Bullied By Luke Hemmings.

By NiallHoransPerfect

Being told that you have to tutor your bully never really sounds good. When Caitlyn is told she has to tutor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 37

268K 6.5K 7.8K
By NiallHoransPerfect

Caitlyn's POV:

I woke up the next morning and went back to school like I said I would. I was still feeling worried about Calum and Michael, but I knew that Luke would protect me and make sure that nothing happened to me. Throughout the whole day of school, I hadn't seen them once. However, the lesson before lunch was English, and Calum was in my class.

After being let out of my science class early, I was standing outside my English class waiting to go in and sit down. Normally I wouldn't mind English so much because when Jasmine moved to our school she was put in our class, but she isn't in school because she has the flu, so I'm all alone. Suddenly, I felt hands on my shoulders and I literally jumped out of my skin.

"It's only me, calm down." Luke said, laughing. He reached out his hand and brushed a finger under my eye, probably getting something off of my face.

"You really scared me; I thought that you were Calum or something." I told him, after looking around and checking that Calum wasn't near us.

"No, just me. I still haven't seen them around today, maybe they're not in." Luke told me. I stood leaning against the wall and he moved his hand out, resting it on the wall next to me.

"I doubt that." I replied, shaking my head. Calum and Michael are always in school, they barely ever have time off. If they're not in school, it's mostly when they leave school at lunch and skip the rest of the day.

Luke stood outside my class and waited with me before I had to go in, and just as my teacher called us inside, Calum appeared from the end of the corridor. Luke looked in the same direction that I was looking and sighed. When Calum was closer, Luke stared at him and gave him a dirty look before looking back at me.

"I'll meet you at lunch, okay?" he said, squeezing my hand.

I nodded my head and smiled at him before walking into my classroom. I sat down in my seat in the middle row, next to the window. A boy with long greasy hair sits next to me, but he doesn't really talk much so I don't really mind.

Our teacher started talking about our class project that she would be assigning us today. Last lesson, she had told us that we would probably be working with the person who we sit next to because she doesn't like us picking our partners because we would never get our work done. As I listened to her speak, I got more and more nervous when she told us that she had picked our partners instead.

"I put people together who I don't really see talking that much, that way you can get to know each other and do the project without getting too distracted because you're paired up with friends." she explained, walking over and sitting down at her desk.

I sat and chewed on my already short nails as I waited for her to find the list of partners on her laptop. When she got the list up, she went through everyone, and it seemed as though I was at the bottom of the list. When Jasmine's name was called, I crossed my fingers under the table and hoped that I would be her partner, but the boy sitting next to me was paired with her.

"Caitlyn, you're with Calum." she told us, before continuing to read her list. 

My hands started sweating, and I didn't even know how to react. I nervously looked over at Calum who was sitting there smirking. He saw me looking at him and sent me a sarcastic smile and wave, making me even more worried.

Somehow I got through the rest of the lesson without crying or something. As soon as I saw Luke standing outside the classroom waiting for me, I started to feel all upset. Luke looked into the room and his eyes met mine. I saw him frown slightly, and then our teacher finally told us that we could leave.

I hurried to pick up my bag and to just get out of here as soon as I could. When I finally left the classroom, Calum was talking to Luke outside. Luke stared at him, a frown on his face the whole time. When I got there and stood next to Luke, Calum turned to me and gave me another sarcastic smile and wave before walking away.

"What the fuck?" Luke asked, turning to me.

"What did he say?" I asked him, getting confused.

"He can't be your English partner, no. He can't be your partner." Luke said, repeating his words and still frowning.

"I don't want him to be my partner either, but there's nothing that we can do about it." I told him, picking at my nails.

Without saying anything, Luke walked into my English class. I stood outside, my eyes widening slightly. I didn't want my teacher to think that I made him say anything to her if he said anything bad. I just watched them both from outside the classroom door, chewing on my lip nervously.

"Can I help you?" my teacher asked him, crossing one leg over the other and turning to face Luke.

"Yeah, you could change Caitlyn's partner for the project." Luke said, tapping his foot and pushing his hair up, something that he does all the time.

"I'm sorry, but you're not even in my class. You have no say in who is paired with who, and neither do the students that I actually teach, unless there is a big problem between the pair." my teacher told him. She's quite strict anyway, and after this she'll probably hate me.

"There is a big problem." Luke replied, talking quickly. I could see that he was starting to get quite angry, and it was worrying me.

After thinking about what Luke had said, I got even more worried. All my life I had put up with being bullied, and I hadn't told anybody. I didn't want to tell anybody because then I would be called a snitch and I thought that it would only make things worse. If Luke tells her about Calum and Michael bullying me, then they'll find out and just make it even worse for me.

"So what is the problem?" she asked him, sitting up and bit and then crossing her legs again.

Luke stood silently for a while, and I couldn't see his face. His back was facing me, and I had no idea what he was doing. All I wanted was for him to get out of here so that we could go outside away from everyone, but instead he's arguing with my teacher.

"Well?" she asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"You- you just need to change their partners, okay?" Luke told her. I knew that Luke wouldn't end up telling her that they bully me, he knew what would happen. Luke wasn't a snitch either.

"Are you trying to tell me what to do?" she asked him. I could see that she was getting angry now too, and I leaned against the wall and let out a sigh. I didn't want to walk in there and pull him out because then she would end up asking me why he wanted her to change my partner.

"I am. You just need to change them. I don't want to get angry. Please." Luke said, tugging at his hair.

"No. I won't change them unless there is a valid reason. Now if you wouldn't mind leaving my class so I can get on with my work." she replied, turning away from him and facing her laptop.

"Change the fucking partners! I don't want him working with her! Just fucking listen to me!" Luke said, his voice raised. He slammed his hand down on her desk, making coffee spill from her mug.

"Do not talk to me like that!" she responded, her voice raised as well.

"Luke." I squeaked from the door, trying to call him over.

"You're not the fucking Queen, just because you work in this school and I attend it doesn't mean that I have to treat you any differently than I would anybody else." Luke told her, ignoring me and shaking his head.

"Stop using that language with me, and get out of my class. I'll be contacting the head teacher about this." she told him. They started to stare at each other, both being stubborn.

"Luke." I said again. He sighed, finally turning to look at me. He looked back at my teacher again before turning around.

"Bitch." he said, loud enough for her to hear. I tugged on his arm and pulled him away from the classroom.

When we were outside where we normally stay, I sat down and leaned against the tree, keeping silent. Luke walked around, talking about how angry he was.

"Seriously Luke. Sit the fuck down. What the hell was that? You don't even realise how embarrassed I am right now! I have English every day, and she is my teacher! I'm going to see her every day, and I'll have to deal with what you just did to me!" I said, suddenly exploding.

"Well I'm sorry for trying to help you Caitlyn." Luke replied, sounding angry too.

"Shouting and swearing at her doesn't help at all Luke! If you really wanted to help, then you could have helped me come up with something to say to her myself! Instead you went in there shouting at her, and now she's never going to change her mind!" I told him, resting my head in my hands.

"She wouldn't have listened anyway Caitlyn!" Luke told me, pulling my head out of my hands.

"So you shouted at her? That doesn't help it either! It's so embarrassing Luke, why couldn't you let me deal with my own problem?" I asked him, frowning.

Luke stared at me for a while before shaking his head and storming away. I rubbed my hand over my face and chewed on my lip, trying to hold in all of the tears that have been building up over the past hour. One slipped out and then they all did, and I buried my head into my hands. At the end of lunch, I managed to console myself and go to my last lesson.

_______________________

When school finished, I didn't wait for Luke outside the gates. After he had walked away at lunch I hadn't seen him since and I didn't think that he would be giving me a lift home. As I thought Luke was driving my home, I didn't have any money for the bus, so I had to walk home.

After walking for a few minutes, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around, expecting to see Luke. Instead, I saw Ashton making his way towards me.

"Why are you walking?" he asked me when he was next to me. We continued to walk as we spoke.

"I don't have bus money and I'm not getting a lift from Luke." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Are you and Luke okay now?" Ashton asked me. The last thing that Ashton knew was when I went to his house crying over Luke because Brooke was texting him lies.

"Yeah, we're okay." I told him, nodding my head.

"So why are you walking home then? You're always with him at the end of school." Ashton asked me, turning to face me as we walked.

"We just had a little argument earlier, it was stupid really." I told him, shrugging it off.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked me, his voice soft.

"No, like I said, it was just a stupid argument. It'll be alright soon." I told him, trying to change the subject.

Ashton just put his mouth into a line and nodded his head as if to show that he wouldn't ask me anymore about it. He didn't either; we completely changed the subject and spoke about different things.

"Do you want to come to my house? I'll drive you home from there; your house is a longer walk home than mine is." Ashton offered, an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah okay, sure." I replied, nodding my head.

___________________________

After an hour at Ashton's house, just as he was about to make me play just dance with him, my phone started ringing. Ashton looked at me and rolled his eyes, pointing at the TV where he was selecting a song. I smiled and shook my head, looking at my phone screen to see who it was. I saw Luke's name appear, and I quickly answered, walking into Ashton's kitchen.

"Hello?" I answered, leaning against Ashton's kitchen counters.

"Where are you?" Luke asked straight away.

"At Ashton's house, why?" I asked him, mouthing at Ashton to go away when he came into the kitchen and stood in the doorway, waving the wii remote at me.

"I'm at your house, but never mind." Luke said. I could hear that he was about to hang up the phone.

"Wait! Wait Luke, why are you at my house?" I asked him quickly before he could hang up. Luke sighed into the phone before replying.

"I wanted to see you, obviously. Look, I wanted to apologise for embarrassing you and reacting like that with your teacher. I know that it won't really be very good for you now as well as me. That bitch did talk to the head teacher, but anyway, I just wanted to apologise." he told me. I could hear a car engine start up in the background.

"I'm sorry for moaning at you. I'll come home now, if you want me to." I told him. It's impossible to stay mad at Luke; he always does cute things that automatically make you forgive him.

"No, it's fine. I'll see you tomorrow when I pick you up." he told me, before we both said bye and put down the phone.

After putting my phone back into my pocket, I walked back into the living room where Ashton was still waiting and picked up a wii remote. The next few hours were spent dancing and laughing, and then eating before Ashton drove me home like he said he would.

__________________

When I woke up, I lazily got ready for school, brushing my teeth and then throwing on some jeans and a top. I did my makeup and pulled on some shoes and then tied a bit of my hair up and left the rest down before I picked up my bag and walked downstairs.

Not long after I went downstairs to wait for Luke to pick me up, he was knocking on the door. I called goodbye to my mum and dad, and my sister if she was listening, and then opened the door and walked outside.

After walking outside, Luke smiled at me and pressed a quick kiss to my lips. His arms snaked around my waist and I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck, burying my head into his shoulder.

"I'll sort out the Calum thing, don't worry." Luke said, playing with the bit of my hair that was tied up.

"No thanks." I replied, laughing. We walked to his car and got in, sitting down before continuing the conversation.

"No, not to your teacher, I'll talk to him." he told me, laughing a bit as he started up the car.

"What is talking to him going to do about it? Calum can't sort anything out." I replied, shaking my head.

"I think that you will just have to do the project with him, but you can do it at my house with me there. I know how much you don't like Calum, and I won't make you be at each other's houses alone." Luke told me. As he drove, he reached out and rested his hand on my thigh.

"That would be better, thanks." I replied. We spoke for the rest of the drive, until Luke parked the car and turned off the engine. He got out of the car, while I gathered all of my things together and followed behind him.

Michael and Calum were standing outside school, smoking a cigarette. As I followed Luke, he walked straight over to them. I quickly turned away, telling him I would meet him inside school.

I didn't want to go and talk to them with Luke, and it was cold too. When I turned back around, I couldn't see Luke because of people getting in the way. So I faced forwards and continued to walk towards the school doors. Just as I got inside, an arm pulled me to face them.

"What do you want?" I asked Brooke, staring at her. I don't know how she doesn't get told off for what she wears to school, even in this weather she barely wears anything.

"You and Luke seem all loved up, but I just wanted to tell you all the stuff about Luke that he hasn't told you, just to save your feelings." she replied, making my stomach twist.

AN: I think that this is quite a short boring chapter, but I have a few ideas for the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 124 103
1.5K 80 48
When Alana moves to a different state (US), she is alone. She has no friends that live down the street anymore. When she starts the school year at a...
605 13 16
*SEQUEL TO WHY HIM** It happened again she was back with him and left me high and dry. If I treat her better why does she not like me? WARNING THIS B...