The totally unexpected events...

By LoveIsMyWeapon545

Vanessa is a 17 year old girl with a quirky 27 brother, who is her only living relative left. or so she thoug... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 - part 1
chapter 6 (part 2)
chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 1

435 1 0
By LoveIsMyWeapon545

The totally unexpected events that changed my life

** okay, so first attempt at a book here..

we'll try to update as much as possible c:

(we know how it feels to be waiting)

we’re still young so don’t judge to much ;)

but feedback is appreciated

not much else to say..

enjoy :)

Chapter 1

Beep! Beep! Beep! I awakened to the familiar sound of my alarm. I cracked my eyes open just enough to make out my purple alarm clock. I slammed my hand down on the snooze button and snuggled back under the covers hoping for another ten minutes of sleep.

As the covers were yanked from on top of me, that proved impossible.

 “Rise and shine sleepy head!” the familiar voice of my brother, Nathan, belted out from beside my bed. I groaned as I open my eyes, sensitive to the light and peered up into my brother’s strikingly blue eyes staring through his sandy brown hair.

 “Go away!” I groaned as, in one swift movement, I threw my pillow in his face. He laughed,

“Come on Vanessa you don’t want to be late for school.” He reminded me as he tossed the pillow back on my bed.

“Fine” I said as I sat up on my bed scanning my room. My clothes from the night before sat, strewn across my room and my curtains were half-open. In addition, with drawers wide open, was my dresser covered with the contents of my school bag.

I go to North Miami Beach high school and my first semester of grade 11 had just ended and today was the Monday I had been dreading all weekend. I mean, seeing my friends is great, and I don’t mind my teachers it’s just the idea of school that has always been unappealing to me.

“Ok,” I said, perkier than before, “I’ll get ready now, but you have leave.” I declared to Nathan.

He smiled “ok! I’ll go make breakfast.” He called as he jogged down the stairs.

Nathan is my one and only sibling. My parents died in a car accident when I was ten and Nathan was 20. Ever since then he has been looking after me. I needed him and he needed me, and now, seven years later we are still surviving.

Nathan and I inherited my parent’s house and all their money. So now, we live in a giant blue house in North Miami Beach right by the shore but nicely secluded with a barrier of trees. It is a bit big for two people, but we manage.

“Come on V!” Nathan called from downstairs as I snapped out of my thoughts,

“Coming!” I shouted back as I shuffled into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

* * * *

I scanned the outfit lying on my bed. That weekend Natasha, my best friend, had come over and helped me pick out my outfit.

Natasha is one of the best friends you could ever have. Not only is she the most fashionable girl and probably one of the richest in Miami, but she is also a trustworthy smart, loving girl. And for some reason I, miss “wear converse with my dress” Vanessa is worthy of her friendship.

She had chosen my brand new, light wash shorts along with a cute baby blue flowy tank top that she had brought over.  I slipped them on along with my black flats that match everything. I, sadly, wear them almost every day.  I shoved my school stuff in my bag and stomped down the stairs, following the sent of warm Pancakes.

“Ready for school?” asked Nathan as he flipped pancakes.

 “You bet.” I replied sarcastically  as I grabbed a pancake from a plate on the kitchen table, sat down and started to nibble on it. He added the new pancakes to the plate and sat down across from me.

“Donny wants me to work a late shift tomorrow so you’ll have to fix dinner yourself,” said Nathan between bites of pancake, “that cool?” he asked.

“Yup, I’ll just eat with Nat then… that ok?” I asked as I reached for another pancake.

“Sure” he replied.Nathan works at a surf shop in town. He’s their only good employee so his boss, Donny, has always had him working weird shifts.

“You better get going” Nathan told me as he cleared the table. I looked down at my watch and scowled,

 “You could have told me I was this late.” I muttered as I slung my bag over my shoulder and opened the door. “See you later!” I sang and I blew him a kiss. He rolled his eyes but he was smiling so I just wiggled my fingers at him and jogged out the door.

As I walked down my driveway, I admired my car. It is a candy apple red convertible, almost better than Natasha’s car (and that is saying a lot). It used to be my parent's, they had treated themselves to it after dad got a promotion, but Nathan gave it up to me for my 16 birthday last year. Now he drives the Hummer, which I could have settled for.

I jumped in and turned the key, enjoying the subtle rumble of the engine. I’m not a car person but I just cannot refuse enjoying a car this nice. I mean, who can?

As I sped down the road towards Natasha’s house, my long strait black hair flew out from behind me. Almost half the school had asked me if I’d died it, because it was nowhere near Nathan’s hair colour, everyone knew Nate, he was the most popular guy at our school and still is even thought he doesn't attend.

I pulled into Natasha’s drive; I thought my house was big. The size of her house always caught me off guard. The drive way is one that has a circle with a fountain in the middle, you know, standard rich people driveways. The house is a burnt orange colour with the arches and what not. Let us just say it’s a really nice house and leave it at that.

I honked the horn and sat in my car to wait for the predictable five minutes it takes Natasha to get outside.

“What are you doing here?” asked a snobby voice I recognized as Natasha’s older sister Niome. Natasha has two sisters, her younger sister, Natalie, is twelve and Niome is twenty-six, a year younger than my brother, she sadly, has a major crush on him.

Niome raised her eyebrows, “well?” she asked.

“I’m picking Natasha up for school.” I told her, not bothering to waste my time insulting her. She gave me a look of disgust.

“Why?”

Natasha was suddenly there,

“Because she can.” She snapped at Niome, and flicked back her perfect chocolate brown hair. I grinned.

“Whatever.” Niome sneered back, sauntered to her car, and slid in.

“Jump in.” I said to Natasha, who rolled her eyes at her sister’s nonsense.

                                                        ***

“School is such a sad excuse for education,” sighed Natasha as we pulled into the school lot.

“What do you mean?” I asked turning towards her,

“Well I mean look!” she said sweeping her arm dramatically, indicating the hordes of students standing in groups laughing and talking.

“Has anyone really learned anything? I think not.” She said with a firm nod of her head.

“ I learned something!” I said brightly,

“What?” she asked

“Not to have these debates with you.” I said with a smirk, I usually can’t pull one on her. She’s always two steps before me.

“HEY GUYS!” screamed a familiar voice. I looked up and saw the final pea in our pod, Andy, running towards us with his arms flailing.

I smiled, Andy was the one man who completed the show, and he thinks “i have been personally victimized by regina george” will get him out of anything. As many people know, he is gay, and proud of it.

 He’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer and often get’s reminded of it by Natasha. But he loves her and she loves him ,it’s a bit of a love / hate relationship I guess. 

His mom is a dentist and his dad owns this awesome bakery down the street from school. They live in this great condo by the beach, his parents are almost always working so he usually has the place to himself.

“Hey Anders, what’s up?” I asked as I stepped out of the car, just in time to receive a quick squeeze around the waist from him.

“You know I hate it when you call me that” he whined putting his hand on his hip, looking extremely gay with his low cut V neck, cardigan and skinny jeans .

“Sorry, sorry” I mumbled trying to hide my smile, as we walked towards the school.

“Hey, did you guys hear that some students have to re-take their drivers test ?” Tasha said, her eyes bright with the news

“No. why ?”  i asked, confused

“well apparently a teacher was actually a robber on the run and was impersonating someone else! so the licences some people got are fraud” Andy answered. Natasha smacked him on the arm for ruining her story.

“Who’s the teacher?” I asked curiously

“Mr. Jonhson” Tasha replied

“WHAT?!” i yelled furiously

“what’s wrong? You just take it again if you have to; you’re a great driver” Nat said, laughing quietly at my outburst

“I know I can drive! it’s just you know all the work Nate had to go threw to get me that licenses. now he has to do it again “ I pouted

Tasha and Andy seem to think it over for a minute.

“We'll see what we can do" Natasha said with a smile. 

"we just need your birth certificate” Andy told me, a suspicious grin on his face

I narrowed my eyes, “nothing illegal ?” I asked, unsure of the answer, knowing Andy

“Nothing, I promise” he replied 

The first warning bell rung

“fine” I sighed as we reached my locker .

Andy and Tasha grinned and started walking away towards their lockers. "you won’t regret it!" they called. I rolled my eyes, i really hope they don’t break into a bank or something.

I grinned at the thought of them in ski masks threatening people with water guns. I really need some normal friends. Now, as long as i can find that birth certificate. 

Continue Reading