Adopted Nikos (Volume 1)

By Zap3000

What happens if the world of Remnant is the aftermath of the Traveler's sacrifice? Aura, Dust, Magic, and Fan... More

Meet Omni (oh yeah... and Archive)
Chapter 2: The Shining Beacon
Chapter 3: The Shining Beacon Part 2
Chapter 4/5: The First Step Parts 1&2
Chapter 6/7/8: Emerald Forest Parts 1&2 & Players and Pieces
Chapter 9: The Badge and The Burden
Chapter 10: The Badge and The Burden Part 2
Chapter 11: Jaunedice
Chapter 12: Jaundice Part 2
Chapter 13: Forever Fall Parts 1&2
Chapter 15: The Stray
Chapter 16: Black and White

Chapter 1: Ruby Rose

1.2K 20 24
By Zap3000

Mysterious Narrator(Archive): Before Dust, before Aura, before this 'Remnant Age', there was the Traveler.

M.N.(Archive): The Traveler was a being of great power that had battled its enemy, the Darkness, for thousands of years. Eventually, the Traveler found humanity and gifted it with great miracles. A few centuries later, the Darkness found the Traveler and waged war on it and humanity. The Traveler sacrificed itself to give humanity the Guardians, great warriors who, with their Ghost companions, defended humanity. For a time, this worked. But eventually the Guardians fell and with them, humanity.

Images of a vast city in ruins.

M.N.(Archive): In a final attempt to wipe out the Darkness the Traveler sacrificed itself again. This time destroying the Traveler, and everything else, thus ending the 'Traveler Age'. With the last of its power, the Traveler remade the world into this 'Remnant Age' and gave this new humanity the gift of Light, better known as Aura. Unfortunately, the Darkness also remained in the Grimm. As such, the battle between Light and Dark continues within this new humanity and the Grimm.

Images of Huntsmen battling the Grimm.

M.N.(Archive): Unfortunately, even with the power of their Aura, humanity is still at risk from the Darkness. Perhaps, it is time for the Guardians to return...

A young man with silver hair, golden eyes, wolf ears and tail, and a multitude of weapons on his person, walks down a street and into a shop labeled "From Dust Till Dawn".

He enters the shop and walks to the back. He starts looking through a few weapons articles on a shelf. Glancing to his right, he sees a girl about his age in a red cloak looking through a weapon article. Wanting to avoid a conversation, the Fanus puts on headphones to give the impression that he is listening to music.

Back at the front of the store a group of men in black suits led by a man in a white suit. They walk up to the store owner and one of the grunts holds the store owner at gunpoint. The man in the white suit, seemingly the leader, signals to his men to start taking the Dust. The men spread out and start filling canisters and cases with the elemental minerals.

One of the men reaches the back sees the two young adults. He pulls out a sword and points it at the duo.

Grunt: Alright kids, put your hand where I can see them.

The wolf fanus feigns ignorance and pretends he didn't hear the crook, the girl doesn't hear the Grunt through her music. The robber, angered at the fact that he's being ignored, walks forward and yanks the hood of the girl's cloak down. This causes both of the teens to look up at the crook, who is gesturing for them to take off their headphones. Both of the young adults comply. The girl tilts her head, as if asking 'what do you want?'.

Grunt: I said, put your hands where I can see them.

Girl/Guy: Are... you robbing me?

Grunt: Yes!

Girl: Oh...

The two share a glance.

Back at the front, the man in the white suit is watching over his men when a grunt goes flying and slides to a stop next to him. The leader signals for two of his men to check it out. There's a crackle of electricity and the two men go flying out one of the large windows, closely followed by a silver/blue blur and a red/black blur.

In the street, standing over two unconscious crooks, are the two teens. The girl pulls a large device from her back, which she expands into a giant scythe and slams the blade into the ground. The guy pulls a small cylinder from his back that he extends into a four foot long staff, which he twirls around before setting into a battle stance.

The leader glances at his men.

White Suit: Well, get them.

The grunts rush out the shop's door and all but two charge with swords drawn.

The fanus smirks.

Guy: Let's clean house.

The duo rushes forwards. The fanus lands multiple strikes on his opponents, knocking them out. The human uses recoil of her sniper/scythe to add to her speed and slam the blunt end of her weapon into her enemies. Within a minute, all of the grunts with swords were down.

The two remaining grunts raise their guns and open fire. Before an real damage can be done, the young fanus throws two combat knives at the grunts. The knives hit their targets on the forehead, handle first, knocking them out.

Guy: Wow, they really aren't that good. I didn't even throw that hard.

The girl next to him giggles at his comment, and then stares in awe when her 'partner' raises his hands and draws the knives back to him before sheathing the blades. The fanus would have laughed at her expression if the man in the white suit hadn't spoken.

White Suit: Well Red, Pup, it's been fun but this...

The man in the white suit holds up his cane, the bottom opens and a targeting reticle appears above.

White Suit: ...is where we part ways.

A flare fires from the cane at the duo. The girl uses the recoil of her sniper to fly into the air. The boy's eyes flash dark blue-purple before he seemingly disappears into the shadows, reappearing outside the explosion.

When the smoke clears, the man in white is seen climbing a fire ladder to the top of a building. The fanus holds out his hand and a strange object appears in a flash over his hand.

Guy: Archive! Track him!

Archive: Of course, Guardian.

The young wolf fanus then rushes after the man in the white suit, the girl following close behind.

The duo find the criminal at the other end of the roof of the building. A Bullhead pulls up next to the building and the man in the white suit boards the craft before the two young adults can stop him.

White Suit: End of the line, kids!

The criminal throws a Fire Dust crystal at the teens before firing another flare from his cane, causing the Dust crystal to explode.

Before the teens could do anything to avoid the explosion, a woman in a white and black outfit appears in front of them to block the blast.

The woman then sends a strange attack that shakes the Bullhead. The criminal stumbles and rushes into the cockpit. Moments later a woman, mostly covered in shadows, with glowing arms and eyes steps into the Bullhead's troop bay. The two woman engage in an impressive ranged battle, that ended when the fire woman sent out a blast of fire that obliterated the projectiles sent by the woman in white and black.

The girl shifts her weapons into gun form and starts shooting at the woman. The boy draws a large pistol from a holster on his thigh and aims. The fire woman blocked all of the shots from the girl. Flames surround the boy's gun and he fires, a fire bullet shoots out from the gun.

The fire woman raises her hand to block the bullet, seeming not to care that the bullet is on fire. When the bullet explodes when it hits her hand, sending the fire woman back.

Before the fanus can fire again, the Bullhead's door closes and flies away. The girl turns to the woman in black and white.

Girl: You're a huntress. Can I have your autograph?

Behind the girl, the boy groans and face-palms.

Guy: Pyr's gonna kill me.

(???'s POV)

The girl and I sit in an interrogation room. Across the table from us is the huntress that helped us deal with that criminal, Roman Torchwick I think his name was. Anyways, we are currently being lectured my said huntress.

Huntress: I hope you realize that your actions tonight will not be taken lightly. You put yourself and others in great danger. 

Girl: They started it!

I just nod in agreement.

Huntress: If it were up to me, you'd be sent home with a pat on the back...

The girl smiles and looks hopeful.

Huntress: ...and a slap on the wrist.

The huntress slams her weapon, a riding crop I think, on the table near the girl's hands. The girl jumps back and holds her hands to her chest. I, on the other hand, don't even flinch. I just give the huntress a 'seriously?' look.

The huntress scowls at me before calming herself.

Huntress: But, there is someone here who would like to meet you.

A man walks in holding a plate of cookies in one hand, and a mug in the other. He has silver hair, brown eyes, glasses, a green and black outfit, and a green scarf with a cross around his neck.

Man: Ruby Rose... you... have silver eyes. And Omni Nikos... such interesting abilities.

Ruby: Um...

Me: What?

Man: So, where did you learn to do this?

The man gestures to the huntress, who is holds a tablet that's playing a video of the battle between Ruby and I and the grunts and Torchwick.

Ruby: Signal Academy.

Me: Sanctum mostly.

Man(to Ruby): They taught you to use one of the most dangerous weapons ever designed?

Ruby: Well, one teacher in particular.

Man(to me): I see... and they taught you how to make those weapons of yours?

Me: Made them myself. My weapons were designed and crafted by me with very little help.

The man turns back to Ruby, placing the plate of cookies in front of her. Ruby, after cautiously eating one, rapidly eats all of the cookies.

Man: It's just that I've only seen one other scythe-wielder of that skill before. A dusty old crow.

Ruby says something incoherent with her mouth full, swallows, and repeats what she said.

Ruby: Sorry, that's my Uncle Crow! He's a teacher at Signal. I was complete garbage before he took me under his wing. And now I'm all like...

Ruby then goes on to imitate random martial arts while making weird noises. I just sigh and shake my head. The man interrupts her before she can do much of it though. He places his mug down as he speaks.

Man: So I've noticed. And what is an adorable little girl and a bright young man such as yourselves doing at a school designed to train warriors?

Ruby: Well... I want to be a Huntress. 

Me: I want become a Huntsman

Man: You want to slay monsters?

Ruby: Yeah. I only have two more years of training left at Signal and then I'm going to apply to Beacon! You see, my sister's starting this year, and she's trying to become a huntress, and I'm trying to become a huntress 'cause I want to help people. My parents always taught us to help others, so I thought, 'I might as well make a career out of it!'

I begin to ignore Ruby's ramblings. I take my turn when she's done.

Me: I want to be the Guardian to others. I want to be the mighty Titan that stands strong before the Darkness. I want to be the wise Warlock that always knows what to do. I want to be the deadly Hunter that protects the people from the shadows.

After a moment of silence.

Man: Do you know who I am?

Ruby: You're Professor Ozpin.

Me: You're the headmaster at Beacon.

Ozpin: Hello.

Ruby: Nice to meet you.

Me: Hi.

Ozpin: You want to come to my school?

Ruby/Me: More than anything.

Ozpin looks over at the Huntress, who sighs and rolls her eyes.

Ozpin: Well okay.

Ruby and my eyes widen. We just got invited into Beacon.

(No one's POV)

Omni and his adopted sister, Pyrrha are standing in a large ship on their way to Beacon.

Pyrrha: Do you have any idea how worried I was!?

Omni: Sorry Pyr.

Pyrrha sighs and hugs her little brother.

Pyrrha: I forgive you. Also, congrats on getting into Beacon!

Omni: Thanks Pyrrha.

The screens around the ship display a news story about the White Fang. Omni sighs.

Omni: I will never understand that group.

Pyrrha places a hand on his shoulder, but before she can say anything, all of the screens change to the image of the huntress that helped Omni and Ruby.

Huntress: Hello, and welcome to Beacon. My name is Glynda Goodwitch.

Omni(mutters): So that's her name.

Glynda: You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy. Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future huntsmen and huntresses, it is you duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage need for such a task, and now, it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world.

With that, Glynda's image faded away. Omni rushed forwards to look out the window.

Omni: Wow, that's a big city. Much different compared to home.

Pyrrha walks to stand next to her brother.

Pyrrha: You'll be fine little brother.

A flash and a strange object appears over Omni's right shoulder.

Archive: Yeah, what Pyrrha said, you'll be fine Guardian.

Omni: Thanks Pyrrha, thanks Archive.

The adopted siblings, plus a Ghost, look out the window together as the airship gets closer to Beacon Academy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 381 7
Among the Rose family siblings, there was Nix Rose the middle sibling... The Rose family ridiculed him and abused him only because he was a Dragon Fa...
22.9K 239 32
Beacon has fallen, Grimm surround it. Team RWBY separated. Ruby now leaves her home with the remnants of team JNPR to travel to Mistral. Ghost leaves...
12K 312 34
After Haven attack the Guardian saved the academy from the Salem plans and Cabal attack. Now that Team RWBY is reunited, but the Guardian lost a memb...
851 1 36
The Uma Musume girls may be doomed by their fates, but that doesn't mean they don't have a second shot at life and a possible chance of starting a br...