Promise Never to fall in-love...

By Kerisha14iceqween

Highest rankings- #3 reassurance #6 hurtful words #14 adults #1 for kerrie Phoebe's just a normal teen or... More

Before you start reading....
PART 1:: Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19::Characters
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 26

231 6 0
By Kerisha14iceqween

I froze in the same spot unable to move. Brent who was drunk sobered up quickly as Bri stomped her way over to where I was with fuming rage. He got up and fixed his pants and I looked away in embarrassment. Bri grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room and into hers. She lock the door and cross her arms over her chest and glared at me.
"Start talking" she demanded. I sigh and began.
"I was getting up to drink some water and after drinking I went to use the bathroom and when I was coming back I heard a noise coming from the...his room" I said and I wish I had my dove right now. It has been a while since I've used it.
"I went in and saw him climbing through the window. He forgot his keys. Then that happened" I told her but left out a little details that's my business not to seem bitchy.

She sigh and sat beside me.
"I have already told you he doesn't date and I don't want him to break you" she said and I bit my lip.
He did a few times already.
"I know" I breathe.
"Do you like him?" She ask and I was taken aback by her question.
I don't right.
Do I?
"No it was kind of an in the moment thing" I said. A pain hit me in the chest. By tomorrow he'll forget about it anyways.
"Ok. I'm gonna go and help him again" she said getting up from the bed.
"Wait this happened before?" I ask and she nodded.
"A lot that's the reason why him and dad-" she stopped talking immediately. What was she gonna say? I couldn't help but ask myself.
"Do you want my help?" I ask her and my cheek flushed.
"No just go and sleep I'll be there in a few" she said yawning. What is Brent's past?  I nodded and went back downstairs. I couldn't sleep but I had to force myself because I have a busy day tomorrow. My life is a mess. It can't get any worse can it? I ask myself then drifted off to sleep.
—————
I was greeted by fresh pancake scent coming from the kitchen. I got up and went to Bri's room to get my toiletry. I went into her bathroom and did my daily routine. It feels weird bathing in someone else's shower. I push that thought aside and finish showering. After that I put on my clothes for the day which consisted of a pink off the shoulder blouse and ripped light blue jeans and white wedges. This isn't my normal attire but I'm going to hang out with Mycheal today so there's no point in not trying. After I did my hair and put back my toiletry and was walking down the stairs when I heard noise coming from Brent's room.
"How many times have I told you no more drinking Brent." His mother said and I felt a little awful for eavesdropping.
"I can take care of myself mom I don't need you to keep reminding me what happened ok" he said. He sounded really angry. I took my leave immediately when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I made it downstairs safely... I guess and took up my sleeping bag. I haven't seen Bri and I hope she isn't angry at me for last night that I remembered clear as day.

"Hey you want some pancakes?" I heard a voice ask and I smile.
"Yeah sure" I replied. After she gave me the pancakes we ate in suffocating silence. I need her to talk to me so my anxiety will stop rising. After eating we went to her room and started talking. 
"So what time is your date?" I ask her looking at the time it's almost noon.
"Eight and I need your help" she said desperately. I have to be somewhere now but my best friend comes first.
"Ok but I'll be going out with Mycheal showing him around town but I'll cancel" I said and she shook her head.
"No go and tour with him" she said smirking. I looked away.
"No I'm gonna help you" I said.
"No go" she said and I knew there was no use arguing with her so I nodded.
"Ok but let me help you pick out a dress for an apology for yesterday and today" I said and she squealed. We spent a few minutes searching for a dress for her to wear and we settled for a black a line dress that was above her knee and hugged her curves. After that charade I told her mom goodbye and went to Bri's car. I haven't seen Brent at all this morning.
"You shouldn't blame yourself B he was drunk and you guys have a history of kissing 'accidentally'" she air coated and I blushed.

It's true we always end up kissing and it's not healthy for a growing friendship I have to stop doing it and so should he. Although I kind of...who am I kidding I love the kisses we had. The way his tongue moved in sync with mine copying my every move. The way he touch me and make my head go wild. I have never felt this way before and he stole my first kiss and I won't forget that. Bri pulled up at my gate and I gave her a hug.
"Enjoy your date" I said and she smile and nodded.
"Sure will and enjoy mr Greek god" she tease as I step out of the car.
"Don't you have a boyfriend?" I ask playfully.
"Yeah but complementing isn't cheating right?" She ask before driving off. I giggled. When I went inside with my stuff I went straight to my bedroom and I immediately got a text from dad and Mycheal.

Dad❤️❤️: I'm going to run late again tonight but there is food in-the fridge.

Me:ok I love you.
I replied and look at Mycheals text. I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't Brent.

Mycheal: I'm here.

He said and I looked out the window and a smile grew on my face. I made my way down the stairs and into his car then he drove off. I checked my purse to ensure I have everything. A girl can never walk empty handed. Since my therapist talked to my dad about giving me a little space because I'm a teenager and want to live my teenage life. He agreed after heavy persuasion. I need to start handling my problems by myself I know it a big step but I'm ready. This is now the topic that my therapist and I have been discussing and I'm not gonna lie I'm afraid but I want to get out of this darkness and through the door with hope that shines bright.

"You look... nice" he complemented and I flush.
"Thanks you don't look so bad yourself" I said and he smile. He is wearing blue jeans and a black t-shirt.
"So where do you want to tour first?" I ask him.
"I heard that they have a good diner downtown" he said and I immediately knew where he was talking about.
"I somehow know the person running that diner" I said smirking cockily.
"Is that so?" He ask.
"Yep. He's my dad" I said and I see his face drop. I giggled.
"He's not gonna bite you.....I guess" I said and the look on his face is priceless. A few minutes later we are now park in front of my fathers diner. We came out of his Prada and entered the diner.
"Hey Nikki" I said greeting her with a hug. Nikki is a nickname for Nicole.
"Hey Phoebe how are you?" She ask and I replied.
"I'm fine thank you. I'm here with a friend I'm showing him around town" I said and pointed towards Mycheal who stretched forth his hand and shook hers.
"Your dad's in the back." She said and I nodded and turn to Mycheal.
"I'll be back just sit and relax and order something" I said and he nodded.
"Hey dad" I greeted him with a hug.
"What a pleasant surprise" he said and I smile.
"What brings you here?"
"Well....I'm helping a friend tour the town" I said and he suddenly became alerted.
"Is it a boy or girl?" He ask and I sigh.
"A boy dad....remember what Mrs.Sanchez said. I need to live my life like a normal teenager and this is the beginning of it making new friends I have been under the shadows for too long" I said with tears in my eyes.
"I know honey...look at you you're growing so fast your gonna go to college then start a family and your old man is gonna be alone" he said and I rolled my eyes. Speaking about college I only have to send in the letters but I'll do so tomorrow.
"Stop overreacting I will never forget you plus I have to go back to Mycheal" I said and he nodded.
"I want to meet this Mycheal" he said sternly and I sigh.
"Ok" I replied.

We walk back to the table where Mycheal is sitting.
"So you're Mycheal huh?" My father ask and I nudge him in the side.
"Y-yes sir" he stammered.
"Hmmm wha-" before he could finish what he was about to say Nikki cut him off. I owe her one. I mouthed thanks to her and she nodded and smile. Dad left but not before glaring at Mycheal.
"Don't worry about him he's just doing his father role" I said and my mind flashed back to mom. I miss her. I took out my dove and started playing with it underneath the table.
"So what are you having?" I ask.
"I ordered two milkshakes and two CSC donuts" he said and I beam. My donut.
"Tell me a little about yourself. I know I ask you before" I told him and as soon as he was about to begin the food came.
"Thank you" we both said to Nikki.
"Well I move here with my mom and dad. Back at my old school I was on the swim team but I quit when my hand broke. I'm an open book Phoebe" he said I took a quick glimpse at him.
"Was it hard?" I ask.
Of course it was.
"Yeah it was but I overcame it anyways" he said and shrugged.
"That was a dark point in your life huh?" I ask and he nodded.
"Yeah I thought I lost everything but with a little counseling I over came and I'm thinking about joining the swim team here" he said and I nodded.
"So what about you?" He ask and my stomach turned.
"There isn't much about me I want to be a doctor and study somewhere near home" I said and he smiled. I took another sip out of my milkshake to drown my nervousness.
"This is really good" he said and I chuckled.
"Yeah I actually came up with the ingredients" I told him and he seemed surprised.
"Wow you can really bake" he said and I giggled. We finished the rest of our meal and I told my dad goodbye then finish the rest of the tour. We visited the:mall;square;the duck pond and other places. Now we're at the park. The fresh natural wind brushes against my skin softly and I shiver.
"Are you cold?"he ask.
"No the wind is just so peaceful" I said and he chuckled.
"I had fun today" he said and place his hand on the back of the bench and my breath began to quicken but not like when Brent does things like this to me.
I leaned back.
"Me too." I replied.
"Yeah we should do it again" he said and I nodded. We sat there for a few more minutes and then he carried me home.
"So...." he said nervously tucking one hand in his jeans pocket and the other scratched his neck.
"Yeah?" I ask cocking my eyebrow.
"I had a nice time" he said again.
"Me too"
"I-I was wondering if you want to go out on a date with me but it's ok if you don't want to. I-"
"Yes" I said cutting him off.
"Really?" He ask and I nodded.
"Yes" I said again. I know that it looks like we're moving too fast but I like him.
I gave him a hug and we parted our separate ways. I'm going on a freaking date. But I don't even know when. I went upstairs and changed my clothes and call Bri she didn't answer so I went to bed. I wonder if Brent's ok.

Please vote and comment thank you. Also tell me if there is something you don't like about the characters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...
3.2K 57 17
16-year-old Seraphina Vesper was completely content with her life. Being ahead in her grade she is perfectly college-bound and her unknown secret onl...
3.6M 117K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...
207K 1.5K 8
{Highest Rank - #15 Teen Fiction (8/7/2016)} {Completed - 12/9/2016} {Being Re-Published} {Currently under major editing and also a bit of re-writing...