The Tenth Pillar. (Kimetsu No...

By Jagodbaird

The Demon Corps always fight the demons. The Pillars are the most powerful swordsmen, nine in total, but by o... More

Meeting your new Pillar
Prologue
A Distant Familiarity
The Love Pillar
A Sweet Lullaby
The Kamado Siblings
Unknown Reasons
Soft and Sweet
A bad feeling.
Melancholy
Shinobu's Feelings
Unexpected Development
A new mission
Vs Upper Moon one
The Winner
Five years ago
Rescuers
What can I do?
Determination
Training
Dimensional Fortress.
Shinobu vs Douma
Heroes always arrive late.
Hiiro vs Douma
Rivals
Hope
The outcome of the battle.
Of monsters and humans.
Final Moon
Goodbye
Epilogue: Wedding day

Whatever it takes

4.9K 126 29
By Jagodbaird

The battle became more violent than ever, some low ranking demon slayers made their ways to the raging battlefield where Muzan and the Hashiras clashed and trashed.

With demonic shaped tentacles and multiple evil mouths all around his body, the father of all demons devours, whipped and pierced throughout the futile resistance of his enemies.

Even with the sacrifice of the brave demon slayers, the elite group of swordsmen couldn't find an opening.

His defense was flawless, his limbs were hard and sharp, it was impossible to even get near him.

Sanemi and Gyomei launched another breathing attack, finding nothing but the tentacles of the demon lord. Even when Kanroji and Obanai were trying to sneak past him, the demon reacted and deflected the strikes.

The night pillar, the water pillar and Tanjiro launched multiple attacks, trying to break down the demon's stronghold. But even with his Bankai, the attacks were not effective at all.

"We can't do shit against him!" Sanemi growled as he retreated again, breathing with such effort that his companions took a second to concern about him.

"That monster is just too strong." Zenitsu cried.

Hiiro parried the incoming barrage of attacks with his gigantic black blade. Protecting his fellow Hashira.

"We need to find an opening, it doesn't matter how." The dual blades trembled as he gripped them tighter. "He's coming down, even if we die!"

Shinobu Kocho stood silent, stalking around the strongest demon.

She just needs to find the perfect timing, if the opportunity came, she will not fail.

Her amethyst eyes were drawn to the golden eyed boy, he was already hit a couple of times while trying to break that monstrous defense.

Even if she wanted to run and help him, Hiiro trusted her with the most important part of his plan.

'Even if I die, you have to do it.' Those were his words before they made their way to the battle.

Shinobu's heart shrunk from fear, she will definitely not fail, she will not tolerate more pain in her life. She will not let her beloved Hiiro die.

They have to travel to the north, they promised that day under the tree.

Shinobu didn't knew why did she remembered the promise, but she felt her energies renew after that.

Muzan, looked around. All the pillars were around him.

He had no chance to escape, they were just trying to stall him until the sun raises. They were such an eyesore, all of them, they must die, especially the sun breathing user and the one they call Hiiro.

Those two were the most troublesome, the attacks coming from them were effective, as a ruler, Muzan won't let that happen.

He must trample over his hopes, it doesn't matter how little they are.

The tenth pillar analysed the situation. He found that soon, all the other pillars are going to run out of energy. They only have two chances left to get Muzan.

If they don't he will surely kill them and escape.

"Listen up. This is what we'll do." Hiiro called out to his companions.

It was all or nothing.

Nezuko Kamado found herself running through forests and fields, she suddenly felt the urge to go and meet her friends and her brother.

They were fighting against that monster, risking their lives.

Even though Urokodaki and Uzui tried to stop her, she broke free and made her way to the battlefield. She had to help, they were all there, fighting for her sake.

Soon, her legs felt the strength left them. The cold wind stroke her beautiful face.

Her lungs screamed for air and fatigue fell upon her shoulders.

"What is happening..." her pink eyes were wide open when she realized the metamorphosis she's experiencing.

The moon shone bright and the sky was clear when she collapsed, turning back to a human by unknown reasons.

'Tanjiro...'

All the Hashiras nodded as they all split up, taking their positions. The plan was perfect, but it depends entirely on the tenth pillar.

The raven haired boy sighed. His eyes searched for his pupils, when the golden orbs were over them, he faintly smiled, for once the three idiots were vivid images of Kyojuro, Sanemi and himself. Soon his eyes traced their way to the pinknette, who tried her best to maintain a wide and positive smile on her face.

He knew that she was losing the fight against despair and fear. He could not blame her. Even he was scared.

At last, he looked over Shinobu.

She was still following his first plan, she studied the situation slowly and calmly. If he can made an opening then...

Hiiro took a deep breath. Bracing himself for what's next. He just have strength to do it once again.

"Tensa Zangetsu. First night: Hollow Moon."

Muzan's eye fell upon the small black blade on Hiiro's hand. He couldn't find a reason for the kid to just let it fall to the ground.

As soon as he realized that the blade never made contact with the floor, his eyes shoot up at the pillar.

The demon felt a chill run down his spine when a bone-like mask appeared on Hiiro's face. Like a hollow monster smiling at him, like a grim reaper coming for his cursed soul.

The tenth pillar launched himself into a violent rampage against the father of all demons.

His strength and speed were multiplied, he didn't need a single breathing technique to push back Muzan.

With a flurry of slashes, the demon's tentacles turned to mincemeat. His demonic eyes couldn't keep with the shinigami speed as he continued his assault.

Zangetsu sliced, pierced and slashed all throughout Muzan's body. Not giving him a chance to regenerate.

With a mighty swing, his left arm was no more.

'What?' The night pillar disappeared at the speed of thoughts.

A swift and precise motion cut off the demon's right arm.

He was now bleeding and sweating, head mother way to protect himself except for... his poisonous blood.

When he pillar reappeared, in a desperate attempt to stop him, with fear of death, Muzan shoot out his blood, trying to stop the pillar.

"Getsuga Tenshou!" The moon fang cut through the black liquid like it will cut through the skies.

Hiiro Kojima smirked behind the mask, now there was nothing between the demons neck and his Zanpakuto.

"GRAAAAAAAAH" his hollowed voice came out as his sword made his way to the neck of the demon.

Muzan felt fear and despair, his legs trembling and cold sweat coming down his face, he could even feel as tears began to form in his eyes.

Not even that monstrous man who nearly killed him was as strong and scary than the pillar in front of him.

Will this be the end of his journey?
Crack! Before the Zanpakuto could reach the neck of the demon and slice it, before the night pillar could end it all. His mask broke to small pieces.
His body could not move, he froze right in front of the perplexed demon.

Only millimeters away from ending it all.

He ordered over and over again to his hands to cut the demon's head off. But he found no answer. He had no strength left.

"Damn..." Hiiro muttered. The black blade didn't move and inch.

The hate and rage inside of Muzan's body began to arise. Veins popping out all around his body, baring his fangs, his arms regenerated and his bloody red eyes were twitching from pain and anger.

"You lowly human, you dare hurt me. You dare to made the mightiest demon tremble in fear?!" Without any remorse, his right hand pierced through the pillar shoulder. Hiiro let out a painful scream. "YOU WILL DIE SLOW AND PAINFUL!"

"Yeah, I know..." his golden eyes gleamed as he faced the demon. "But, the only one dying today is you!"

When Muzan realized, it was too late.
All the swordsmen had already jumped out of their positions, they ran their way to the enraged monster, he was fully concerned about his injuries and he could only focus on the man who dared to challenge him.

He didn't got the perception to see or feel the attack coming.

From the water breathing to the wind breathing, all the swords fall upon the demon.

The wind slashed through his body, the water cut with strong force, the stone bludgeoning his head when the kurasigama-like weapon stroke him, the deadly snake fangs pierced through him, he felt the impact of the beast breathing and the shocking effects of the lightning breathing as well.

Then the fury of the love breathing techniques and the flower breathing packed a punch too and finally but not last the powerful Dance of the Fire God made it appearance.

Blood spluttered from his demon body, his eyes went blank and his legs gave up. Falling to his knees, the demon found himself losing the battle.

"Impossible..." the silver haired monster murmured, traveling back to the day when Yoriichi almost killed him. "It can't be... compared to him, you're nothing and yet... I'm here, at the verge of dying."

Hiiro and the pillars readied their next moves, putting their last ounce of power into their swords. Summoning their last breathing technique into battle.

"There's no way..." as the demon slayers launched themselves into the offensive, Muzan realized something: if he didn't died when that monster attacked him, he won't die today. "THERE'S NO WAY I DIE HERE!"

Like a savage beast, he roared, new tentacles and limbs were spun out from his back. The demon slayers were pushed back by the rampant monster.

Tanjiro and Hiiro stood their ground, fighting back against the tentacles, cutting then as soon as they reemerges. But soon they realized that Muzan had the upper hand.

"Come on, Tanjiro!" The night pillar encouraged as he sliced two of the monstrous limbs, trying to catch his breath, he awaited for the next wave of demon limbs.

None came to him, but the young Kamado was caught with his guard down when the four tentacles rushed against him.

Without losing the momentum, the demon launched a barrage of attacks against Hiiro. The night pillar could do nothing but evade and block.

'My hands are going numb with each strike of this...'

His golden eyes gleamed when he saw it. The demon was focused completely on him, every attack was full of wrath and bloodlust.

His companions were scattered and knocking on the door of death. But this was the exact moment he was waiting for.

"You've all attacked me, all your pathetic breathing techniques were ineffective against me!" Muzan mocked the swordsmen as he began to push back the last stand of the demon slayer corps. "DIE!"

Hiiro smirked when a small shadow appeared behind his foe.

Shinobu Kocho stabbed the demon with all her strength, her nichirin blade piercing directly at the demon's heart.

Not even the demon lord could guard against such bold and swift move. It felt like he was attacked by a graceful butterfly.

"Now! Inject the poison!" Ordered the night pillar.

A small syringe came to scene, the poison was guaranteed to kill the father of all demons.

Kurotsuchi Mayuri was the one to create and synthesize the formula.

A poison expert would never fail to create such a 'simple one' he stated when the pillar received the formula from him.

But Muzan will not let himself be killed that easily.

The Butterfly girl realized too late, before he could reach, her head would be flying to the air. That monster launched an attack against the insect pillar.

"Getsuga Tenshou!" With a wild shunpo, Hiiro got between the fist and the girl.

The steel met the demon's punch, an energy explosion was created launching the two swordsmen back.

The syringe was crushed during the exchange. Now, the demon was amused by the fact that he trampled over the pillars, all his attacks, all his plans were in vain.

Hiiro tried to stand, failing to do. He fell to the ground. The sight of an unconscious Shinobu was in front of him.

The plan failed, that minster was just too strong. The last hope was the poison, but now it was shattered.

"Fufufu. You humans, taste despair. I will now proceed to kill you all."

The tenth pillar didn't have any strength left. He knew that he failed again.

He did not heard when Tanjiro stood alone against that monster, he didn't heard when the pillars made another stand against Muzan.

He didn't want to hear it anymore.

"Are you really giving up?" When his golden eyes traced the voice. He already knew what he would find.

"Leave me alone, Kyojuro..."

The flame pillar stood there, right in front of him. With a huge smile and gleaming eyes.

"Stand now, Hiiro. You have to do it. Everyone is fighting out there. Even my boy, Kamado Tanjiro."

"That monster is invincible. There's no way we can beat him."

He couldn't look at him, he felt sadness in his heart.

"Then beat the invincible, you have to do it, whatever it takes." His friend reached out for him. "Just a last push, my old friend."

Hiiro wanted to cry, but he could not accept this outcome. He cursed himself for thinking about giving up.

He took his old friend hand

Struggling to get on his feet, the night pillar raised again. With blood and injuries all around his body.

His golden eyes glowed as he took his Zanpakuto again. A Reiatsu explosion was created as shadows and darkness swirled around him.

"Whatever it takes!" He yelled befor a cocoon of shadows was made all around him.

The battle suddenly stopped. All the eyes were on him.

Hiiro let out such force that the small town trembled and the pressure of his Reiatsu was such that the weakened pillars fell to their knees.

Hiiro reemerged from the shadow cocoon. He was determined to end the fight.

It doesn't matter what he have to sacrifice.

With a shaking body, Muzan could see the boy's new appearance.

"Let's end this, Muzan."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 3.1K 30
❝ THERE is no denying that there is evil in this world, but the light will always conquer the darkness. ❞ π₯𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐞 π›πž π₯𝐒𝐠𝐑𝐭 | slow...
200K 4.8K 45
You are the Thunder Pillar and you have embarked on a journey to kill the progenitor of demons, Muzan Kibutsuji, to finish an endless cycle of war be...
5.9K 185 29
Ashaya Akari, one lost soul, left to die from a demon attack nearly turned her to a full demon, with partial blood, enough to give her more power to...
6.5K 169 13
πŸ’™Tokito Muichiro was a very carefree pillar, he hardly paid attention to anything, until someone's arrival would make him change hisπŸ’—