Heart Versus Heart

Par jilverine

Free spirited and fiesty Ivanka Lockhart has nothing to lose when she has the perfect boyfriend who is determ... Plus

Author's note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4

Chapter 3

16 6 13
Par jilverine

Unedited

After my dinner with Ivan, I got home to a series of missed face time calls from Jordan. Usually, I'd return the call and we'd catch up but for some reason, I just wasn't motivated to do so. Instead, I took a nice long bath and then settled into my bed and grabbed my laptop to start up on Euphoria.

Ivan and I got back pretty late last night but I still managed to wake up early. I was still eating my bowl of fruity loops when I heard a car honk at the door. For several reasons, I hadn't managed to get my own car yet so I always carpooled with someone. Today, I'd called Bella to pick me up. Well actually, she was my Wednesday driver.

When I got to school, Ivan was waiting for me at my locker. He looked too good to be stuck in school. His dark brown hair was slightly tousled and was falling in his face a little. It made me want to reach out and push his hair back so I could get a good look at the mighty fine specimen that was on display by MY locker. Today, he had a silver stud in his ear and was wearing a navy blue long sleeved cardigan that he'd rolled up to his forearms. The bottom of a tribal tattoo was sticking out under even though the top had unfortunately been covered. If there was any human being that looked like an Adonis, it was definitely Ivan. One look around and I could tell that I wasn't the only one who thought so as several girls were drooling slyly or openly. The sight of him made me miss Jordan even more.

"Good morning Beautiful" Ivan greeted with a cherry smile as once he spotted me.

He threw open his arms and I immediately went into them feeling like the stuffing in a burito when he wrapped his arms around me. His scent immediately invaded my senses and made me sigh in pleasure. I felt him looking down at me as he chuckled so I pulled back.

"Strange to see you here so early. Before me at that. What? You slept with blue balls and got desperate for Tiffany?"

"Blue balls last night, yes. Thanks to you witch. Desperate for Tiffany? Fuck no. It's the other way around actually."

"So what gives? Why are you early?"

"Well, it's what smart people like me do. But then, you wouldn't know about that with you being team stupid and all?"

"It's too early Ivan!" I yelled as he ran off probably thinking that I'd chase after him as I always did.

I shook my head and grabbed my books just as the first bell rang. I was heading to my class when I was suddenly picked off the ground with no warning at all.

"What the fuck!?" I yelled as I struggled to break free. One look down made me realize that of course, it was Ivan carrying me. And he was going in the opposite direction of the Chemistry class which we both had.

"Ivan, I have legs I can walk by myself"

"Vee, I've got eyes. I know you've got legs. A damn awesome pair. Heck, the whole school knows you do"

"OK, so why aren't I using my legs?"

"Cause I'm carrying you" he replied stupidly and I face palmed while he laughed.

At this point, we were already out of the school building and he dumped me in the passenger seat of his Porsche.

"OK, you could've just told me that you wanted us to skip first period and I would've walked here myself"

"And where's the fun in that?" He asked smiling again.

I was so thankful that I'd resisted the urge to wear a skirt this morning otherwise I'd have ended up flashing the entire school.

"Besides, we're not skipping first period. We're skipping school today" he told me as he strapped my seat belt on and revved the engine like he was in some sort of car race.

I could've run out before he got in the car but I was actually happy to be skipping school for a day of fun so I stayed put.

"The guys went ahead so I might have to step on the gas a little bit" he told me as he strapped on his seatbelt.

"And where exactly is 'there' ?" I asked as he pulled out of the school premises.

"Love, I think you know me long enough to know that I'm not gonna answer that"
Turns out that Ivan's idea of "step on the gas a little" is doing nearly three times the speed limit. My eyes were legit spinning when I got out of the car and the idiot looked unfazed.

"Ass wipe" I muttered while he laughed his head up and led me in.

Turns out, we were at Wilde's Water Works. Which was the only waterpark across six states West.

"Nope" he replied popping the p. "This is just our new school venue. I heard that the jacuzzi is the new math class" he added sarcastically and I slapped the upside of his head.

"Ok fine, we're skipping to go to all of our favourite childhood places and today's water park Wednesday"

"Ohhhhhhhh"

"Yeahhhhhhhhh"

"Hi guys" I greeted when we finally caught up with Curt, Ryder and Jason.

I greeted both Ryder and Jason with one of those bro shakes that I'd forced them to teach me.

"Well done Vanka. I didn't think your tiny brain could handle it" Ryder mocked when I'd given them the weird handshake flawlessly.

"Well Ryder, it's a good thing that my tiny brain is a lot larger than your tiny dick isn't it?" I asked sweetly and they all burst out laughing except Curt.

Curt Parker is the big scary one with scary muscles, an ever frowning face and scarier tattoos. But he also gives the best hugs. And, he was always high. Ivan swears that Curt laughs but I've only ever seen him crack a half smile like he had on now and he somehow managed to make even that look scary.

"Curt baby, I've missed you" I purred and jumped on him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed a kiss on his cheek but he just stood there standing awkwardly.
"You know Vee, I'd be more receptive if you'd kissed me" Ivan told me but I just ignored him.

"OK" Curt answered dryly as he took my arms off his neck and dropped me on the ground.

As soon as I regained my footing, I smacked his arm as hard as I could.

"Really Curt?! You're supposed to say you missed me too" I told him.

"I'm supposed to lie?" He asked without a single emotion and the guys all burst out laughing or yelling "burn".

Yes, Curt is quite mean
"Ivan's been rubbing off on  you" I told him and he just shrugged indifferently.

Curt is like a robot. I've never seen him smile or laugh. He never even looks mad. He has only one look and it says "I'm bored but fuck off or I'll beat you to pulp". He barely talks too. And it makes me wonder how he's always around a clown like Ivan. It's actually on my bucket list to get him to laugh. Or get really mad. Whichever makes him lose his stoic expression.

"Guys, we'd better get going if we want to get on all of the rides" Jason called out. Jason is, the slacker. He's just too lazy to care about anything at all. Especially not school.

"Well,since I wasn't informed prior to this outing" I started to say and paused to give Ivan a pointed look which he just replied with a charming smile. Such a show off. "I'll have to go get a swimsuit"

"I'll go with you" Ryder practically yelled as he barrelled to my side and grabbed my arm.

"I'll go with you guys too" Ivan said as he came up to my left and took my arm.

"No can do Ivan" Ryder told him as he physically tried to turn Ivan away but Ivan just stood still and threw him a dirty look.

"Really guys? Just cause we don't have a pussy?" Jason snapped.

He was a bit hostile a lot of times. He's got a lot of issues he's dealing with. Or maybe he's permanently on his man period.

"Precisely" Ivan and Ryder chorused and I rolled my eyes.

"Ivan, stick with the guys. Ryder and I will dash over to the store quickly" I suggested and the guys simply nodded.

"Thanks Vanka..."

"Are you gay?" I asked Ryder while studying his face as he headed over to one of the park shacks.

"Fuck no" he yelled as he recoiled a bit "Why would you even think that?"

"You asked to help me go shopping what else am I supposed to think?" I asked back.

"That I'm a pervert who wants to see half naked" he suggested.

"Is that why you followed me?" I squealed in horror as I hugged myself protectively.

"No" he yelled again "of course not. I just needed some help"

"Okaaayyy??" I drawled questioningly.

He exhaled deeply then pinched the bridge of his nose before speaking "I've been secretly seeing a girl for a month now and I have no idea what to give her for our one month anniversary"

"Awwww that's so cute!" I squealed just cause I knew it'd annoy him.

"Don't awww me" he replied rolling his eyes but I could see a faint tint of pink crawl up his cheeks.

I whipped out my phone and took a picture but he noticed tackled me to the floor. I tried my best to hold onto my phone, but when he started to tickle me, I dropped it and he managed to delete the picture.

"You're such a party pooper"  I told him as I snatched my phone back from him and got off the floor.

"And yet you love me" he mocked as he hugged me from behind.

After explaining that he was totally in love with the girl but the guys wouldn't approve for 'reasons', I helped him get some ideas for their monthsary based on the things he said he she likes.

Still, he refused to let me know who it was so I chose to refer to her as Mia. And let's just say that this Mia girl is one damn lucky bitch.

After yapping away at the store, I picked out a navy blue sparkly one piece suit with criss crossed back. I also got a pair of flip flops and scrunchies. After changing into the swimsuit, I threw my clothes and vanns in a plastic bag as we went in search of the guys. We'd spent at least thirty minutes away from the guys and by the time we got back, they were all playing arcade games in their swimsuits.

"Well it's about time!" Jason yelled when he saw us "I was beginning to think you snuck away"

"They probably did. They were away long enough for a quickie"

"Oh please. With the tiny dick guy? As if" I replied with an eye roll as I planted myself in front of Ivan and took over his shooting game.

"C'mon baby, you don't have to be shy" Ryder cooed "you can tell them how much fun you had and how you couldn't stop screaming 'Ryder! Ryder!"

At the last part, he imitated some high pitched girl who was definitely not me and I threw one leg of vanns which I was holding in a bag at him.

"Good luck getting these back" Ryder told me laughing after catching the shoe.

I flip him the bird and turn back to Ivan's game which I'd been woefully failing.

"This swimsuit looks amazing on you" Ivan whispered in my ear.

"Why thank you Ivan" I replied with a bright smile as I began dominating the game.

"How about you Curt? Do you like my swimsuit?" I asked.

"Hate it" he grunted.

"I'm glad you like it. I got it just for you" I told him with a wink. I know that navy is his favourite colour.

"Alright, I came here to get on water slides and shit so can please get a move on?"
Of course, that was Jason.

We each grabbed our all inclusive wristbands (courtesy of Ivan) and headed down the park to the ride at the extreme. It was some sort of boat cruise that ended at a large waterfall. And the drop was pretty high.

The park had only one roller coaster and of course, we went on it and by the time we got down, I was seeing stars. Jason started to scream like a teenage girl cause apparently he's scared of heights. I made sure to get in the cart with Curt when the ride was about to start because he's big and comforting like my old teddy bear Mr Cuddles. When the rollercoaster reached its highest drop, I screamed and held on to him as tightly as I could. For such a stoic guy, Curt surprisingly gives the absolute best hugs. Exactly like Mr Cuddles. Just, a way more muscular version.

I was still drowning in the euphoria of the ride and screaming when I heard Curt whisper in my ear

"I didn't know you were scared of roller coasters"

This was the first time ever that he'd initiated a conversation with me. To say I was thrilled would be a gross understatement.

"I'm not" I argued "screaming just adds to the fun of it."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Vanka" he replied and I couldn't hold back my laughter.

"I can't believe that THE Curtis Harris used such a corny ass line"

Rolling his eyes at me, Curt shifted back into his stoic face.

"You should smile. It suits you and it makes me happy" I told him but he just grunted in reply. He probably didn't know it was there, I could see a glimpse of sadness in his eyes. I was about to kiss his cheek when the coaster jerked back to life and slammed me forward.

Curt looked like he was going to laugh but wound up shaking his head and ignoring my screaming.

I turned back to see Ivan staring at Curt probably surprised that he'd been talking to me and even laughing but he turned away immediately I caught his eye.

After we'd all been on majority of the rides, we were famished and decided to get some grub. By the time we were ordering, Ivan was nowhere to be found.

"He's probably off somewhere with the girl from the coaster" Jason replied dismissively.

The rest of us ordered pizza and some other snacks and sat to eat. We were more than halfway through the meal when Ivan and returned with a cute purple haired girl. When they got to us, the girl gave Ivan a lingering kiss and told him not so subtly to call her before sashaying away.

"Stallion!" Jason yelled in cheer and Ivan laughed.

Curt ignored them and continued stuffing his face with his burger while Ryder was waiting for Ivan's review on the girl.

"Meh. Nothing special" Ivan replied as he reached out to grab the lone pizza slice in the box but I smacked his hand and grabbed it from the box. I'd only taken a bite when Ivan pulled the remaining from me and stuffed it in his mouth.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled as soon as I'd swallowed my food because I'm not an animal who talks with food in their mouth like these guys.

I was getting up to go fight him but then he started to laugh at me and wound up choking on the pizza.

"Shit" Ryder yelled as he ran to get a bottle of water while Jason was pounding on Ivan's back. From the grimaces on Ivan's face, that wasn't helping.

Curt on the other hand, sat watching them like you would at the movies while he finished off his burger.

When he was done, he grabbed some of my fries and chewed on them as slowly as he possibly could despite the pandemonium going on around him. I really don't get how he was so unbothered.

Jason had already gone to fetch some help when Curt rounded the table and yanked Ivan up. He squeezed him a couple of times and next thing we knew, icky pizza came out of Ivan's mouth and he was panting in relief.

Ryder and I as well as Jason who'd just got back with some red cross guy just stared at Curt in shock.

"I went to red cross camp two years ago" he told us as he went back to his seat and settled to eat my fries. I couldn't even react.

"And you let him choke for that long?"

"How did we not know about that?"

"Did you plan to let the guy die before you helped?"

We all started to ask but Curt being Curt stared at us blankly as he continued on MY fries.

After our meal and all the drama, we all decided to call it a day.

"Alright Vee, let's get you home" Ivan called out as he opened his car door for me but I refused to get in.

"Do we still have to go for dinner tonight or does this replace it?"

"I know you love me but babygirl, you've had me all day. Don't you think you should let someone else..."

"Shut up Knight! I'm also pretty drained and I was gonna negotiate for lunch tomorrow instead. And hopefully, you won't steal my bank card again"

"We'll see" he told me as he sipped on his milkshake which he'd gotten at the park entrance while we were heading out.

"BTW, I'm driving us back since you almost killed us on the way here" I told him as I attempted to slyly grab his key from him but he held it over my head.

"Nice try, but no. I'm not letting you drive my baby"

I tried to run around to the car and hop in the driver's seat but he locked the car as soon as I got there.

"Oh come on" I pleaded as I walked back to him " I promise I won't scratch it"

"Nope"

"But I'm a much better driver than you are. Right guys?" I asked turning for confirmation but they were gone and so was Curt's pick up which they'd arrived in.

They'd pulled the disappearing act on us again. No surprise there.

"Fine then. I'll just call an uber. I'd rather not risk my life for the second time today"

"You're just being dramatic" Ivan told me.

"Thanks for today" I told him as I reached up on my toes to plant a kiss to his cheek.

"I was pulling back when he grabbed my waist and held me closer.

" Just the car? Nothing else? I think I've got two hundred dollars in my wallet" he asked jokingly but also sincerely as he looked into my eyes.

His hazel eyes were one of the most attractive pairs I'd ever seen

"Just the car for now" I told him while laughing as he finally let go of me and didn't protest when I took the keys.

"Never thought I'd see the day when I'd ride shotgun in my baby" he sniffed dramatically as I reversed the car.

I stepped on the brake so suddenly that it made us both jerk forward and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"And you're the safer driver?! Jesus Christ!"

"Oh shut it" I said dismissively as I pulled out my phone "we need a selfie to commemorate these moment"

He rolled his eyes and pouted like a child while I clicked away at my phone before finally driving us over to mine.

A/N
Sorry for the late update but I promise to try and be more regular. Also, I'd love some song recommendations for this chapter.

Please Vote, comment and share. It means a lot to me.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

5.2M 149K 73
#1 in Romance, 23rd May 2020 "Precious, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but you're never going on that date." And before I could pro...
3.9M 127K 51
"Hey, actually I wanna say something to you" a girl with hazel eyes said nervously. "Yeah" the guy with dark chocolate brown eyes replied. "Actuall...
2.5M 143K 91
After a hot-headed playboy billionaire stands her up for a career-making interview, blogger Sweet vows to ruin his reputation. The only catch? It req...
7K 497 15
Cade Stillwater has a lot to learn about the real world. The privileged rich boy gets caught up in the wrong mess, landing him in jail. His parents b...