Reborn

By sonnydaye

"You're even more badass than before," Caleb said, his blue eyes twinkling in amusement. - Bianca moved on, s... More

REBORN
Chapter 01|Awkward
Chapter 02|Safe
Chapter 03|King
Chapter 04|Address
Chapter 05| Butt Warm
Chapter 06| Dates
Chapter 07|Toast
Chapter 08|Ferrari
Chapter 09| Mafia Blood
Chapter 10|Adrenaline
Chapter 11|Plan
Chapter 12|Blame
Chapter 13| Empty
Chapter 14|Feelings
Chapter 15|Popcorn
Chapter 16| Secret
Chapter 17|Basketball
Chapter 18|Denial
Chapter 19|Bothered
Chapter 20|Taken
Chapter 22|Fingers
Chapter 23|Club
Chapter 24|Relax
Chapter 25|Daddy
Chapter 26|Ruined
Chapter 27|Ice
Chapter 28|Scream
Chapter 29| Brave
Chapter 30|Tuff
Chapter 31|Frustration
Chapter 32|Pain
Chapter 33|Help
Chapter 34|Siblings
Chapter 35|Cuts
Chapter 36|Bittersweet
Chapter 37|Rope
Chapter 38|Sink
Chapter 39|Inhuman
Chapter 40|Monkeys
Chapter 41| Crawl
Chapter 42|Nostalgia
Chapter 43|Mine
Chapter 44|Dimple
Epilogue

Chapter 21|Psycho

277 17 1
By sonnydaye

I'll try to make the chapters longer, I'm sorry if they aren't long enough.

Antonio's POV

Ice cold.

That's how my nights have been, the war from the past three years left me with nothing. I was alone, helpless and angry. For months I strived every night, and no matter how badly I wanted death to come I just couldn't let it, because I knew it wasn't over.

They took everything from me - she took everything from me. And now I want to repay the price. I want revenge.

The marble tiles underneath me reflected the fluorescent lights from the ceiling. Several people in wheel chairs were pushed all around me, all of them in hospital gowns or orange jumpsuits.

My large boots took slow easy steps forward, my cold hard hands were shoved in my pockets. My hoodie covered my large tattooed hands and buzz cut, but I tried not to look as suspicious as I might.

The air scented of medicine and fresh blood. I looked around. So many people here looked broken, scattered... Tired. I shook my head in amusement.

I walked past a room and all I could hear was screams, loud terrified screams form a girl, one that would be perfect for a horror movie. A shiver ran down my spine and I tried not to imagine what was going on in there. I felt uneasy in this building full of crazy people.

But that's what you get when you go into an asylum for prisoners.

When I stopped in front of the door to the room I was directed into, I hesitantly grabbed the doorknob with a gloved hand.

I turned to the guard and she slapped a sharp shiny object on my free palm. Her eyes told me one thing, 'for protection'. I wanted to laugh at how serious she looked, she has to be joking right?

I think I can defend myself just fine.

I shook my head telling her 'no' and she shrugged, stepping aside. I twisted the door knob and pushed the large metal door open.

The room was dark, but not too dark thanks to the lightbulb that hung from the ceiling, directly above a table. It had one metal chair at each side. I took steps closer as my eyes adjust into the dark room, then I see her.

There she sat.

Her head hung low, the long red greasy locks covering her pale face like a curtain. She was asleep, I could tell with the way her body rose and feel deeply and how her faint but loud snoring sounded, echoing in the empty room.

I walked to the empty seat and took a good look at her, she remained silent but after a few seconds I could tell she woke because of how tense her shoulders became.

"I know you're awake."

My words seemed to make her body grow even more tense. She raised her head slowly, her face finally showing. She looked even skinnier than before, her skin a pale and sickly green colour. Her eyes held large dark bags underneath. As our eyes locked she shot me a smile, a smile that would have anyone sinking in their seat.

The smile of a maniac.

"What a surprise to see you here. I was starting to think everyone forgot about me by now," her voice was hoarse, sounding like she hasn't had a drop of water in weeks which is probably because she just woke up.

It's like she's starving herself of food and sleep, usually asylums treat their patients well... This is just ridiculous.

She rested a hand on the table and I could hear the jingling of chains. I take a quick glance down and notice they handcuffed her hand to one leg of the table.

"I heard you went all crazy, no surprise," I say with humour laced in my voice.

She chuckled, the sound giving me goosebumps on my arms, "you never seize to amuse me Antonio," she says my name as if it were venom on her tongue. "So tell me, how is it outside?" She said, like 'outside' seemed foreign to her. "And that... that-"

"Actually that's why I'm here," I cut her off, knowing she was talking about her gang... And probably Bianca.

Her eyes narrowed, "I have no business with them anymore."

"You should, they put you in here. They turned you into this-"

"Don't you think I know that!" She snapped, slamming her hands on the table, her eyes wide. She stood, and leaned over the table, her face coming close to mine. I didn't react, I kept my expression blank. "It's been five years. I got over it."

"If you really got over it, you wouldn't be here. You wouldn't be one of the most unstable prisoners in your prison. If you really got over it, you wouldn't have lost it," I snap at her. "I came here for a reason and I'd like to say it so sit the fuck down you stubborn bitch," I tell her, my voice low and demanding.

She didn't say anything and slowly sat back down, her red rimmed eyes never leaving me. "I don't want any part of anything you want."

"Hear me out."

She growled. As in growled. Darn animal.

"Be quick," she snaps.

I smirked in satisfaction, "Bianca and Asher aren't together," I tell her, her eyes shoot to me in surprise. "They broke apart after Asher confessed about killing her mother."

"He killed her mother?" She says in surprise.

"I'm surprised you don't know. But he did," I say. "And Bianca moved away with Jasmine. Most of the others spread apart for some time after the war. They all think it's a perfect ending, that everyone's happy," my hands clenched tightly in a fist as a pain shot through my chest.

Zoe giggled, and the giggles kept coming before she broke out into full blown laughter. She leaned back on the chair, laughing loudly, the chilling sound echoing in the empty room.

"You lost your mother didn't you?" She said with a smirk. "Ronaldo killed her, didn't he?"

I scowled, "I didn't come for your assumptions-"

"I'm not assuming."

I let out a hard breath. "The Rodriguez took everything from me, and I know for a fact that they did to you too. He killed both your parents and your-"

"That was a long time ago-"

"But it must still hurt."

She snapped her head to the side, as if she heard a sound in that direction. I followed her gaze but saw nothing. When I looked back at forward her eyes were on me.

Creepy...

She tilted her head to the side slowly, the chains jingled beneath the table. She didn't speak for a while, "so what's your point? You want revenge?" She said, humour in her voice. "Grow up Antonio."

"I want her dead."

"And you waited five years?"

"I had to plan it all. That Dane guy has had her on maximum protection and she doesn't even know it. He's had spies watching over her all these years! It's not going to be easy, especially if it's just me."

"So you came for help-"

"You've known his techniques for a long time, you know their tricks. Their secrets. If you help, we might be able to take them all down."

"You do realise, it's two of us against a whole gang of well trained assholes," she points out sassily. A smirk tugged my lips.

"Who said its just two of us?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Meaning?"

"You're not the first I've come to."

She placed a hand on her chest feigning hurt, "so I'm not a first choice? I'm hurt."

"I had to save the best for last," I tell her and she grinned, showing her stained teeth. I cringed at the sight of her face. The prison and asylum didn't do her any good.

"What if I don't help you?"

"You want her dead don't you?" I answer her question with another question, "don't act like you haven't been waiting for this opportunity for months, years. You might feel like you've forgotten, but there's still this ache in your heart. You regret not finishing killing her that rainy night."

She hummed, I noticed her jaw clench in thought and she stared hardly at the table. "I..."

"You could even kill him too," I tell her. She knew who I was referring to. The man that broke her heart.

"And what do I get from this, just a few dead bodies? So what? It doesn't make a difference, my family won't come back."

"You'll have power. So much power, you'll forget all about your family. And all about everyone and thing you've lost."

"What kind of power?"

"Join me, and you'll find out."

She sighed, "Antonio..."

"You'll probably need time to think about it," I said, getting on my feet. "I'll be back in a week." I gave her a curt nod and made my way to the door.

"A week is too long," she called out from behind me as I walked away. I paused in my steps, but I didn't look back at her because I didn't want to have to stare at her face any longer.

"So?"

"I-I'll help."

A grin formed on my lips and I hesitantly turned back to give her one last look. Wish I didn't.

"It will be a pleasure having you join us, Zoe."

--------

I'm so exited for you all to read more of the book, it's driven me crazy just writing it with the things that happen. There's so much Broken didn't reveal about everyone, and so much more to the death of Bianca's mom... let's not even get into the new characters we've met that have their own drama...

I have a feeling Reborn is going to be longer than expected, maybe even longer than Broken. Or should there be a third book?🤔

I'm talking too much. I'm sorry😂

I'm updating soon. I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Stay safe💛 Also leave a vote please, I'd really appreciate it!💛

Elizi❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417 53 20
My name's Bianca. I went through hell growing up with an abusive father. I didn't fight back, because I didn't have hope. My mom is dead, or so I...
25 1 4
{The body of a goddess with the mind of a killer} Even though she's the dream girl to many, her heart don't belong to any. A stone cold young adult w...
15.8K 828 19
"I'll not hesitate to kill him. Because if he can't be mine I won't let him be yours. Be careful." Her words made my breath hitched. But I have to st...
765 106 27
Currently through editing... I ran straight with all my strength. I could hear the men who were running after me. I could hear their heavy breathings...