AEONIAN

By injunniez

☼ nct lee jeno ceo fanfiction ❝ why did you take his position? i don't think i hired you to do the job ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ... More

note
main characters
playlist
prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
special edit
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
epilogue

chapter 38

3.9K 228 205
By injunniez

"Where's this place?", I muttered. "I never heard of it."

I caught a cab and asked the driver to take me to the address that Haechan sent me. It was pretty far, which was alarming but Haechan was there.

I paid the driver and got off. I looked for the building and when I spotted it, I entered. There was a person standing behind a counter.

"Hello", I said to the person. "What's this place?"

"You must be Haechan's guest", the person said. "This is a rented place. He rented it for today."

"I see", I said and saw a door. "Do I enter there?"

"Yes, he's waiting inside", he said with a smile.

"Thank you", I thanked the guy and proceeded to enter the room that the door leads to. "It's snowing?"

It was a large event room that wasn't too cold that made me shiver, it was the right amount of coldness that I could take. There was fake snow on the ground and it was even snowing fake snow. The lights were dim, so I couldn't see much but it slowly brightened and I saw Haechan standing in the middle of the room, wearing a brown coat.

He heard my footsteps, making him turn around with a smile present.

"You're here, Byeol", he smiled. "Do you like it? I couldn't find the place you wanted to visit, so I made it. You love winter, but you get cold too easily. I hope this satisfies your heart."

"Why did you spend so much money?", I asked him. "You should've saved it."

"I was initially supposed to buy a star and name it after you", he chuckled. "I was supposed to show you it and go stargazing. If you said yes."

"What do you mean?", I asked, already suspecting it.

Haechan stood in front of me, his face was serious.

"What I mean, is if you said yes to my confession to you, that could've happened", Haechan explained. "I recently found out that you're with my half-brother, so that isn't happening."

He chuckled bitterly.

"I feel like I know you so well", he said. "You knew I liked you but never said anything. I don't need an explanation. I get where you're coming from. If you like someone, you should say it right away and not beat around the bush. You shouldn't beat someone to confirm their feelings because it's theirs."

"If you knew I knew, why didn't you say it?", I asked.

"It's because your heart chases after him. My eyes are on you, although you don't care", Haechan bitterly smiled. "Despite that, hearing your voice made me even more excited everyday so I didn't care, as long as I love you, I was okay."

"You made me feel so loved and I felt the true happiness inside me whenever I'm with you", he said. "My only comfort is to be able to completely embrace you."

"Maybe that's why I couldn't give up on you", Haechan confessed. "I'll be honest, I want to give up but I don't know. I can't give up on you."

"I really wanted there to be an 'us'. I was so in love that I was willing to take risks. I kept myself in a world of my own fantasies so that I could maintain my happiness. But later on, I figured out that you are my happiness, Kim Byeol", Haechan started to get teary. "I am afraid that I'll take you for granted. I think that's why I'm being like this. I'm nervous about that. What if I lose you? I hope you don't feel the same."

"I'm a literal mess. I'm selfish, immature and I may cause no good to you and I don't want that for you but...", Haechan trailed. "Please stay by my side today, please don't go."

"Haechan, I'm sorry", my eyes couldn't take it and tears started to flow down my cheeks. "Jeno's—"

"Don't say sorry. Don't worry. Don't be scared. Don't cry now.", Haechan smiled as he wiped my tears, despite that he was greatly hurt and was crying himself. "To me, you are very precious. Remember that."

"I'm really sorry", I felt very bad. I didn't know that it would hurt this bad.

"I told you, it's not your fault for not loving me back", Haechan tried keeping his smile up. "It's also not my fault for loving you so much, because I can't control my emotions."

"Before I leave...", Haechan trailed. "Can I ask for just one hug? That's all I've ever wanted except for being yours. We've never hugged before."

"Of course", I answered and Haechan pulled me into a hug. He hugged me tightly and I feel his tears falling onto my shoulder.

"This is the feeling that people say when they say, 'When you hug the person you love the most, you could feel the whole world's love in one hug,' and it's a feeling I can cherish forever", Haechan softly spoke.

He broke the hug right after and I tried to find the right words to say.

"You've never taken me for granted, Haechan. Don't think that", I tried to comfort him, tried to correct his words.

"You never noticed, did you? The first time I met you at Lee Cosmetics, I thought it was an opportunity for me to prove that Jeno wasn't a serious CEO because he didn't notice that someone else took a worker's job", Haechan explained. "I was being nice to you because of that. But I started to catch feelings, then I found out you were Kim Byeol..."

"What do you mean?", I asked, not understanding.

"Here's a little gift", Haechan said, avoiding my question and handing over a wrapped box. "I'll take my leave, Byeol. Keep shining. Goodbye."

He left without saying another word, leaving me alone in the place he rented.

"What is this?", I asked myself and slowly opened it.

I opened the box and there were two books inside. One was a book about constellations, while the other was the childhood book "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

I opened the constellation book and there was a page that was marked by something. There was a picture inserted in between the pages where the constellation "Virgo" was at. I flipped the picture and saw a picture of a boy and girl.

"He was that guy", I muttered, realizing it. "That's why it was so familiar to me. His phrase."

I read the myth behind the constellation, realizing the meaning behind it.

"He wouldn't place it here without wanting me to understand it", I muttered and tried to understand it. "He was hinting it here."

He didn't want me to end up like how Persephone did. He referred himself as Hades, while Jeno was Demeter in a way. He avoided becoming Hades, so he became Zeus.

"I didn't want you to be unhappy with me, but happy with Jeno", I read the sticky note that was also placed on the page.

I set the book aside and opened the children's book. I read every page until I reached the end of the book, where there was another sticky note.

"The boy didn't want to lie to the townspeople. He wanted attention from them, not because of the wolf, but because it was him", I read the sticky note. "It was the townspeople who didn't understand him."

I used my brain to understand how he wanted me to interpret it.

"He was the boy. Jeno was the wolf. The townspeople was his parents", I realized. "He just wanted attention from his parents."

It all made sense somehow.

[a/n: read chapter 5 for reference abt the constellation and story :> also if you don't mind, read the myth about the virgo constellation if you don't get it! the italicized phrases/words are from the playlist! if you notice, there's a certain time and that's when those phrases appear! <3 ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1.3K 47
- She didn't know how to deal with heartaches until she experienced one; and he just wanted to experience love, but he didn't know that Hwang Yiyeon...
57.5K 1.3K 23
Kim Haewon, a 21-year old university student that decided that she would only focus in her studies and her part-time job. A boyfriend is a big no in...
207K 16.5K 48
❝ Don't mess with the nonexistent. ❞ when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk on earth. ▬▬ status: completed ✓ a nct dream f...
670K 41.5K 81
"we're souls of fallen stars breathed into our bodies to live." "then why are you just existing?" ϟ he was on fire and she didn't know who she was. C...