The Falling of Empress Malty

By nicoville20

A Tyrant of the throne of the Roman Empire. Her reign begins to crumble ends in 2001 AS. Join her (if you dar... More

Preface
Prolouge
Chapter 1: Empress Malty
Chapter 2: The Slaves of Notre Dame
Chapter 3: The Ambassador from Russia
Chapter 4: The Grand Council
Chapter 5: The Weapons of Mechanized War
Chapter 6: The Other Leaders of The World
Chapter 7: Queen Melty
Chapter 8: An Incident in Vienna
Chapter 9: Salernum
Chapter 10: A Look Into The Future
Chapter 11: A Meeting of Circumstance
Chapter 12: A Slave's Escape
Chapter 13: President Tamaki Suoh
Chapter 15: The Security Council - II
Chapter 16: The Last Straw
Chapter 17: Long Live The Kaiser
Chapter 18: A Call to War
Chapter 19: Nuclear Reprecussion
Chapter 20: End of an Era
Interlude

Chapter 14: The Security Council - I

48 1 0
By nicoville20

Time passes on towards the next day. It was that time of the year for the security council to convene at the International Senate Headquarters in Brighton. The world leaders and government heads, along with their foreign and military advisors come to discuss troubles of international tension between a few nations and city states. This branch of the International Senate tries to keep the peace around the world. The Russian delegation were always the ones to get there first. Tsaritsa Rachel McKenzie, wearing royal business attire, enters with a briefcase. Alongside her is the delegation which is usually three or four members including the leader, five if you happen to host the International Senate. She is followed by her own loyal advisor and current head of the imperial council, the Marquess Fanny Fulbright, a red-headed young lady. The head of the imperial army, Count Steven Universe, the young boy with curly dark brown hair. And the all important Patriarch of Moscow for the church of the Cartoon gods, Patriarch Richard Watterson, who is to simply put it, a large pink rabbit man. Most of the religious leaders will sit along the sidelines to observe the meetings as it is tradition with many empires.

"You Imperial Majesty!" Fanny says to Rachel. "Is it really necessary to bring all of that research with ya in that suitcase?"

"Lady Fanny, you know how important these papers are. This could finally bring new life on the case of Egyptian revolution".

"Don't you think that it is hypocritical that you would want to incite revolution in the Roman territories while trying to repel revolution in Yaroslav? No offense your majesty" Steven asks.

"You know what the words of Saint Thomas are" explains Patriarch Watterson, who knows the many sayings of the many saints of the major Cartoon religion. "Thou shall fight off against threats to freedom. Even when it is opposite of her majesty's foreign policies".

"Count Steven" Rachel adds, "we have to protect our nation from the threat of communism. Maybe you think that socialism is not a bad idea, but scholars all around the world believe that is a terrible idea, and it is up to us as leaders of the free world to put an end to it".

"With all due respect your majesty, but there are only a few nations left in this world, the so called "free world" is ruled by various empires. Empires are just as bad as socialism".

"You say that" A new voice rings out, "but many people have accepted the idea of good and bad empires. Trust me, we are the good empires. The bad empires must be punished by those who deal ill-will to no just their people, but the world". The Russian delegation look back and sees their good allies, the German delegation. Right now, it was being headed by the Imperial Chancellor of the Reichstag, Chancellor Roy Mustang, a clean-shaven young man with unkempt dark hair. He is followed by foreign minister, the Baroness of Saxony, Lady Winry Rockbell, a slender young woman with long, straight blonde hair and blue eyes. And then came the war minister, the Duke of Brandenburg, Sir King Bradley.

"Chancellor Mustang!" Rachel says as the young chancellor of Germany bows in respect. "It is a pleasure to see you again".

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance again you imperial majesty" Roy responds.

"And the same goes for you Lady Winry and Sir Bradley" Rachel says to the two. "And might I ask how Kaiser Hoenheim is doing? And where is Prince Alphonse?"

"Hoenheim is getting worse I'm afraid, he might not make it into the next year probably" Roy replies.

"Oh dear. Please send my regards to uncle Hohenheim then".

"But as for Al" Winry adds, "he is spending the day with the British Duchess of York, Princess Pepper Mill".

"I heard that they are spending the day at the Coventry amphitheater watching a production of Stephen Crane's The Red Badge of Courage" Bradley says.

"Well it's nice to see that Prince Alphonse is getting along  with the princess just fine" Rachel responds. "Oh! Speaking of love, I heard from our ambassador to Rome that Chairwoman Twilight Sparkle of India has gone to see Empress Malty".

"Gee, it's not like she is very diplomatic" Roy replies.

"But Sir, this is the 10th time this month!" Fanny adds.

"You're kidding?" Winry responds shocked.

"That's what I initially thought. But it is true!" Rachel exclaimed. "I mean, what the hell is going to happen to India if Chairwoman Twilight marries the empress?"

"Your majesty, with all due respect. But don't you think that is kind of a stretch" Steven asks, with many of the Russian delegation rolling their eyes.

"It is not out of the question nor out of the ordinary" A new voice bursts out. "One could assume that India would merge with Rome as did many of our kingdoms of our ancestors. Perhaps a new chairperson would rule of India. But perhaps, if any god willing... Rome will no longer have an empire". The delegates turn back again to see the Greek delegation has arrived. Enter Queen Melty, Sir Naofumi Iwatani who made that previous remark. And the current Greek Prime Minister, Ms. Raphtalia who is a demi-human. One could describe her as human with half-tanuki and half-racoon tendencies. Her kind has been marginalized in the Mediterranean region for many years under Roman rule until the Greek empire offered sanctuary during the Second International Catastrophe.

"Ah! Of course, the cynical words of Sir Naofumi Iwatani!" Roy Mustang responds. "And of course the Greek delegation under Queen Melty Melromarc, the better of the Melromarc sisters". Roy Mustang and the other non-royal delegates bow in respect. "And last but not least the Greek Prime Minister, Ms. Raphtalia. I haven't seen you much around here in awhile". Roy goes up and shakes Raphtalia's hand.

"Well, you know me Chancellor Mustang. I've been very busy running Greek Parliament. Trying to stave off Roman invasion and all that" Raphtalia replies.

"It is a tenuous peace with that empire, and I think I speak for everyone" Roy stated.

"I'm not expecting this peace to last any longer. One more tantrum from that bitch, and there will be an outbreak of hostilities of which we have never seen before. The scale of war has become too big for conventional warfare of the Third International Catastrophe".

"How so?" asked Steven. "The Thirds International Catastrophe is one of the most brutal wars we have ever seen".

"It was the world's introduction to advanced warfare. We fought with tanks, machine guns, fighters and bombers. Though conventionally we could have won that war, but that what that bitch launched absolutely shocked the world. Three nuclear ICBMs dropped on the Aztecs, Tlatoani Spongebob and his people may have survived, but they haven't recovered since that time".

"Well, that was when we had to issue the nuclear-proliferation agreement" Steven responded, "As due in part with the Treaty of Berlin".

"Is THAT really going to stop her from doing anything? She must have thousands of nuclear missiles pointing towards our homes. As soon as peace is interrupted, there will be no nation of which to speak of this blight". They knew that the empress had bent and broken treaties left and right, and that nuclear pact was no exception. War and retaliation could mean the end of humanity on earth.

"Well, in that case" A new voice boistered out. "We should do all that we can to de-diddly-ter war at all costs, but not to give in to the power of Rome". Again, same as the first, the delegates looked back to find the American delegation, President Ned Flanders with three others. The vice-president Randy Marsh, a man with thick, black hair with parted bangs, and a thick black mustache, the secretary of defense, Dr. Stan Smith, with a chiseled chin and black hair and the newest secretary appointed to the office of state, Dr. Peter Charles Patterson, who goes by his initials P.C. Patterson, a relatively young man with dirty blond hair and a beard.

"That is the whole reason of the security council isn't it?" Ned continues.

"Mr. President, Always a pleasure to see you again" Queen Melty says to him. "And I see you have brought your cabinet with you".

"Not quite your majesty", Ned responds to her. "But they are important figures of the cabinet". The cabinet members then introduce themselves to the other delegates.

"Stan Smith" The man says holding his hands to the delegates. "Secretary of Defense for the United States. A pleasure to meet you all". After Stan shakes and bows before the delegates, Dr. Patterson gets straight to the point of his introduction

"Alright listen up. The name is P.C. Patterson. The new secretary of State. And frankly, I am sick and tired of the fact that we demonize nations that have a different cultural standard than all of us". That statement got Naofumi concerned. It sounds like America does not want to get involved in foreign intervention on aggressors. That is concerning seeing how the Americans are vital in military power. Likewise, this was also Ned's concern.

"Mr. Patterson" Ned says before being cut off by him.

"P.C. Patterson".

"Right- you know that our policy is that we fight unwarranted aggression against their neighbors".

"Well, I don't think that we should be labeling nations who just wish to spread their cultures throughout their borders" P.C. Patterson says.

"So you are just going to let that bitch just invade other countries? What kind of foreign policy is that?" Naofumi asked angrily, seeing how this "soyboy" would allow tyranny to ravage Europe because of they see it as interfering with culture.

"First of all, I do not appreciate you calling the empress a bitch" P.C. Patterson says talking back to a more seasoned foreign affairs minister. "Second, I think we all should respect the cultures and differences between us and Rome. After all, that is key to live in peace with Rome. Third, do not call it invasion. I do not appreciate that microaggression. The proper term is cultural expedition". Clearly the delegates are weirded out by the secretary's statement, to which Ned promptly apologizes.

"You'll have to forgive. Uh, he went to a liberal arts campus for his education" Ned says annoyed.

"Cortez University of Law, Class of 1999 of the PC Delta fraternity. Got a problem with that bro?".

"As a matter of fact, I see the problem that this ignorance is causing" another voice bursts out. Looking back again, they see that the French delegation has arrived. President Tamaki Suoh appears, alongside Prime Minister Haruhi Fujioka and advisor to the president, Kyoya Ootori who has special commands to give to the other advisors of Tamaki's cabinet which is all the reason why he is here and not all of the cabinet members. Alongside the French delegation, the escaped slave girl Erza Scarlet holds the hand of Haruhi tightly. Tamaki continues.

"If we were to excuse the empress of each of these micro aggressions as you call it, then we certainly wouldn't be here now would we?".

"President Suoh!" Ned says to him. "Pleasure to see you again. I hope you've been doing well this week".

"I'm doing alright. Not much happens in France".

"And I see you brought the prime minister too" Roy replies.

"Pleasure to see you again Chancellor Mustang". Roy notices the small, shy, red haired girl clinging on to Haruhi's hand, hiding behind her.

"Prime minister" Roy says curiously. "Who is this young girl? Is she yours and Tamaki's?"

"Oh no. She is an orphan from one of our French colonies. Tamaki wanted to bring a bright child to one of these meetings". Which is obviously a lie, but they didn't want to alarm the council that could lead to threats of war. So they had to lay low on the whole child slave thing.

"What's her name?"

"Her name is Erza Scarlet. Go on and say hi little one" she continues, gesturing for Erza to say hello.

"H-Hello" Erza replies shyly. Most of the delegates give a warm smile to the young girl, though some of them were conversing with each other. Melty holds out her hand to her in a gesture of kindness.

"Happy to meet you Erza. I am Queen Melty Melromarc of Greece". Erza upon hearing the last name Melromarc flinched at the end, and Melty is left baffled and confused. She hides behind Haruhi once more.

"Sorry about that" Haruhi explains, "but her mother lived on the border of our Vietnam colony and Rome's Chinese territories. There was a small skirmish in the nineties initiated by fanatics of the empress". Melty was deeply troubled. To think her sister would pull off something like this. Well she knew she would during war, but this was peace time. She can not be allowed to do that, but she can't even be stopped.

"I am terribly sorry about your mother, and I am as horrified as you are about my sister" Melty says to Erza. "But you must know that I am not like her. I would never dare hurt you". Erza feels like she can trust these people. All of these delegates, except...

"Don't beat yourself up nor your sister. I bet her mother was a cultural bigot to her neighbors" Said P.C. Patterson angrily about the way he sees that a minority culture is being attacked. "And she is definitely not an orphan. She is an unprotected, exposed young person". Ned takes him back from the crowd to a more private conversation.

"Mr.- I mean, P.C. Patterson, what exactly are you doing. This orphan has been through a lot, and I don't think your mannerisms are helping". This angered Patterson a little.

"Excuse me, but with all do respect. I am trying to help her ease the pain. I think I know a thing or two about young people who are unprotected and exposed".

"But P.C. Patterson. I know you like to change the narrative to make it sound better than it is, but I am concerned that these "PC" mannerisms may actually offend people. And you know words can cause a full scale war" Ned says worryingly. But what he didn't plan was for Patterson to be full on triggered by the simple word of war.

"War? WAR!" P.C. Patterson shouts angrily at Ned, causing the delegates to look at them. "WAR! Is unexceptable bro. War is out of the question! It will upset the balance of power! Making that puny, uncultured, unaccepting, bigoted power of Greece in charge of the Mediterranean!". He points at the Greek delegation, making Naofumi more irate.

"Hey!" Naofumi shouts at him. "We Greeks are a peaceful, industrious, and moral people. And we have earned our right to have our say in the world's affairs!".

"Sure you do bro" PC Patterson says sarcastically, "as much of a right as the religiously bigoted Russians whose Tsar still controls 1/3 of the world!" He continues pointing at the Russian delegation, where Fanny had a few strong words about that.

"Excuse me!" She says angrily, "but the empire of Russia is the seed of reason. The center of world civilization and culture!"

"I mean, where did the ideas of the enlightenment come from" Steven buts in.

"You never adopted those ideas you rich white supremacist!" Patterson says, putting emphasis on those last slurs, which first of all is not true, He isn't a supremacist and they did adopt those ideas. The government is ran by an Imperial Duma whose chairman, Nigel Uno, was back doing work in Moscow right now. "There is only one country that has adopted these enlightenment ideals. And that goes to show that America's PC culture is best for everyone!" He continues to preach. Suddenly a slow clap is heard from not the front door, but the other door leading to the Security Council's room.

"You might believe that international democracy hand in hand with American politics" a voice says, "but you have forgotten that the British empire is the most magnificent example of working democracy the world has ever seen". In comes the British hosts, and their closest allies the Japanese delegation. In short, the British delegation includes Queen Charity Bazaar, her husband, and the president of the International Senate, Prince Loud Kiddington Duke of Edinburgh, Prime Minister Yakko Warner who is a funny looking creature, Defense Minister Sir Buster Bunny, a blue bunny, and Foreign Minister Brain W. D. Mouse, an intelligent lab mouse. The Japanese delegation includes The emperor Conan Edogawa, Japanese Prime Minister Tsukasa Mikogami, a man with grey hair and heteronochromia eyes (one being pinksh red and the other blue), and Foreign Minister Kusuo Saiki, a silent man with pink hair and green glasses. The delegates greet these British and Japanese delegations.

"Anyway, P.C. Patterson, I wanted to say that you really ought to be seen and not heard" Charity says politely.

"And what is that suppose to mean?" he asks. An Irratated Naofumi would then go up to him.

"It means that you should shut up!" He says. "God! You are so irritating. Do you always have to open your trap?".

"I have more of a correct view of the world, which is more than I can say to someone who tried to find away to assault the empress!" He shouts back.

"Mr.- I mean P.C. Patterson, I do not appreciate that you are attacking my best advisor" Melty says. "He was blatantly attacked by my sister". Sensing the minor tension growing, Queen Charity decides to go forward with the rest of the affairs.

"That is enough chit chat" Charity says trying to calm everyone down. "Chancellor Mustang, I assume you have that cameraman with you correct?".

"Yes, we do have him on hand".

"Excellent! Okay everyone, let's set up for our annual Security Council meeting picture". With that said, the delegates line up front and back for the group picture they always take every year to commemorate the many years the International Senate and the Security Council have been active. The picture is taken and the delegates continue to converse, taking notice on little Erza. 

"Okay everyone!" Prince Loud says, "Let us convene the Security Council". The delegates make their way to the meeting room, conversing. Ned decided to stop Naofumi in his tracks.

"Hey, Naofumi" Ned says, "I wanted to apologize for the actions of my state secretary".

"Whatever" Naofumi says a little pissed.

"I'm being sincere. Mr. Patterson just doesn't know any better, though he does think he is better".

"Well, all I have to say is that I can't believe there is someone just as bad and annoying as Motoyasu".  

-End of Chapter 14-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 677 10
A story about the 115th King of the Lucis Kingdom and the young master of Chaldea. Set in thirty years after the final event of Final Fantasy XV. (Y...
4.9K 126 16
"𝔸 lie may take care of the present but it has no future" When disembarking the Hogwarts Express, Draco Lucius Malfoy meets the most dashing young w...
25.7K 1.2K 15
[AVAILABLE!] Various Lego Monkie Kid x Female Muzan Reader. ____________________________________ ❝𝐼 π‘€π‘Žπ‘  π‘›π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘Ž π‘”π‘œπ‘œπ‘‘ π‘π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ π‘œπ‘›, π‘‘π‘œ...
97.7K 2.2K 28
you wouldn't expect the younger malfoy fall for the chosen one. y/n malfoy, also known as the sister of draco and child of narcissa and lucius malfoy...