The Journey of a Broken Heart

By FatimaBintaySalman

Laura's sister Lynn is battling Osteosarcoma (a type of cancer) and she is trying to protect her but she hers... More

Chapter 1: LAURA
Chapter 2: LYNN
Chapter 3: LAURA
Chapter 4: LYNN
Chapter 5: LAURA
Chapter 6: LYNN
Chapter 7: LAURA
Chapter 8: LAURA
Chapter 9: LYNN
Chapter 10: LAURA
Chapter 11: LAURA
Chapter 12: LAURA
Chapter 13: LAURA
Chapter 14: LYNN
Chapter 15: LYNN
Chapter 16: LYNN
Chapter 17: LAURA
Chapter 18: LYNN
Chapter 19: LAURA
Chapter 20: LYNN
Chapter 21: LAURA
Chapter 22: LYNN
Chapter 23: LAURA
Chapter 24: LAURA
Chapter 25: LAURA
Chapter 26: LYNN
Chapter 27: LAURA
Chapter 28: LAURA
Chapter 29: LAURA
Chapter 30: LYNN
Chapter 31: LAURA
Chapter 32: LAURA
Chapter 33: LYNN
Chapter 34: LAURA
Chapter 35: LYNN
Chapter 36: LAURA
Chapter 37: LYNN
Chapter 38: LAURA
Chapter 39: LYNN
Chapter 40: LAURA
Chapter 41: LAURA
Chapter 42: LAURA
Chapter 43: LYNN
Chapter 44: LAURA
Chapter 45: LAURA
Chapter 46: LAURA
Chapter 47: LAURA
Chapter 48: LAURA
Chapter 49: LAURA
Chapter 50: LAURA
Chapter 51: LAURA
Chapter 52: LYNN
Chapter 53: LAURA
Chapter 54: LYNN
Chapter 55: LAURA
Chapter 57: LYNN
Chapter 58: GEORGE
Chapter 59: LYNN
Chapter 60: LAURA
Chapter 61: LYNN
Chapter 62: LYNN
Chapter 63: LAURA
Chapter 64: LAURA
Chapter 65: LAURA
EPILOUGUE
Author's Note

Chapter 56: LAURA

163 20 119
By FatimaBintaySalman

 I woke up at around ten thirty. My head felt a little heavy but the head ache wasn't there so I climbed out of my bed to go to Lynn's room.

George went home at around mid-night. I poured out my heart to him. He is such a good listener. I always wanted an older brother who could take care of me. Now I got George. (sorry 😂 )

I still love Lynn as I have always loved her. She grew up way too fast. She matured a little too early because life showed her the worst side of the world at a very young age. But that is okay because at least I have Lynn here with me. There are people who cry and wipe their own tears and pick themselves up and move on because no one is there to rub their back and say that it is okay.

I knocked on Lynn's door waiting for her response when I didn't get one I went in. She was sitting on her bed scrolling through her tab.

"Hey! Laura, thank goodness you came I was so bored," she said putting her tab away.

"Hi," I said as I sat on her bed.

"So... how have you been?" she asked awkwardly.

"Better,"

"Good!" she said smiling.

"So have you thought about what I suggested?" she asked me when I didn't say anything.

"Not really... I don't know I am just regretting keeping this from mom and dad and everyone else. I wish I told everyone. Maybe things would have gone a different way." I confessed.

"Laura, no amount of guilt can change t he past and no amount of anxiety can change the future," Lynn said. There we go. She is just twelve but still she says these deep things that leave me either wondering or amazed.

"I know you are right.. but I am scared on what might happen when all of this is over,"

"Laura, we hurt ourselves because we obsess on the end of our journey. Focus on staying in the moment and on being grateful on where you are today. Be thankful that you are here right now. That we are having a normal conversation, confessing to one another and seeing each other," she said bringing tears to my eyes.

I can't believe that this is my twelve year old, younger sister. The one who has more experience of this pain than me and this fact is clearly showing.

"I would miss you Lynn," I said as I hugged her tears falling form both of our eyes.

I have no idea what would happen with either of us. I am not scared for me or her I am scared of the aftermath of this all. If any of us would ever recover from it or not.

Sometimes the people you want to be the part of your whole story are only meant to be one chapter.

(I have literally zero idea why I wrote an EXTRA deep chapter... I'm okay I promise 😂)

Vote, Comment, Follow and Add!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5 0 5
Hot shot is five years old. He lives with his parents Heatwave and Quickshadow. Hot shot loves to run, jump, climb and play. He loves to be active. T...
1.4K 36 16
"She was his other half. He was her other half. They felt complete, they felt whole, they felt better, around each other. But there were so many obst...
325K 7.5K 45
She's lost her while family but her baby sister and a uncle. Her life has become keeping her little sister safe from the man who killed her family. ...
30.8K 892 40
|~COMPLETED~| {Highest ranking: #6 under #brannie, #7 under #annie, #10 under #bratayley !} Annie LeBlanc's whole life has been upside down this past...