The Forgotten Descendants

נכתב על ידי YuiMizu1412

Set in The Lovely Princess universe.Its been two decades after Princess Athanasia's death.Or so the Obelian E... עוד

Prologue
20 years later
The Forgotten Family
The Dead Princess
The Unwanted Royal Summon
Arrival at the Capital
The Choosen Magician
Their First Encounter
The Cursed Emperor
Spoiled Brat of the Empire
The Surrogate Grandmother
Special Part:Birthday
The Uncrowned Empress
From the Consort's Eye
The Same Tragedy
The Eldest's Melancholy
Unveiled Past
Awaited Confrontation

The Captured Rat

8.5K 425 168
נכתב על ידי YuiMizu1412

Outside the Garnet Palace,a white-haired man have just exited the Emperor's office from his audience with the cold ruler.A youthful version of the man walked comfortably besides him.Both of them discussed the details of their meeting with the Emperor casually as they entered the main palace's garden to the exit.However,they encountered someone else amidst their discussion.

Arius smiled politely as he greeted the two members of the imperial family. "Blessings and glory upon the Obelian Empire,Prince Consort Ezekiel.Duke Alpheus."

The duke's face visibly changed and stiffened while his son nodded in acknowledgment at the magician's presence.It already spread far and wide in the empire that 'a young prodigal magician from the east' was able to heal the Emperor all by himself,a feat that even the group of the best magicians of Black Tower can't achieve.The blonde youth managed to gain a massive amount of respect and honour from the Emperor and the entire empire just a few weeks from his first arrival in capital.

That is an achievement that no other nobles could ever achieve if not for their long ancestral line that had serve and contribute to the Obelian Empire in its founding even for Roger himself.

To think that an ordinary commoner could achieved such a high recognition from the imperial family itself is a miracle that occurred once in a century.

"Where are you heading to,Sir Glemt?"Ezekiel questioned the teenager curiously.Ever since Jennette expressed her desire to take the blonde as her own,the young warlock clearly avoided both of them and put more distance than usual.His smile used to be polite and friendly but it became increasingly strained and awkward in the present whenever he has no choice but to greet them.

Arius maintained his smile. "I am heading to attend an invitation from His Majesty.It looks like both the Crown Princess and Prince Consort are quite busy these days and asked me to entertain him during His Majesty's private tea time,"answered the warlock as he silently observed the duke in amusement.

Roger's face contorted slightly at the answer.The Emperor seems to like the youth more than he thought.With the magician often hanging around the Emperor,it will be harder for him to get rid of the younger blonde.

Not to mention,the assassins he send to kill Arius did not return and simply vanished into thin air after the night they supposed to carry out the attempt.It was supposed to be an easy thing to do as Roger knew the insides of the palaces and the schedule of the guards ever since Ezekiel married to Jennette.He himself monitored the rotating shifts of the knights when Jennette needed help to manage the palaces when Claude was laying comatose on the bed.

It went without saying that the warlock's presence is a sharp thorn in his plan to raise in power in the empire.His presence in the Imperial City posed a huge threat to him and Anastacius as Claude is getting better with the youth's help.His alarmingly escalated fame among the nobility and common folk also make it harder to get rid of without triggering any suspicion.

The white-haired imperial consort simply nodded. "Then I supposed I should not stand in your way.Please tell me if there is anything I can help with in the future.You are important to us,afterall." The hidden meaning of Ezekiel's words did not miss Arius as he knew who is 'us' in the consort's sentence.

It certainly did not mean the Emperor.

"Yes.I will certainly take on your offer if necessary.I will excuse myself first,Your Highness,"answered Arius calmly as he intended to resume his way to the Emperor's office.

"Please take care of yourself more,Sir Glemt.Jennette wished to invite you to a tea party in her private garden these few days.I hope you will not worry her if she knew that you are working too hard for the sake of the Emperor's health,"continued Ezekiel confidently at the wizard's back.

A flash of resentment disappeared as soon as it appeared in Arius' eyes as he turned back to face the consort and his father.A fixed smile on his face,he cheerfully replied, "You should take care of yourself better too,Your Highness,"his red eyes glanced at the duke,a knowing smirk pulled on his lips, "since there are quite missing bodies these days."

Roger can feel his hair standing on his neck when the young magician slyly narrowed his eyes at him.For a split second,it seemed that his red eyes sparkled like jewels underneath the shade of the tree as the warlock look meaningfully at the duke.

He didn't move from his spot as he watched Arius' back disappeared between the Garnet Palace's walls.The youth's words kept repeating over and over again in his mind.His red eyes that filled with a knowing look as he glanced explicitly at him.

Did the warlock knew something about the assassination attempts?

***

Lily hummed a happy tune as she walked along the Ruby Palace's halls.Her bright mood did not go unnoticed by other maids.It was rare to see the head maid in a such high spirits ever since the princess' execution 20 years ago much less to see the elegant lady smiling and humming and almost skipping in her steps.

Her coworkers,Hannah and Ces did not miss the opportunity to question their superior when they had the chance.They were one of the closest maids of the late Princess Athanasia before her passing and it would not be bizarre for the three of them to bond quickly for their mutual affections for the blonde princess.Even though they are not as close as Lilian to Athanasia,they were the ones who wish for her to be the most happy during her life.

Ever the noisy one,Hannah quickly cornered the brunette when other maids leave them to continue their other chores. "Headmaid Lilian sure look delighted these days.Is there any good news?Did the York family achieved anything?Or you finally found a man you like?Are you getting married?It's definitely because of a man,isn't it?"inquired the freckled maid excitedly in one breath.

Lily,who was caught off guard by Hannah's explosive questions,can't find her voice to answer the maid.She was just about to check on a room when she and Ces suddenly ambush her at the end of the hallway.Thank goodness that other maids are nowhere in the area at the moment or a senseless gossip might fly around the palace.

Ces,who noticed that the older brunette was flustered by her friend's unending inquiries,sighed at Hannah's eagerness.Pulling back the freckled maid from Lilian by a few steps to allow some space,the headmaid glanced gratefully at her.The violet-haired maid simply nodded at her superior.

"Please pardon her actions,Headmaid Lilian.We were just curious to see you in a very good mood ever since...you know.It might be rude of us to ask you such personal questions but believe us that we are pleased to see you in a high spirits again,"stated Ces as she gazed softly at the blue-eyed maid.

The was never a day Lilian would smile after the day of Princess Athanasia's execution.Her once bright blue eyes seemed to be forever hollow and filled with sorrow.She would lingered almost aimlessly infront of the late princess' bedroom as if expecting for a certain blonde girl to exit from the door and greeted them good morning.The first few months after the princess' death,she and Hannah would listen to Lilian's sobs when they passed her room at night.The brunette used to allow them into her room to discuss about the princess when she was alive but after the girl's passing Lilian kept her room locked from everyone else.As if she was keeping a secret hidden from them.

And they know that Lilian never missed a day to curse the Emperor every night for killing her surrogate daughter.

Lilian's gaze softened as she look at her close coworkers who she already see as her closest friends.They are just being excited to see her smile again.

"It is because of a man."

Hannah squealed out loud at the answer as Ces' eyes widened.In all honesty,they didn't expect that answer to exit Lilian's lips.They always suspected that Lilian has some kind of relationship with the Emperor's righthand,Sir Felix Robane.However,the theory dissipated when the knight resigned from his position and left Lilian behind.When the brunette didn't respond anything at the news that the knight has leave the capital,they guessed that the rumours are untrue.

Lily chuckled at her coworkers' gushing over an imaginary man proposing to her.She didn't deny that a male is the reason for her happiness but it didn't involve any romantic feelings.It was because of the reunion she had with two boys in reality.Not yet a man but no longer a child is the only thing Lily could describe about the teenagers.

There was some maturity in their eyes whenever they talked about their business in the capital but there are bits of childish delight when they spoke about their family.In all honesty,Lily felt sorry for the both of them.The fact that they knew about her meant that the twins knew about their mother's unhappy past and what is their true relationship with the Emperor.Both of them are too young to learn about the dark secrets of the imperial life.To know that their biological grandfather never saw their mother as a daughter,much less to accept them as his descendants.

The adults in their life are selfish people and the young generation has to endure the blame of their elders' greed.The duke's greed to raise in power and Jennette's greed for Claude's love have pushed Athanasia to take an extreme measure to live as a commoner,depriving her children to get the life they deserved to live.Lily herself is a selfish person.She knew better than anyone that the twins risked their lives and position in the palace by reaching out to her.If the imperial family heard about a rumour that the boys are the children of the traitor who tried to kill the Crown Princess years ago,they surely will be killed by the Emperor.

The blue-eyed maid thought about the small owl and fox in her room.The fresh,new letters from the princess hidden safely in her drawer.She and the Glemt family risked a huge chance of being found out with their sneaky acts of exchanging letters.

But Lily could no longer endure the heartache of cutting ties with the family she considered her own anymore.This time she determined to protect Arius and Emrys from the imperial family's clutches.She will not repeat her mistake for letting her dear princess live her life crying in misery again.

She will no longer hesitate to put her life on the  line for her family.

Even if the whole empire will turn it's back to her.

***

Anastacius grumbled out curses as he climbed his way to the top of the Black Tower.A certain room as his destination.

Roger has become insistently annoying lately.Always nagging him for a better way to exploit their plan to steal the throne.Sometimes he contemplated to just kill the head of Alpheus and hog the crown solely for himself.The new magician also prove to be a major pain in the ass for him.

Ever since the young warlock entered the Imperial City,his plans to conquer the crown have alarmingly became haywire.Claude's health visibly improved and the rift between the nobles was resolved as if nothing had happened.It will be easier for him if the power of nobility collapsed during Claude's reign and now he could only bite his fingers as the nobles regained its stability.The bratty magician also surprisingly gained Claude's and the nobles' intense liking not long after his arrival.

At this moment,they almost ran out of options and the numerous assassination attempts ordered by Roger was proven to be futile.The golden-haired man gritted his teeth remembering how much mana he wasted in brainwashing every single of the incompetent assassins.He made a great effort in erasing their memories of meeting Roger and turned them into a killing machine—set to be focused on erasing the warlock as the only thing in their minds.Massive amount of his magic was thrown away to ensure that they can't be traced from the memories of the assassins if they were ever get caught but none of them returned safely to the Alpheus mansion to report the good news and the duke would learn that the warlock is still happily living and kicking in the Sapphire Palace.

The former Emperor snapped back to reality when he arrived at his destination.The room might be guarded with several ancient spells that only the Magician of the Black Tower can open but black magic often has the advantages that ordinary magic doesn't have.Gathering the dark energy in his hand,the door easily opened for him once his palm came in contact with the sturdy wood.He didn't fear that the owner of the room will suddenly appeared.The powerful mana of the most talented magician in the continent that used to be present in the room disappeared out of the blue about 20 years ago and he had simply assumed that the warlock had died from his very old age.

Stepping into the room,Anastacius don't bother to look around the room as usual and immediately strides to the lone shelf at the corner of the room where there is some space between the wall that can fit a body.His hands roamed the wall searching for the loophole he made on the security spells the last time he went into the hidden space of the chamber.

It was simply hell for him when he managed to break some of its defence system.The magic guarding the space strained heavily on his physical body the moment he entered the secret chamber.All of the mana is pulling and sucking him out and he felt as if an elephant is sitting on him.He had staggered around the room, breaking a couple of apparatus while he struggled to maintain his physical form and searched for the spell he needed.Blood is pouring out from between his lips when the horrifying mana crushed his internal organs,determined to kill the trespasser.When he found what he was looking for he had quickly teleported away,not bothering to clean up his mess.

Now he was stunned to see the hidden chamber once again completely locked with more powerful security spells.Promising a bleak and bloody future for those who wished to intrude and he finally struck with a realisation.The loophole he made is gone and that means that someone else had came and strengthened the security for once and for all.

A sudden dread filled his chest as wind blew from the open window.He can felt a bizarre chill in his spine and it certainly didn't come from the chilly night breezes.

Someone else is in the room.

He never experienced fear this intense throughout his entire life.He was never afraid of his father,who once dubbed as one of the coldest emperor in history and he certainly didn't fear Claude,even on the night his younger brother successfully revolted against him.He wasn't even terrified during his brief encounter with Death itself.

He cautiously walked to the main area of the room where shelves of books leaned against the wall.Moonlight streamed into the room through the huge open window but a large shadow can be seen on the floor disturbing the enchanting view of the silver rock in the sky.

A cloaked figure leaned against the window,his stature relaxed and casual as he sit on the edge.Anastacius silently observed the heavily hooded person.He can't see the person's face but by his body structure the blonde man deduced that this figure is man and probably in his late teens.

"It took you long enough to come here,"stated the youthful voice. "I thought with the ridiculous amount of mana you spend to guard the Alpheus mansion and turning people into zombies you would come alot more sooner.I have waited for a quite long time,you know?"

Anastacius hid his tremors with a chuckle. "My apologies.I have to listen to a dog's relentless barking before I could come here undisturbed.Now that I am here I could not collect what I wanted.You are the one who closed off the the hidden space I assumed?"

The figure tilted his head innocently. "Yes,I am.Is there a problem with it?"

The blonde felt his anger escalated quickly.With his pathetic amount of mana right now he can't possibly made another hole in the spells much less break it off completely.His time is running out to refill his mana again and maintaining his physical body is proving to be more difficult than he expected.He would totally pissed off if he had to wait another 20 years for his revenge.

"Then may I ask you to undo those spells?It was crucial for me to gain something I needed from the room,"requested—no,ordered Anastacius calmly.He will not beg even with his life on the line.The centuries of imperial pride in his blood didn't allow him to do so.

A mocking snicker can be heard from the hooded figure. "To think that a former member  of the imperial family could not break spells as simple as that.But it doesn't really confusing, isn't it?The fact that you lost to the crippled illegitimate heir and had to use underhanded tricks such as black magic and forbidden spells to stay alive.Taking refuge in another's home uninvited away from the palace just like a rat."

"You have fallen far to the ditch more than I expected,Your Majesty."

The blue jewelled eyes man finally snapped.Thrusting his finger at the figure in anger,he muttered the most terrible curse to befall the cocky bastard.However,the moment he released his mana crimson liquid dripped from his mouth as a heavy weight forced him to drop to his knees.A magic circle finally appeared on the floor,brightly glowing blue light as if mocking him.

This is the trait of the blue imperial magic.

The figure trotted leisurely to the kneeling man and squatted to the man's sight.Careful to make sure that the cloak didn't come in contact with increasing blood on the floor. "I suggest you don't do anymore spells,Your Majesty.This is an ancient magic circle where whoever in its perimeter are not allowed to release any mana or the same amount of it will turn back to you."

The older man breathe heavily on the floor as he glared at the figure. "You are such a bastard."

The youth chuckled, "I take after my dad a lot."Then he sighed, "But it also means that I can't do anything either.So I will use this to make sure you can't escape."

The unknown man pulled out two green balls the size of this thumb from his cloak and leisurely put it on the blonde's pocket.The youth grabbed Anastacius' back collar and forcefully pull him onto his feet.

Enraged by the figure's actions who treated him like trash,the blonde once again tried to attack him with the most miniscule but deadly mana.The circle immediately reacted as thorny vines emerged from his pockets and quickly pulled the blonde into a painful embrace.

"W-what?What the hell did you put in those balls?"

"It was a magic tool actually.Thorny vines will wrap around you the moment mana touched them no matter how much the amount you released.It also will try to suck your mana dry.Please be more thoughtful when you want to release mana next time.My sisters are the ones who invented it and it still in experimental stage.You should be proud to be the first one to experience it,"explained the youth cheerfully.

"Now the only one thing to do is to deliver you to the Emperor himself.How would he react if the brother he assumed dead is actually still alive?"inquired the figure curiously as he pulled back his hood.Anastacius' eyes widen in shock.

"Your eyes—!"

Before the former Emperor could finish his sentence,he found himself completely frozen in a huge block of ice.His eyes gazed in anger at the youth.The magic circle on the floor finally disappeared and the figure sighed in relief.He looked at the culprit in annoyance.

"You stole my fun to see his reaction,Arius," Emrys complained at the new arrival behind the ice sculpture.His eyes glaring daggers at his twin.

"You take alot of time,you idiot,"replied Arius as he make his way to his brother's side.

Anastacius' eyes widened in shock at the smirking blue jewel eyes twins infront of him.Their smiles openly mocking the pathetic undead.

"The Emperor's reaction will be very interesting,isn't it?"

***

Author's note:Hello everyone!It was quite a long time,isn't it?Hahaha😁This story is going to end in a couple of chapters(I don't exactly determine the amount yet) so please look forward to it!

What will happen next?Do you guys have any idea?Comment your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

3.3K 211 14
Claude de Alger obelia.. A businessman whom everyone respect and fear.. He is righteous and Unbending.. He won't spare anyone who makes mistakes an...
78.1K 2.9K 41
A wmmap fanfic . What if Athanasia wasn't the only royal child ? What if another princess was born before her to the Emperor and Empress ? She who w...
6.5K 209 14
This is a fanfic!! I do not own wmmap!! In this story Claude has 3 sons already and then has twin girls with Diana. Both girls are reincarnated and r...
56.6K 1.7K 24
I'm tired. I did my best, no one acknowledged me. It seems to be hell wherever I go or do. I died and reincarnated. When can I stop acting? "END MY M...