Abandoned [Fairy Tail Gruvia]

By GrayFullbuster591

Cover by @jeonsmiles Gray Fullbuster, hailed as the Ice-Prince at school had long stopped trusting people aft... More

Chapter 1: Annoying
Chapter 2: Awkward
Chapter 3: Is this love?
Chapter 4: Be Normal
Chapter 5: Tutoring
Chapter 6: Love Rival
Chapter 7: Faded Memories
Chapter 8: Shattered Past
Chapter 9: Embrace
Chapter 10: I'm Sorry.
Chapter 11: Confront
Chapter 12: Shatter
Chapter 13: Stolen
Chapter 14: Complications
Chapter 15: Revision [Part One]
Chapter 15: Revision [Part 2]
Chapter 16: Devious
Chapter 17: Close-call
Chapter 18: Devil's Plan
Chapter 19: Lucy's Rage
Chapter 20: Tense
Chapter 21: Revenge
Chapter 23: Date [Part 1]

Prologue: Abandoned

9.5K 318 79
By GrayFullbuster591

Love..

This is an emotion that I can no longer express, not ever since my abandonment. The parents that I once thought had loved me obviously didn't, and the emotion of love.

It lied.

"Gray, wait here, we'll go get you some ice-cream.", they spoke with a seemingly caring tone.

And like an oblivious little six-year-old I happily responded with a simple, "Yes!" and a nod to reassure them.

Little did I know, that small conversation would be our last.

15 minutes passed, and I became worried. My parents hadn't returned, so I tried looking for them. However, at my size, I was easily over-whelmed by the mass-crowd. Being constantly pushed and shoved, I couldn't move, and my cries for help were droned out by the festivities.

I felt paralyzed.

Even though I was surrounded by many, I was isolated.

"Mama!! Papa!! Answer me!"

I cried for hours, repeating the same hollow phrase. I was scared, alone and felt betrayed. The idea of my parents abandoning me - it never crossed my mind. Pressing both my hands to my face, I screamed in agony, hoping that reality could be reversed, hoping that I was just experiencing a nightmare.

It began raining heavily. Finally gaining my composure, I looked for shelter. As I peered up at the night sky, with the pouring rain concealing my tears, I knew that this was reality.

I was alone, and no one was going to come back for me.

That day, I learnt that in this world, "love" is merely a label, and that

I was never loved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.5K 24
GRUVIA (GRAY FULLBUSTER AND JUVIA LOCKSER) FAIRY TAIL FANFICTION Book cover by FranzineTsukino
69.6K 3.1K 46
Lucy Heartfilia and Gray Fullbuster were childhood best friends in the past but then when Gray got offended by Lucy's word, he decided to break their...
67.3K 2.9K 19
A new school year starts for the Fairy Tail students. Juvia Lockser is very sad because holidays are over. She hates going to school. This year, a ne...
26.3K 1.4K 26
Gray Fullbuster. A heart full of devotion, yet devoid of love. Haunted by a past that clouds his thoughts and impairs his judgement. Forever wishing...