paws // bokuaka

By llowkeydreamingg

"love hits you by accident, but it somehow ends up giving you a purr-pose." a story of two hearts, two men... More

one: keiji akaashi
two: kotaro bokuto
three: keiji akaashi
four: kotaro bokuto
five: keiji akaashi
six: kotaro bokuto
seven: keiji akaashi
eight: kotaro bokuto
nine: keiji akaashi
ten: kotaro bokuto
eleven: keiji akaashi
twelve: kotaro bokuto
fourteen: kotaro bokuto
fifteen: keiji akaashi
sixteen: kotaro bokuto
seventeen: keiji akaashi
eighteen
bonus chapter? pt. 1
bonus chapter? pt. 2
bonus chapter? pt. 3
bonus chapter? pt. 4

thirteen: keiji akaashi

3K 145 303
By llowkeydreamingg

thank you so much for 1.5K views! i appreciate it!!

"Wow," I smiled lightly, strolling into Bokuto's apartment. "It's clean here."

"I know right!!" he grinned. "I'm really responsible, you know."

I looked around, trying to take in every detail of his living space. After walking into his apartment, I was immediately greeted with a coat rack and cabinets for shoes. A rounded wall steered us into the direction of his open bedroom and living space, as well as an exposed kitchen. There was an opened door at the end of the wall, which I assumed led to his bathroom.

A pet bed was located next to his bed, along with a dozen cat toys stuffed in the corner. There were photographs hung up on the walls, and I saw the owl photo that was showed to me rest proudly on the wall. I smiled when I saw it.

"Do you want a drink or... something??" Bokuto asked me, his head tilting. "Uh, I have... tea, I think. Shit, I didn't prepare for this."

I let out a small laugh. "It's okay, Kotaro. Do you mind if I take a seat?" I asked, trying to soothe the awkward atmosphere. "If you have tea, that would be nice."

"Sure! Sit wherever you want!!" Bokuto flailed his arms around, obviously trying to motion something, but I couldn't tell what it was. "I'll see if I have anything, get comfortable, baby!"

After sitting down on one of his couches, I continued to view his room. A lot of his photographs were framed and nailed on the walls, but each one had a special gorgeousness to them. On different parts of the apartment, I spotted smaller pictures taped onto the walls. I didn't notice them at first, but they were captured moments of selfies, hikes, and happy experiences with friends. In one of the pictures, I saw a picture of Bokuto and Oikawa, flashing enthusiastic peace signs.

I raised my head to look at his bed, which was behind me. His sheets were rather monotone, with black and grey designs at the edges of ivory white blankets. Two pillows sat at the head of his bed, and it took me a while, but I eventually realized that a black blob was stuffed in between them.

wait what the fuck-

I squinted my eyes. It was Bokuto's cat. His head was buried in between the pillows of the bed, his body squished against itself. I could swear he wasn't breathing.

"I got green tea, if that's okay," Bokuto's voice interrupted my thoughts. He placed the tea on the coffee table in front of us. "Is something wrong, KeihijIjijihihi??"

"...Is Kuroo okay?" I asked.

"Oh, him? Wait, where is he?" Kotaro glanced in the direction where I was staring at. "Oh! That guy! He looks kind of dead, right? But he isn't, he's just fucking weird." The golden-eyed male marched to where the pillows were and snatched them off the mattress.

Laying atop the bed was a curled up ball of fur, squeezed into the most compact position I've ever seen. I couldn't see his limbs. His face was completely blended in with the rest of his body. After the pillows were taken away, the shape of a head formed at one of the ends of the blob. Kuroo raised his head and his head turned slowly as he looked around him.

"He just sleeps like that," Bokuto shrugged. "It's pretty simple actually." He put the pillows back beside Kuroo and reached his hand out to pet his head.

"Is... that normal??"

"Yeah. What? Does Kenma not do that?" He continued rubbing Kuroo's head, but then suddenly shot his head to look at the ball of fur. "Ew- no, he's licking me-"

"...cats are supposed to do that," I looked at him concerningly.

"I don't like it! His tongue's weird," he pulled his hands back from Kuroo's head and started scuttling towards the kitchen sink. "I'm just going to wash my hands, drink your tea babe!!"

After shooting one last glance at Kuroo, I wrapped my fingers around the cup Bokuto placed on the table in front of me. I brought it to my lips and took a small sip.

"Hey! Keijihiihihdgishii!!" Kotaro's head popped out from the kitchen. "I just realized something!!!"

I looked up at him. "What is it?"

He held up a bottle of whitish-grey hand soap. "You might think that this is just soap, but in reality, it might be a bottle of cum."

"I-" I blinked. "What? Whose?"

"I dunno," the owl-like man said nonchalantly. "It could be mine for all we know."

"...Kotaro," I took another sip of the tea and paused in my words before locking eyes with him. "...Do you seriously expect me to eat... hand soap?"

"No!" Bokuto chuckled as he squirted the soap onto his hands and began rubbing his fingers. "That would taste so bad! Besides, I never said you had to-" he froze.

"Oh."

***

I stared out of one of Bokuto's windows and watched as droplets of water flew down from the skies, splashing in ponds and creating puddles of water. The gloomy clouds refused to let the sunlight shine through.

The bathroom door opened, and Bokuto strolled through, a towel wrapped around his neck. His hair was down, and I found it e x t r e m e l y attractive. "I finished taking a shower. You wanna go too? I'll lend you my clothes."

"Of course." I smiled. "Thank you, Kotaro, for letting me stay here."

I assumed that today would have good weather like literally every other day, but apparently not. And Bokuto didn't have an umbrella because he lost it in Canada. I wasn't keen on getting soaked today, so I was grateful that my boyfriend was a kind-hearted man.

"You're welcome!!" he nodded proudly. "I have some clothes you can wear! I get them!!" He came back with a gray t-shirt and black shorts.

After taking a shower, I felt more refreshed. Slipping on Bokuto's clothing reminded me that I've never actually worn his clothes before. It made me realize that we had gotten together relatively quickly for a couple, and it worried me that something would go wrong.

***

"What do you want to eat for dinner??" Bokuto asked after questioning me more times than what was necessary if his clothes were comfortable and screaming about how he wanted to give me his closet. His shirt was definitely larger than what I was used to, but overall, it was nice. "Should I order something?"

"Sure," I shrugged. I was sitting on his bed and socializing with his cat because socializing is hard with anyone else. "We can watch a movie while we eat?"

"Yes! I'll order pizza!" I could see this coming. "What movie do you want to watch, Keihiji??"

"Well, what do you have?"

We ended up watching Beauty and the Beast because Kotaro said he liked Disney movies, but he only had the live-action version. When the movie first started playing, I immediately said, "That's fucking Hermione." Bokuto cried. I didn't.

"Keihiji," Bokuto mumbled as the movie credits began to roll. He rested his head on my shoulder. "Do you know what's stronger than Belle's love for the Beast??"

"caffeine"

"No-" he yawned. "My love for you~ because I love you, Keiji!!"

I smiled softly. "I love you too, Kotaro. It's getting late. Do you want to go to sleep?"

"Can you sleep with me?" And I did, after cleaning up the pizza boxes. It was one of the best night sleeps I've ever had. Calming, nice, and peaceful. Although the next time I stay over, I can't promise it'll be as uneventful.

***

"Kenma! I'm so sorry for being gone," I called as I closed the door to my apartment. The air was cold and I shivered at the freezing atmosphere. There was a stillness in the room.

I put away my stuff and changed into my own clothes, placing Bokuto's clothes in a bag to give him another day. I immediately poured food into Kenma's food bowl before looking around to find him.

"Kenma?"

What I found instead was a rain-soaked portion of my couch and an open window above it. 

this chapter was a little rushed, so I'm sorry about that! writing this makes me realize how much i lack knowledge on cats. maybe writing about cats was not the best move on my part- 

i hope you're enjoying the story! all the votes and comments you make are appreciated! i try to read through every comment i receive, they really make my day :) 

- lexi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1.5K 26
Kenma has never really liked anyone else but Kuroo and clung to him for years, but Kuroo gets a new friend group and starts to ignore Kenma. After a...
159K 5.9K 16
"You have to make that guy fall in love with you."
342K 13.4K 46
An AU were the first words your soulmate says to you is written on your wrist, however, Kuroo's wrist is blank. TW: Mentions of abuse and self harm [...
181K 5.1K 89
Bokuto Kotaro, Akaashi Keiji, Kuroo Tetsuro, and Kozume Kenma all decided to move in together. And soon, they begin making decisions together. One of...