Blind Love

بواسطة HarrESgirl

[Sequel to Blind Date] JJ and Harry have started their new life together as a married couple. Exciting things... المزيد

• Cast •
Chapter 1 • License To Kiss
Chapter 2 • Won't Let You Go
Chapter 3 • Sneak Peek
Chapter 4 • Complete Euphoria
Chapter 5 • Midnight Snack
Chapter 6 • A Little Messy
Chapter 7 • Magic Hands
Chapter 8 • A Side Of Chips
Chapter 9 • Third Time's A Charm
Chapter 10 • More Than You Know
Chapter 11 • Never Let That Happen
Chapter 12 • Save The Butter
Chapter 13 • Yes And No
Chapter 14 • Can't Believe It
Chapter 15 • More Than Okay
Chapter 16 • Swear Jar
Chapter 17 • Two Lines
Chapter 18 • Dress Rehearsal
Chapter 19 • The Name Game
Chapter 20 • Always Amazing
Chapter 21 • Hero
Chapter 22 • The Thought That Counts
Chapter 24 • Fortunate
Chapter 25 • Rocked My World
Chapter 26 • No Questions Asked
Chapter 27 • Routine
Chapter 28 • The Hot Seat
Chapter 29 • The Best News
Chapter 30 • My Whole Heart
Chapter 31 • Twice The Fun
Chapter 32 • Ulterior Motives
Chapter 33 • Doing My Job
Chapter 34 • Penalty Box
Chapter 35 • Wake Up Call
Chapter 36 • Hormones
Chapter 37 • The Whole Shebang
Chapter 38 • A Night In
Chapter 39 • Peek-A-Boo
Chapter 40 - Two Peas In A Pod
Chapter 41 • Four Hours
Chapter 42 • Above And Beyond
Chapter 43 • Beautiful Canvas
Chapter 44 • Best of Both Worlds
Chapter 45 • Heartbeats
Chapter 46 • Surprise
Chapter 47 • Icing On The Cake
Chapter 48 • Hold Onto Your Socks
Chapter 49 • No Matter What
Chapter 50 • Lucky Day
Chapter 51 • Like A Hawk
Chapter 52 • Rest
Chapter 53 • House Arrest
Chapter 54 • The Frisky Meter
Chapter 55 • For A Season
Chapter 56 • On Fire
Chapter 57 • Cross-eyed
Chapter 58 • Something Good
Chapter 59 • A Hard Bargain
Chapter 60 • Pinky Promise
Chapter 61 • So Much More
Chapter 62 • Lollipop
Chapter 63 • Chief
Chapter 64 • Home Away From Home
Chapter 65 • Mouse
Chapter 66 • Emergency Room
Chapter 67 • Precaution
Chapter 68 • Case Closed
Chapter 69 • In The Way
Chapter 70 • Whatever It Takes
Chapter 71 • Best Of Both Worlds
Chapter 72 • Two Plus Two
Chapter 73 • Little By Little
Chapter 74 • Fix Anything
Chapter 75 • Out Of Line
Chapter 76 • Birds And The Bees
Chapter 77 • Boy Oh Boy
Chapter 78 • Rock and Roll
Chapter 79 • Impeccable Timing
Chapter 80 • Family Names
Chapter 81 • Thump
Chapter 82 • Good Thoughts
Chapter 83 • In The Cards
Chapter 84 • One More
Chapter 85 • Skip It
Chapter 86 • Broadened Horizons
Chapter 87 • Across The Pond
Chapter 88 • Find A Way
Chapter 89 • Fake It
Chapter 90 • Guardian Angels
Chapter 91 • Couldn't Be Happier
Chapter 92 • Time Crunch
Chapter 93 • Happy Birthday, Babies
Chapter 94 • On Top Of The World
Chapter 95 • What A Life

Chapter 23 • Double Shocked

1.2K 118 89
بواسطة HarrESgirl

A/N: 🚨Trigger Warning🚨
The sensitive topics of weight and high risk pregnancy are talked about in this chapter. Just know that I love you all.
Oh and there's a bit of a surprise in this chappie. Enjoy!

"I'm impressed with this clinic so far," I say, turning my head on the examination chair towards Harry. "It's very nice and so are the staff."

"Yeah? That's good, considering we'll be coming here for the next several months," Harry grins. "One thing I like is that they had Classical music playing in the waiting room instead of the news. It made it more calming."

"Oh, actually that was a music channel playing on the tellie, but I guess that really doesn't matter."

"Neither here nor there," he chuckles, wheeling closer to me in the chair.

With his hand holding mine, I turn my head to stare at the ceiling since I'm in a reclined position and I blow out a breath, trying to keep my nerves and excitement under control. This appointment is the one where I'll find out how far along I am and what all I need to start doing to prepare for a healthy baby. Even though I know Harry, and our family, will be with me every step of the way, I'm still a bit nervy.

A knock at the door startles me and I call out, fitting my eyes to the door, "I'm ready."

"Wonderful. Let's get started, shall we?" Dr. Tate says, closing the door and he walks over to me. "So, the reason for today's visit is to find out how far along you are by measuring the fetus."

"Yes, we are," I agree as if he's asking me and I exhale a breath out of frustrated embarrassment.

Even though I've had roughly ten minutes to get used to the fact that I have a male OBGYN, it's still a little nerve wracking. Here I am, practically spread eagle in stirrups and wearing a gown that doesn't even go to the middle of my thighs. The one thing that's keeping me from bursting into tears is that Harry is here with me.

"I'll just turn this machine on and are we ready to meet baby Styles?" Dr. Tate asks and I look over at Harry.

"Ready?"

He grins in my direction, "More than ready."

"Okay, now this might be a little unpleasant at first," Dr. Tate warns and I nod in acknowledgement. "As the nurse explained to you before during prep, I've put a condom on the instrument, what we call a wand, and I've spread water based lubricant on it. I'm going to insert it into your vagina, like so." I suck in a gasp of air at the pressure inside of me. "Just relax. Remember to breathe normally."

I blow out a slow breath and for some reason the rapid sonic sound waves calm me down, even though I know it's not a heartbeat.

"You can view this monitor and . . . oh."

His expression of surprise makes me tilt my chin to my chest to look at him, "Oh? What's oh? Is that a good oh or a bad oh?"

"One moment."

He's staring at the monitor and maneuvering the instrument inside of me as if he's on a mission and I swallow harshly. My heart begins to beat pound in my chest at all the scenarios going on in my mind right now and I start to tear up.

"Is the baby okay?"

That's all I can think of to ask at the moment. This isn't the reaction I was wanting from my doctor and I need to know if my baby's okay.

"There we go," he says, earning my attention. "JJ, Harry, I'd like to introduce you to Baby A and Baby B."

"Wait, what? What do you mean A and B?"

"Congratulations. You're having twins."

"Twins?" Harry's loud reaction makes me look over at him. His jaw is dropped in shock and I squeeze his hand.

"Harry, we're having twins!"

"Uh, this is . . . are you happy?"

"I'm more than happy. We're having twins, Harry. Kiss me." I cup his cheek to guide him closer and he pecks my lips.

"I can't believe this," he breathes out a nervous laugh. "I'm in utter shock, but I couldn't be happier."

His honesty makes me laugh and the sudden movement of the instrument inside me brings me back to reality. He pecks my lips one more time and I wipe my tears, turning my attention to the monitor.

"Are we okay to move on?"

"Oh, yes, Dr. Tate," I giggle nervously. "Can you tell how far along I am?"

"Yes, judging by the quarter inch size of the embryos, you're roughly six weeks along. Both embryos have their own sacs, so they are fraternal, not identical."

"Oh my God, my dad is a twin. I'm not, though. But I swear that it never crossed my mind that twins run in my family. It never occurred to me that I could have twins."

"Twins generally skip a generation, so it makes sense if your dad is a twin, that you would have twins. Alright, from the looks of things, both embryos and their separate sacs are healthy and there's nothing to be worried about."

"Oh thank God," I breathe out in relief.

"I'm going to freeze frame this picture and print it out so you can have your first ultrasound."

"Aw, thank you so much, doctor," I turn my attention to Harry and squeeze his hand. "I love you."

A smile tugs at his lips, "I love you."

"Not to interrupt your moment, but I'm going to remove the wand now," Dr. Tate says and I brace myself as he slides it out of me. "You can relax now. I'll step out so you can change back into your clothes and I'll come back in in a few minutes to go over what's next."

"Okay, thank you."

He turns on the overhead light and I squint my eyes as I sit up in the chair. I notice a tissue box on the counter and I walk over to grab a few. After I clean myself, I throw the wadded tissues away and proceed to get dressed.

It's when I pull up my knickers and jeans that I realize Harry and I haven't spoken yet and I try to come up with something to say as I slip on my shoes.

"Everyone is going to be shocked."

Harry breathes out a laugh, "Yeah. Double shocked."

His humor makes me smile as I walk over to the exam chair to sit down on the edge. I exhale a breath, placing my hand on my lower belly in a protective manner.

"Has it sunk in for you yet?" I ask.

"Ha! No," he chuckles. "What about you?"

"I know this might sound crazy, but it's like I knew I was meant to have twins, even though it didn't occur to me. Does that make any sense?"

"Sure, if it makes sense to you," he replies with a smile. "Can I feel your belly? Now that I know there's two in there? Please?"

"Yeah, of course. Scoot closer and give me your hand. I'll guide it it."

He scoots closer, holding out his hand and I bring it to my lower belly. With how I'm sitting in the chair, his head is level with my stomach. He splays both of his hands over my belly and he leans in close, puckering his lips to kiss my belly.

This beautiful moment brings tears to my eyes and I decide to let the tears flow as I card my hands through his hair. He tilts his head up to face me and I look into his milky wandering eyes. For some reason, I feel the need to let him know something right now.

"Our twins are lucky to have you as their father."

He nods as if he understands the meaning behind my words, "Thank you, JJ."

I lean down to kiss him and a knock at the door interrupts our moment.

"Uhm, come in," I call out and Harry scoots back in the chair.

"I have a nice print out of the sonogram," Dr. Tate says and I hesitantly take the small glossy paper from him. "Now, let's go over a few things."

"Sure, of course," I reply, setting the sonogram on the seat next to me.

"There's no easy way to say this, so I'm just going to be candid. Your weight puts you in the high risk pregnancy category for several conditions such as gestational diabetes and hypertension, among others, so we need to keep a close eye on both you and the development of the embryos."

"Okay, I know I can't lose weight right now, so what do I need to do to make sure the babies are healthy and safe?"

"Eat healthy foods, but don't restrict the amount of food since the embryos need those extra nutrients. Light exercise such as taking a leisurely walk is encouraged, but no strenuous activity such as weightlifting. And lastly, come in for a checkup once a month for the first four months."

"We can definitely do all that," Harry says and I smile at his eagerness.

"Wonderful. Here's a packet of important information you'll want to get started on reading tonight," he says and I take the blue folder with the clinic's name and logo in the center. "Now, you said you've already started on prenatal vitamins, so that's good. Keep on with that and work on mindful eating and I'd like to see you in July. Would you like for me to write the date down for you?"

"Oh uhm, you can write it on the front of this folder to save paper," I offer and he takes it from me. He scribbles the date on there and hands it back to me. "July first. Ten o'clock. What day is that?"

"That is a Wednesday," he says.

"I'll have to ask for that day off then. There's no sense in going in for an hour just to leave and come right back," I muse out loud to myself.

"And I'd like to come with you, JJ."

I exhale a breath, rubbing my forehead, "Okay, we can talk about that later. I don't want to keep Dr. Tate. Are we done for today? Can I go pay for the appointment now?"

"Yes, you're free to go," he replies and I slide off the chair.

I grab my purse and the folder and place my hand on Harry's shoulder. He stands up and feels around for my elbow and I start leading us out of the room. I'm on the brink of tears right now, but I force myself to stay strong until we're in the car.

After I check out with the registrar, Harry and I make our way out of the building and I inhale the fresh, warm Summer air. I reach into my purse for my keys and I click the button to unlock my car.

"Here's the handle," I say while guiding his hand to it.

"Thank you, love," he sweetly says and I walk around to the driver's side door. Once I'm in, I put the keys in the ignition and buckle my seatbelt. "Before we go, I need to know something."

"Okay. What?"

"Are you okay after what Dr. Tate said about your weight? We don't have to stick with him. We can research other baby doctors around if you'd like."

"While I appreciate your concern, it's not like he lied. I know I'm overweight and I know that brings risk to the pregnancy. I just got overwhelmed with thinking about all that I need to do, and I hate taking time off work, but I don't have a choice. I have to do what's best for the babies."

"That's right. JJ, our life together will never be the same, but it's going to change for the better. We're having twins, so let's just focus on that and celebrate that good news tonight. How does that sound?"

"Mm, that sounds perfect. Thank you."

"No need to thank me, but you're welcome."***

A/N: Aaaaahhhhh!!!!
Can I get a DJ Casket Twiiiiiins?!?!

Raise your hand and press the star if you're excited 👶🏼👶🏼

I had this planned ever since I created JJ's dad and uncle's characters being twins muahahaha.

Also I don't have kids so I'm researching what all goes on with pregnancy (and lemme tell y'all it's making me wanna duct tape my legs shut!) Botton line, if I get a fact wrong, please (kindly) let me know and I'll correct it.

Much Love.
❤️❤️❤️❤️

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

20.1K 879 39
What if seeing each other again changed everything? -Sequel to Broken-
8.5K 619 39
For Louis, will losing his sight give him the clarity to see what is right in front of him? For Harry, will losing the love of his life give him the...
437K 6.9K 67
*THE STORY IS NOT LIKE DARK* Harry Styles. What do you think of when you hear that name? Sweet? Generous? Hot? Cheeky? Yes, Harry is all of those thi...
449K 4.2K 119
A collection of my short stories/oneshots/blurbs originally published on my tumblr. The fics are being reuploaded after a user unrightfully reported...