This Could End

By kissmyredlips

The S #4 Kaia Persephone Ziegler is an actress, not just by profession but also in real life. After all, she... More

Prelude
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter One

54.4K 1.4K 381
By kissmyredlips

I remained rooted at the spot beside the big ceramic plant pot. My eyes never left the two figures that stood across the hallway.

They looked so passionate as they stared at each other. Their eyes glowed softly with affection. A small shy smile was painted on the girl's lips and he smiled back at her.

My face gradually contorted from reflecting shock and disbelief to irrefutable pain. I let my eyes speak for my feelings. I gathered all of my darkest emotions and let it build in my chest. I bit my lip and the tears successfully escaped my eyes and dropped on my cheeks.

Hinayaan ko na muna ang ilang pagpatak ng mga luha bago pinunasan ang pisngi. I swallowed hard and turned my back before gracefully exiting the scene.

"Cut!" the director announced. She clapped her hands. "Good take."

I smiled and wiped the remnants of the tears on my cheek. "Thanks po, Direk."

"Ready for next sequence," she announced and everyone hustled.

Sinalubong ako ni Emma at sinabayan ako sa paglalakad. She handed me some tissue and my water bottle. I wiped my cheeks before giving back the issue to her. Maagap niya naman tinanggap 'yon. I sipped some water as I continued heading back to my designated standby area. Ngumingiti lang sa nakakasalubong na bumabati.

A perk of having a lead role, they let me have a room for myself. It's a big room that has two doors, kaya nilagyan lang ng temporary divider sa gitna. The male lead, Rowan, ovcupied the other half.

My road manager and makeup artist lounged at my room. Mukha silang masayang nagdadaldalan at napahinto lang nang pumasok kami ng kwarto.

"I want to rest," I announced and handed back my water bottle to my assistant. Tumayo sila sa couch at agad na lumipat sa vacant chairs. My makeup artist chose to sit on the beauty chair in front of the vanity mirror. Darcy sat on the guest chair right across the sofa.

"May one hour break ka nga pala," Jai noted as she twisted the beauty chair to face my direction.

Huminto ako malapit sa sofa. I kicked off my high heels and changed into the comfortable slippers. I didn't have to ask Emma. She helped me unzip the dress that I was wearing. Naghubad ako at hinayaan 'yon bumagsak sa sahig.

I was left in my underwear but I didn't bat an eye. Sanay na akong magpakita ng balat at sanay na rin sila sa akin na bigla na lang naghuhubad. They've been with me for four years now.

"Lunch, Seph?" Darcy asked ang readied her phone, in case na magpa-order na ako.

"I just wanna take a nap," sagot ko nang hindi sila tinatapunan ng tingin. I picked up the neatly folded violet over-sized tracksuit. Iyon ang isinuot ko. "You can eat out if you want. Just wake me up at 1:40. I'll read lines."

I only had four hours of sleep. 12 na nang makauwi ako sa condo dahil late natapos ang shooting para sa bago kong commercial. I had to wake up at 5AM today because 6AM ang call time. Wala pang pahinga dahil tuloy-tuloy ang sequences ko. The only thing that kept me awake is caffeine.

Pagod na umupo ako sa couch at inayos ang unan.

"Pa-deliver ako ng sushi?" tanong ni Emma.

Now that made my mouth water a bit. I can't say no to sushi. It's my favorite. I pursed my lips. "Sige. I'll eat pagkagising ko."

Napatawa si Emma at tumango. They bid their goodbyes and I just nodded before finding a comfortable position.

It wasn't completely peaceful when they left because of the thin divider. Muffled voices from the people on the other side of the room were escaping from the wooden board. I closed my eyes and ignored the noise.

Years of being in the industry and long hours in tapings, I've mastered the art of falling asleep in noisy and crowded settings. I even know how to fall asleep in a chair. Even with a number of cameras pointed at me.

A knock blared from the door. I remained still with my eyes closed. Ilang katok pa ang nanggaling mula roon hanggang bumukas ang pinto.

"Seph?" I heard Rowan's familiar voice.

I'm guessing he clearly saw me lying down the sofa with my eyes closed. He should have made a conclusion that I was sleeping. Kailangan pa talagang tawagin ang pangalan ko?

I heavily sighed and opened my eyes. Matalim ko siyang tinapunan ng tingin. "I'm sleeping."

He was still wearing his outfit from earlier. The hesitance in his face changed into a big smile. "Hindi ka naman tulog."

"I was going to sleep," I snarked and faced the ceiling. Ipinikit ko ang mga mata para bumalik sa planong pagtulog.

"Sungit," he replied. "I brought sushi."

My eyes fluttered open. Why is everyone yielding that word to me like a weapon?

Humalakhak si Rowan dahil alam niya na hindi ako papalag kapag sushi ang usapan. I let out a sigh of resignation and sat up.

"Fine," I grumbled.

Rowan snickered and got inside my room. He closed the door behind him and pulled one of the chairs by the wall. Nilapit niya 'yon sa sofa para pagpatungan ng dala niyang pagkain. He comfortably sat on the sofa.

I raised my legs to do an indian sit. I crossed my arms over my chest and let him set up the food. He got rid of the plastic. Pinagbagsak niya lang 'yon sa sahig.

He handed me the chopsticks. Kumuha rin siya ng kanya. Tinanggap ko 'yon at nauna na akong kumuha ng uramaki. I happily smiled before popping it whole in my mouth.

Nawala na ang antok ko at masayang ngumuya. I glanced at Rowan. He was watching me with amusement.

I've known Rowan since we were kids. Pareho kaming child star at lumaki na sa mundo ng showbiz. It's our first time to be paired in a TV series though. Apparently, people shipped us during our individual guesting a variety show last year.

The Philippines buzzed at how gentleman and sweet Rowan was 'cos he comforted me when I cried because I was scared of insects, which was part of our challenge.

Now our agencies want to take advantage of our hype and produced a TV series about a rich brat and a hardworking probinsyano who'll switch status in the future.

I flashed him a cute smile. "Thank you."

I brought my attention back to the food. Kumuha ulit ako at isinubo kahit na may laman pa ang bibig. I wiggled my upper a body a bit in excitement.

Tumawa si Rowan at nakikuha na rin ng maki. "I've known you for years and I'm still not used to how moody you are."

I know about that trait of mine, but it's not like I can control it. It just naturally happens. I'll be a real snob and end up regretting it after. I'm nice and friendly din naman most of the time.

I just shrugged and ate quietly,

"Pupunta ka sa party ni Asia this Saturday?" he asked with his mouth full.

"I don't want to," I honestly answered.

If this was someone else, I'd have to sugarcoat my answer to avoid being in the tabloid on the next day or trending on social media. May tiwala ako kay Rowan. He's part of my safespace in showbiz.

"Me, too. Gusto ko magpahinga. Hectic ng sched natin." He heavily sighed. "No one will bat an eye if I don't come, but the Anti-Kaia will probably come for you if you don't though."

I snorted. "I'm sure they'll still find a way to make my life a living hell even if I attend the party—probably accuse me of stealing the scene from the birthday girl."

"True. People will always have something bad to say about you," he noted. "It's a good thing you're immune to that now."

Am I really? I don't think I am. I just learned to avoid them out most of the time. I still get hurt when I read nasty comments, so to avoid it, I mute or block. Or ask my PA to do it for me.

I can still remember that one time when I got bashed for refusing to take a photo with someone, because I was dead tired and wasn't feeling well. It felt like the whole world was against me for days. Sinasabi na lumalaki na raw ang ulo ko. I was only seventeen then. I cried so hard during that period.

"Bakit ba kayo pinag-aaway ng mga tao? You guys are close."

I just shrugged at that. Asia's one of my few closest friends in showbiz. I met her in one of my movies when I was fifteen. She got casted as a supporting cast. She's talented and she hass a fun personality. Madali ko siyang nagustuhan.

Naging close kami simula noon kaya kapag mag bago akong project, I'll always request for her. That's also a perk of being a big star.

She's slowly getting recognized and her fanbase is growing. She became the antagonist in a top-grosser movie last year. That boosted her popularity. Kaya nga ngayon ay tinanggihan niya ang alok ko na sumama sa teleserye na 'to. She said she's hoping to snag a lead role this year.

Four months ago, a blind item sparked that a big shot it girl, being me, got declined by a rising starlet, being Asia. The media twisted the story and said that my intention was to keep Asia in my shadow.

Everyone instantly concluded that it was me and Asia. Lalo na nang nag-presscon kami para sa bagong series, just a week after that issue. Our presscon ended up trending.

We don't know who started that rumor. Pati si Asia ay nag-apologize sa akin. The issue didn't bother me. After all, bad publicity is still good publicity.

So now my haters are claiming that I secretly loathe Asia and that I'm threatened that she'll steal the crown from me—the Asia's Sweetheart.

"Kunin mo nga yung script doon." I pointed at the vanity table. "Let's just read lines."

"Okay, Ma'am," he quipped like a soldier. Tumayo siya agad para sundin ang gusto ko.

Umalis din si Rowan nang bumalik na ang team ko mula sa lunch break. Hindi na ako nakatulog. I just brushed my teeth and prepared to be called.

Hanggang eight lang ako ngayong araw pero hindi pa rin ako makakauwi dahil may dinner pa akong pupuntahan. It's a formal restaurant, so I changed into a white backless short dress. As for my hair, it's already curled because of the shoot kaya hindi na kailangan ayusan.

I didn't take the company car. I had my driver bring my Range Rover. Hinatid lang ako nila Emma at Darcy sa sasakyan. Hindi na sila sumama sa akin.

I was already twenty minutes late. I can only imagine the cold remarks that I'll get from my father if we were the only one in this dinner.

I ignored the looks that I received when I reached the lobby of the hotel. Ngumiti lang ako sa mga bumati sa akin. I walked straight to the famous restaurant of this establishment.

The attendant outside the restaurant looked so flustered when she saw me. Alam ko na agad na fan ito. She successfully composed herself though.

"Good evening, Ms Kaia," she greeted. "Do you have a reservation?"

"I'm joining the table of Ziegler and Alvarez," I politely answered.

"Oh!" she reacted. Her eyes widened. Kinagat niya ang labi at mukhang pinipigilan ang kilig. "Alright, Ma'am."

Bumaling siya sa lalaking naghihintay sa tapat ng pinto na kanina pa nakatitig sa akin.

"Enz, table nine," she told the guy.

"T-This way, Ma'am." He opened the door for me. Nagpasalamat ako bago pumasok.

Sinundan ko ang lalaki patungo sa table nine. I've been here a few times but this restaurant is really fancy. The interior looks nice and the high ceiling made it look like a royalty ballroom.

I spotted the crowd that I'll be joining. I mentally sighed for the nth time as we approached the table. When they noticed my arrival, I orchestrated a smile and wore my character for tonight.

"Good evening po, I'm sorry I'm late," I made sure to sound so regretful.

Una akong lumapit sa mga magulang para humalik. My sweet mother greeted me gracefully. Meanwhile, my father looked so disappointed and stiff. Mukhang gusto akong pagalitan pero walang magawa dahil may kasama kami ngayong gabi.

"Good evening po, Tito and Tita," I greeted the Alvarez next. Humalik din sa mga pisngi nila. Halos mapunit na ang pisngi ko sa ginagawang pagngiti.

"It's okay, iha. We know na galing kang taping." Governor Gerardo heartily laughed.

I smiled at him. Huli akong lumapit kay Giovann Daniel Alvarez. My boyfriend of one year. Nakatayo na siya at nakatingin lang sa akin. It looks like he was waiting for me to spare him my attention.

I wanted to grimace so bad but I didn't receive a best actress award for nothing. I sweetly smiled and stepped closer to kiss him on the cheek. "Hi baby."

Giovann's face softened at that. "Hey."

Niyakap niya ako bago ako inalalayan sa pag-upo. I kept my smile as we got settled in. My father signalled one of the server. May lumapit agad para ayusin ang plate at utensils sa harap ko.

"How was your day, Kaia?" Tita Bridgette asked.

I was the topic for a while. Sunod ay naging topic si Giovann at ang business plan nito. I didn't listen that much 'cos I don't really care.

Giovann and I dated last year when my father decided to run for vice governor next year. Giovann is the only son of the Governor of Cavite. They didn't say it in words, but I know they asked us to be together to make use of my celebrity status and increase their popularity.

And because I'm the daughter of Zeus Anthony Ziegler, I can't say no. I have to do my father's biddings or else.

"It's time for dessert. Don't you think?" panguna ni Papa. Sumang-ayon naman ang lahat. We were served ice cream.

"The best way to eat ice cream is letting it melt in your mouth," Tita Bridgette shared. Nasa akin ang mga mata niya nang sabihin 'yon. Giovann cleared his throat.

Nakangiting tumango ako at muling sumubo ng ice cream. This time, I indulged with what she wants and let it melt—what the fuck?

I felt a metal on my mouth. Agad ko 'yon iniluwa sa aking palad at nanlaki ang mga mata nang makita ang isang diamond ring.

"Oh my God!" Gio's mother joyfully reacted.

"Son, are you—" si Governor naman ang nagsalita.

Lumingon ako kay Giovann. He was already standing up. Itinulak niya ang upuan. I can see the slight fear and nervousness in his eyes as he went on one knee.

"Kaia, I know we we've only been together for a year but what I feel for you is immeasurable by time. I love you more than the sun loves the sky." His eyes remained on my face the whole time. Hawak ko pa rin sa isang kamay ang singsing sa isang kamay.

I think a light flashed from my peripheral but I couldn't look away from him. My jaw clenched.

"Kaia Persphone Ziegler, will you marry me?" buong loob niya ng tanong.

Kumuyom ang mga kamao ko. This dinner was set up by my father. They all knew about the proposal. I was ambushed. In public. Fuck.

Nilingon ko sila. The Alvarez looked happy and expectant as they watched us. My mother's face was plastered with a sad smile. Huli akong tumingin kay Papa na may striktong mukha. Tumango siya sa akin. He wants me to say yes.

Pumikit ako nang mariin. I felt a hole drilling in the middle of my chest. I wanted to cry not because I'm happy or sad, but because I'm angry. I'm so angry. I want to explode right there and then... but I can't. I have no choice.

Idinilat ko ang mga mata. My eyes were blurry from the pent up tears and outsiders can mistake it as tears of joy.

You're a good actress, Kaia. Smile. My lips slowly lifted into a big smile. I enthusiastically nodded.

"Yes."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ni Giovann at matapos ay binalot ng saya ang kanyang mukha. Even our parents were so elated. Pumalakpak ito at nagtawanan.

He reached for the ring from me. He wiped it with a small handkerchief. Pinanuod ko siyang ipasok ito sa daliri ko at wala akong nagawa. The camera flashes came again.

Tumayo siya. He cupped my cheeks and placed a chaste kiss on my lips and then my forehead.

"Thank you, Kaia. Thank you so much," he said.

Our parents were so excited as they talked of wedding and plans. Meanwhile, I couldn't breathe. I feel so suffocated. The ring on my finger felt like a hand gripping around my neck. I want to go home and be alone. Damn it.

I quickly fired up a text to Kuya Victor that I'll be outside in fifteen minutes. Itinago ko ang phone sa purse at bumaling sa aking katabi.

"Gio, pwede mo akong samahan?" aya ko sa kanya.

"Where? Okay," agap niyang pagpayag kahit wala pang sagot sa tanong niya.

"We'll head first," paalam ni Gio. Tumayo na ito. Napatingin sa amin ang mga matatanda.

"That's okay. You sweethearts need some alone time," Tita Bridgette teased. I faked a short laugh.

Nagpaalam kami at mabilis akong naglakad paalis ng restaurant. Halos kaladkadin mo paalis si Gio. I couldn't ignore the stares from the people. Of course. We just put on a freaking show of a marriage proposal.

I'm sure that if I checked my phone now, I'm already trending on social media and shit, reporters will probably be coming in this hotel soon. I have to move fast.

Nang nasa elevator na ay binitawan ko ang kamay ni Gio. I was itching to slap him for the betrayal but I remembered the camera at the elevator of this hotel. Of course.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I gritted the words through my teeth. Gustong-gusto kong sumabog pero pinipigilan ko lang.

Giovann's face softened with remorse. He bit his lip. "Kaninang tanghali lang ako sinabihan ni Dad at ng Papa mo."

"You should have told me! You trapped me, Gio!" I snapped.

"Nautusan lang ako, Kaia," he reasoned out.

I scoffed. "Nautusan? Ginusto mo rin!"

His eyes closed tightly. He looked like he was suffering internally. "You know how I feel about you."

"And you know how I feel about you," I sharply replied, not an ounce of guilt. His face contorted in pain, like I've slapped him.

"I'm going home alone. Bahala kang lumusot." The elevator stopped at the ground floor. Humarap ako sa pinto at pinanuod 'yon na bumukas. "Don't even think of following me or there will be a scene."

Hindi ko na siya tinapunan ng tingin at lumabas ng elevator. Deretso lang ang tingin ko. I don't want eye contact and I can't afford to exchange niceties right now when I'm feeling extremely violent.

Pagkalabas ng hotel ay nakahinto na ang itim na Range Rover ko sa tapat. My jaw was still clenched as I opened the car door.

"I wanna go home, Kuya," I ordered and leaned my head back. Ipinikit ko ang mga mata para pigilan ang sarili sa pag-iyak.

"Excuse me?" a deep voice asked. It sent a shiver down my spine. Wait... That's not...

Idinilat ko ang mga mata at tiningnan ang driver's seat. My eyes widened when I saw a different man and not Kuya Victor.

"Sino ka?!" I burst out. "What are you doing in my car?"

"Me?" He deviously chuckled. "What are you doing in my car? Ikaw 'tong biglang pumasok."

Umuwang ang mga labi ko. The realization sank in. I didn't check the plate number pero hindi lang naman ako ang may karapatan na magkaroon ng ganitong sasakyan.

My face heated. Nakatingin pa rin siya sa akin at malokong nakangiti. Even in the poor lighting, his bright and perfect set of teeth was beaming.

I bit my lip. Hindi ako sumagot at dahan-dahan na inabot ang pinto. Without a word, I opened the car. Lalabas na sana pero natigilan nang makita ang isang pamilyar na paparazzi malapit sa entrance ng hotel.

"Shit!" I closed the door and slid my body down to conceal myself from the window. Tinakpan ko pa ang mukha ko gamit ang isang kamay.

"Please get me out of here," I instructed. He seemed weirded out as he gawked at me from the frontseat.

"I'm waiting for someone-"

I scowled at him. "Just drive!"

His eyebrows raised in surprise. His lips parted briefly, Umayos siya ng upo at umubo. "Sabi ko nga."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8M 130K 53
[ARDENT SERIES #3} I loved him but being with him was very lethal. It may not kill me physically, but it was killing me emotionally. Our relationship...
66.4K 1.2K 33
Daffney Levanidez wasn't interested in dating guys not until the night she met Darlin Francisco, the guy that would turn out to be her first love. DU...
1.8M 54.3K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...
1.1K 106 25
If there's anything that Beatrize Garcia wants in life is to accomplish her goals. Living in a poor life lets her realize how hard work and efforts w...