The Kids Are Alright

By jojolennon

Twin sisters, Cynthia and Sylvia meet The Who in 1968 and become their groupies. They both start a relationsh... More

Chapter one: However Much I Booze
Chapter two: We're Not Gonna Take It
Chapter four: Another Tricky Day
Chapter five: A Quick One (While He's Away)
Chapter six: Cry if You Want (part one)
Chapter seven: Cry If You Want (part two)
Chapter eight: Doctor, Doctor
Chapter nine: Love Reign O'er Me
Chapter ten: The Song Is Over

Chapter three: Behind Blue Eyes

25 3 4
By jojolennon

May 8th, 1969; Sylvia's POV Author: @jojolennon

I woke to the smell of bacon.

I walked into the kitchen to find John, making breakfast.

"Ah morning, luv." Said John.

"Good morning. When's breakfast?"

"Just a few. By the way, I invited Pete to dinner."

"Oh that's alright, I suppose. I hope he makes it before the storm. I hear it's supposed to be bad."

"Yeah me too. I told him he could just stay the night if he wanted, as well."

"That's probably good. He gonna stay in the guest bedroom?"

"Well obviously." John laughed. "You wouldn't want him sleeping with us, would you?"

I giggled. "I guess not."

John handed me my eggs and bacon.

"You need any salt?" John asked.

"Nah it's perfect thanks, darling."

After breakfast, we spent a whole 30 minutes trying to come up with what we were going to make Pete for dinner.

"No! That so lame! Pete will surely taste the laziness." I complained.

"Ugh then what else is there??"

"..... homemade lasagna?"

"Mmmm.... that's good. Pete'll like that."

I laughed. "I act as though Pete is some kind of sophisticated guy."

"Well he is a good friend, and we gotta show him our best."

"I know." I said.

I went to the store, to get the ingredients for dinner.

Then I got back home it was 5:30, and I suspected Pete should be here soon.

"John! What are you doing?"

He appeared in the doorway of the kitchen. "I was just tidying up the house, luv."

"Oh ok. Sorry to bother, darling."

He wrapped his arms around my waist. "You are never bothering me, Sylvia."

"Aw John you're so sweet."

He went back to cleaning and I went back to cooking dinner.

It was starting to look ominous outside and I hoped Pete would hurry and get here.

20 minutes later, a knock came at the door.

"Hey Pete, you made it just before the storm."

He sighed. "Almost didn't. It's raining really bad a few blocks away. So I brought my stuff to sleep here tonight."

"Lovely. You can go put it in your guest room."

While Pete was putting his stuff up, John and I set the table.

We all sat down to eat. "This lasagna is great, Sylvia." Pete said.

"Thanks Peter. I made it just for you."

Pete smiled. "How'd you ever get so lucky, John?"

"What do you mean? Lucky how?"

"Sylvia."

John chuckled. "In the bar, remember?"

"Yeah yeah I know." Pete laughed. "I've been at Roger's all day, helping him with his stupid black eye. Why he needed me for that, when he's got Cyn, I will never know."

"Black eye?" I asked.

"Yeah him and Keith got in a fight with some guy last night over Cynthia."

"Oh God, What'd she do this time?"

"Oh it wasn't something she did. The guy, Chad, called her a drunk whore, and Keith did not take very kindly to that, so him and Roger beat him up."

"Well at least I know there are people who will look after her. She didn't get hurt, did she?"

"No she's fine. Probably has a hangover today, though."

I laughed. "I'll say."

Just as the last word left my mouth, a huge clap of thunder rumbled through the sky.

John got up and went to the window. "It's getting pretty bad out there."

A flash of lighting came and the power was gone.

"Ah shit!" Yelled John. "I suppose we're going to need candles."

"God everyone just go look for candles." I groaned.

We all went different directions, feeling our way around the house.

I was in, what I thought was the living room, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

The hand, whose I suspected to be John, spun me around and pulled me into them.

"Whoa John-" He stopped me with his lips.

This kiss felt different than normal. It was more aggressive than John usually was.

I deepened the kiss and felt his hand slide up my thigh.

He tried desperately to pull me closer, when I was already as close as I thought possible.

He ran his free hand through my hair, tangling it between his fingers.

I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He pushed me into the corner of the room, and began to kiss down my neck.

"I found some candles!" John's voice yelled.

I froze. If John was over there, and not here kissing me..... then I was kissing.... Pete?

I pushed Pete away. "Pete you idiot!" I hissed.

Just then the power flash back on, revealing Pete's confused expression.

"Why didn't you just push me away to begin with?" He asked, slightly hurt.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE JOHN!!" I whispered, so John wouldn't hear.

He looked shocked. "Oh."

John came back into the room, and noticed me in the corner with Pete a few inches away.

"Uh..... what's going on here?" He asked.

I gave Pete a nasty look. "We just ran into each other looking for candles."

"Oh." John didn't seem convinced. "Well guess we don't need them now."

"No, uh, I guess not." Pete nervously chuckled.

John and Pete then went to clean the kitchen from dinner.

While they cleaned I went to mine and John's room to compose myself.

Had I really just kissed Pete and thought it was John?

Was I really that stupid? I didn't even know my own boyfriend, but I never would've expected it to be anyone else.

But Pete was a damn good kisser.

I shook my head at my disgusting thought. I loved John. Not Pete.

I walked back into the kitchen. "You alright, luv?" John asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just brushing my teeth." I lied.

"Well, um, thanks for dinner guys, but I'm worn out so I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright g'night Pete." Said John.

I walked to John and sat next to him on the couch.

"What were you and Pete really doing?" John asked, sternly.

I went pale, and took his hand to lead him to the bedroom so Pete wouldn't hear.

"John look, I swear I have nothing for Pete. I love you."

"I know. But what did you do?"

"He- he kissed me." I looked at the ground.

The room went silent.

I didn't dare look at him.

"Well, did you feel anything for him?"

"No I swear I thought it was you. The only reason I felt something is because I thought it was you."

John looked saddened. "I'm going to sleep on the couch." And he left the room.

I sat on the bed and cried. What had I done?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 637 11
Y/N Potter, a Hufflepuff prefect in her 6th year, yes Harry potter had a twin sister that no one knew about. What if said twin sister has always had...
6.7K 171 20
WARNING! THIS STORY IS INCOMPLETE AND HASN'T BEEN WORKED ON SINCE 2020! I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE! You, the reader, are barely going through...
11.1K 715 23
y/n normal life right? no? what will happen when she will have 7 stepbrother . "Who are they?" "Please let me go . This is not right yo.. you are my...
425K 9.8K 31
β‡’ STORY BY : ❱ http:Λšβ™‘lvesaturn! ΛšΛ‘Ψ˜ :πŸ₯: ·˚ β‡’ COVER MADE BY : lvesaturnβ™‘ [ DO NOT REUSE OR USE FOR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ] ⇒𝓑𝓾𝓷𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰�...