sanctuary || d. wayne

By callmebyyourmango

"There is literally no one that can understand you." "That was not as reassuring as I needed it to be." In wh... More

CAST
PART ONE
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
PART TWO
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY - ONE
EPILOGUE
thank you
sequel <3

SEVEN

5.7K 301 80
By callmebyyourmango

hey, there's a little Arabic in here. obviously I don't know Arabic so I usually use word reference but if it's wrong PLEASE CORRECT ME.

WAYNE MANOR
NOVEMBER 5th
17:58 p.m.

The nightmare of a confrontation plagued Noelle's mind for the rest of the until she approached the gates of Wayne Manor. True to her word, Noelle told Daniel about her relationship with Robin (to an extent, of course). According to her, their relationship was mildly friendly, nothing more.

The confrontation was quickly replaced with the sudden anxiety of approaching those large gates. Before she could press the button to talk to whomever, the gate buzzes and slowly opens itself.

"We're still trying to keep this a surprise for Master Damian," chimes a British voice from the intercom. Noelle nods her head and says nothing.

The driveway was, for some reason, longer than expected. Her shoes tap against the concrete. Her eyes scan the enormous mansion as she approaches. So many windows seemed to look out at the beautifully sculpted front yard. I wonder if any of those are Damian's room.

She passes the hedges trimmed to look like animals and statues. The outside of the place is beautiful, for lack of better words. She could only imagine what the inside was like.

This isn't wrong, is it?

Noelle lets out a nervous breath as she approaches the large double doors. Noelle opened her home for him, but he's never mentioned his own. Of course, that was when she didn't know his identity, but recent events could have led to a mention of his home life. Damian had no idea she was coming over for dinner. What if he got mad? Jason reassured her multiple times if he were to get mad, it'd be at his brothers and never at her.

Before Noelle could even use the handles to knock, the door opens. An older gentleman dressed in a butler's uniform greets her with a warm smile.

"Miss King," he greets before opening the door wider. "Welcome, the others are waiting for you inside."

Noelle gives a sheepish grin before stepping inside. "You must be Mr. Pennyworth," she greets back. "Damian's told me a little about you. Uh, thank you. Are the others—"

"Patiently waiting for you to psyche our little brother out?" A deep, gruff voice chimes, making Noelle look over. Three grown men grin eagerly as they approach.

"Jason?" Noelle guesses with a small smile, looking at the one who seemed the most punchable (at least, that's how Damian described him). He gives a small bow, making the two standing in either side of him roll their eyes. "Dick," she identifies the one that looks most like Damian (despite the lack of shared DNA). "Tim?" The shorter one gives two thumbs up and a grin.

"You're a good guesser," Dick notes, nodding his head at her with crossed arms.

"Damian's mentioned you three" she admits, unconsciously looking away from them to admire the inside decor of the manor. "He thinks you can be annoying sometimes, but Jason's worse." She forces herself to look back at them, her amber eyes lighting up again. "Hi, I'm Noelle."

Her cheeks heat up a little as she offers her hand for them to shake. The three laugh, pretty loudly by the way, considering they wanted her to be a surprise.

"Sweetie, you're family now, like it or not," Jason laughs a little more before patting her shoulder. Noelle lowers her hand awkwardly, confused.

"Look, Damian's a total ass," Tim explains after noticing her confusion, "but lately, he's been a little less of one and that's all because of you."

"What they mean is," Dick clarifies, pushing them out of the way, "is that you've helped him when he needed it. And, you make him happy." Noelle gives a small smile as her cheeks continue to heat up in embarrassment. "Also, it's really good you're here. You might be the only one to convince him to actually eat dinner tonight."

"Does he do that often? Not eat dinner?"

"He can, but he's smart enough to know that meals will help keep him strong," Dick admits. He can? Noelle repeats, what does that mean? "Would you mind asking? I'm sure he'll be happy to see you."

"Okay," Noelle agrees, giving an embarrassed smile, "yeah, sure. Uh..." she looks around the main room for emphasis. "Where...?"

"You may follow me this way," Alfred chimes, expecting the confusion. Noelle nods her head before making her way to follow him.

He leads her through a series of halls and a up flight of stairs, every wall decorated with beautiful paintings and antique artifacts. This place is beautiful, she can't help but think to herself. And huge. She felt like she'd been walking forever as they maneuvered through the manor.

She couldn't help but almost feel insecure about her tiny apartment. If he's so used to this, why continue staying at her place? Even though his brothers just confirmed the answer, it was almost weird to admit. Noelle never had a boy attracted to her, not like this. Her relationship, if she could call it that, with Damian felt real. It made her want to be beside him.

What's Damian going to say when he sees her? She can't help but worry again. Anger? Fear? Embarrassment? His brothers seemed to take a liking to her, but that's only because of her 'influence' on Damian. Maybe they'll get to learn more about her during dinner and realize she's pretty cool. Or maybe they already know that.

As Alfred slowed to a stop in front of a nice-looking door, the butterflies in her stomach started fluttering furiously, as if they were trying to escape. She lets out the breath she'd been holding.

"Don't worry," Alfred reassures softly, noticing how anxious she seems, "he'll be ecstatic to see you again."

'Thank you' she mouthes, hoping not to reveal herself too early. Alfred nods before stepping away. With a hesitant sigh, Noelle knocks on the door thrice. She can hear him groan from the other side.

"I said I don't want anything!" Damian snaps from his room. Noelle can't help but smile at the sound of his annoyed voice.

"If you don't eat, you'll just end up crashing through my window again," Noelle answers. She smiles, waiting to hear the thump of footsteps. But they never came. Instead, the door opens a few inches almost immediately, a surprised Damian greeting her.

Right, she reminds herself, he was an assassin and he's a vigilante. He's used to moving quietly.

"Noelle?" He greets, the door opened enough just to see his face and part of his shoulder. "What are you doing here?"

Noelle gives a sheepish grin before waving her hands awkwardly. "Surprise!" The door opens more, revealing the turtleneck he likes to wear. His facial expression didn't change. Noelle lowers her hands, the anxiety flooding back again. "I'm sorry," she immediately apologizes, "I know, I overstepped, but your brother texted me the other day and he thought this would be a great idea and for some reason—"

At first, his lips on hers felt a little cold. But when his hands held her hips and pulled her close, Noelle nearly melted. Before she could reciprocate, Damian pulls away. The blush that formed on his neck managed to creep up to his cheeks. It was the first time Noelle saw his cheeks a different shade like that.

He was actually blushing.

"Sorry," he apologizes softly, breath fanning against her lips, "I know I should've asked, but I've been waiting to do that all week."

"Don't apologize," Noelle whispers as small smile forms. "You can do that whenever."

He clears his throat, trying to feel less awkward about it before pulling away slightly and looking her in the eye. Her heart jumps at the light in those emerald eyes. "You said my brother texted you?"

Noelle, who was still a little awestruck by his reaction, nods. "Y-Yeah. Jason...he thought it'd be a great idea to join you guys for dinner."

"al'abalah (idiot)," Damian curses, making Noelle raise a brow. "I guess he didn't remember Father would be gone." Noelle lets out a breath, almost relieved she wouldn't have to meet Bruce Wayne tonight. Eating with his brothers already gave her enough anxiety. "It doesn't matter, we don't usually eat together often anyway."

"So..." Noelle starts before giving a grin, "why skip if you guys don't eat together often?"

He gives a small smirk. "They can get annoying."

"So you say, but they've been nothing but perfect gentlemen since I've arrived." She grins.

"We're going to have to give you a more realistic view of my brothers." He sighs, thumb gently rubbing small circles against her hip.

"Does that mean you'll be willing to come down and eat?"

A genuine smile forms on his face before he gives a chaste kiss. "Anything for you, King." He steps into the hallway with her before looking back in his room. "Titus, come."

Noelle's eyes widen at the sight of the black Great Dane that steps into the hall. Her hand unconsciously puts itself against her cheek as she resists the urge to squeal. "You have a dog?!"

"Yeah." Damian shrugs before letting Titus's head. "He's pretty cool."

"That's so adorable!" Noelle gushes, "you're like that character trope where a person's super mean and stuff but has an adorable connection to animals!"

"Titus isn't adorable," Damian argues, "he's an honorable ally. Pennyworth and Bat-Cow on the other hand—"

"There's more?!"

Damian raises a brow. "I've told you this. Pennyworth is my cat and Bat-Cow is why I'm vegetarian."

Noelle gapes. "No, you did not tell me you had a cat, a dog, and a cow!" She gently punches his arm, knowing it would hurt if she put effort. "I would remember that." She grabs his hand before gently tugging it. "Come one, let's hurry up and eat so I can meet them."

12/2/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

509K 17.4K 42
"Hazel." "What?" "My name." I swallowed hesitantly, afraid to shatter the silence between us anymore than I already had, "It's Hazel." The silence of...
77.7K 2.2K 16
Damian was happy and bright young man. Well that's what everyone thought at least.. But in reality he is a young boy struggling with depression. He w...
115K 2.5K 31
"Silence won't get you justice." "Yea, and I suppose a man in a bat suit will." "So, it speaks." "I'm sorry my give a fuck button isn't available but...
32.6K 1.3K 36
"Somehow in my lucid state I found my way to you. I don't know why I felt the need to come here when I did, but I did it anyway," Dick lifted his han...