Made for the Rich Boy -Tempor...

By LoveBelovedLove

"Axel..." "Yes Mia?" he whispered. His minty breath fanning her face. The lips that were her temptation, the... More

I
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
Author's Note - IMPORTANT

II

2.2K 57 15
By LoveBelovedLove

Made for the Rich Boy

Chapter Two: The interview

Ten twenty seven....ten twenty eight....ten twenty nine - tick, tock, tick, tock.

The pesky tick tock sound of my raggedy old clock - hung on the plain walls that surrounded my room, filled my private, closed space. I wasted each passing second that went by, strutting into my tiny closet to, obstinately change outfits. And each tick and tock that echoed through the chipped walls was a reminder of how late I was and how I was putting this job opportunity on the line, slipping from my grasp each minute. I glanced at the clock - again - shit, the clock read ten thirty two, and I was supposed to be at the bus stop at ten am sharp. My interview at the Moretto family mansion was scheduled for two in the afternoon and it took three hours to arrive at Miami Beach. Now, my last alternative would be to unfortunately, take the eleven o'clock bus and due to all the stops it would be required to make, I will be approximately thirty minutes late to my interview - double shit.

If I would've known choosing a suitable outfit would be this hard, I would have woken up earlier than nine. It has been an hour and a half and I am still in undergarments. I have no clue why I am having so much trouble deciding. Yes, I have had a fair share of interviews at deli's, gas stations, café's, but here in Seminole Heights, the perfect outfit for attending an interview is plain jeans with a much too loose t-shirt regardless of your social status. However, the job would be with the Moretto's - high class family of the century, there is no way I would show up with my regular dress wear. Mom was right, I should have went to the thrift store across the street to buy myself something decent - I do have a couple of bucks saved after all - but unluckily, at the exact moment I was going to take off, the old Ms. Loufhag and her geezer showed up at my doorstep, pounding loudly on the door complaining about the dead rat and the stolen flowers, yelling various insults of how I am a poor excuse of a daughter, how I should be locked away serving jail time for life and blah, blah, blah. I've heard the same vilifications millions of times, and they never affect me.

Of course, the day ended badly. We spent about an hour arguing, there was a point where I flicked her off and walked away, but that had gained a mean look from mom and nasty curse words from Ms. Loufhag. To say I was dismayed by her comments was an understatement. It does not cross my mind how or why a lady her age knows of such words. My evening then consisted of mom apologizing for my actions, her old geezer giving me a little too much attention, me being completely and utterly disgusted, and Ms. Loufhag yelling once again for 'seducing' her geezer - as if, that last comment earned a chunk of hair pulling from me, which caused mom to yell at me and again, apologizing - but no longer hiding a chuckle once she saw the fake wig on the floor.

I laughed so hard, tears left my eyes, even her geezer laughed a few times. He obviously was not aware of the fake hair that invaded her almost bald head.

"Now give me my flowers back you little demon," she spat before taking off into the kitchen and grabbing back the flowers I stole from her garden.

"You forgot your hair," I yelled after her. She stopped her tracks and marched back into the living room, picking up the red colored wig and messily placing it back onto her head.

My evening did not turn out good, but at least I had the high satisfaction knowing I ruined Ms. Loufhag's night and let's not forget the scare I gave her with the critter I left on her mailbox - that was a bonus.

The soft knock on my door interrupted my chuckle as I thought of last night's events with the old hag, "Yes?"

Behind the door was mom - she peeked inside before opening the door completely giving me her warm smile, "Honey it is ten thirty why aren't you dressed yet?" she asked. I groaned and flopped onto the bed, covering my face with my hands.

"I know mom, I'm sorry I just don't know what to wear and I am so nervous. I might as well forget about it. It's late, I most likely won't make it there on time and I have absolutely nothing to wear," I cried. I did not mean to give up on the job, and I certainly did not want mom to think I was some kind of egotistical quitter, but I am realistic. Chances are I will not get the job. I have no kind of experience, and the only impression they'll have of me, is how I could not make it to a simple interview on time.

"Mia I'm sorry for making you do this and I am sorry you think that way. I know I should have at least spoken to you before I made the appointment, but honey, trust me if I thought you were not capable of getting this job I wouldn't have called. I know you can and you will get this job baby girl. Now don't be nervous, it will be alright."

"Thanks mom but it still does not solve my clothing problems," I shrugged and glanced at the closet. The hangers loosely hung, with the clothes plastered on the floor.

"Hmm I can see why you are so frustrated. Seriously when is the last time you cleaned that closet?"

I smacked my lips together, "Mom! Ugh, well last week in fact, but it's like that now because of my current indecisive mood."

"Well thankfully I have it all solved. Last night I managed to finish a couple cake orders and my boss finally paid me, so I went to Florence and bought you an outfit this morning," mom said as she smiled and left my room, seconds later she entered with an emerald green floral dress with two inch sleeves and a white bow wrapped around the back. I widened my eyes and stared at the dress in dumbfound.

"Mom what - how, when - why'd you get that dress?" I stuttered. She mentioned she bought it at Florence. The store wasn't exactly expensive, but it definitely was not cheap either. Normally, we wouldn't have been able to shop there because we could never afford it except for the usual Christmas bonus they give mom, and my money gatherings.

"Because I knew you would have a hard time choosing what outfit to wear. Do you like it? They sold it to me for an affordable price might I add," she told, admiring the dress whilst smiling as she twirled it around.

"Mom it is lovely, but why - I mean, how were you able to buy it?"

"Honey it's no big deal. Martha owed me a favor that is all, and decided to lower the price range once she saw how attached I suddenly was to it. I just knew it would be great for you, go on try it sweetie," she said excitedly, pushing the dress towards me. Martha was the owner of Florence, sure she is nice and good friends with mom, but a giver she was certainly not. I find it hard to believe how she miraculously lowered the dress's price for mom - that was something she never did. But seeing how mom's eyes glowed and how big her grin was as she gave me the dress, I decided not to push it. It was indeed the loveliest dress I've seen and now, owned.

"I'm going to make breakfast for Bry. Come downstairs when you're done," mom said before smiling once again, and leaving my room. I made my way over to my stand up mirror and held the dress against my body. Taking it off its hanger, I swiftly unzipped the back and stepped inside, slowly pulling it up and reaching to the back to zip it up.

I smiled as I watched how the dress did wonders to my body. It was decent yet simple, short -but not too trashy. The hem went a little above my knees, and my constant pulling made it go even lower. I was too excited I had almost ignored the ticking sound of the clock - almost being the keyword. I looked at the clock and saw it was now ten forty. Quickly, I ran to my closet and picked the white dollies one of mom's friends had given me and stepped into them. I never wore shoes like this, hence my lack of feet wears besides sneakers, but I kept them because they will be of great use in times like these.

Now to work with my messy bed hair, there was no way I'd be able to straighten it completely in time, so I grabbed my brush and took care of the knots that had formed during the night. The brush did not exactly do a great job, but it had gotten rid of the tangles, and had added a slight wave to my blonde hair. For the finishing touch, I placed a white headband, which held my bangs out of the way, sprits myself with vanilla body spray, added a small touch of mascara and lastly, a coat of lip gloss. I wasn't very fond of the makeup - so I stuck with the basics.

Ten forty three, great I had managed to finish in three minutes exactly. I took hold of my messenger bag and finally, headed out the door.

***

"Darling when is the young woman for the maid opening arriving?" I asked my husband, Landon. Yesterday evening we had posted an ad on the local newspaper, asking for a maid - all for my precious daughter. We had specifically mentioned we wanted someone obedient, who is able to follow orders, and preferably young. After Ariel's incident with our last, elderly maid, we did not want to risk having to fire yet another one this month, so of course, we asked for someone who was her age - or closely.

We had received a various amounts of calls that same evening and also this morning, Winston had managed to perform my orders and schedule only five interviews tonight. If things went great, we would not have to go through this again, we are busy aristocrats indeed, we cannot spend our afternoons worrying about the next outsider who steps through our foyer looking for employment.

"Well according to the list Winston handed me, a young woman by the name of Mia Daniels, should be arriving shortly and the next interview will be held at thirty past three."

"I see, well darling please take care of this manner today. I do not want spend yet another day with pity interviews. I trust your judgment, and if you choose today, I'll have Winston phone the lucky winner this evening," I told my husband who was distractedly nodding, his thoughts elsewhere I assume.

"Landon!"

"Huh? Oh yes what's up?" I rolled my eyes at his choice of indecently youth words.

"You know how I do not wish to repeat myself. I have to head to the agency, Winston will summarize what I said, talking about - Winston?" I called my loyal butler. As usual, he came right away to my service.

"Yes madam? Does the Mr. and the Mrs. need anything?"

"Yes please inform my husband of the interview situations. I will be working and I will appreciate if this is done and over with tonight. Winston, make sure they have the correct paperwork with them, if not send them on their way."

"Yes, yes of course madam," Winston replied, and hurriedly came to help me into my blazer.

"Nicolette, everything will be fine. I promise to try and choose someone by tonight, but if no one has my interest, I will have to leave it to you since I have to perform surgeries tomorrow."

"Your interest, God Landon I must have patience with your ridicule manner sometimes," I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Like I said, I trust your judgment, thus trusting your decision in choosing the correct woman for the job. Phone me if you choose, but if not, Winston you will be in charge of the interviews tomorrow, am I understood?"

"Yes of course."

"Good, Landon I'll leave you to it. Have a nice day darling," I said, before lightly pecking my husband's lips with my own. Winston helped me out the door, and handed me my maroon Prada bag before taking off. On to signing clothing approval at my agency and having a fantastic day with the models, let's just hope when I arrive back home, a new service is added to the list.

***

Okay, I knew the Moretto mansion would be amazingly big, but I never expected to be this huge and wonderfully made. It had a Victorian touch to it with a hint of modern at the same time. The mansion was extravagant and breath-taking. Never in my nineteen years of existence had I seen a house as beautiful, tall - a grass, smooth and green. In front of me stood a big iron gate which was slowly opening making a small creaking sound. As I walked towards, I noticed there was a high; granite fence surrounding the perimeter of the mansion. As I walked, I took in the great scenery before me. A magnificent garden, a small pond consisting of one white swan, a wooden boardwalk on top of the pond allowing one to cross to the other side - a cluster of oak tress surrounded the left side giving another touch of nature. I was mesmerized by the grand fountain in the middle of the circular granite driveway.

I walked over to the staircase that led to the double glass doors, admiring the rectangular flower pots at each side, covered with resplendent white lilies. With one last deep exhale, I stopped in front of the double doors and pressed the white doorbell.

Seconds later a tall man in maybe his mid forty's with a spiffy black uniform, gloves and a pocket watch loosely hanging from his left pocket, opened the door and greeted me with a "good afternoon" and a nod.

"You must be Mia Daniels am I correct?" the man asked.

I nodded, "Yes."

"Very well, I am Winston the butler. Mr. Moretto is waiting patiently for you in his study. You are of course late, tsk, tsk, tsk," he mentioned, shaking his head.

"Yes I - I know, I'm sorry -"

"Your apologies will do nothing Miss Daniels. You chose to arrive late, no explanations are needed furthermore. Please let me accompany you to the study seeing as this is your first time in the mansion."

I walked behind the butler - Winston was his name, as he walked down a corridor of mahogany doors with intricate designs, finally stopping in front of the grandiose door that stood out the most. He knocked twice and placed his gloved hands behind his back, interlocking his fingers with one another.

I heard the words, "Come in," followed by a deep voice. I suddenly became more nervous than I was before and felt my hands become sweaty before Winston even opened the door.

He cleared his throat and said, "Mr. Moretto, Mia Daniels is here to see you."

"Ah yes finally, please let her through," he said. Soon Winston glanced at me before widening the door and letting me step by him. Once in the room, he nodded and quietly closed the door behind him.

The study was shaped like an oval. Almost everything was red and brown, a perfect combination with the mahogany furniture. A large desk was placed on the middle; three floor-to-ceiling glass windows were behind the desk, allowing one to have a perfect view of the outside garden and - pool? Two leather couches were placed on each side, one right and one left. Different famous paintings such as the Mona Lisa, and School of Athens covered the red paneled walls followed by framed certificates.

"Please take a seat Miss Daniels," Mr. Moretto said as he motioned me to sit on the leather chair in front of his desk.

I sat and shifted nervously, letting my eyes travel to my lap, but meeting his quickly once I heard him speak, "So Miss Daniels, first things first, you are about thirty minutes late, now I see how you might not be able to be here perfectly early seeing as you are sheltered in Seminole Heights, but I am very strict and do not under any circumstance tolerate tardiness."

I blushed and nodded nervously.

"Great, now let's get acquainted. My name is Landon Moretto and yours is obviously Mia Daniels. Now Mia, please tell me your age."

"Um, I'm nineteen Sir."

"Good that's perfect. Was it yourself we spoke to on the phone last night?"

"No - no that was my mother actually."

"Hmm, well Mia I do not know if your mother informed you but we specifically asked for some papers. Do you have them?"

"Yes I do," I opened my messenger bag and handed him the manila envelope mom had given me this morning before I left. She almost forgot to give them to me and had run out the door to hand them since she said I needed them and without the papers I would make a three hour trip for nothing.

Mr. Moretto opened the envelope and checked each document thoroughly, nodding every once in a while, "Good, good. Everything seems to be in check. Now Mia, I will need to keep these papers for the next day since we need to do a background check - do not worry it is standard procedure. Now is where the real interview begins, I hope you're not nervous."

I gave a humorless laugh, "No, not at all," Lie.

He raised his eyebrows and smiled, "Okay maybe a little," I told him. He laughed and leaned on to his desk, crossing his hands together.

"So Mia do you have any work experience?"

"Um no I'm afraid not."

"And why is that, if you do not mind my asking."

"Well I have had a couple of job interviews but they never really worked out for me. I was always on school and when I got out, I had to take care of my younger sister while my mom worked so I never had the opportunity to fully work."

"I understand, now tell me what is it you're good or excel at?"

"I um, I am a fast learner so I can usually learn things pretty quickly. I am not picky at jobs or at what I should be doing, so really anything will be alright with me."

"Very good I like that. Are you how can I say - friendly towards everyone? Are you able to work well with others?"

"I uh - I can be friendly, and yes I can work well with others but honestly, I only respect people who respect me back. I'm sorry it's just the way I am."

"I appreciate you telling me the truth Mia. Not everyone share your same views. Let's see, you do understand that in this job you'll have not only my wife and I as a boss, but also my daughter Ariel and Axel my son, plus Winston since he is the butler and the one in charge of the service. You will have to comply with the orders we give you."

I nodded, "Yes I understand."

"Good. Are you allergic to any food or materials?"

"No thankfully, I am not."

"Do you know how to do the basics such as cook, do laundry, etcetera?"

"Cooking is not my specialty but yes I can do the rest."

"Okay well cooking is not important; we have a chef for that. Now, let me take another look at these written questions," he said, smiling before looking down at the paper on his desk.

-Forty minutes later-

"Okay well Miss Daniels, it was a pleasure meeting you. I certainly hope seeing you again," Mr. Moretto told me, standing up from his desk chair and shaking my hand.

"Likewise," I smiled.

"You mentioned you took the bus here, and well since it is a long trip, I'll tell one of our chauffeurs to drive you to your home."

"Oh are you sure? I don't want to be a bother."

"No bother at all. I'll tell Winston to prepare the limo for you."

***

"Darling I'm home please tell me you've resolved our service issues."

"I have indeed Nicolette. I have already told Winston to phone her."

"Great who is she?"

"Her name's Mia Daniels."

A/N

So whattya guys think? Finally I posted the second chapter. I have lots of ideas building up on my head right now, but everything takes time. Please show me your love by fanning, commenting, and voting. I always love those. :D

Love, Kiara

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 4.9K 46
"I can show how much of a 'little' guy I am." He said emphasizing the little. He came closer to me. Our lips were inches away. I could smell the scen...
2.3K 31 14
Ace Vinci a powerful dominant and reckless CEO of the Vinci enterprises making him one of the most powerful men in the world. He has everything mon...
8.7K 141 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...
638K 22.8K 42
"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and he traps me with his two hands. "do you...