Nathan and Sophie Oneshots

By Drive_LikeIDo

Nathan Sykes (The Wanted) fanfiction Part of the Scarred and Left Me Like a Sunburn series. PLEASE READ Scarr... More

Baby
Surgery
Flowers
Study Buddies (Sam & Jess)
Birthday
Tease
Territorial
Tickets
Vodka (Nathan's POV)
Nightmare (Nathan's POV)
Zoo (Sophie/ Nathan's POV)
Top Floor (Nathan's POV)
Beautiful to Me (Top Floor Part II)
Missed
Proposal
The School Run
Valentine's
Lyrics (Nathan's POV)
Surprise
Fade Into You
100% (Nathan's POV)
Jealous (Nathan's POV)
Panic
Cleaning Cupboard
Shop
Birth (Nathan's POV)
Naked
52 Reasons (Nathan's POV)
Kids

Asthma Attack (Nathan's POV)

1K 20 1
By Drive_LikeIDo

Happy New Year everyone! :D

I got this prompt the other day and it didn't take me long to write

Another oneshot I have been curious about is when Nathan has his asthma attack outside of the studio. I wanted to know his pov and what he was thinking when Sophie was the one who helped him... Always been curious about nathan's pov on that part of the story - Missy_1994, Wattpad

It's set during chapter 12 of We Always Attract when Nathan has his asthma attack, if you wanna refresh your memory, the link for that chapter is here:

http://www.wattpad.com/35489463-we-always-attract-sequel-nathan-sykes-fanfiction

"You look really hot today, baby" Chelsea smiled, biting her lip as she pressed her body against mine, "you look good enough to eat" she licked her lips slowly and stared up at me with the wide eyes in a - if I am being totally honest - slightly creepy way. Chelsea was very... full-on, very intense. I wasn't used to it. Sophie was always so... chilled out, so cool. She'd tease. me just enough to make me want her, but push me away enough to keep me wanting more.

And here I am again, comparing Chelsea to my ex-girlfriend. It was totally wrong in every way possible but I couldn't seem to stop myself from doing it. I guess I was using Chelsea to get back at Sophie anyway, so it was hard not to think about Sophie when I was constantly checking that she was getting pissed off and jealous, otherwise there'd be no point in Chelsea being there.

And Sophie was getting jealous and pissed off. She tries her best to hide it but I think she forgets that I know her too well. I know when she lying and I know when she's trying to hide something.

"Last night was amazing by the way" she smirked, "you're like the best I've ever had and I've had a lot"

Not something you should probably admit to me, but okay...

"I especially liked the way you used your tongue to-"

I coughed quickly, cutting her off, "erm, I think we should probably be getting back to the studio now"

I didn't want to remind myself about last night. It was the second time I'd had sex with Chelsea and the second time I'd woken up and regretted it. I'm not the kind of man who sleeps around with just anyone - I have standards and I didn't like the person I was becoming by not keeping them. I didn't like the person Chelsea was turning me into.

"No, can we not just stay here for a little while longer?" she whined, pouting her Barbie pink lips at me, "I'll make it worth your while" she added with a devilish smile, before she pressed her lips against my neck and started sucking and biting at my skin a little too harshly. To be honest, I was more concerned about the fact she was getting bright pink lipstick all over my neck. That and her perfume was really strong. Really strong. I mean, she'd put that much on, I could actually start to taste it. It was tickling the back of my throat so I coughed, trying to clear it. It didn't seem to help much.

"I think, erm..." I had to clear my throat again as I spoke, gently pushing Chelsea away from me, "I think we should probably go back now"

"No" Chelsea pouted again, "you're just worried that you'll get too turned on by me"

As she said it, she smirked and rubbed her hand over my crotch.

"No, seriously Chelsea" I pushed her hand away before she went any further, before coughing again. My throat was starting to hurt and my body's response was to cough, but it didn't seem to be helping. It just seemed to be getting worse. I put my hand against my chest as it started to feel tight, which wasn't a good sign. It had felt a little tight this morning so I'd made sure my inhaler was definitely in my bag, just in case my asthma started playing up.

"Are you ill, Nathan?" Chelsea asked, "because I don't want you giving your germs to me"

"I think..." I coughed again and then took a deep breath to try and calm myself down, but made a wheezing sound as I breathed out. Definitely not a good sign.

"What the hell is that noise?" Chelsea asked, sounding confused and panicked. I just ignored her and tried to concentrate on my breathing, tried to calm myself, but my heart rate was speeding up.

"Nathan, please tell me what happening" Chelsea cried, "you're really worrying me now"

Her panicking wasn't exactly helping me to calm down. It was making me feel worse. My inhaler was in my bag, but my bag was still in the studio. I couldn't get it myself so the only way for me to get my inhaler would be for someone to go and get it for me. That person would be Chelsea. She didn't exactly seem in a good state of mind to be helping someone in an emergency, and given I was the person having an emergency, it wasn't putting me at ease.

"Nathan, please" she stressed, "Nathy, look at me"

Look at you? What the fuck's that gonna do?

"Please Nathy, what's happening? I don't know what to do" she put her hands on either side of my face and tried to lift my head up so I would have to look at her, "what should I do?"

Go away because your perfume is giving me an asthma attack, I thought, clutching my chest.

"Nathy? Babe?" She began tapping my cheek lightly, "Babe? Baby, look at me"

"Nath? You alright?"

The words made my heart race tenfold. Well, not the words, just the voice who spoke them. I don't now where she'd come from but i couldn't worry about it at a time like this.

"He's not listening to me" Chelsea said to Sophie.

"He's having an asthma attack" Sophie stated straight away. Thank God someone knew what was happening because I think Chelsea would have caused herself an asthma attack if she'd panicked much longer. I remembered that Sophie had experienced me having an asthma attack when we were in a relationship so i hoped she remembered what to do.

"Oh my God, what do we do?" Chelsea asked frantically.

"Nath?" Sophie began as she gently pushed Chelsea away from me, which I silently thanked her for, "Nath, look at me"

I lifted my head and looked straight into her eyes. Such a lovely blue colour. Like the sea. A calm, languid sea...

"Where's your inhaler?"

How does she have this fucking effect on me? I don't even like her anymore and I'm comparing her eyes to the fucking sea.

I don't even like her anymore.

She stared at me waiting for an answer. If I didn't give her one, this attack wasn't gonna get any better.

"In my..." I staggered, "my bag"

"Chelsea, will you go back to the studio and get Nath's bag?" Sophie asked her.

"Don't tell me what to do" Chelsea scoffed. I was a little taken aback by that. Sophie had asked her to get medicine for my asthma attack and Chelsea was having a strop.

"Chelsea, stop being awkward, it's an emergency" Sophie replied sternly.

"I'm not being awkward"

"Chelsea, I'm not arguing with you, just go and get his bag"

"You just want to get him alone so you can have him all to yourself"

I watched Sophie roll her eyes in annoyance. I didn't really blame her. Chelsea was acting like a dick.

"Chelsea, he's having an asthma attack, which means his airways are closing up, which means he can't breathe, which means, worst case scenario, he'll eventually die" Sophie explained, "unless he has his inhaler, which is in his bag"

"Oh my God, my poor baby's gonna die" Chelsea cried dramatically, grabbing my face.

"For fuck's sake" Sophie muttered, setting off into a jog down the corridor, "Sit him down and just keep him calm, I'll be one minute" she called to Chelsea before disappearing around the corner.

"Okay, um, sit down" Chelsea mumbled, pushing on my shoulders. She clearly wasn't great in these high-pressure situations. I let myself slide down the wall until my bum hit the floor, not bothering to tell her that I didn't need her help. She kneeled down next to me and began stroking my face, saying "it's okay, babe, everything's gonna be okay"

She kept doing that until Sophie came back with my bag. She threw the bag on the floor and knelt down in front of me, opening it up and searching through it for my inhaler. I felt much better knowing that Sophie was in control of the situation. Christ knows what would have happened if Chelsea had been left to help me on her own.

"Christ Nath, how much bloody crap have you got in here?" She muttered, furrowing her eyebrows. I smiled and chuckled, though it was breathy and raspy. I reached my hand over to the bag and tapped the front pocket with my finger to show her it was in there. Her hand brushed against mine as she fumbled with the zip so I quickly pulled away before it got awkward. Moments later, she pulled out the inhaler and began to shake it for me.

"Hey, you alright, mate?"

I looked up to see Jay had appeared. I figured Sophie had got him to come when she got my bag and felt a lot safer with both Sophie and now him here too. He knelt down on the floor next to Sophie and patted my knee.

"What if he dies?!" Chelsea exclaimed.

"Chelsea, will you shut the fuck up?" Sophie told her, "he's gonna be fine, no thanks to you"

She had a point.

"Will it be ready now?" Sophie turned to me, holding up the inhaler. I nodded so she handed it to me. I pressed down the button and started to inhale my medicine as the conversation continued.

"What do you mean 'no thanks to me'?" Chelsea scoffed defensively, "I sat him down on the floor like you asked"

"Yeah, I also asked to get his inhaler and you refused" Sophie argued.

"You refused to get his inhaler when he was having an asthma attack?" Jay said her in disbelief. Chelsea scoffed again, crossing her arms childishly.

"She obviously just wanted to get me out of the picture so she get him alone"

"Yes, Chelsea" Sophie began sarcastically, "I asked you to get his inhaler, not because he was having an asthma attack and couldn't breathe, but because I want to flirt with him whilst you weren't here"

Chelsea rolled her eyes and started muttering to herself.

"Are you alright now, mate?" Jay asked me, ignoring the two girls, "do we need to take you to the hospital or anything?"

"No, I'll be fine now" I replied, my voice sounding much less raspy and wheezy than it did before. I felt much better now so I didn't feel that going to the hospital was necessary

"Why did you have an asthma attack?"

"I don't know" I shrugged, "my chest felt a bit tight this morning, something must have just triggered it"

I didn't verbally acknowledge that it may have been Chesea's perfume, mainly just because the last thing I needed was Chelsea being in a strop with me.

"Probably Chelsea's Poundland perfume" Sophie joked, "smells like she's bathed in it"

"Excuse me, it's not from Poundland-" Chelsea shot.

"It smells like it is" She smirked, making Jay laugh. I bit my lip to stop myself laughing too. It was just so ironic that even though Sophie was joking, it was kind of true.

Though I can't see Chelsea buying perfume from Poundland.

"Look, love-"

"Chelsea, I'm winding you up" Sophie smiled.

"Nath!"

We all looked up to see Max, Scooter and Jake, the sound producer, approaching us,

"You alright?" Max continued. I nodded in reply.

"You need us to take you to the hospital, Nathan?" Scooter asked me, before I shook my head.

"Nah, I'll be fine"

"You sure?"

"Yeah"

"Come on, mate" Jay said, grabbing my arms and helping me stand up, "it's a good job you saw him, isn't it, Sophie?" he said to her as his put his arm around my shoulders.

"Yeah, er, cheers Soph" I mumbled, managing to give her a half-smile. I couldn't not acknowledge that fact that, whether I liked her or not, she could have potentially just saved my life and I owed her greatly for that. She shrugged and smiled back, and hoped she'd leave it there. She didn't. She just had to have one more crack at Chelsea.

"It's alright, anyone else would have done the same thing" she replied nonchalantly, "apart from Chelsea, who thought it was a good idea to keep telling you that you were gonna die"

And cue the bickering...

Thanks for reading, hope you liked it, I have a couple more oneshots that I've nearly so I will upload them over the next few days, having a christmas break has given me more time to write even though I've got tons of college revision to do, but anyway, I'll upload soon for you guys :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 80 21
Ashley is a girl that isn't into boybands but when her friend Alex drags her to a The Wanted concert she might just change her mind. Her past in boyf...
18K 372 10
• a series of oneshots • last updated: 04/19/20 • not taking requests currently • decent enough grammar • Mature language
5.4K 98 9
A collection of oneshots that I've written as a part of the Scarred and Left me Like a Sunburn story. I'll upload them as and when they are in the st...
15.1K 204 41
Most people feel as though love can't be found without pain and suffering. And since they don't want to deal with it, they give up on love. This is n...