Orb of Obscurity

Por AvyannaTremaine

"Yes? Please come in" I looked up to see the most alluring pair of eyes I'd ever seen accompanied by an equa... Más

Author's note
1- Orb of Obscurity
2- Snowed In
3- The first encounter
4- Rantipole
5- Noceur
6- Revelation
7- Skepticism
8- Lacuna
9- Predilection
10- Back to reality
11- Breathing new life
12- Nyctophilia
13- Metanoia
14- Misconception
15- Eunoia
16- Yūgen
17- Delirium
18- Serein
19- Insouciant
20- Liberosis
21- Arcadian
Gratitude
22- Ukiyo
23- Caim
24- Zenosyne
25- Beatitude
26- Atelophobia
27- Opia
28- The Game
29- Saudade
30- Kef
31-Ceraunophilia
32- Ikigai
33- The company date
34-Settling down
35-Aria
36-Conversations
37-Dysania
38-Meraki
40-Nepenthe
41- Commixture
42-Sempiternal
43-Vellichor
Jealousy
44-Natsukashii
45-Psithurism
46-Komorebi
47- Melancholy
48-Yearning
49-Orb of Obscurity
50-Boketto
51-Sonder
52-Nodes Tollens
53-Solivagant
54-Majime
55-Sophrosyne
56-Ènouement
57-Eccedentesiast
58-Bittersweet
59-Limerance
60- Revealed

39- Yonderly

117 12 10
Por AvyannaTremaine

*mentally or emotionally distant, absent minded*
___________________________

I stepped into the shop. I was welcomed warmly. I told the lady that I was there to get the stuff I had ordered. She directed me towards a fancy part of the shop. I sat down on the chair as they put the item that I had asked for in front of me.

I was planning on buying something that Jimin could wear without receiving any suspicion from fans. This was perfect.

I smiled at the staff in front of me.
"I'll take it. Please gift wrap it."

I left the shop feeling happy. The pendant looked better than I had expected. One job down.

I went back to the dorm and put the necklace aside.

"Here. Your package arrived." Maren put the box on my bed as she sat down on it. "What did you buy?" She asked excited.

"Open it." I threw a pair of scissors on the bed in front of her.

"Oh is it something for me?" She said enthusiastically as she took the covers off. "Bro, did you really get this for me?" She asked, frozen.

"No dummy, it's for Chim and Me." I giggled as I took it from her hands, examining it. Pretty good.

"You had me in the first half." She scoffed. "Of course it's for chim. I am a nobody now, aren't I? "

"You will always remain my wife baby." I sent her a flying kiss. She pretended to catch it, and threw it outside the door.

"That hurt Maren!" I pouted.

"Serves you right for leaving me alone all the time just because you got a boyfriend." She narrowed her eyes.

"I'm sorry. Jimin and I barely get any time to meet Mare." I sighed as I sat down opposite her. "We've had a long conversations about this. Both of us are at arm's reach and yet we can't see each other. Forget the part of us not being able to go out because of him being exposed. We are not living a normal life."

" B$*ch you're dating a celeb. What did you expect?" She laughed. "Then what about Noah and me? We can't meet even if we want to. It's a blessing that he is loyal to me and loves me."

"He is a great guy. I'm always jealous of you for having a guy like him." I smirked.

"And I am jealous of you. What about your guy huh? Don't get me started. He is God in disguise. Yo.."

"Alright, I know. Shut up." I chuckled as I put the t-shirt in a bag, along with the necklace. "I have to change."

"You're wearing that now?" Mare asked me as she got up to leave.

"Jimin's leaving for the tour tomorrow. We have just an hour to meet. He is so freaking busy." I said, feeling stressed as well.

It had finally arrived. The day he left for his overseas tour. We had dreaded this day for long, fearing that it would draw a line in between us. He was to come back after almost two months. That's the longest we had been without seeing each other. Truth be said, they had been on tour for even 10 months and this is quite short. But it is a crucial fact for us both as we are together now. It is a new obstacle in our almost a year old relationship.

We'd get through it. I consoled myself as I put my t-shirt and necklace on, pairing them with high waisted jeans.

The last conversation that Jimin and I had flashed in front of my eyes.
______________________________

*Flashback*

I was sitting in class, fingers fidgeting with the phone. Jimin had called me and I couldn't pick it up. I was about to text him back when,

"You there. Give me the answer." I was looking at the phone hidden below my books.

Mare nudged me, making me look up in surprise. Was he asking me the question? Sh*t.

"Inversion of T wave due to inherited ventricular thickness." Mare whispered to me and I repeated it.
I sat down huffing.

"Careful, he's been eyeing you for a while." Mare warned me.

I decided to pay attention to the lecture after that. After class, I went on rounds and time flew by, until I got free in the evening.

"Saura, the results are here. I think he needs to get a surgery as soon as possible. Can you take the reports to Dr. Kim?" Ji hyun asked. It was another normal day at the hospital but tiring none the less.

I walked to the professor's room but he wasn't there. I took my phone out to call him when I noticed all the calls and texts.

*4 missed calls - Chim.*

*Why aren't you picking up Saura?*

*Are you busy? Can you call me back?*

*Are you ignoring me? Seriously? You couldn't  even spare some time to text me back?*

F*#k . What had I gotten myself into?

I badly wanted to call him back but work was killing me. I made a quick call to Dr. Kim and briefed about the situation to the family of the patient. It took another half hour, making me forget about the situation at hand.

Finally as I sat down to eat an early dinner, I remembered that I had to call Jimin. I started freaking out, heartbeat raising, making me sweat. He already sounded angry.

I called him back and....he didn't pick up. I tried calling him a couple more times. No response.

*Chim, I am soo sooo sorry. I was really busy and couldn't reply back. Please pick up the phone.*

I started eating, still feeling jittery.

"Busy day?" Dae hyun sat down opposite to me.

"Not much but yeah, not a good day." I said, rubbing my temples.

"You look stressed." He said sympathetically.

"I am. Sometimes I wish I could bury myself and hibernate for months straight." I said, stuffing my mouth with food.

"God, you speak such weird things." Dae hyun laughed.

We had a pretty light hearted conversation, him making me laugh trying to help me relieve stress. And it helped.

"Hey, do you know that guy? He has been staring at us for a while." Dae hyun said making me turn back.

"Who?" I asked looking around.

"Oh where did he go? He was just standing there?" Dae hyun looked around.

"Never mind. Let's get back to work." I said getting up, sipping the last few drops of my juice.

I looked at my phone checking for Jimin's messages. He had read the messages. Why wasn't he replying? I stopped in my tracks.

"Any issue?" Dae hyun asked me, pulling me to the side by my shoulders, letting the people get by without me blocking their way.

"Um, nothing. Go ahead." I said, not paying him attention.

"Something is definitely up." He asked questioningly, but when he received no response from me in return, he just sighed and left after patting my shoulder.

I texted Jimin back.

*Chim why aren't you responding? I am sorry babe. Please talk to me.*

I called him again only to be met with voicemail on the other side.

I sighed. How was I supposed to deal with this?

"Doc, bed number 51. Seizure." A nurse called for me.

I put the phone away and rushed to the patient. There went my chance.

Just as I had finished administering drugs, my phone rang.

*Tae incoming*

Tae? Why was he calling me?

My overreacting brain immediately thought that that something must be wrong with Jimin. Was that why he had called me? I felt like killing myself.

I picked up the call with trembling hands.

*Hello? Tae?*

*Hey Saura. How are ya?*

*I'm fine. Is something wrong?* I hoped my voice wouldn't break at that time.

*Um I don't know exactly. That's why I called you. Is something wrong between you two?*

*Not exactly. Why? Is Jimin alright?*

*Well he wasn't looking very good all day.* My heart dropped to my stomach. Had I ignored him while he was sick? Tears were starting to spring in my eyes.

*He kept looking at his phone all day and he wouldn't say anything when asked. He went out in his car after shoot and came back some time later looking really angry. He shut the door, and wouldn't respond to us properly.*

What the hell was going on?

I blanked out not knowing what to do.

*Saura? SAURA? *

*Yeah, yes.*

*Are you alright? Can I ask you what's wrong?*

*I don't know myself.* I gave a sarcastic laugh. Life had funny ways of putting us in trouble.

*Do you mind if I come over now?*

*Now? Yeah sure.*

*Thanks. See you. Don't mention this to Jimin.*

*Oh, okay. See ya.*

I cut the call. I had no other choice. I searched for Dae hyun and ended up bumping into him.

"Whoa, careful. Where are you headed t.."

"Lend me you car, please." I cut him off, getting straight to the point.

"Oh okay. Emergency?" He asked me, looking worried.

I nodded and put my hands out for the keys. He placed them in my hand and just as I was about to leave, he held my wrist. "Careful."

I gave him a smile and rushed to tell Ji hyun about my break. I told him that I would be away for about an hour and he reassured me that he would take care of stuff. I took the car and drove towards the dorm, cautious about being back in the hospital in time. I could get caught pretty bad if the higher ups knew about my little escapade.

I parked the car and ran all the way to the door of the dorm, ringing the doorbell.

"Saura?" Joon said, raising his brows as he looked me up and down. I looked down and realized that I was still in my scrubs and coat.

"Um, I am in a hurry. I'm here to see Jimin." I said, still breathing fast, from running my way there.

"Sure. Come in." He let me in and I rushed in, making my way straight to Jimin's room. I met Tae in the corridor and he just smiled pointing towards Jimin's room.

I nodded and knocked on the door, not willing to barge in. There was no response from the other side. I looked at Tae with wide eyes. He knocked at the door again and called for Jimin.

I heard footsteps on the other side, sending some relief to my worried heart.

"I told you I was fine, why are you s..." His words died as soon as he saw me. His eyes grew cold making me gulp down in fear. I had never seen him angry and his expressionless face scared me to the core.

"Can we talk?" I said in a small voice.

He just went inside, leaving the door open. I didn't want to look at Tae, afraid of being judged. I stepped into the room shutting the door behind me.

Jimin sat down on the bed, scrolling through his phone, ignoring me completely.

"Jimin speak to me." I said, my voice failing me at the wrong time.

He maintained his silence. I couldn't explain my emotions. Fear overruled confusion and sadness at that moment. I walked towards him, not daring to sit down next to him. I leaned on the table in his room, resting my hands on it.

"I am really sorry. I was truly busy all day. Work kept me on my toes all day. I saw your messages really late .."

He gave a sarcastic laugh making me stop. Why was he behaving this way?

"I already apologized Chim. Please tell me why you're angry?" I sighed.

"Oh, so I am the one at fault here?" He said cockily, lips curving up into a smirk. "I know how busy you were. Too busy to call me back but free enough to laugh and have fun with another guy huh?"

What the hell was he talking about?

"Not to mention that the guy likes you and you dated. Why are you here? Go back to him."

"Jimin!" I said in a threatening voice, shocked and hurt beyond limits.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me!" He looked at me with murderous eyes, making me flinch. "I saw you earlier at the hospital with him, laughing and having fun. Very busy, on your toes right? I saw that with my own eyes." He sat up on the bed.

My eyes teared up and I was holding them in, trying to look strong.

"Are you doubting me of cheating on you?" I asked, choked up.

He raised his eyebrow, and tilted his head. "I didn't say anything of that sort. Did I?"

I smiled, exasperated. He had begun to get on my nerves real bad.

"What is your point then?" I asked him, fully angry then. I sniffed, trying to hold my tears in. I wasn't going to cry in front of this idiot.

"I don't know. Maybe I just wanted to tell you about me going away from you for months on tour and you just ignored me all day and I finally come to see you, only to find you with another guy? No issues." He waved his hand.

"I told you that I was busy all day. Just as I was stressed about not picking up your calls in time, he showed up to speak to me. And we DID NOT date. I told you all this already." I explained, exhausted at this point. My legs were weak.

"My point exactly, you could have waited until you spoke to me instead of speaking with him! I was sitting with the phone in my hands all day long waiting for your reply. You think I don't have any stress? I was so f*#cking worried about the tour coming up all of a sudden. I was worried about leaving you alone and what do I get in return? You talking to your ex." He ranted out.

"Do you hear yourself? If you had your phone in your hand all day, why didn't you pick up when I called you back?" I asked him, my voice raising on it's own.

He paused. "I wanted you to feel what I felt every time you didn't pick up my calls." He replied looking away.

I laughed mockingly. "So who's fault is it now? Very mature of you Jimin. Very mature. What fascinates me is that this is clearly NOT the first time we are having this conversation. What about the times that you haven't picked up the phone when I called you? Do you see me being jealous of you meeting so many God damn women everyday? I told you very clearly from the beginning that all this would happen if you dated me, that we wouldn't have time. What is your f#*king issue now?"

Tears flowed down my cheeks continuously. I was breathing hard. If there was one thing I absolutely hated, it was being accused wrongly for doing something that the other person is mistaken about.

He looked at me, mouth slightly open.

"Why? Don't have anything to say now?" I laughed, as tears kept pouring out. "Come see me when you're back to your senses. Or leave me alone if you're going to add meaning to everything that you assume. At least give me a chance to explain." I spat those words out at him as I walked towards the door. I slowed down as I held the door's handle in my hand.

I kinda hoped him to stop me. He didn't. It made fresh tears spring out of my eyes. I dried my eyes with the sleeves of my coat and left the room.

There was a small group in the lounge staring at me as I passed by them. They probably heard all the drama that we had put up in the room.

They didn't speak to me and I was thankful for it.

*End of flashback*
_________________________________

Let's just say that it took Jimin quite a few hours to come find me at the hospital and apologize for being a moron. It took a lot of persuasion on his side to get me to talk to him again.

Props to his efforts though. He stayed with me almost until one in the morning at the hospital. Not to mention the gifts that he sent to me the next day to make up for his stupidity.

I arrived at the dorm to see the guys busy packing stuff, all stressed about being away for days.

I entered the room silently and hugged Jimin from behind making him jump. "Hey handsome." I said.

He turned and hugged me back sighing. I kissed him trying to get him to relax. He smiled.

"Hey beautiful."
______________________________

Author's note:

Welcome to the longest chapter of the book.🥳🥳🥳 (Until now😅) I had a blast writing the fight scene. Partly acting stuff out to see if it fit the situation🤣🤣🤣🤣. Hope it was good.

Until then,
I love how talented army are🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also, my boi Jimin's face got framed and is proudly hanging on the wall.🤣🤣🤣 I laughed at it so much.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

504 92 18
"Seoyoon?" You turn to look at his nervous form. You gently reach his hands and intertwine with yours. You smile at him reassuringly. "You okay? You...
11.4K 602 25
"i'm not what you think i am, and when you find out, you won't want this." "how 'bout you let me decided that for myself, baby girl." a lawyer with a...
18.6K 732 30
" Taehyung: If you knew who I was you wouldn't talk to me like that. He smirked and walked closer to me. Y/n: And if you knew who I was you would kn...
130K 5.8K 40
"She wasn't ready to have seven chaotic boys enter her life and turn it upside down and neither were they." *** 26-year-old Bo-Ra, broken down inside...