another dreadful argument about her degree in art.

"Art won't get you a job as a lawyer or a doctor. It's a dead end, Alexa," He mother chastised. Well duh, it's an art degree.

Luckily the front door opened, signalling her fiancé was back, saving her from the dreaded conversation she would have had for the 30th time that month.

"Mom, I got to go; Seth's home. Can we talk about this later?" Alexa muttered.

Veronica let out a dejected goodbye and hung up. Sighing in defeat, Alexa placed the phone onto the counter and continued stirring the pot of Bolognese as Seth wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I'm guessing that was your mother again?" He questioned, kissing the side of her cheek.

A smile appeared on her lips; she no longer felt upset about her mother's constant hounding about her choice of career path and she nodded, glancing up at him. Her eyes sparkled in joy at his early arrival. "It's fine. I just want to sit down and have a nice meal with the man I love."

His face dropped, the glint of guilt washing over it. "Oh." He deadpanned, his arms loosening from around her waist.

"What?" She asked, knowing that it meant he probably wouldn't be staying for dinner as she struggled to keep her face neutral.

Seth bit his lip, awkwardly deciding whether to mention it or just skip the get-together with his friends. He found her a pain when she didn't get her way and telling her about his sudden plan with his friends wouldn't help his cause in trying to stay on her good side. He sighed in defeat and looked guiltily down at the floor. "The guys asked me out for a few drinks."

Alexa tightened her grip on the spoon, her knuckles turning white. Again? You went out for a few drinks last week and I ended up eating all the damn pasta by myself! However, she breathed in deeply and tried her best not to snap.

Deciding it best to get out of slapping-range, Seth took a step back, leaning against the opposite counter. Not telling her sooner wasn't the best decision, but she would have found out sooner or later. Perhaps later wasn't such a good idea though...

She released the spoon, turning away from him, as she refused to let him see her tearing up over it. How dare he?! She mentioned it 3 nights ago. How did a 3 days' notice go over his head? She was his fiancée. What did the guys have that she didn't?

Seth placed his hand over her shoulder, trying to calm her. "I'm sorry, babe. I honestly forgot." He watched her cautiously, making sure he was ready for her to possibly push him away.

She suddenly turned around, her eyes narrowing into slits as she glared at him. "Three days, Seth. Three fücking days!" She emphasized, the anger pouring out of her. "I gave you a three days' notice and you still forgot?" She asked, her voice raising an octave at the end.

"L-listen, I said I'm sorry," Seth breathed, feeling himself getting annoyed. She knew he wouldn't remember, so why was she getting so bitchy?!

"Sorry," she gritted, "didn't do this to me. Sorry doesn't make up for me slaving," she smacked the stove, "over this cooker to make you dinner, only for you to hang out with your buddies again!"

"Well, maybe if you reminded me more often we wouldn't have this problem!" He snapped back, waving his arms in the air for emphasis as he assumed the accusatory side of their argument.

"Oh, oh, I'm sorry!" She exclaimed, her hands balling into fists at her sides. "Was a three days' notice not good enough for you?!" The veins at the side of her neck popped out in anger as her face turned a darker shade of pink, "Last time, a week was "too long" and the time before that a day was "too short." It's not so fücking hard to remember when it's always the exact same day every damn week."

"I planned this a couple of days before!" He reasoned, although they both knew it was a last minute thing. It always was.

"I just feel like sometimes you prefer them more than me. I'm your fiancé, Seth. You're supposed to spend more time with me than you do with your buddies," she placed the spoon in the sink, washing the Bolognese sauce from it furiously.

"Don't you think I want to spend more time with you? It's the guys! They are just hard to say no to, you know? Besides, if I bail they will think I'm whipped or something." Seth glanced away quickly to avoid her hardening glare. He knew she wasn't buying it, but he figured it was worth a shot.

"Oh but it's easy to say no to me when I ask you to stay and eat? What the hell are they giving you? Püssy? Because last time I checked I was giving you that too!" Alexa hissed. She closed her eyes, rubbing her temples and accepted defeat. "Fine," She muttered, "I get it. Heaven forbid you're whipped over your fiancée."

"Honey," He cajoled and she smiled inwardly, knowing it worked. "I'm sorry. I'll cancel with the guys."

"No, its fine," She sighed dramatically, sarcasm dripping from her every word. "You should go and hang out with the guys." She was expecting him to pick up the hint and say he wanted to stay. "I don't want you to stay just because you have to. It's not like you're going to spend the rest of your life with me."

"No, I'll stay if it's what you want," He muttered, unsure whether she was genuinely going to let him go without another fight or bring it up later. "I can hang out with the guys another night."

"It's okay," she pressed, her tone gaining a sarcastic edge, "I'll just throw out the food; you go have fun with the guys."

"Thanks, Hun." He breathed out in relief, "I owe you one." He smiled, kissing her forehead, although he expected a little more resistance, he was happy the fight was over as quickly.

The guys were meeting him at 7 and he expected to be late. It was only 6:30 and Seth was thankful she wasn't too mad. "I'll see you later." He waved, grabbing his keys from the coffee table.

"Wait..." Alexa she raised an eyebrow. "You're serious? I was being sarcastic!" She said slowly, as if he had hearing problems. Had he not gotten the hint? Or was he just acting like the idiot he was turning out to be?!

"B-but you..." He trailed off. "You said I could go." He snapped, his arms flailing in the air again for emphasis.

At that very second, she hated him with all her might. Hated how he couldn't read her or pick up her very obvious sarcastic tone, hated his stupid face with his stupid brown eyes and his stupid blonde hair.

Why was he so stupid? They were engaged for Pete's sake! They dated all through college! Then when he graduated he proposed! Was that not time enough to understand how she was?!

"Ugh, you know what? I don't give a fück!" She barked out, wanting to hit him with the pan, "Go hang out with your buddies. From now on, you're on the couch! Also," she laughed angrily, "get your buddies to give you their pussies because you're not touching mine anymore!"

"It's not like it was good, anyway!" He snapped, instantly regretting it as he saw her lunge for something on the counter. Within a second a glass cup came hurling at him from her direction. He raised his arms to protect himself, but it was too late; the glass hit his nose full force, causing him to stumble back in surprise and pain.

"Get out!" She cried out, "And don't you dare fücking come back! I don't want to see your stupid face again!" They both knew the best thing was space. They have fought before and the thing they needed best was space from each other; it would all blow over later, he hoped.

"Gladly!" He sputtered through the nose bleed. "You're fücking crazy!" He turned around and stomped out the door, slamming it so hard that the picture of them hanging on the wall fell on the floor and the shattered glass echoed behind.

The apartment felt like it trembled at the force, but Alexa didn't care. She was already digging into the fridge for the 6-pack of beer. It was Seth's favourite and it would bring her a great deal of pleasure to be drinking away his favourite beer.

She stomped outside onto the balcony, she popped open a beer, taking a large swig and leaned over the railing. She had wanted to pour the Bolognese all over him, but that would backfire seeing that she would have to clean it up.

The cold wind hit her, blowing her blonde hair around her. She looked over the city, musing about all the people who went by their days, thinking only of their own lives and problems. She was guilty of it too, but she still found it amusing how, no matter how insignificant they all really were, they still believed their own problems were the worst things that could ever happen in that fücked up world.

Finishing the beer, she moved onto another and another until the city lights were a colourful blur before her, dancing and swirling around her vision. Perturbing thoughts continued to run through her mind as she leaned over the railing, letting her hands hang from it.

Alexa sighed, closing her eyes as the soft breeze from the night air brushed against her blonde hair. She opened her eyes, pinching her long hair in between her index and thumb finger and decided that her ends were in a desperate need of a trim.

She suddenly felt herself rocking forward, fear bubbling up her stomach as the floor seemed to disappear from underneath her feet and she was falling face forward down to the dark pit.

Hands quickly clamped around her arm and mouth, stopping her from falling any further. Her eyes flew open in panic, only to see the city still below, but she was nearly completely horizontal with the floor, still 16 stories above the ground.

She let out a terrified scream, the hand muffling it as she was violently yanked up and hauled over the railing, her spine smacking onto the metal painfully. She grimaced in pain, hissing in a breath and prepared herself for another fight.

Seth must have had returned for another one. She knew he had. She opened her mouth, clamping her teeth around the flesh of his hand and bit down hard, causing his hand to fly away from her mouth. "Get off of me, idiot; I hate you!"

He didn't move his hold on her, but fastened his injured hand around her other arm. "Go with your buddies! I don't care! They can have sex with you!" She let out a deranged laugh, "It's not like they will feel it."

She barked at him. "I lied, you know. It's tiny! It was tiny in high school and it still is!" She pulled violently at her arms to try and free them. "You're a useless prick and your prick is useless! I don't know why I ever bothered!" Tears welled in her eyes as she struggled to keep her sobs in check.

A guttural laugh came from his throat and she froze against his hold. Seth didn't sound like that when he laughed.

What the hell?! "Rather amusing, little one." The man said from behind her, his voice rough and gravely. "But we must hurry along if we are to make it back in time for the gathering." He spun her around to face him.

Her face was inches away from smacking into a large chest. Alexa observed the man in fear as she took his large physique in.

He was at least 6'3 with deep blue eyes, short black hair and was built like a brick shit house. His chest was broad and packed, full of defined muscle. However, his brawny physique wasn't what caught her full attention.

It was the deep scars indented into his chest, one expanding nearly all the way across his left peck and down to his 6 pack—and he was wearing a shirt. The scar was bulging out so much it could be seen through the fabric.

"W-who are you?" Alexa stuttered, her eyes widening in fear as he grinned widely at her, his eyes twinkling as though what she said was funny.

"You should be more worried about what I am, little one." Her lower lip trembled, but she willed herself not to cry. "But you can call me Trent." He replied, tapping at something on his wrist that vaguely resembled a watch—with a bunch of small white buttons.

"Alexa?" Seth sighed as he opened the door, ready to apologise. She was right, spending time with her was important and the guys wouldn't die if he didn't spend a night with them. "Babe, I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said, you're right. I love you and I swear I'll make it up to you."

"SETH!" She cried out, struggling against the man's tight hold.

He widened his eyes in surprise as he watched the burly man wrapping his arms around his fiancée's waist and pulled her into him. She struggled against his virile arms and cried out for him.

Seth stalked towards them, ready to kill the intruder, but a blinding flash erupted from the little silver watch and Alexa clamped her eyes shut. Her stomach dropped and she was reminded of the feeling she experienced when in an elevator; like her stomach was still trying to catch up with the rest of her body.

The flash dulled and she slowly opened her eyes, astounded to see almost carbon copies of the Trent-guy running around as though it was completely normal.

They were all tall, muscular and had large tattoos covering their entire backs; black as midnight and all seemed to be different and unique. Maybe it was from the exhaustion or maybe it was the alcohol she had consumed finally catching up to her, but her knees buckled and everything turned pitch black.

~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379 11 30
Nobody expects something supernatural to happen to them. Those kind of things only happened in comics. Fairy Tales. Unrealistic dreams that you'd fal...
348K 14.5K 99
[COMPLETED ✔] Amelia was all alone on earth. Suffering from hunger, thirst, and pain. She waits for her to die. The most she had been regret in her l...
2.2K 197 25
Hello guys come in to the world of sci-fic . I promise to be a good guide and take you into the world of galaxies . Be ready for the most awaited jou...
1.2M 4.2K 8
The aliens came here for one thing, and one thing only.... Females. ( This story is only available through inkitt or galatea!!!) (some read events ma...