I Don't Bite [Dean Winchester...

By Laurel_Finch

Y/N L/N had been a monster her entire life. Both her parents had been and had raised her on a strict diet of... More

A/N
Blue House, Black Dog
Bite Me
Tomorrow
Fur
Challenge
Alone At Last
Here We Go Again
Home
Mary
Race
Who Are You?
The Six Musketeers
Crashing
Tether
Humans
The Real Monsters
Stay
My Own Way
Gamble
Honorary
Winds of Change
In The Dark
Dear Dad
They're Family
Learning
Coven
God's Instrument
Monster
Salvation
Yellow Eyes
Bobby
Sunrise
Devil's Trap
Wake Up
Stay With Me
I Quit
Rumors
Into Darkness
Can You Hear Me?
Hello
Late Nights
Simon Says
I Missed You
The Roadhouse
Others
Blood
The Usual Suspects
Are You God?
Sugar Rush
A Wonderful World
Heart
Don't Worry About Me
Where Are You?
What Was and Will Be
Burning Bridges and Houses
Black Dog
A/N + Season 3!
BOOK 2

A/N+Season 2!

1.9K 52 5
By Laurel_Finch

Season 1 Timeline:

Circa January 1980 - Y/N's mother is working a case with her brother Dennis. The monster turns out to be a skinwalker, and while trying to kill it, she gets bitten and is turned into a skinwalker. Dennis chooses to hide this from other hunters, as he doesn't want her to be killed, and announces that she is dead. She goes into hiding and eventually meets Y/N's father, who helps her cope with her new status as a monster.

1981 - Y/N is born, and is a third-generation skinwalker. Her parents raise her in solitude, home school her to prevent her from potentially hurting anyone. They allowed her to attend high school at a public school in 1995.

1996 - Y/N accidentally murders a human (later stated to be her first boyfriend). Her parents cover up the murder, move to a new state, and take her out of public school.

1997 - Y/N's parents get into a major fight, which leads to her mother leaving the house in anger. She disappears for days and bodies begin turning up, their hearts gone. Dennis, who was visiting at the time, goes after her. She can no longer control herself and doesn't feel she can return home, so she begs him to kill her. He complies. A few months later, Y/N's father leaves and she moves in with Dennis.

Circa March 2003 - Dennis is killed on a wraith hunt, leaving Y/N alone, miserable, and wanting revenge.

Circa May 2004 - Tom Chikaltio and his pack arrive in Y/N's town. Upon realizing there is already a skinwalker in torn, he threatens to kill her if she refuses to join the pack. She stalls, refusing to give an answer, and tries to stay as far from him as possible. There is little he can do to change that, aside from directly challenging her.

Mid-November, 2005 - Chikaltio gets brave and gets sloppy about hiding his kills. The Winchesters arrive, thinking they are hunting a werewolf - they later realize, after meeting Y/N, that they are hunting skinwalkers, a species that hunters had thought were extinct for nearly one hundred years. Y/N challenges Chikaltio, wins, and disbands the pack. (Blue House, Black Dog - Bloodlust).

December 2005 - Booth, Andrew, and Sasha are introduced (Alone At Last), and the four have been living together for a month. The Winchesters invite Y/N to join them on a hunt, not realizing it has some family history. They try to keep her out of their problems but fail. (Home-Mary). This is also the first time Y/N hears the whispers, and she chooses to avoid them.

December, 2005-Late January 2006 - On her way home from her first hunt with the Winchesters, Y/N hears whispers and she follows them. They lead her to Marcus and Caeden, who are attempting to kill a former hunter (it is later discovered that this hunter was responsible for destroying one of Caeden's previous packs). Caeden is badly injured and she leads Marcus and Caeden to her home (December 2005). After a month and a half, the pair decided to stay and join the pack (Late January 2006). (Race-The Six Musketeers).

Early February 2006 - The Winchesters arrive at the pack's home and meet Marcus and Caeden. They spend the night and then leave with Y/N early the next morning, headed for Hibbing, Minnesota (Crashing). That night, Sam disappears, supposedly abducted by a phantom kidnapper. Y/N and Dean share a bonding moment, and then begin searching for him in the morning. Dean impersonates an officer and they are accompanied by another officer while looking for Sam. Dean is caught by the officer and Y/N eventually frees him - the pair separate after finding the now captured officer and Sam. Later, a fight ensues and Jared Bender, one of the hillbilly sons manages to injure Sam, which sets Y/N off. She kills Jared Bender and immediately regrets it (Tether-The Real Monsters). After a week of worrying that she may hurt the brothers and being unable to change forms, she leaves (Stay).

February-Mid March 2006 - Y/N meets Calliope at a rest stop in Montana. The two decide to travel together for the night, but end up traveling together for much longer (My Own Way). After a little over a month of traveling together, Calliope runs into a grizzly bear and her cub. The grizzly bear, protective over her cub, attacks Calliope, which (combined with the whispers) spurs Y/N into action, defending her newfound friend. About a week later, Y/N feels comfortable enough with her self-control to rejoin the Winchesters, who she knows she won't hurt but chooses not to return to the pack. She sends Calliope to join them, and the two briefly part ways. (Gamble).

Mid-March, 2006 - Y/N has her confidence back, but only for a little while. She finds Dean in a bar and attempts to explain why she left. The two argue but inevitably reach an understanding. This is also the first time the separation of instinct and humanity is mentioned (Honorary). The brothers and Y/N travel to Chicago, where they investigate a demonic case. Y/N meets John after the two briefly fight, and she discovers that John knew her uncle. Daeva's attack, leaving Y/N badly injured, and the brothers take her home to her pack. (Winds of Change-Dear Dad).

Late March-Late April 2006 - On the way home, Y/N has her first dream of being in total darkness and wakes up after seeing red eyes in the dark. The brothers stay the night, and she and Dean have a heartfelt conversation early in the morning (They're Family). Y/N spends a month healing from her injuries. Eventually, she and Caeden fight under Booth's supervision, and he attempts to defeat her to prove to Marcus that they don't need a pack. Y/N is unable to shift, but still beats him and somehow forms a strange bond between them. She sees Caeden's past and begins to understand why he doesn't trust her (and alpha's in general) (Learning).

Late April-Early May 2006 - The evening of her fight with Caeden, Y/N receives an urgent call from the Winchester family, asking for her assistance on a hunt. She goes and reunites with the brothers, and is told that they are working a vampire case and looking for a gun that can kill any monster (Coven). On the way back to the motel, Sam and John get into an argument; John begins to suspect Y/N of not being who she says she is. The four go to the barn where the vampires live and attempt to free the human captives/steal the Colt. They are unsuccessful and the vampires recognize Y/N as not being human (God's Instrument). In the evening, they lay a trap to kidnap the lead vampire's mate. John pulls Y/N aside and tells her to leave and never speak to the brothers again as soon as the hunt is over. Later, she and the brothers go back to the barn to free the humans; the vampires show up and she tells the brothers to run, then fights the monsters. The fight leads to her finally shifting and killing the monsters. She then races off to find the Winchesters, exposing herself to John, who then tries to kill her with the Colt. Dean stops him by threatening to shoot his own father, defending Y/N and proclaiming her as 'not a monster', the motivation she needs to overcome her insecurities and lack of control (Monster).

The four decide to spend one more night there and go back for Y/N's truck in the morning. Her truck is demolished, which upsets her, as it and her house are her last links to her uncle. The four agree to go to Salvation, Iowa, where signs point to the demon arriving there soon. Sam and Y/N go to the public library, where he has a vision, and the pair rush off to find the mother and daughter. They meet Monica and her six-month-old baby, Rosie, then leave to report back to John and Dean (Salvation). Sam later explains to John that he had a vision, but then Meg calls and demands John deliver the Colt to her. After providing John with a fake, he leaves, and the brothers and Y/N stake out Monica's house, waiting for the demon. Y/N has another dream of being in total darkness and encounters the white wolf for the first time. She follows the wolf and then suddenly sees the demon's eyes, which jars her enough that she wakes up vomiting. The demon arrives and the three race into the house. While the brothers deal with the husband, Y/N finds Monica and the demon in the nursery. The demon shows her a vision of monsters, humans, and humanoid figures with wings dead, along with a winged figure on a towering throne, its face obscured. They save Monica and Rosie, only to find out that Meg has John (Yellow Eyes).

They drive through the night and arrive at Bobby's house early in the morning. They spend their morning preparing for the arrival of a demon, most likely Meg. Y/N and Dean share a moment that Sam interrupts with news on how to trap a demon. Meg finally arrives and they trap her, interrogating her with the help of an exorcism. Dean takes it too far and ends up killing Meg, expelling the demon from her (Bobby). Y/N is upset by the fact that Dean unnecessarily killed someone and spends her time reading a book Bobby gave her on the way to Missouri. She also learns that Bobby knows she isn't human, but he doesn't care. The three find Sunrise Apartments and the brothers impersonate firefighters to enter the building. They rescue John and flee the building, but Dean ends up killing another possessed human, angering Y/N further (Sunrise). The brothers and Y/N flee with John and decide to spend the night in a run-down, abandoned house. Whilst salting any possible entrances to the house, she and Dean get into an argument, and she admits that she wants to quit hunting. He brushes it off and leaves her alone, much to her dismay. The demon arrives and Dean claims that John is possessed, which turns out to be true. The demon spins Y/N to the ceiling, using her fear of heights against her, and begins torturing Dean. John overpowers the demon and Sam shoots him in the leg. Y/N struggles to keep Dean alive and Sam spares his father. The four of them get in the Impala and Sam begins driving to the hospital, but is intercepted by a semi. Y/N has another dream of total darkness, where she sees Caeden masked by electricity. She converses with the white wolf and it attempts to kill her. She wakes up in the hospital and the season ends.

My thoughts on season 1:

I LOVED writing season one! There were so many things I slipped in that are going to apply to later seasons, and I can't wait to address those. Everything is pretty massively intertwined and will lead to one final MAJOR story arc that I am so excited about.

Season 2 is going to include a lot more about the pack, and I assure you, you'll be seeing a lot more of them for varying reasons. I love all the characters I created for various reasons, and honestly, I don't know if I could choose a favorite. I'm so excited to explore their personal character arcs throughout the rest of the story. I'm particularly excited to write more about Sasha in season 2.

If I had to choose a favorite chapter from season 1, it would either be Devil's Trap or Monster. I loved writing the brief character arc in Monster, of the reader accepting the instinctive side of her and no longer trying to suppress or control it. My goal was to have her accept it as a part of herself and realize it isn't what makes her a monster - allowing yourself to be controlled by instinct is what makes a monster. I'm not sure how well I portrayed that, but I'll be making it much more clear when I go back and edit the chapters later on.

Writing Devil's Trap was so fun for several reasons. I'm not always the best at writing conflict, and I certainly need practice in making arguments flow better. Writing the brief argument between Dean and the reader was a great way to practice. On top of that, writing the ending where she struggles to help Dean was exciting; I love writing emotional scenes like that, and I really hope I managed to capture the emotions of that scene.

I never expected some of my chapters to be as long as they were. Some of the longer chapters I wrote were meant to be two or three chapters, but were shortened, or even scrapped entirely. 'Learning' was originally meant to be three chapters where the reader and Caeden were going to go off on their own hunt. I decided to scrap that, and frankly, I'm glad I did. I think the story is much better with it only being one chapter. Additionally, there was supposed to be a fourth part to the last three chapters, sandwiched between Sunrise and Devil's Trap. I decided not to do that because I felt that Sunrise was already lacking in sustenance and I didn't want to take anything away from Devil's Trap.

What to expect from season 2:

More pack action! The season isn't just going to feature the reader's perspective, it's also going to show things from the perspective of the other members of the pack. You guys are going to get to see more of the story that Y/N may not be seeing. I'm super excited to write from different perspectives, as I feel it's a good way to grow as an author.

For those of you that are looking forward to seeing more romance, you'll be seeing it this season! I don't want to give anything away, but I do have a few episodes from the show that I'm excited to write about.

Writing this fanfiction was originally my way of seeing if I have what it takes to write a book -- I have a book I really want to write someday, but honestly, I wasn't sure if I had the patience or the ability. That's why this fanfiction is so story-driven, rather than romance-driven like some others. Either way, I'm having a lot of fun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 4.4K 25
When you met Sam at Stanford, you knew your life would be filled with friendship and support. But you're pulled into the world of the supernatural a...
57.8K 1.6K 20
I'm back at it again with another Supernatural reader insert story. I just can't stray away from some good old Supernatural imagines! And Jack is jus...
35.4K 1.1K 18
(Book Three Out Now!) Story Information: This book as you can probably tell is a fan fiction/ characterXreader. Additional information is at the end...
443K 10.1K 25
#1 of the You're in Supernatural Series [Eventual Dean Winchester x Reader] Y/n Y/l/n has never been one for conflict, perfering to work behind the s...