Boss Lady (Under Major Editin...

By MissyHilton

"You won't stay by my side when you see the demons that I hide." I whispered averting my gaze from his pierci... More

Authors Note MUST READ
Character Aesthetics
Excerpt
Chapter 1: Tough Life
Chapter 2 : Flash news
Chapter 3: Disguise
Chapter 4: A Solution
Chapter 5: Welcome back
Chapter 6: Cold Hearted
Chapter 7: Control freak
Chapter 8: Finally I met her
Chapter 9: We Meet Again
Chapter 10: Spying on myself
chapter 17: I Promise
Chapter 11: Coffee
chapter 12: Her change
chapter 13: I accept
Chapter 14: Biker
Chapter 15: double trouble
Chapter 16: She's mine!
Chapter 18: Unfulfilled Mission
Chapter 19: Mysteries
Chapter 21 : Puzzle to solve
Chapter 22: Waiting
Chapter 23: Fifty shades of me!
Chapter 24: Hope!
Chapter 25: Darkness
Chapter 26: Unknown
Chapter 27: Family
Chapter 28: Track him down!
Chapter 29 : Wish me Luck Mom!
Chapter 30: Marriage talks
Chapter 31: Flying to New York!
chapter 32: Stay with me!
Chapter 33: Jealous
Chapter 34: Comfort
Chapter 34: Him!
Chapter 35: Love Again!

Chapter 20: We're business partners

875 40 8
By MissyHilton

My father slapped me. The man who is supposed to care his daughter hurt her.

How could he?

I kept my hand on the cheek which stung and stared at him stunned by his actions.

Lennox pulled me to his side, but I was too stunned to move a muscle. He noticed my sudden change and picked me up bridal style, while I snuggled in his arms.

I noticed his lips move, his jaw clenched and his eyes reflected anger. Everything around me was slowing down, I couldn't comprehend what was happening, eventually I felt my mind drifting off before enveloped with darkness.

I sat up quickly, my pulse increased as my breathing was shallow. My face felt sticky due to dried up tears and sweat. My throat felt causing me to cough.

That memory! I dreaded those day's, I really wish I could change the decisions that i made. Why was I so reckless? No wonder why Dad called me a spoiled Brat.

I slided out of the sheet and went towards the desk where I kept a jug of water. I gulped down half of it in one go.

I want to forget about it. I haven't had that dream for over five years. This just opened my old wounds. My hatred for Dad increased, unknowingly.

I thought it was because he loved my mum and all he did was without thinking straight but I just realised he never really loved mum that's why he married her Kaitlyn.

I threw the jug on the nearby wall shattering it into thousand pieces. "AAAHHHH!" I screamed on top of my voice, thank Goodness Stanley wasn't here to see me in this state.

My vulnerability

I ran my fingers through my scalp and paced around the dark room, illuminated by the moonlight seeping through the balcony.

I washed my face with cold water and cried myself to sleep after struggling for two hours.

******

I heard the sound of birds chirping and felt the warmth of the sun on my face. It feels nice, I smiled and snuggled deep into the plush pillows.

Sun?

I opened my eyes and sat up quickly, the clock on the wall read 9:37.

"Noooo! Im going to be late"

I cursed my stupid alarm clock as I rushed towards the bathroom to do my morning rituals. I looked like a total disaster, my eyes red and puffy after rinsing with cold water it looked better. I tied my hair into a messy bun and wore a black sweater dress and matching pumps. I applied some concealer and lip balm before going to the kitchen to have breakfast.

The kitchen was empty!

Ohh, I forgot Stanley's not here. I sighed and opened the fridge and found my pre cooked breakfast. Porridge.

I heated it before savouring it quickly. I'm not a fan of porridge but when I'm hungry I don't mind what I get as long as it's food.

After twenty minutes of driving I reached my building and walked no ran towards the elevator. My Employees gave me weird and some surprised looks but I didn't mind them and stepped into the lift. It's not everyday they get to see their boss hurrying. I sighed and looked at my wrist watch, 10:45. Great! Atleast i'm not that late or is it?

The doors opend and I met a serious looking Carla, her arms were folded, she wore a frown and her glasses rested near the tip of her nose while she tapped her left foot. She reminded me of my Math's teacher. That thought gave me chills.

I smiled sheepishly and waved my hand "Heyyyyy Carla, what wonderful day right?" I tried sounding jolly and confident.

For the first time in history your seeing a CEO scared to face her PA. She actually asked me to come early due to some important work and now look at me.

She narrowed her eyes "Are you alright?" Oh I didn't expect her to ask that.

I shrugged "Do I look like I'm not fine?"

She continued scrutinizing me under her gaze for few moments before pulling me towards my office.

"Since your fine please explain the reason behind your delay"

Oh oh this is going to longer than I expected.

"Well..."

*******

After my long and hopefully genuine explanation she left me alone and gave me the so called important work. Actually there was nothing important in it, it just needs more time to finish and I've managed to get half way through.

I heard my phone ring, it was Richard who was calling. Man! Doesn't he rest or what? I'm really tired right now but I can't even reject his call.

I kept it on silent mode and continued going through my folder. The phone started vibrating and it took lot of control from my side to stop from yelling at him.

I picked up the call and instantly I forgot my anger issues when I heard his voice. What's wrong with me?

"Good afternoon Elliana" he sounded happy

"Good Afternoon Mr. Stevens" I stated blatantly

"Back to being formal?" I can picture him rolling eyes. Last night he became slightly irritated when I addressed him like that.

"We are business partners from the first place and I prefer to stay like that while I'm still working" I stated sternly.

"Okay then, Ms. Carson. Remember I told I have a surprise for you"

"Yeah?"

"Come down, quickly"

"Why would I do that?"

"Then I'm afraid I won't be able to help you"

"I'll be right there" The last thing I want to do is going bankrupt.

I hung up and walked into the lift after closing my office. I reached the ground floor and exited the building. I stood by the entrance wondering what his surprise might be?

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned my head quickly almost getting a whiplash. He stood there smiling, with his hands buried in his pant pockets.

I blinked my eyes to check whether this was an illusion but he stood there with that cocky smirk.

"Like the surprise"

"Am I supposed to react to that" I raised an eyebrow

"Ouch I thought you would hug me and tell how much you missed me" he feigned pain

"In your dreams" I rolled my eyes "Wait aren't you supposed to be in New York?"

"Ya but I missed home" he smiled and leaned closer "and also you" he whispered, his warm breath hitting my skin. My heart rate spiked at his words. What is this strange feeling in my stomach. I've never felt this before but it feels nice.

My jaw dropped and stared at him. He grinned, making him look devilishly handsome.

"Come on, let's go have lunch" he pulled me towards his car before I could refuse.

He opened the door and I climbed in muttering a thank you. He went over to the driver seat and started the car.

"Umm where are we going?"

"To have lunch"

The ride felt tense and awkward. We weren't speaking anything and I wanted to break this silence very badly.

I cleared my throat to grab his attention, he glanced at me before looking at the road ahead. "What happened?"

"Nothing, just wanted to know how was New York?"

"It was tiering, I barely got to sleep" he sighed exasperated

"Ohh" I nodded my head, I knew he was busy but I dare not let my cover blow, I glanced outside at the view, The buildings passed by and after few minutes we pulled in front of Restaurant. To by surprise, this wasn't a luxurious type it was more homely and humble, just what I like.

I faced him with an amused look, "Never knew you'd eat it places like this"

He chuckled and shook his head "I like this place, it gives off happy vibe unlike those five stars, where people pretend about everything" he huffed at the end

"I agree" I chuckled

I was about to open the door but he beat me to it, I frowned "You know I'm completely capable of opening the door" I say with slight annoyance. It's a kind gesture but it somewhat makes me feel like a different person, a mean one to be precise.

"I know but me being a gentleman can't let a beautiful woman do that" he ended with a cheeky grin

I chuckled at his antics and gladly climbed out. He held my hand and we walked towards the entrance. I looked at our joined hands, I never let a guy hold my hands after him. But I don't feel like taking my hand from his huge and warm one's.

I looked at him " I don't think business associates walk side by side holding hands Mr. Stevens"

He smirked "Were out of office, so were no longer business partners but friends." He bent down to my ears and whispered huskily "Next time when you call me Mr.Stevens I won't have any choice but to kiss those soft lips" my jaw dropped to the floor, eyes wide and I'm sure I looked like a tomato.

He pulled away and wore his signature smirk, he started to pulling me towards the entrance and I followed him like a lost puppy. If someone else said this to me, he would have been lying on the hospital bed.

I've seen his angry side and I really don't want to be his punching bag.

We sat on the corner booth away to avoid the stares people where throwing our way.

A blonde waitress came to take our orders, she was only glancing at Richard who barely spared her a glance. After taking our orders she left swaying her imaginary hips. Women these day's.

I saw few girls blushing and giggling while looking at Richard. Ugh, typical girls.

Whereas Richard leaned into his seat and folded his arms, staring at me with a grin. My eyes wandered over his bulging muscles on his arms, Damn! How it feel to touch? I cleared my throat and looked away before I get caught checking him out but the universe is so against me that he found out.

His grin widened, and leaned over the table before whispering lowly "I don't mind you touching it"

Shit! Did i said that aloud? This is so embarrassing. I wish the ground would open up and swallow me.

I stumbled to find the right words and thank the heavens the waitress came right on time to serve our food.

"Anything else you want sir?" She batted her fake eyelashes trying to get his attention, why is she so desperate? He clearly ignored her.

"We'll tell" he waved her off rudely, she threw me a glare and walked away huffing.

I tried not to laugh but after she was out of sight I burst out laughing. "Omg! That was hilarious but also rude" I sobered up and faced him with a wide grin.

He looked at me intently without speaking anything. His eyes held so many emotions for a cold hearted person like him.

I waved my hands in front of his face "Hello, earth to Richard!"

He raised his eyebrows unfazed "You should smile more often it suits you" he stated blankly

My grin widened "I could say the same thing to you"

He smirked "If that's what you want princess"

After another round of my laughter we dug into our lunch and talked mostly about business matters. I have to admit he is a ladies man, with that million dollar smile any girl would go on her knees, but not me maybe almost.

We shared few off our adventure experiences and many random stuff. After having lunch he dropped me off at my office and we parted our ways. Again I found my employees looking at me as if I've grown two heads. Poor guys!

This is just the beginning of the show!

I found myself very comfortable around him, it's like I didn't have to pretend to be someone.

I really like this guy and I'm glad we're friends as he quotes.

Can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

*******

Hello guys,

So the Elliana and Richard are slowly getting close.

Can't wait to write more!!

Tbh I had the worst day today, wanna know why??

I freaking fractured my left foot. Now I have to limp around like a monkey!

And this is my first time!.

Anyways, thanks for your support and love ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Lot's of love to you guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.3K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
6.9K 395 22
"No darling, it looks horrible" he said with the calm voice. I instantly felt my cheeks get warmer. 'Emma have a grip on yourself. Why are you blush...
12.2M 395K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
137K 709 3
WARNING R-RATED Disaster-in-Waiting was a dream come true for me. Firstly writing it and then sharing it on here and receiving such a wonderful respo...