The Gunpowder Blade

By kaedehara_kenichi

I've been wanting to do this for a while. Here it is, a Kinon fanfic. After Asuna left Japan to marry someone... More

What Happened?
Edge Of Death
Mixed Feelings
Behind Closed Doors
Acceptance
Lesser Evil
Give Me A Reason
End Of The Beginning
Hi! (Q&A)
Missing In Action
Fateful Words
Author's Note
The Legend's Homecoming
To Be And Not To Be
The Way You Remind Me
The Gunpowder Blade
Floor By Floor
Expect The Unexpected
Is It Really Over
A Reason To Live
I Made A Promise
Windows To The Soul
A Normal World
Epilogue

A Date?!

306 7 2
By kaedehara_kenichi

***

Hey Familia of the Closet! Here, have more content. I only do these intro things to keep my sanity. Anyway, enjoy! :D

-Seijirou

***

(Kazuto)

"Wait, where's my jacket?" I muttered. Then I remembered. "Asada still has it." I put my shoes on and ran out the house and into the shed. I pushed the bike out and mounted it, turning the engine over. I revved and sped off to Asada's place. I drove past the cafe I met up with Kikuoka at once. A flood of memories filled my head. Of Zaskar's GGO. And Rath's Underworld. "Not all of them were bad." I thought of the first time I met Asada. Before I knew it, I had already arrived at the apartment complex. I parked, cut the engine, and got off. I checked the time, it was '11:29.' Cutting it a little close. I ran up the stairs and to the door, knocking on it as soon as I got there. i made sure to take the short amount of time to fix myself. 

"Coming!" Asada called from the other side of the door. I stepped back. The door opened, revealing Asada in the outfit from earlier. She was still wearing my jacket. I'll let her wear it a little longer. She looks so cute in it. 

"Ready to go?" I asked, holding out my hand. She took it and nodded, closing her door and locking it. We walked down to my bike and got on. I handed her my helmet. She took it and put it on. I started the engine and revved it, speeding out of the driveway. 

***

Once we arrived at the restaurant, Asada held onto my helmet. We walked in and waited to order. 

"Hi, what can we do for you?" The woman at the register asked. I stepped forward. 

"Hi, can I get a Kare Pan and 2 chocolate Taiyaki please?" She nodded.  

"That will be ¥1949.63." She smiled sweetly. I pulled out my VISA and put it into the machine. I typed my pin and took my card back, along with the receipt. I led Asada to a booth in the corner. She got in first, and I got in after. Since the booth was a little cramped, we were very close. I could feel nervosity just dripping off of her. I decided to poke the bear a bit. I slowly wrapped my arm over her shoulder. Her face turned red as a rose. I laughed on the inside as to not spoil my fun. To make it worse, I kissed her on the cheek. She was vibrating with embarrassment, even though no one was looking at us. 

"K-Kazuto." She whined quietly. I finally laughed externally, but not loudly. I took my arm away, but she stopped me. I looked at her in a surprised manner, but smiled. She put my arm back around her. Then a man came with our food. 

"A Kare Pan, and two chocolate Taiyaki." He placed it on the table.

"Thank you." I said. The man walked away, I took my arm back. I could see that Asada was disappointed, but I can't eat with one hand. At least, that anyone knows of. When I eat, I'm a very skilled eater. Asada grabbed a piece of curry bread, which is what a Kare Pan is, and bit into it. I grabbed one and bit into it as well. It was still hot, but it didn't feel like it. Almost as if they were the flames of a character from a show I watched a while ago. It was about this teenage boy, who was secretly the spawn of Satan. And his flames were hot, because they're the same flames that destroyed villages, cities, countries. But they didn't feel hot. Remembering stuff like this is the true power of an Otaku. 

"So." Asada said. I looked at her with a piece of the curry bread hanging out of my mouth. 

"Whmpht." I mumbled. She laughed. I took 5 seconds to chew and swallow. "What." 

"What..." She paused. "What... Are we?" 

"Whatever you want us to be." I answered. "Strangers, acquaintances, friends, best friends, boyfriend and girlfriend, lovers." She blushed at the last two, especially the last one. 

"Which one do you like?" Asada said, looking away to hide her face, probably red. I smiled and placed my hand on her head. 

"Well. That depends. What are you comfortable with?" I asked. 

"Y-You-" She blushed madly. "Don't make me say it." 

"Last one? Or second-last one?" I ask. 

"S-Second. I'm not ready for the last one yet." She looks at me. I pat her head. 

"Then that's what we are." I said. She grinned cheekily and took a bite of her Taiyaki. I did the same. The chocolate flavor mixed with the cake-y texture makes it perfect. I look over at Asada. She was almost done her taiyaki. For a girl with such a petite frame, she can be quite the glutton when she wants. "Did you taste any of it?" She had a guilty face. 

"I don't know, I've been really hungry these past few days." Asada explained. I nodded, then finished my taiyaki. There was one curry bread left. 

"If so, you have the last piece. I'm not that hungry anymore anyway." I gestured to the curry. 

"No. You go ahead." She insisted. I rolled my eyes and split it in half, handing her one. Throughout all the anime I've watched, I know where that conversation was going. And I don't wanna spend 15 minutes arguing over food. I ate the bread, letting the salsa-like sauce along with the fried dough flow down my throat. I wiped my hands with a napkin, Asada did the same. 

"Ready to go?" I asked her. She nodded. We got up and left the restaurant. We walked to my bike and mounted it. She picked up my helmet. I started the engine and revved, speeding off to Asada's place. 

***

I turned off the engine got off of it, helping Asada off the bike. She handed me my helmet. I took it and started walking up the stairs. Asada went up to her door and unlocked it, leading me inside. The clock on the wall read '12:37.' I closed the door behind me and set my helmet on the table. I took my jacket off and placed it next to my helmet. 

"So, you gonna stay a bit, or leave?" Asada asked me. I grinned, grabbing her by the waist from behind, making her gasp. 

"I think I'll stay." I spun her around and pulled her into a hug. 

"I'd like that." She smiled. I pulled her chin up and placed a kiss on her soft but firm lips. I never thought I'd be here with her. At this point of a relationship. It's almost too good to be true. Like a dream. Or a nightmare. I backed away. She sat on her bed and gestured for me to sit next to her. I sat next to her and grinned. I leaned in for a kiss, but not even an inch away, and my phone rings. I look at the caller and roll my eyes.

"One second." I said and answered the call. "What's up Sugu?" 

"Where are you?" She yelled. 

"Out." I said, avoiding the truth.

"Okay, well, I need you home. Mom is gonna be home soon to pick us up." She said a little quieter. 

"For what?" I asked. 

"We're going to visit family in Utsunomiya." She explained. I groaned. 

"Okay, I'll be home in a bit." I hung up and looked at a disappointed Asada. 

"You have to leave." She said sadly. 

"Actually, I'll be gone for a couple days." I said. 

"Oh." She looked at the floor. 

"But." I said. Her head perked up. "I will bring my Amusphere."

"Okay." She smiled. 

"Meet me in the inn at Ronbaru at 19:00 tonight." I said, running to put my shoes on. 

"Inn, Ronbaru, 19:00, got it." She said. I slipped my shoes and jacket on, grabbing my helmet. I kissed her cheek and walked out the door. I ran down the stairs and got on my bike, put my helmet on, and started the engine. I revved it and sped off in the direction of my place. 

***

 I parked my bike in the shed and took the key out. I closed and locked the shed. 

"Kazuto?!" Suguha called from inside the house. 

"What?!" I walked to the door. 

"Hurry up! We're leaving in a couple hours!" She yelled. I walked to my room and grabbed my backpack. I stuck enough clothes to last me a few days, my Amusphere and the AC cord, my phone adapter, and bathroom necessities and stuffed them into the backpack. Suguha needed me to hurry, although it only took me 5 minutes. She underestimates me. I brought my backpack into the living room and placed it on a chair. Just then, Aunt Midori walked through the door. 

"You guys almost ready?" She asked. I got up to hug her. I haven't seen her in almost a week. "Hi Kazuto." Midori spoke sweetly. 

"Hey, Aunt Midori." I smiled. 

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." She said. 

"It sure does." I agreed. 

"So, spill. How's it going with that girl you met in-game?" She asked innocently. My smile went to a frown. 

"Actually, we split up for family reasons on her end." I half-whispered. She frowned as well. 

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Are you okay?" She pat my back. 

"I'm fine." I faked a smile. She could see right through me, but decided to stop adding fuel to the fire. 

"Ready!" Suguha called. I looked at her and almost lost it. Her suitcase was literally about to blow up. 

"Sugu, pack light, remember? Not pack the city." I told her.

"Kazuto, are you ready to go?" Midori asked me. I grabbed my bag and headed to the car. I opened the passenger door and placed my bag on the floor. I noticed Midori coming out with Suguha, so I sat in the front seat and closed the door. She placed her suitcase in the trunk and got in the backseat. Midori got in as well and started the car, driving off.  

"So, Suguha. What's new with you?" Midori asked. 

"Well, I've been practicing Kendo more and more lately. I've had a lot more time on my hands recently." She said.

"That's good." She nodded. "Kazuto? What about you?" She tried to mask the mistake she made earlier. 

"Nothing really. I guess, I found a few new colleges to tour." I said, pulling out my earbuds. 

"That's good." She said. I stuck my earbuds in. "Well, guess it's just me and you, Sugu." 

"Yup." She answered. I scrolled through my music until I found a good song called 'She Knows by J. Cole.' I hit play and closed my eyes. The music began to play. All I could think about was Asada. Her eyes. Her hair. Her voice. Her hands. Her lips. It's been, what, 2 days? I'm already obsessed with her. Just then, my phone vibrated. I opened my eyes and looked at my notifications. It was a text from Asada. 

Asada: "Hey. I miss you already." 

Me: "Yeah, same." 

Asada: "I have a question." 

Me: "What's up?" 

Asada: "Did you enjoy our date?" 

Me: "Of course, why?" 

Asada: "Just didn't seem as fiery as any other first dates." 

Me: "Just because we went to a restaurant, doesn't mean it wasn't a big step in our relationship."

Asada: "Okay, good." 

Me: "Y'know what, I have a question too." 

Asada: "And what's that?" 

Me: "Do you wanna have a word to substitute for the 'L' word?" 

Asada: "Ummmm. Sure, I guess. What did you have in mind?" 

Me: "Idk. How about 'mute'?"

Asada: "I mute you?" 

Me: "Yeah, that!" 

Asada: "Sounds good." 

Me: "So what else do you wanna talk about?" 

Asada: "Well..." 

***

After about an hour and a half of driving, we made it to Utsunomiya. I stepped out of the car, grabbed my bag, and headed into my grandparent's house. 

"Oh, hi, Kazuto. We're glad you could make it this time." Grandma Himari spoke.  I nodded and hugged her. I went to put my bag in the room I was staying in then sat on the couch and pulled out my phone, no new messages from Asada. I guess I'll just wait. I scrolled up through our messages and read them from top to bottom. I heard scuffling around behind me. And quiet breathing. Suguha. I turned my head around and saw Sugu standing there with her face burning the fire of a thousand suns. 

"Can I talk to you?" She gestured to an empty bedroom. I nodded and got up. She led me to the room and shut the door. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her. Her breaths were ragged, unsteady. 

"You..." She stopped. "You went on a date with her?!"

***

Hey Familia of the Closet! Big ending, huh? Why is Suguha mad about the date? I don't know, I haven't started writing another chapter yet. Also, do you like the song I chose for Kazuto to listen to? It's currently my favorite song so... Anyways, thank you so much for reading! Please remember to vote, follow, and comment! I hope you enjoyed. I love you people so much!

-Seijirou

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.1K 1.1K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...
61.5K 2.2K 15
With Kirito beating Heathcliff, a.k.a Kayaba Akihiko (who was also Ume's uncle), everyone was released from the game. But alas, that isn't where the...
1.1K 54 16
(The story takes place during and after the Death Gun incident) Sinon's life has been filled with nothing but tragedy. Loneliness, PTSD, bullying, lo...
3.1K 147 32
!!! [UPDATING PRIOR AND CURRENT CHAPTERS AS OF OCTOBER 2023] [FIC STARTED 12/25/22] #15 IN KAZUSCARA 11/22/23! #19 IN KAZUSCARA 10/18/23! SUMMARY:...