Hey There, Delilah

By Jesse_M_Love

Raphael, Michelangelo, and Casey Jones. They were all who were left of their small band of freaky misfits. Ma... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Paying the F**king Taxes
Chapter 3: Feel it Still...
Chapter 4: An Offer Delilah Definitely Refused
Chapter 5: Freedom
Chapter 6: Can't Say How the Days Will Unfold
Chapter 7: Feelings
Chapter 8: Light at the End
Chapter 9: Leading Up to Memories
Chapter 10: Journals
Chapter 11: Follow Me
Chapter 12: The Trial Fight
Chapter 13: Invention of Loss
Chapter 14: The Foiled Hijinx
Chapter 15: Love's Misunderstanding
Chapter 16: The Cure
Chapter 17: The Finding of Minds
Chapter 18: Show Yourself
Chapter 19: The Stolen Goddess Returned
Chapter 20: Third Times the Charm
Chapter 21: If I Could Tell Her
Chapter 22: A Forgotten Memory Again Found
Chapter 23: Across the Barrier
Chapter 24: A Chance in Time
Chapter 25: Surprise for All
Chapter 26: Almost Lost
Chapter 27: Ghosts Give A Second Chance
Chapter 28: ASL: American Sign Language & A Second Lease
Chapter 29: The Pain of the Past
Chapter 30: Singing Memories
Chapter 31: Taking it Too Far
Chapter 32: Freddie and Soft Sides
Chapter 33: More to a Leader Than a Title
Chapter 34: Next Step

Epilogue

19 0 0
By Jesse_M_Love

While everyone was asleep that day, Delilah decided it was a good time to meditate since she hadn't in a long while. She let herself relax and fall into the state of the medium.

♦️♦️♦️

Leo and Master Splinter were both in the Lab by the time she reached the medium. She was relieved they were there and swung her legs over the side of the medical chair.

"Boy do we have a lot to talk about," she said. They both nodded. "Look, Leo, I'm sorry. I brought you into my argument with Raph when I shouldn't have-"

"No, don't apologize. I agree with what you said, 100%. I would have loved to see Raph's soft side when I was alive. And I am upset and angry he never trusted me with that. Especially learning it now that I'm not there," he admitted. He sighed. "But watching you forgive him..." he chuckled curtly. "You surprise me, Dee." She smiled sadly.

"I still shouldn't have brought you into it; that was a low blow," she admitted.

"Eh, not really. He hit a low blow by mentioning Columbus Place, so," Leo shrugged. She nodded in agreement.

"Master Splinter... You've been awfully quiet," Delilah noticed. He nodded slowly.

"You've done some thinking, Delilah, have you not?" he asked.

"Um, yeah... I have," she said, thinking back to her conversation with Mick, Raph, and Donnie before she got her cast.

"Care to share?"

"Everything that happened doesn't mean I can't still be a leader. There's more to it than the title, and being in the middle of the fight- which I had forgotten. A leader should support their team, and I know I hadn't been amazing at that. But now, with my injury, it may be all I can do, so I will definitely do everything in my power to support my team. I'll make sure I don't forget that," she said. "That is my answer, Sensei."

"I'm glad you were able to figure this out, Delilah," Master Splinter said, seeming pleased.

"Now, there is a room in this Lair that I would love to show you. Not even Leonardo had been there while living," he said. "If you could join me. There is no need to worry about your injury- we are all able-bodied here."

Delilah nodded and got off of the bed. Standing and walking on her able legs felt foreign, but also familiar. She followed Master Splinter as Leo followed her. They exited the Lab and went upstairs, past Leo's room. They went to the next door frame that- like Leo's- had a curtain in front of it.

"When I was alive, this was my bedroom," Master Splinter said, pausing outside of it. "None of my children have even dared to think about entering." Delilah nodded along. "With your new acceptance of your position, I feel it is necessary for you to enter."

"Me?" she asked. "But sensei- I, what about Leo?"

"He has been in here since our deaths," Master Splinter said. "Don't worry." Delilah nodded.

"Yes, sensei."

Delilah softly pushed the curtain aside as she entered. The room was rather large. It consisted of a dark gray hammock, a mat for personal meditation, a bookshelf, a small desk with no chair, and several nightstands holding candles and jars scented oils. There was also a closet, Delilah noticed.

"Sensei... May I ask, what does showing me your room have to do with my acceptance of my position?" She asked. Master Splinter smiled slightly.

"There are two reasons why I brought you here. One is indirectly related to your position, while the other is directly related." Delilah nodded. He grabbed something from the closet. "This is the cane I used while in life, for I, too, had trouble balancing at times. And I feel it would be of use to you," he said, offering for Delilah to hold it. She was in awe but accepted it nonetheless.

"This... This is beautiful, sensei..." she whispered. "The details are exquisite... And that's the symbol for 'family,'" she said. "It's all over this..." She noticed the symbol was carved into the wood in multiple places. Master Splinter and Leo smiled as they watched her. "Thank you, sensei," she added, looking at him. "This is something I will hold onto as long as I live."

"You are welcome, Delilah," Master Splinter said.

"As for the second reason," he started. He opened the closet and revealed many articles of clothing. "This is my personal collection of hakamas, kimonos, and haoris. They are all in pristine condition, as once you choose one, it becomes yours. I am willing to let you try as many as you wish to find the one that speaks to you," he said, stepping out of the way to let Delilah look into the closet. She gaped at him, then at the closet; they all were in pristine condition...

"I get to choose from these?" Delilah asked. "But these are the dressings of a sensei, a master..." she whispered, looking at Master Splinter. He nodded.

"You have found your answers, accepted your fate, and mastered your art, Delilah. Or, shall I say- Sensei Lawson," Master Splinter said.

"Master Splinter... Me?"

"You are ready, Delilah. Trust me," he put a hand on Delilah's shoulder. She nodded, feeling a sense of calm washing over her. "Choose a hakama and a haori that speak to you,"

Delilah gently graced her hand over the hakamas. Master Splinter had a wide selection of colors. She stopped at a gold one. It caught her eye, but it didn't speak to her as she had hoped. She went to the next one and her breath caught in her throat. It was silver in color and felt comfortable between her fingertips.

"This is the one, Master Splinter," Delilah whispered. "Definitely..." Master Splinter smiled.

"Take it out and hand it to me," he suggested, and he did so. "Now your haori?" Delilah nodded.

The first one she touched sent shivers through her immediately. It was royal blue in color and the seems were sown in a teal-colored string.

"This one, Sensei," Delilah said. She took the hanger from the closet and looked at Master Splinter, who was smiling sadly. "Sensei?"

"That was the one that would have spoken to Leonardo while he was in life- we only realized that after our deaths," Master Splinter admitted. "But clearly, it knows your strength and your similarities," he added, taking the haori from Delilah, who was smiling sadly.

"Thank you, Sensei Splinter," Delilah said. She bowed deeply as a sign of respect. He laid the hakama and the haori over his small desk.

"You're welcome, Sensei Lawson," he said, smiling. He, too, bowed to Delilah. "May I see?" he asked, referring to the cane, which remained in Delilah's hand. She gave it to him and he put it on top of the hakama and haori.

"Shouldn't we put them back so we don't mess with the space-time continuum?" Delilah asked.

"It is alright- they are gifts from the dead to the living; nothing has changed except their location," Master Splinter said. "When you leave this meditation, come here on your own. Put on the hakama and the haori, then take the cane. Once you have done so, my children will be in the dojo for their training. Walk into the dojo with your head held high. They will be surprised, but they will listen. Tell them, filling in the blank: 'I am Sensei Delilah Lawson and I...'"

He bowed once more.

"I hope to see you again soon," he said before exiting the room quietly.

Delilah looked to Leonardo, who was still in the doorframe. He was smiling.

"Ready to go back to the lab?" he asked. Delilah nodded and they left the room.

"Leo... Now that I have found my answers, does that mean I can't talk to you anymore?" Delilah asked as they reached the bottom of the stairs.

"No. We can still talk," he responded.

"I'm glad," Delilah said. "I've truly enjoyed spending time with you." He chuckled and smiled at her.

"Me too, Dee," he said. They entered the empty lab.

"I hope to see you again soon," Leo said.

"You, too," she said. They stood there, looking at each other. "You're a great friend, Leo. Thank you, again, for everything."

"Thank you, too, Dee. You helped me reconnect with my siblings," he smiled. She hugged him. He was surprised for a moment but soon hugged her back.

When they broke apart, Delilah smiled at him before positioned herself back onto the medical chair. She closed her eyes and relaxed.

♦️♦️♦️

When she woke, Leo was no longer at the lab tables and she could feel herself in her physical body. Master Splinter was right- Raph, Donnie, and Mick were in the dojo. Knowing Tina and Dill, they were probably in there as well.

Delilah swung her feet off of the chair and hesitated. She took a deep breath and planted her feet on the ground. She stood, shakily, but was able to keep her balance. Slowly, she left the lab. She made her way to the stairs- which were not an easy feat with her ankle. She entered Master Splinter's room confidently. The cane, hakama, and haori were on the small desk where Master Splinter had left them.

She carefully put on the hakama, then the haori. She took the cane and felt it in her hands; it truly is a beautiful work. It is 4'6" in height and is curved slightly. Six inches from the top is a small handle for Delilah to hold and/or lean on comfortably. It was painted black but had the symbol for 'family' engraved all over the wood. Each symbol was painted over in either silver or sky blue. It felt perfect between her hands.

Walking down the stairs was much easier than going up. She confidently walked through the Lair, deciding to let her mouth decide what to fill in the blank of what Master Splinter told her to say to the siblings. She entered the dojo, and the turtles and Casey were all training intensely. They were doing very well.

No one in the dojo seemed to notice her presence. She hit the cane against the floor twice and everyone froze. The turtles were shocked to see Delilah standing in the doorway, and they were all shocked to see her wearing a hakama and haori like their father's.

Everyone in the dojo was definitely listening. She took a deep breath and started speaking.

"I am Sensei Delilah Lawson and I've spent years building to this title. Are you ready to do the same?"

♦️♦️♦️

Hey there, Delilah, what's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand thoughts away, but, girl, tonight you look so pretty. Yes, you do. Times Square can't shine as bright as you. I swear, it's true.

Hey there, Delilah. Don't you worry about the distance, I'm right there if you get lonely. Give this song another listen, close your eyes. Listen to my voice, it's my disguise. I'm by your side.

Oh, it's what you do to me; oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me; oh, it's what you do to me. What you do to me...

Hey there, Delilah, I know times are getting hard. But just believe me, girl, someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar. We'll have it good. We'll have the life we knew we would, my word is good.

Hey there, Delilah, I've got so much left to say. If every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away, I'd write it all. Even more in love with me you'd fall, we'd have it all.

Oh, it's what you do to me; Oh, it's what you do to me. Oh, it's what you do to me; Oh, it's what you do to me.

A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they've got planes and trains and cars. I'd walk to you if I had no other way. Our friends would all make fun of us. and we'll just laugh along because we know that none of them have felt this way. Delilah, I can promise you, that by the time we get through, the world will never ever be the same.

And you're to blame.

Hey there, Delilah, you be good and don't you miss me. Two more years and you'll be done with school, and I'll be making history as I do. You'll know it's all because of you. We can do whatever we want to.

Hey there, Delilah, here's to you. This one's for you.

Oh, it's what you do to me. What you do to me...

♦️♦️♦️

A/N: Final chapter, y'all. I hope you had a fun journey.

♦️♦️♦️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

612 26 5
Raised in New York City sewers by their foster father and martial-arts Master Splinter, four mutant ninja turtles Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello a...
99 18 5
After their final battle with the Utrom Shredder and saving the Multiverse from being destroyed, Mikey's been having horrible nightmares of unfamilia...
1.9K 52 15
"I live in the shadows and hide from other people or other mutants like you 4" Years ago, I was in my room. When I heard a loud crash. I didn't know...
63.2K 2.1K 23
You were a TMNT Geek. Your life was pretty good at your Boarding School, until the day Shredder came. Asking of a student with high grades from each...