Acid Rain

By abbileeann

Blake has been going through some rough times so her friends decide to take her out on the town where she mee... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 17

778 22 1
By abbileeann

|Sorry this part is so long you guys. This should be the longest chapter. Later in the story they get a lot shorter don't worry.

The song is St. James and the picture is of The Rev, Synyster Gates, and Johnny.

For those of you who don't know, today is December 28th, the day Jimmy passed away. He passed away in 2009. I think all of you can tell how much The Rev means to me so I won't post a long story about how much I love and miss him. RIP The Rev. You're in our hearts foREVer.

Thanks for reading.|

                After Brian pulled away he looked at me, that same smirk on his face.

                I didn’t know what to do or say, neither did he. We were both in a state of shock by what had just happened. People had continued their usual conversations as if Brian and I kissing was a usual thing. The only people that were still in just as much shock as Brian as I were was Matt, Paige, Jimmy, and Zack.

                All the sounds I was hearing were muffled and the sights were blurred. The only person in my vision was Brian. All Brian. I heard the clanking of heels as Paige ran towards me and grabbed my wrist, dragging me back into the house.

                “Tell me exactly how it felt, what were you thinking when it happened?” Paige asked me excitedly, a large grin was spread across her face.

                We were sitting in her and Matt’s bedroom on their comfy white bed. Their large master bedroom was elegantly decorated and there was even a balcony right outside the two white French doors that led to it from their bedroom.

                “Well, I don’t know,” I stumbled over my words looking for the right ones to use, “it felt like nothing else was in existence at that moment I guess.”

                Paige grinned even bigger, “go on.”

                “And… there were sparks, and I couldn’t breathe.”

                Paige squealed with excitement and grabbed my hands, “so what happens now?”

                I honestly didn’t know. I wasn’t expecting that to happen. Where did Brian and I go from here? Did this count as our second date? What exactly was happening?

                “I don’t know, that’s something I have to talk to him about,” I stuttered still in shock from the past events.

                Suddenly Matt walked into the bedroom, “hey Blake Brian’s looking for you. By the way, that was quite a scene,” he grinned while walking over to his wife and winked then planted a kiss on her lips similar to mine and Brian’s.

                I rolled my eyes and moved a piece of hair out of my face, “what do I say to him?”

                “Just be yourself,” Paige said holding Matt’s hand.

                “Last time I did that he yelled at me,” I said starting to panic and get butterflies in my stomach.

                “Well something you did worked,” Matt said before leading Paige out of their bedroom.

                I gathered my thoughts and took a minute to breathe. After taking a couple seconds for myself I started to walk outside of their bedroom but was immediately stopped and greeted in the doorway by the one and only Synyster Gates.

                “You were looking for me?” I asked.

He nodded, “that’s right. I just wanted to talk about what happened about ten minutes ago.”

                Brian lightly touched my shoulder, sending chills down my spine, and led me to the bed. He sat down next to me and sighed.

                “So where do we go from here?” I asked.

“Does this count as our second date?” he asked looking over at me.

                I really wasn’t sure but everything we did tonight had all the events a basic date has, dancing, drinking, partying, kissing.

                “I think so,” I answered.

                We sat in silence for a minute just thinking till Brian broke the quiet, “so I’m assuming it worked?”

                I looked at him confused, “what worked?”

He had a playful look in his dark brown eyes, “I made you jealous while I was with Danielle.”

                I shook my head, “oh that? No, I know you’re smarter than to actually go for her,” I chuckled stealing Zacky’s words.

“So that wasn’t hatred in your eyes towards Danielle when I saw you looking at us through the window?”

                I shook my head again, “nope, in fact I think it was you that I made jealous when Zack and I started dancing together then I made you even more jealous when I was dancing with Jimmy. Why were you so jealous they’re your friends, I’m pregnant with your baby not theirs.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that.”

                I rolled my eyes at his remark.

“But I was not jealous I merely just wanted to have a good time, and I did, by making you jealous,” Brian grinned then got off the bed and walked towards the door, “come on we’d better go and watch over Jimmy, he’s probably already drunk. We might need to bring him up here to sleep.”

                Sighing I followed Brian out of the bedroom happy that Zack, Jimmy, and I successfully made him green with envy.

                As we walked down the huge snow white carpeted steps I felt Brian move a little closer to me and brush his hand against mine. Why was he acting like this? What happened to the jerk I used to know, now I was actually kind of starting to enjoy being around him, at least tonight I was.

                He moved his hand up against mine again but immediately pulled it away when a little girl in a pink dress came running up to us with a purple princess wand in her hand.

                “Are you Mr. Gates?” the six year old asked.

                Brian nodded confused, “how do you know that name?”

The girl turned and pointed to Jimmy who in return happily waved at us, “I asked him if I could give him a makeover and he told me Synyster Gates would love a makeover.”

                Brian shook his head, “no I don’t want you putting make-up on me.”

“Please Mr. Gates. All the other kids are afraid of you and I told them they were wrong to be afraid, I want to prove to them that not all people that look like you are big, mean, and scary,” she begged. She then proceeded to pull a glass bottle of pink nail polish out and started to open it. He quickly snatched it away from her and showed her his nails, “my nails are already painted see? They’re black so like I already said, no makeover today or ever.” With that he walked right past the girl accidently knocking the wand out of her hands.

                She slowly knelt down to pick up her wand then stood back up and walked back to her laughing cousins, defeated.

                I grabbed Brian’s arm and pulled him into the tight closet under the staircase we were right in front of. I turned on the light and glared at him, arms folded over my chest.

                “Wow either you’re not happy or you want to make out,” he joked.

I said nothing.

                “What?” he asked annoyed.

                “What was that?” I asked, my turn to be annoyed, “if we were to have a kid together is that how you would treat it? Like crap?”

He stared at me, shocked at my reaction, “I’m not letting that germy little girl put pink nail polish and make-up on my face plus I thought you hated kids.”

                “I don’t hate them, I just don’t like them, but I have enough sense to not do what you just did to that little six year old. Go back out and apologize!” I demanded.

                Brian rolled his eyes, “are you kidding me? Just when I was starting to really like you, you make me do this.”

                I tried to hide my face that was now red from blushing but I was failing so instead I rolled my eyes and walked out of the closet angry at him.

                I walked over to the little girl who was sitting alone on the stair steps, her purple wand laying next to her.

                “What happened to your cousins?” I asked sitting next to her. I smoothed my dark purple dress out and looked at the gorgeous little girl. She had blonde curls and green eyes similar to Matt’s. Her formal pink dress had little plastic diamonds along the bottom giving it a cute girly look.

“They’re outside playing tag,” she mumbled while slowly twirling her fingers.

                I nodded not knowing what else to say. I don’t know why I came over to her in the first place. I wasn’t good at talking to children. With that realization I suddenly grew nervous. I was about to get up when I saw Jimmy and Brian staring at me. Jimmy nodded at me coaxing me on to talk to the girl. “This is how you talk to children,” I heard Jimmy whisper over to Brian. Brian watched me as if he was interested in what I was saying.

                “What’s your name?” I asked.

“Lacey,” she responded quietly.

                “That’s a beautiful name,” I smiled lightly trying my best to cheer her up and show Brian how to treat children, “is Matt your uncle?”

She nodded, “he’s married to Aunt Paige.”

                “They’re a good match huh?” I asked jokingly. They really were, it’s as if God put them together on purpose. Right on cue I saw Matt formally dancing with Paige. They looked at each other with a love I was afraid I’d never be able to feel. Just as the song ended they stared at each other smiling for a second before he leaned down and kissed her on the lips.

“Is Mr. Gates your boyfriend?”

                I tore my gaze away from Matt and Paige to Lacey, shocked she asked that and from what I could tell, Brian and Jimmy heard it too because Jimmy started laughing, Brian was glaring at me.

                “No sweetie he’s not we’re just friends.”

“Oh,” she paused, “but I saw you two kiss.”

                I tried not to smile thinking of that perfect kiss. “We’re not, it was just a friendly gesture.”

“Well you need to kiss other people because he’s mean and I hate him,” Lacey crossed her arms over her chest and poked out her lower lip.

                I knew how she felt, he was good at being a jerk and as much as I wanted to agree with her, I knew I had to do the adult thing. “Lacey, it’s not good to hate people, and he’s really not all that bad,” I assured her while trying to believe it myself. Before Lacey said anything I looked at Brian and mouthed come here. He shook his head but finally came after a few minutes.

                “Lacey, Brian has something he wants to say to you,” I lightly moved a piece of hair out of her red face.

                Brian sighed, he knew what he had to do, he also knew I wasn’t going to let him leave this party without apologizing.

                “I’m sorry Lacey for being so harsh, I just really didn’t want a make-over. I’m a guy, I don’t like make-overs. Even though I may wear make-up sometimes that doesn’t mean I want your make-up, your make-up looks pretty on you, I don’t think you should waste it on me, waste it on yourself,” he apologized.

                I sighed, close enough.

                Lacey looked up at Brian smiled then said bluntly, “that apology sucked but I’ll take it.”

                With that Lacey hopped off of the steps happy again.

                “Wow you suck at apologies,” I laughed. Brian grinned then looked towards Lacey running off while I struggled to get up in my dress and heels.

                “A little help here?” I said. “You’re not big yet you can still get up,” he said ignoring me. I stared at him in shock. He had planted a huge kiss on me not 30 minutes ago and now he was back to his normal self: a great big bag of dic- “I was just kidding,” he grinned then moved over to me and placed one hand lightly on my back and his other in one of my hands.

 “Thanks,” I said while smoothing my dress, “what made you so nice tonight?”

“Well,” he said then slid his fingers in between mine and held my hand sending sparks up my arm, “if tonight counts as our second date, I have to make it a good one.”

“You care?” I asked surprised.

It was his turn to looked surprised, “I still have to prove to you that I’m too good for you.” He then looked forward his smirk in its perfect spot on his face.

I rolled my eyes and smiled, I liked this new Brian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 876 33
COPYRIGHT ©REBEL_UNBOUND 2013 Katie only wanted to visit one of her best friends in L.A. when not only life but a whole band gets in her way. What ha...
4.3K 41 20
A girl, who never gets to see her brother, cause his in a big shot bass player for a band called Avenged Sevenfold. Finally, he comes back to his hom...
15.1K 675 13
Brian sets out to change himself, in hopes that Jackie would give him another chance at being the best husband and father he could ever be. But scare...
25.3K 610 21
Zacky and Brian (Synyster Gates) are best friends/band mates. Is there something more? Will things work out or will Zacky be left heart broken? ***Wa...