Known By All

By HollowLegend

you all wait with baited breath in the recovery of your symbol of peace, I too recover from the injuries deal... More

A Chance Meeting and a One in Ten Billion Offer
Training In Secrecy
One for All
All Might Chose a Successor?!
Suspicions Arise
Fiery Tenacity
A Class Pact
Stolen Data
Prototype from the Support Course, Journey to the USJ.
Behind UA Lines (Part 1.)
Pushed to the Limits. (USJ pt.2)
Sparring with the Boys
All Eyes On Him
Call In The Cavalry
The Tournament Begins!
Miasma and Malayize
Explosive Semi-Finals!

Accusations of the Successor! Fated Battle Between Men!

7.4K 149 205
By HollowLegend

Classes leading up to the heroics class seemed to drag on forever, it was the anticipation of having a class with his predecessor as the teacher that seemed to be the cause. Nevertheless Izuku bided his time, taking notes and studying through the typical high school classes. Even more people were speculating on who now had One for All. It had been only a few days since All Might revealed that he had chosen a successor and the rumors spread like a wild inferno. Hundreds of people are now claiming to be the successor and once again All Might had stated that he swore the successor to secrecy. The world speculated and searched for someone with that awesome power to no end. He didn't know how to feel about this, he felt lucky that he was the chosen successor but also slightly unnerved by the amount of people who wanted the quirk. For now he wouldn't tell anyone, not even his own mother. The only people he would talk to would be the staff at UA. He tried his best to talk with them in secrecy so as to not brew any suspicions from his classmates and the student body.

Bakugou was suspicious from the first second he found out that All Might had chosen a successor, surely it couldn't be Deku right? He was quirkless, why would All Might have chosen such a useless beta and not someone powerful like himself. He brewed on this anger through the classes, staring holes into the wall in front of him. Seeing as Deku sat behind him so he couldn't stare holes into the back of his head. Despite this, he doubted the fact that All Might chose the nerd as his successor, why him of all people? In his mind Deku was just hiding the fact that he held a quirk but hid it from him. "Of course he would hide a quirk." Bakugou thought to himself. "Damn nerd always thinking he's better than me but... Why would he have put up with all that shit if he did have a quirk? That Bastard... He had to have been given One for All." Bakugou grumbles in his thoughts. The idea angers him so much, he snaps the eraser off his pencil. Aizawa death stares him for the sudden wood snapping and the smell of smoke now filling the air. He had unconsciously been using his quirk and had almost set his pencil on fire from the heat in his palms.

"And that's your queue to leave." Aizawa says hearing the bell chime sending the class to their last one for the day. "Your assignment pages are on the board and are due on thursday. Head on to the Heroics basics class." Aizawa says before wrapping himself up in his sleeping bag and curling up on the floor.

"I swear he was in that same spot yesterday." Kaminari remarks as they leave the room, Aizawa opens an eye and winks to Deku as he knows the secrets that Aizawa has in the classroom.

"He probably has a heating pad right there on the floor or it's just close to the outlet so he can warm his beanbag by plugging it in." Sero replies, slinging his book bag over his shoulder and exiting the room.

"I wonder who the next teacher is going to be, I heard All Might is a teacher here now." Mina says as the students make their way down the halls towards their next class.

"He said he chose the person that now has One for All. If you ask me I think he just said that to get the media off his back." Todoroki says in a slightly indifferent tone.

"All Might wouldn't be one to lie Todoroki, even if the media was hounding him at all hours." Yaoyorozu says with Izuku nodding in approval.

"It would have to be someone pure of heart and showed the traits of a natural born hero. It could be someone with a super flashy and powerful quirk or no quirk at all. Whoever it was has a huge target on their back now." Iida explains making hand gestures.

"Like All Might would give One for All to some quirkless nobody." Katsuki scoffs at the idea but is shot down by Izuku.

"We've never seen All Might use any other power except for One for All, when that All for One guy revealed it to the world he said it was given to him. For all we know he could have been quirkless as well before getting One for All or at least had a useless quirk before he was gifted the power." Izuku mumbles before his theory is backed up by both Todoroki and Ochako.

"That makes a lot of sense actually, if he were to choose a successor it would be someone that reminded himself of his past. Nobody knows anything about All Might's past except for All Might himself. Whoever this successor is, was probably a lot like him when he was that age. He won't answer our questions about his past since that's private so it's best that we don't pry." Hearing this Bakugou once again scoffs but secretly his stomach drops in his chest fearing that All Might was once quirkless like Deku.

"Yeah it's not nice to ask a bunch of prying questions. No wonder Aizawa hates the media; they don't know what questions not to ask. Whoever it is, they're probably pretty strong though." Ochako says as they take their seats waiting for the next teacher to arrive.

The class begins talking amongst themselves, the girls grouping up to gossip about the UA romances that have been brewing in the upper classes. Kirishima makes it a point to challenge every guy in the class to an arm wrestling match as they wait for the teacher to arrive. Bakugou, in his typical fashion, just grumbles and stares out the window contemplating on who could be the holder of One for All. During the mingling, an excited and low booming voice is heard from the hall outside the room. "I am..." He says and the class goes dead quiet. "Coming through the door like a hero!" All Might exclaims as he slams the door open. The class starts murmuring about his hero suit and how he's the teacher.

"The big surprise is I am the teacher for the heroics course!" All Might exclaims. "Today's class we're starting Heroics 101! This class will consist of exercises ranging from rescue and relief efforts in natural disasters to all out villain combat with your classmates as the villains! For today's lesson we will be doing just that! We're doing Combat Training!" All Might exclaims causing the students to celebrate the premise of getting to fight. "But, what are heroes without their hero suits!" He shouts, pressing a button on his desk releasing several shelves from the wall holding cases for the student's hero suits.

"Go get these on and meet me at training field beta in 10 minutes!" All Might exclaims before rushing out the classroom. The students rush over to grab their cases and sprint to the locker rooms to put on their hero suits.

At testing ground Beta, All Might awaits the arrival of his class, he takes a small break from his buff form. Soon the students make their way down the corridor to the training field and All Might buffs up to greet them. "Ladies and gentlemen. Now you're starting to look like real Heroes!" He exclaims seeing the class in their hero attire but noticing that his successor still isn't present. Though the quick footsteps assure him that he's on his way. Izuku makes it out of the corridor apologizing for being late having gotten the zipper stuck on the back of his suit. The class, for the most part, stare in awe at his costume. Full plate gauntlets with boosters on the back, steel sole shoes, a utility belt. Visior, mouth guard the whole nine yards. The only thing he seems to be missing is a cape to go with it. 

"Wow! Your suit is amazing Deku! I should have been more specific with what I wanted for mine. It ended up being a skin tight bodysuit." Ochako says with a slight blush on her face. Izuku covers his nose so as to not get a nosebleed from looking at her accentuated curves due to the thin fabric.

"I think you look great Uraraka." He says trying to keep from stuttering.

"Shut up and kiss already!" Mina shouts causing both of them to blush, All Might waves his hand getting them to stop talking.

"For today's exercise you will be put in teams of two, these teams will be heroes and villains. The villains are going to set up in this building and defend a paper mache bomb that they will hide on a floor of their choice. The villain team wins if they survive the 15 minute time limit or subdue the hero team. The hero team has to secure the bomb and or capture the villain team with the capture tape or a knockout." All Might explains as he divides the class into their teams.

"The first teams are... Hero team A versus Villain team D!" All Might exclaims calling out Izuku and Uraraka's team and Katsuki and Iida's team. Katsuki glares at Izuku and smirks knowing that his victory is assured, well at least thinking it is.

"You're going down Deku." Bakugou threatens as he makes his way inside the building.

"Alright Midoriya, we need a plan fast. Any ideas?" Ochako asks Izuku who almost instantly starts to mutter about a plan for the two of them.

"Kacchan is probably going to come after me first, meaning Iida will be by himself to defend the bomb. When he comes after me try to find Iida I don't think they are going to be on any of the lower floors though." Izuku answers in his typical muttering fashion. "He's going to try to attack for the head to start so when he attacks be prepared to dodge it because those blasts will knock you out or worse." Izuku says reading over the floor plan with Ochako. 

"A fated battle between men." She says, a few moments pass with her pondering on what Bakugou had said the previous day and how hes been acting towards Izuku. "Why does he not like you so much? He was calling you useless and quirkless. That's nothing to make fun of someone about." She asks.

"My quirk is a strange one, I couldn't use it when we were younger because it damaged my body. Even now I can only manage up a certain amount without hurting myself." Izuku answers as All Might calls time for the planning phase.

Entering the building it is dead quiet leaving a sense of anxiety in the air for both Deku and Ochako. They quickly and silently make their way through the lower floors of the testing site peaking around corners and checking rooms. The class comments on how slowly they're taking this but peaking at the timer only 2 minutes have passed with the two of them scouring the lowest floor. The stairs were the most nerve racking, despite them being only concrete they were careful not to make any noise. "They sure are taking this slowly aren't they?" Kirishima remarks watching Deku peak around another corner expecting bakugou or Iida to be there. "You have to be cautious in situations like this. The heroes are at a massive disadvantage but they must succeed to save the day. This is the same situation that I faced early in my pro hero career. My partner was Endeavor and we were only 1 year out of UA at the time and we had to capture two villains with an armed nuclear warhead." All Might explains as they watch Bakugou fly around a corner and try to attack them.

With Deku and Ochako, they are unaware of the conversation that All Might is having with the class. What they are aware of however is the series of explosions getting closer and closer to them. Also not helping Bakugou's case is him screaming like a maniac as he's propelling himself along with explosions. Izuku loosens his belt and opens the middle buckle revealing the same capture gear that Aizawa had trained him with. He gives a look to Ochako before pulling out the capture gear. Just as he gets it out of his belt Bakugou rounds the corner.

"DEKU!!! DIE!!!" He shouts setting off an explosion towards the both of them. In a split second decision, Deku let's go of the capture gear and tackles Ochako out of the way of the blast. The explosion was aimed thinking Deku would be in the way but it was ochako who almost took the blast to the head. Izuku managed to tackle her out of the way of the blast and as he recovers from the blast to the back he notices something squishy in his right hand and something soft against his lips. He opens his eyes to see the wide eyed blushing face of Ochako in front of him. Her face a shade of red the author doesn't know how to describe. Bakugou scoffs at deku seeing his hand placement on his partner and mocks him for it. "Not only are you a useless Deku but a fuckin pervert pretending to have helped her too." He says for Izuku to notice where his hand is. It is gripped right around her left breast which would explain the very very red face of his partner.

Meanwhile the class is going nuts about what just happened, All Might is face palming over what Izuku inadvertently just did. The girls are cheering and jumping up and down, minus Momo who thinks it indecent, the guys are congratulating Izuku on kissing a girl with Mineta crying over it. "I-I-I-I'm Sorry!!!" Izuku exclaims quickly getting off of Ochako and trying to scamper to his feet. Before he can grab the end of his capture gear he's grabbed by the face by Bakugou and thrown with an explosion down the corridor away from Ochako separating the two. Ochako lays on the floor for a moment dazed and embarrassed at what just happened. She touches her lips feeling the warmth that was still lingering on her lips. She shakes her head trying to remove the thoughts from her mind before standing up and noticing the capture gear. "This might help against Iida." She monologues to herself before picking up the metal alloy scarf and wrapping it around her arm and walking up the stairs.

"I knew you were lying this entire time Deku! You hid your quirk from me because you in your puny mind thought you were better than me!" Bakugou snarls as he sets off several small explosions in his hands glaring at Izuku. Izuku remains silent and instead, raises his hands in a fighting stance as green electricity starts to arc around his body. "I'm going to enjoy wearing down the knuckles on these gloves." he smears before lunging forwards with his right arm outstretched and heated ready to set off an explosion in Deku's face. Just as he's about to make contact, Izuku grabs his arm and throws him over his shoulder using the force of a 15% cowling behind it to slam him into the floor leaving a crack in the concrete. He then twists Bakugou's arm, placing his knee against his elbow making sure that his hand is facing away from him so he can set off an explosion. "Tap Kacchan." Izuku says before applying more pressure with his knee. "Like hell I'd head to you DEKU!!" Bakugou says setting off another explosion in his off hand, doing this hyperextends his right arm causing him to let out a pained grunt that he tries to stifle by keeping his mouth shut.

"You changed, You were afraid of me once. Let me remind you why you were afraid!" Bakugou snarls before lunging at Izuku, setting an explosion off in front of Deku then going airborne to go around him. Before he manages to set off an explosion to his back he's met with a punch to the stomach sending him flying back down the hallway and crashing into the wall. He spits out a small amount of blood before giving Deku an evil grin showing off his teeth stained with his own blood. "I've figured out where you got that pesky quirk from Deku! It was the same day All Might saved me from that sludge freak! He gave you One for All didn't he?!" He shouts rushing down the corridor once again and snarling at Izuku, setting off a chain of explosions and explosion propelled punches at the ninth holder. Izuku dodges and weaves around every blast and punch before landing a spin kick to Bakugou's shoulder sending him out a window. "You're the one who met All Might that day Kacchan. Not me. He probably gave it to you so why don't you show me if you've got it. Because I don't." Izuku denies returning to the fighting stance that gunhead and Aizawa had taught him during his secret training at UA. "You know... I know you're playing me. But you're right! I'm the only one worthy of One for All and he probably gave it to me that day without me knowing! So come here Deku and fight the successor of All Might. Unless you're too much of a FUCKING DEKU!!!" He shouts blasting his way back into the building trying to get Deku once more.

"I'm not some useless Deku anymore Kacchan! I'm not afraid of the angry human sized chihuahua in front of me! Deku isn't some insult meaning i'm worthless. Deku means you can do it. Deku is the name of a hero!" Izuku exclaims, Ochako hears this and smiles knowing he accepted her change on his name. "Is that so? How about I remind you it's meaning. BY BEATING IT INTO YOU!!!" He shouts swinging wildly at Deku setting off explosion after explosion at him. Another well placed punch to his right arm causes it to drop like a sack of rocks and Bakugou to screech and froth at the mouth of what he's going to do to Deku. Mid shouting, a powering up noise is heard as the black inlays of Bakugou's gauntlets glow red. "They're ready..." He says giving Deku an evil grin.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 173 30
Despite not having the best quirk for hero work you decide to apply to U.A anyway and unknowingly become the one and only candidate to inherit One Fo...
77.7K 2.3K 32
A MHA x Reader story. You were born with a very unique quirk. A quirk with a lot of mystery. What it lacked in power, it more than made up for in res...
4K 167 9
After thousands upon thousands of years, the world of sorcerers and curses was dieing out due to the hope inspired by the heros and few remained. Izu...
853K 34.8K 130
Izuku Midoriya had always been interested in Quirks. He loved studying them and discussing them with his father. It was due to this interest in Quirk...