Chapter 1

The totally unexpected events that changed my life

** okay, so first attempt at a book here..

we'll try to update as much as possible c:

(we know how it feels to be waiting)

we’re still young so don’t judge to much ;)

but feedback is appreciated

not much else to say..

enjoy :)

Chapter 1

Beep! Beep! Beep! I awakened to the familiar sound of my alarm. I cracked my eyes open just enough to make out my purple alarm clock. I slammed my hand down on the snooze button and snuggled back under the covers hoping for another ten minutes of sleep.

As the covers were yanked from on top of me, that proved impossible.

 “Rise and shine sleepy head!” the familiar voice of my brother, Nathan, belted out from beside my bed. I groaned as I open my eyes, sensitive to the light and peered up into my brother’s strikingly blue eyes staring through his sandy brown hair.

 “Go away!” I groaned as, in one swift movement, I threw my pillow in his face. He laughed,

“Come on Vanessa you don’t want to be late for school.” He reminded me as he tossed the pillow back on my bed.

“Fine” I said as I sat up on my bed scanning my room. My clothes from the night before sat, strewn across my room and my curtains were half-open. In addition, with drawers wide open, was my dresser covered with the contents of my school bag.

I go to North Miami Beach high school and my first semester of grade 11 had just ended and today was the Monday I had been dreading all weekend. I mean, seeing my friends is great, and I don’t mind my teachers it’s just the idea of school that has always been unappealing to me.

“Ok,” I said, perkier than before, “I’ll get ready now, but you have leave.” I declared to Nathan.

He smiled “ok! I’ll go make breakfast.” He called as he jogged down the stairs.

Nathan is my one and only sibling. My parents died in a car accident when I was ten and Nathan was 20. Ever since then he has been looking after me. I needed him and he needed me, and now, seven years later we are still surviving.

Nathan and I inherited my parent’s house and all their money. So now, we live in a giant blue house in North Miami Beach right by the shore but nicely secluded with a barrier of trees. It is a bit big for two people, but we manage.

“Come on V!” Nathan called from downstairs as I snapped out of my thoughts,

“Coming!” I shouted back as I shuffled into the bathroom and turned on the shower.

* * * *

I scanned the outfit lying on my bed. That weekend Natasha, my best friend, had come over and helped me pick out my outfit.

Natasha is one of the best friends you could ever have. Not only is she the most fashionable girl and probably one of the richest in Miami, but she is also a trustworthy smart, loving girl. And for some reason I, miss “wear converse with my dress” Vanessa is worthy of her friendship.

She had chosen my brand new, light wash shorts along with a cute baby blue flowy tank top that she had brought over.  I slipped them on along with my black flats that match everything. I, sadly, wear them almost every day.  I shoved my school stuff in my bag and stomped down the stairs, following the sent of warm Pancakes.