paws // bokuaka

By llowkeydreamingg

"love hits you by accident, but it somehow ends up giving you a purr-pose." a story of two hearts, two men... More

one: keiji akaashi
two: kotaro bokuto
three: keiji akaashi
four: kotaro bokuto
five: keiji akaashi
six: kotaro bokuto
seven: keiji akaashi
eight: kotaro bokuto
nine: keiji akaashi
ten: kotaro bokuto
eleven: keiji akaashi
thirteen: keiji akaashi
fourteen: kotaro bokuto
fifteen: keiji akaashi
sixteen: kotaro bokuto
seventeen: keiji akaashi
eighteen
bonus chapter? pt. 1
bonus chapter? pt. 2
bonus chapter? pt. 3
bonus chapter? pt. 4

twelve: kotaro bokuto

3.2K 148 254
By llowkeydreamingg

---

keihihiji its fridayyyyy

i'm coming ovre is ur shift done yet

kehihihijieeieieiii

almost, i'll be done by the time you come

ill pick u uppppp

and then we cam go to mu house like we plannde ;)

kehihihijieeieieiii

type slower, kotaro

D: u should be gratefuk i reply so quicly

kehihihijieeieieiii

"gratefuk"

GRATEFUK U

>:(

kehihihijieeieieiii

ok

---

I grinned softly to myself as I shoved my phone into my pocket and continued my walk to the pet store. My apartment was pretty close, so I didn't have to drive there.

Akaashi and I have been hanging out so much lately, and I love it! I think I've gotten to know him so much better! On the days he had to work, I would come over during break to give him a meal. Once, I made homemade cookies for him! They were a little burnt and honestly severely deformed, yet Akaashi told me they were lovely :).

Even during the weekdays, we were together most of the time. Somehow, I found myself staying over at his place or talking with him at a restaurant a lot more than I was at my own apartment. It's just the two of us, every day, all the time.

Keiji's never been to my apartment before. I refused to invite him, and for one reason only: I basically live in a trash dump. It's messy as fuck there. My bedroom is the cleanest room since I have to make sure I can actually use it all the time, but it's still kind of cluttered. And usually, I would let somebody into my home even though it was messy, but I wanted to make sure Keiji knew I was capable! If we were ever going to adopt a child together, I wanted Akaashi to know that I was fully able to take care of it- I mean them.

So for the past few days, I pulled my entire life together and cleaned up my entire apartment! I was so surprised at how big my apartment actually was. I really wanted to tell Akaashi that I spent all this time cleaning my place up so that he could be proud of me, but in doing that, I would reveal that I was living in a trash dump for the past several years, and that's the secret I'm actually supposed to hide.

I invited him over right away after I finished cleaning! We were supposed to walk to my place together after his shift, and I was practically bursting with excitement.

***

"BABY IM HERE" I shouted, dashing through the store doors and gremlin-running into the shop as usual. "KEIJISJIJISJI"

"Oh, its you again, Bokuto-san," one of the shop employees waved an awkward greeting to me. "Akaashi is talking with Iwaizumi-san over at the lounge."

Not to brag, but I was pretty familiar with all of the shop employees. They all knew who I was for some reason. Akaashi must have been talking about me a lot (≧◡≦).

"B A B E I M A R R I V A L E D," I screeched, sprinting towards Akaashi and kissing his cheek repeatedly. I gave a heavy breath before grinning and taking his wrist, beginning to drag him away. "Okay, let's go!"

"Wait- no-"

"To my apartment, remember??"

"Yes, I remember but-" Akaashi seemed to stutter in his words. "Kotaro, I was talking to someone! You can't just drag me away! It's impolite!" 

I blinked at him. "You were talking to someone...?"

"Yes. Yes, I was. I was talking to Iwaizumi-san," he gestured to the shorter, dark-haired male behind him. "Just wait a few minutes so we can finish our conversation, okay?"

"But... but Keiji, I spent a whole week cleaning my entire trash dump apartment for you!!" I blurted out, trying to counter my disappointment. "Oh wait- I wasn't supposed to say that."

"Kotaro, thank you for spending so much time to prepare for me, but I'll still be going to your apartment, don't worry," Akaashi smiled softly. "You'll only need to wait for a bit."

"Um. Okay! Sorry."

He gave me a small peck on the cheek before resuming talking with Iwaizumi, who I've gotten to know rather well. Keiji's eternal patience with me seemed to radiate off of his body, and somehow, it managed to remind me even more why I've fallen in love with him.

***

"How far away is your apartment?" Akaashi asked as he walked beside me, the gentle evening light streaming onto his delicate skin. His hand brushed against mine, and I smiled to myself.

"It's... somewhere here."

"That's extremely vague, Kotaro."

"It's close!" I corrected myself. "Um, like... over 100 feet away."

"Very descriptive. Thank you," Keiji said sarcastically, rolling his eyes playfully. "How is Kuroo doing? I'll see him soon, I'm assuming?"

"Uhuh!" I nodded vigorously. "He's doing good. I bought him sunglasses yesterday, but they blend in with his fur too much."

"Oh... why did you buy him sunglasses...?"

"I dunno. I wanted to match," I dismissed the topic. "Hey, how about Kenma?"

"He's well," Akaashi said, but his voice trailed off.

"Huh? Are you okay??"

"Yes, it's just that I forgot that I'm supposed to feed him after my shift," he muttered. "It's what I usually do, but I was planning on going to your apartment right away."

"Oh, I can drop you off at your apartment first?"

Akaashi bit his lip. "No, I think it'll be okay," he said hesitantly. "Besides, we're nearly at your place anyway. I've forgotten several times before... If I just give him extra when I get back, it'll be okay, right?"

"I mean, it makes sense," I shrugged. "I've forgotten to feed Kuroo so many times, but I genuinely don't think that he minds... besides, you said Kenma had a really small appetite-" I turned my head left to look at Keiji.

He wasn't there.

"Keiji?" My eyes widened and a meteor of fear crashed into me. I looked around as quickly as I could, frantically scanning the buildings around me. "What..?! Where... where are you?!"

There was a small tug on my shirt.

"Kotaro?" I looked on the other side of me and found the ebony-haired pretty boy I was searching for. "I'm right here?"

"Wh- what?" I glanced at my left again, the space empty. My head turned to my right. "I- Were you here the entire time?!"

"No," Keiji leaned closer to me, my arm in his hands. He pulled me towards his side. "There was a bee."

I blinked. "A bee?... Are you scared of them?"

"uhhhhhhmauhduaowpjpjdojsdakpdkjaidi  no." He said this with a completely straight face. "I just don't like them."

"Hmm..." I grinned teasingly at him. "If you say so, Ijiek."

"I- what?"

"Huh?"

"Did... did you just say my name backward?"

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"Just..." his eyebrows furrowed. "Say your sentence again?"

I repeated myself. "'What do you mean?'"

"N o," Keiji sighed. "The one before that."

"'Huh?'"

"I swear to God- nevermind."

I stared at him questioningly. I don't know what he's trying to imply... oh well, he's smarter than me anyway. I'll understand s o m e d a y. I gently intertwined my fingers with his and we walked on a comfortable silence, the horizon watching us touch shoulders and exchange a few words every here and there.

Before we both knew it, a large building had loomed over us. "Keiji! we're here~"

bees are scary at fuck

no forget bees, wasps are a nightmare smh i swear, they're out to kill everyone and anyone and i very much do not appreciate it

wait- no, fucking spiders man, those things are creepyyyyyyyyy. i found one in my closet once while i was watching citrus in there at 2am and bro that thing scared me, it was yellow with the creepiest longass legs and the tiniest fucking body- it flew from the ceiling at like 100000 miles a second and you bet i got out of there like the fucking flash

i haven't even found it yet

anyways hope ur enjoying the story, thank you so much for all the votes this book is getting! comments are always so much appreciated, they really make my day and i'm really grateful for them :D

next chapter should be out soon! i hope everyone's doing well!

- lexi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 13.3K 46
An AU were the first words your soulmate says to you is written on your wrist, however, Kuroo's wrist is blank. TW: Mentions of abuse and self harm [...
62.7K 2.3K 23
Story revolving around Kuroken: Kuroo found a stray cat on his way home one night, so he took it in for the night only to find out he didn't bring ho...
67K 1.9K 15
kenma was bullied by kuroo and sakusa, because he was "too feminine" when kenma leaves, he meets atsumu, who teaches him self confidence and badass...
36.8K 811 22
Kuroo slowly slips away from Kenma. ⚠️may contain cheating, profanity, and sexual content⚠️ [ characters are owned by haruichi furudate. ] Started: 1...